As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Fire Emblem Heroes] Tempest Trials and FE: Warriors Special Maps

• chrono_travellerchrono_traveller Registered User regular
    I mean, I kinda like to get Genny for the wrathful staff, but on the other hand, I feel like I just get more mediocre healers that I already have too many of (even if I don't have Takumi either). And, while the other heroes look good, I probably should start hoarding orbs, since I'm basically broke on orbs.

Did one last pull on the Ike banner before it was over, and got my first (and obviously only now) focus unit, a -atk Soren. Not exactly ideal, but not as bad as 5* Hawkeye. ;-)

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • FrosteeyFrosteey Elaise 1521-2945-8940Registered User regular
    Some hundreds of orbs later, -ATK Mae, Duplicate -ATK Lucina, Rebecca, Mist.

Also got a 4 star Titania and Clair though, so I ended up getting everything I wanted from the Alm and Ike banners without ever pulling on them.

Please become a 4* Genny : (

• DuriniaDurinia Evolved from Space Potatoes Registered User regular
    edited May 2017
    Man, people must be struggling in Tier10. I have a measly 2979 and am in the "up 3 tiers" grouping (barely).

Anyone know what the next arena bonus heroes will be? (Edit: nm, looks like they aren't changing...)

Durinia on
    For business reasons, I must preserve the outward sign of sanity.
    --Mark Twain
  • DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    Just gotta say - I love that Azura basically nullifies Ryoma. My +1 Azura just ORKO'd a +4 Ryoma with Fury/Vantage and took a grand total of 5 damage in the process.

• AcheronAcheron Registered User regular
    Anyone have any experience with Jeorge? I got a +atk -def 4 star that I'm considering promoting. If he had life and death + desperation, seems like he could do some damage.

My -atk Takumi has been pretty underwhelming. Not sure if close counter is worth passing to anyone, since in general it seems a lot less useful than distant counter. If you have a ranged unit often they don't wanna be taking any hits from melee.

• AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    Acheron wrote: »
    My -atk Takumi has been pretty underwhelming. Not sure if close counter is worth passing to anyone, since in general it seems a lot less useful than distant counter. If you have a ranged unit often they don't wanna be taking any hits from melee.
    Yeah I've been holding on to Takumi for distant counter and I just don't know what to do with it. The few ranged units who are defensive enough to want close counter are probably not good enough to be worth it (like Matthew and Henry). It seems pretty good for Spring Camilla I guess.

• ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    I’ve attempted the 11-5 map a few times now for that quest and I’ve failed horribly every time. Mages are my weakness!

However, it’s given me the chance to look at my units to see what makes sense for me to start working on. During the double SP event, I basically took my 10 5* units and tried to get them the SP to get what I eventually wanted (should I ever get the right units for the skills) or finish them off with the skills I want. Unfortunately, it means I didn’t work on up and coming units.

So I’ve decided I’m going to work on horse emblem. I’d love flier emblem, but without Hinoka, that really isn’t ideal. A mage group would be fun, since I have a 4* Nino and 4* Tharja, both +atk/-def. I lack the feathers to make that a reality though. So I have my Jagen, Ursula, Cecilia and a Clarine, all 4* for now. I’ve put the blade tomes on the mages and decided to start working on them since they are the neutral IV ones. I put the hone calvary skill on Clarine a while back, so figured I better keep her around for now. I do have a 5* Xander, I should figure out what skills to put on him. Maybe Jagen’s Fortify calvary or something.

Is it worthwhile to use hone calvary x2 and fortify calvary x2, instead of the +4 within 2 spaces buffs (which I don’t have access to the atk/spd one anyways)?

• McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    There are few things more painful than doing a full pull and getting all 3* heroes that you can get for free on the special maps.

steam_sig.png
  • MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    I pulled the new banner, and once on the female mages.

Got 5* Linde, which is nice. But the rest was crap. Not even useful crap.

Where are you Klein? I need to feed you to Kagero.

There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    Did daily orbs go away or did i somehow miss it in today's gifts?

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • AcheronAcheron Registered User regular
    Did daily orbs go away or did i somehow miss it in today's gifts?

