As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Penny Arcade - Comic - Metagame

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited May 2017 in The Penny Arcade Hub

imagePenny Arcade - Comic - Metagame

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
  • Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    All life is HP and time is an unremovable DoT

My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    edited May 2017
    This explains why he was so upset about that lost hour playing HoTS.

MichaelLC on
  • Options
    bbullockbbullock Registered User regular
    edited May 2017
    I have to agree with @koopahtroopah (does that tagging work, here?)... I feel like this is one of the best comics they've done in ages... not because the others aren't great, but because this one just really appeals to me, for some reason.

(Apparently, that tagging does work, here).

bbullock on
  • Options
    RatherDashing89RatherDashing89 Registered User regular
    I've always felt like the best part of Penny Arcade is that they can make hilarious and original comics out of the oldest of video game jokes. I feel that this comic has reached critical mass in that vein. Penny Arcade managed to make a really funny, really clever comic that looks to be an instant classic--out of "what if we had HP in real life". Masterful.

Also, I love the comics where G&T both get a big role in the joke. This strip only works because of Jerry's writing and Mike's art.

• Options
    Hawk oneHawk one Registered User regular
    "My mind-womb has birthed many... techniques."

Lines like these are why I tolerate that sometimes (and I stress -sometimes-, not always), Tycho/Jerry engages in what I call "vocabulary masturbation" in his posts. About once a month, he makes a 6-paragraph essay on the virtues of parallax scrolling in an obscure pixelated racing game that is really about you coming to terms with your father's lost legacy of politics and cupcakes, and wherein half the words he uses are pulled out from a thesaurus (mainly in the hopes of making Mike weep when he reads it*), and that is the price we gladly pay for bejeweled crowns like the line above.

*Joke's of course on Jerry, because Mike never reads Jerry's posts.

But signatures don't really work, do they?
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Center panel. Can't stop thinking Dr. Strange.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    ziddersroofurryziddersroofurry Registered User regular
    Whoa.
    This is epic.

• Options
    shadowysea07shadowysea07 Registered User regular
    I agree with BBULLOCK and RATHERDASHING89 this was an amazingly well done comic. Easily one of if not the best in recent memory.

• Options
    lionheartssjlionheartssj Bartertown Chief Merchant BartertownRegistered User regular
    This is a fantastic comic.