As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Fire Emblem Heroes] Tempest Trials and FE: Warriors Special Maps

• SmoogySmoogy Registered User regular
    Darklyre wrote: »
    Smoogy wrote: »
    I like Swap on armor units but never used on anyone else. I kept Rally Defense for my Nowi, but Reposition on Julia has been great. I trypically have Reciprocal Aid or Ardent Sacrifice on people with Vantage/Desperation/hp-related moves.

Yeah, I can see Swap being useful on armored units (though I prefer Pivot/Reposition because I'm easily annoyed by the one-square movement).

I've actually been moving away from Vantage and more towards Quick Riposte (Nowi and Xander are all bulky and relatively slow, while Ike runs the Heavy Blade/Quick Riposte/Aether engine), so I'm looking towards heals to keep my units in QR range. Hell, I'm seriously thinking about putting Breath of Life on Kagero just to top off Ike and Nowi, or running with S!Chrom as an Ardent Sacrifice/Renewal healer.

Pivot is great on armored units when you use then in conjunction with non-armors. Swap is preferred in full armor cuz you dont need to go far. You just need to stay clumped and swap around for triangle advantage. Eventually, all my armors will have both so i can use situationally.

And yeah - QR is great on Nowi. I have no one with breath of life. I gave Julia threaten res, for example. Would be nice to mitigate some fury damage tho. Vantage is still really good foe units with distant counter, like on Ryoma.

Smoogy-1689
    3DS Friend Code: 1821-8991-4141
    PAD ID: 376,540,262

• AcheronAcheron Registered User regular
    The catch-up mechanic seems to keep the gauntlet more interesting, but it isn't enough to sway a runaway like tharja vs Linde. In the later stages, the 10% lead that triggers the multiplier is far too big to close in a short time

Julia and Sanaki are neck and neck...no one is getting the bonus because people are gunshy to blow flags before the 3x bonus kicks in.

Smoogy-1689

• KelorKelor Registered User regular
    edited May 2017
    gvln2bid48tu.jpg

Kelor on
  • chrono_travellerchrono_traveller Registered User regular
    That sure is an amazing broken link there @Kelor ;-)

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    It's sad...I've finally grinded enough SP to finish off Renewal for Lucina, only for her to get supplanted by Ike.

• KelorKelor Registered User regular
    That sure is an amazing broken link there @Kelor ;-)

It was there earlier!

• SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    It's sad...I've finally grinded enough SP to finish off Renewal for Lucina, only for her to get supplanted by Ike.

Different niches. Lucina is fast enough to double most unboosted people, and still his pretty hard at that

steam_sig.png
  • urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    My God. There's a Hector and I get fucked. Seriously.... He's level 32. My Bucina is 40, this archer is 37 and this Lancer is 38. No matter what all of my units die. How the fuck is this fair?

This shit isn't fun and is why I generally avoid the Arena but this voting shit requires me to fight against these assholes to get the rewards.

• AnteCantelopeAnteCantelope Registered User regular
    edited May 2017
    urahonky wrote: »
    This shit isn't fun and is why I generally avoid the Arena but this voting shit requires me to fight against these assholes to get the rewards.

If you're not enjoying it, I recommend taking your lowest level Olivia, or someone else who can dance or buff or heal or something. You'll get paired up with equivalent enemies (ie level 5 or whatever) but you'll usually be given level 40 allies, making it trivial.

Edit: I do the same thing in arena. Lv40 5* Hector, Lv40 5* Effie, lv20 4* Olivia, lv1 2-3* bonus unit. With that combo I get around 4000 arena points each week, without getting too annoyed by anything.

AnteCantelope on
  • AnteCantelopeAnteCantelope Registered User regular
    Also, I just got the lunatic Ursula map first go! I struggled with the 3* last time and never tried the 4*, but now I've got some of those arsehole units it was a breeze.