They went away. At least until the next flimsy excuse to continue them.

you got new story quests instead...

--Mark Twain
  • RoyallyFlushedRoyallyFlushed Registered User regular
    I really, really want a Celica
    to sacrifice to Xander for that sweet Distant Def + Distant Counter weapon synergy

• LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    those daily orbs are a deciding factor in whether i feel compelled to log in every night.

• SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    to sacrifice to Xander for that sweet Distant Def + Distant Counter weapon synergy

That seems wasteful. His def is already high enough that he barely takes any damage at all from physical attackers, and 5 more res isn't going to help much against mages

steam_sig.png
    Spoit wrote: »

That seems wasteful. His def is already high enough that he barely takes any damage at all from physical attackers, and 5 more res isn't going to help much against mages

It stacks with cavalry buffs, my friend

• TransporterTransporter Registered User regular

No, but +9 Res with a single ward is SIGNIFICANT.

Especially if you're running Quick Riposte.

• SmoogySmoogy Registered User regular
    MuddBudd wrote: »

I went with a 4* Hana instead for L&D 2 for my Kagero.

Linde is amazing - nothing to be disappointed with there! Well, depending on the IVs, hehe.

Smoogy-1689
    3DS Friend Code: 1821-8991-4141
    PAD ID: 376,540,262

I'm guessing the odds of Eirika being on a banner soon are low?

I base that assumption solely on my desperation Nino needing a partner, along with my typical luck.

--Mark Twain
  • MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    Smoogy wrote: »
    MuddBudd wrote: »

I went with a 4* Hana instead for L&D 2 for my Kagero.

Linde is amazing - nothing to be disappointed with there! Well, depending on the IVs, hehe.

I haven't even looked at her IVs, but if I need a mage I generally run Babyhands

Yeah I am eying Life and Death as well. Still deciding

There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    Man, the 11-3 lunatic quest is kicking my ass. I may need to look up strategy videos (if any exist yet). I can beat it but having my army split up just sucks for them all surviving

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Durinia wrote: »
    I'm guessing the odds of Eirika being on a banner soon are low?

I base that assumption solely on my desperation Nino needing a partner, along with my typical luck.

Yeah, Eirika/Ephraim have the only weapons with an unconditional field buff.

Ninian/Fae have a conditional +8 for blade tomes though on Light Breath...

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
    Honestly, if you can't get Eirika or Ephraim, you'd be much better of just giving one of your useful units a good rally assist and a buffing c skill than you would be trying to get Light Breath buffs off on your blade tome.

• PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Honestly, if you can't get Eirika or Ephraim, you'd be much better of just giving one of your useful units a good rally assist and a buffing c skill than you would be trying to get Light Breath buffs off on your blade tome.

Yeah, that makes sense. May I suggest Sharena?

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • jmcdonaldjmcdonald I voted, did you? DC(ish)Registered User regular
  • AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    Glad I promoted Xander. Interesting to see Roy, though... wonder if we're gonna start seeing the other starters pop up again as bonus heroes.

• ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Who are those two fliers?

ObiFett wrote: »
    Who are those two fliers?

Shanna and Subaki

welp, looks like roy's my boy for next arena season.
    i almost promoted zephiel. i still might, at some point.

i've only moved a few units to 4* for skill inheritance, haven't spent any feathers otherwise.
    so... i've got like 70k feathers. still trying to figure out who to promote, but i'm in no hurry about it.

red 5* Young Tiki, Roy, Karel, Leo
    blue 5* Ephraim+1, Azura, Cordelia, Peri, Olwen
    green 5* Camilla, Sheena
    colorless 5* Klein, Takumi, Kagero, Priscilla

i feel like my colorless is god tier, red and blue have good options, and my green is very shallow.

Lucedes wrote: »
    welp, looks like roy's my boy for next arena season.
    i almost promoted zephiel. i still might, at some point.

i've only moved a few units to 4* for skill inheritance, haven't spent any feathers otherwise.
    so... i've got like 70k feathers. still trying to figure out who to promote, but i'm in no hurry about it.

red 5* Young Tiki, Roy, Karel, Leo
    blue 5* Ephraim+1, Azura, Cordelia, Peri, Olwen
    green 5* Camilla, Sheena
    colorless 5* Klein, Takumi, Kagero, Priscilla

i feel like my colorless is god tier, red and blue have good options, and my green is very shallow.

Which 4* are your main considerations?

Steam
    4* effie, 4* zephiel, 4* nino, 4* tharja, 4* xander
    upgrade a 4* kagero to get a Kagero+1 with +atk instead of -atk IVs (very tempting, but... klein and takumi are right there too...)
    upgrade narcian or michalis from trash*?
    get nowi from an orb in the distant future and give lightning breath+ to Young Tiki because green mages give me nightmares right now.

Having a merged Ephraim with no blade tome user to pair off with him sounds criminal to me!

upgrade a 4* kagero to get a Kagero+1 with +atk instead of -atk IVs (very tempting, but... klein and takumi are right there too...)
    get nowi from an orb in the distant future and give lightning breath+ to Young Tiki because green mages give me nightmares right now.

Depending on IVs, that nino might be a good call. Your green is meh and Nino brings the pain.

But I am partial to mages so

Steam

Once buffs are up, Gronnblade-wielding mages will give nightmares to anyone besides Sanaki/Celica/Lilina.

IMO, your best bet is to promote Kagero, merge her for a +ATK +1, and use her to take them out - very few blade tome wielders are bulky enough to survive a hit from her, except for maybe S!Camilla with buffs. The mages that can lock her out are raven tome users with TA3, especially if they're mounted (so RobinM, Cecilia, weird Ursula variants).

Another option is Nino (if you've got a good IV, anyways). As @RoyallyFlushed said, pair her with bufflord Ephraim and a red of some kind and you're in business.

Tharja can also do the same as Nino thanks to her tome, though the color coverage is slightly worse (IMO, anyways). It's better if the buffer is at a disadvantage to the buffee (Nino can nuke all greens and blues, while Ephraim just has to handle reds), whereas if the buffer is advantaged over the buffee you get overlap issues (Ephraim and Tharja can both take out reds, but both are unable to handle bulky blue units like Effie/Nowi).

Takumi's very good all around and can bait for you, but honestly he's not all that powerful anymore. Klein takes a lot more work than a +ATK Kagero, and he's still not going to do as much damage against infantry, even if he's better against fliers.

Last option - promote Xander, and have him go with Peri/Leo/Priscilla for Horse Emblem. You'll have some issues with blue (Peri has crappy DEF and can't duel other blues very well) but with horse buffs that's not really a major sticking point.

• chrono_travellerchrono_traveller Registered User regular
    In a result that will probably not surprise many, Tharja and Robin are in the finals. I'm now 3 for 3 in picking the second place finisher. :)

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Ugh, I must have cleared out my free gunters back before skill inheritance. I don't have a spare to toss onto Xander. I wonder if I should just eat this one that I've been using for leveling...

steam_sig.png
  • TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    Alright, story 11 missions complete. They put up more of a fight this time around. 11-5 was actually one off the easier ones as buffed blade tomes don't care that you're on a fortress tile.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
    edited May 2017
    ...alright so i just got 5* Celica? not sure what to do with her.
    probably going to promote +atk kagero and train her up as my next project.

edit: also finally beat lunatic ursula! working with Kagero / Camilla / Young Tiki / Azura.
    Kagero baited and killed corner ninja, Camilla baited and killed Ursula, Young Tiki killed both horse and armor guy and Azura made sure no one died.

Lucedes on
    I just realized - putting Distant DEF 3 on my +RES/-HP Nowi would give her 36 DEF/RES against ranged units. That is ridiculously bulky

• SmoogySmoogy Registered User regular
    edited May 2017
    Ugh, I must have cleared out my free gunters back before skill inheritance. I don't have a spare to toss onto Xander. I wonder if I should just eat this one that I've been using for leveling...

You will get more Gunters.

This is going to be a rough arena season. My 4-star Xander is the best bet. I really dont want to 5-star Alphonse but it's something Im considering bc of constant arena bonus...might oay off in the end (same with Anna).

Smoogy on
    Smoogy-1689
    3DS Friend Code: 1821-8991-4141
    PAD ID: 376,540,262