Hector baits and kills lower ninja and Ursula, Takumi baits and kills the upper ninja, Effie takes the red horse and Marth takes the armoured axe.

edited May 2017
    If youre getting beaten by Hector, bring a red or green...not a blue.

Will be rank 5-10k for team Julia. Bring on Tharja!!! And...defeat hehe.

Smoogy on
    Smoogy-1689

• Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    edited May 2017
    Alright, after failing to get Ike with 200+ orbs initially, I'm now back to 108 orbs. Let's do this.

First pull: Three reds. 3-star Eliwood, 4-star Raigh 3-star Palla.

Second pull: no reds. 3-star Felicia.

Third pull: One red.

8U9QRun.png?1

f0zQt45.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jF_WA9eOjTk

Maz- on
    Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
    Smoogy wrote: »
    If youre getting beaten by Hector, bring a red or green...not a blue.

Will be rank 5-10k for team Julia. Bring on Tharja!!! And...defeat hehe.

I was bringing Lucina but then I kept getting matched up against Takumi.

• AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    Yeah, the tricky thing about the voting gauntlet is that it's impossible to guarantee that you'll have a counter to all the common threats. You need some luck.

...or you can take a level 1 character, and steamroll everything with a level 40 ally.

• jmcdonaldjmcdonald I voted, did you? DC(ish)Registered User regular
    Yeah, the tricky thing about the voting gauntlet is that it's impossible to guarantee that you'll have a counter to all the common threats. You need some luck.

...or you can take a level 1 character, and steamroll everything with a level 40 ally.

my level 2 3* MRobin hasn't lost yet!

Tharja with 3x bonus is scary. Julia will be crushed but I will have to use all my flags to keep up with the army rank!

Smoogy-1689

• TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    So Tharja somehow was behind Julia but that lasted all of an hour because during that 3X period she jumped 2.2B points.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Tharja having to work for it is no fun, easy feathers only please

2x39jD4.jpg
    Team Julia didnt even catch up from x3...we got it again, haha.

Smoogy-1689

• OptyOpty Registered User regular
    I went through my characters and realized I don't have a good green mage, so I decided to do 1 pull on the female mages summon and ended up with no greens. So I just did a red to get out of there and ended up with Tharja. I've probably used up all my luck for a while with that.

• DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    Finally got through all of the World 10 Lunatic missions. Only needed Light's Blessing on 10-4, which I found difficult due to all the cavalry that overwhelmed Blucina and Kagero once the obstacles dropped.

10-5 was hilariously easy, though - baited the blue flier with Minerva, baited Titania/Mist/Soren to death with Ike, then had Blucina walk up the middle and ORKO'd the enemy Ike. Azura did nothing but stand there and look pretty. Done by turn 5.

• MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    Finally got through all of the World 10 Lunatic missions. Only needed Light's Blessing on 10-4, which I found difficult due to all the cavalry that overwhelmed Blucina and Kagero once the obstacles dropped.

10-5 was hilariously easy, though - baited the blue flier with Minerva, baited Titania/Mist/Soren to death with Ike, then had Blucina walk up the middle and ORKO'd the enemy Ike. Azura did nothing but stand there and look pretty. Done by turn 5.

10-4 was the one that messed me up too. It wasn't until I finished leveling up Hector that I managed it. Even then it was close.

There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    edited May 2017
    gabReoO.png

Really went down to the wire there. The Lyn is +atk/-res and Ike is nuetral.

So do I keep the neutral Ike and raise him up to feed to my +def/-hp ike or the reverse or keep em both??

No Great Name on
    PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Keep em both?

Also, Ike's Heavy Blade is unique, so hang onto it in case it enables something super broken.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    Somehow I have been leveling like mad lately. I need to remember to do the Ursula thing before that's over (which is soon... hmm..). I got her AND Anna up to 40 somehow.

Side note - I'm sure it's not possible but is there some way I'm not seeing to always have the danger zones turned on? It's just annoying having to click that button every match :P

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    I finally figured out I could beat Ursula with Effie. So that's done.

I'm going to be stuck in the same arena rank, though, as my score fell all the way from 'up 3 ranks' to nothing over the week. And that was doing all Advanced. So I'm going to be getting pitiful rewards. Not really a fan of the new system as it's not benefiting me at all! And I'm still getting to fight ridiculous teams and Takumi and Hector all the time.

Like the team of four Lucinas, with multiple Vantage and Distant Counter sprinkled around. With the player named Fuuutuuureee.

uyvfOQy.png
    edited May 2017
    Ok, I just managed to do the Ursula one with both Ursula and Anna (at different times) and it was easy, so yay. I was trying to look at videos online and most were nearly identical, having some red knight tank hits from the ninjas while a green mage did most of the work. I tried Marth as a replacement but that was no good (I guess he is weak to ninjas, oops :P). Then I remembered I have the best ninja tank - Male Robin :P Once I subbed him in, it was easy mode. "Oh look, you took 1 damage off Robin while he knocked you down to 10 hp in a counterattack." The one with Anna I literally just stuffed her in a corner while Robin and Spring Camilla did all the work (with Olivia dancing for them)

Edit: Oh and all the new stuff is here btw:

(sorry Celica... I still need to save my orbs for the Tharja banner... though she is also a red mage... bleh)

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • BlehBlehAmigaBlehBlehAmiga Registered User regular
    Did a couple of colorless pulls and after the usual trash ended up with a Genny. I think I want to just keep her around for now since none of my other healers are real standouts (and none are 5* or 4*+) and she seems reasonable enough. If I ever pull an Elise or there some better healer released later I'll have the wrathful staff instead of having tossed it on someone not significantly better than Genny anyway.

Had a blue orb left after pulling her and a couple of orbs to spare so gave it a shot and ended up with a 4* Reinhart so that's nice. Almost to the point where I might think of promoting someone, but not sure who ye. He might be up there now.

ffbe ign: Kas
    I needed a red mage and Celica looks really cool, so why not? Around 60 orbs later I am the proud owner of a few new draugs, a Henry, and yet another palla. No 5 stars. Booo!

• TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    Oh hey 30 F2P Orbs got me Celica and Genny! We're back baby, and I got a Red Mage to replace my poor terrible -SPD Tharja!

Oh what's that Celica, you're minus SPD?

Why hello Monkey Paw, how are you?

• AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    Hey, orbs from the new chapter got me Julia. She's only my second 5* mage, and my previous one was Merric, so she might as well be my first 5* mage.

I think with that, I might start saving up orbs again. Feel like I got everything I could need in the short term, now.

• TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    I want to do some 5 pulls on this banner but also want to save the orbs incase of a summer event or the players choice banner thing.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
    How does it determine your party for these voting gauntlets? I always seem to get matched with a level 27 Rebecca. It looks like it's a friend unit?

Oh, I stumbled on this last night. Seems to be all the latest stuff datamined:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKITF2XuJ1k

Real curious what that Wedding banner is...

• ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    I rolled some for Celica, but didn't get. Got two Lon'qu though, so I'll take that.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Worth pulling on this banner or no?

Lloyd art looks so, so bad. Who thought "smelling a ripe fart" was the correct expression for a cold blooded swordsman like him? Even if he's a good unit, no chance I train him now.

• TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »
    Worth pulling on this banner or no?

Ehhhh?

I mean, Wrathful Staff is a meta-breaking ability, but only for certain units.

But if you really need a mage of any color the female mage banner is literally right there with the best Red Mage, the Best Infantry Blue Mage, and the best Green Mage not named Nino.

Celica is interesting, but need neutral/+SPD and ATK and a dedicated healer in order to be real good. Mae's a beefier but slower Linde, and Green Child is an...odd defensive mage but might be good? But is 100% the wrong color because there are way WAYY too many sky high attack reds to counter him.

Overall I'd say pass unless you have a waifu, or a 5* Horse Healer(In that case it would be worth it to pull colorless for Wrathful).