As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

For Blood! For Glory! [For Honor]!

• Options
    General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    edited May 2017
    Shinobi execution of #2 looks like a good way to accidentally neuter yourself.

"So how did you lose your wang? "

" well long story short, it all started when I decided to show off and said 'hey everybody, watch this!' "

General_Armchair on
    3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular

" well long story short, it all started when I decided to show off and said 'hey everybody, watch this!' "

Cutting away from yourself is, like, the first thing you learn in Boy Scouts

And you don't even need the motivation of having your wedding tackle on the chopping block to learn it

• Options
    Undead MonkeyUndead Monkey Anchorage, AKRegistered User regular
    New heroes out on the 16th for SP holders (which I have). Injustice 2 comes out on the 16th. RIP my exclusivity.

SteamID: Pudgestomp
    XBL: InvaderJims
    Bnet: Pudgestomp#11153
  • Options
    Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    Centurion can integrate a jab into his chains, and seemsto have have additional CC modifiers on his guard break.

Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Hot damn, the Centurion has some dope ass executions!

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    STANCE SWITCH SPEED will be ADDRESSED!

Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    May need to dust off the poleaxe and get back into this. Jesus, this year is the year of the fighters.

• Options
    May need to dust off the poleaxe and get back into this. Jesus, this year is the year of the fighters.

LB is strong now, arguable top tier even.

• Options
    BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    edited May 2017
    Hiryu02 wrote: »
    LB is strong now, arguable top tier even.
    Yeah. Good ones are down right scary at this point. That and the playerbase has gotten better / THE WEAK HAVE FALLEN TO THE WAYSIDE.

Bizazedo on
    XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Uhh, I was gonna post it here, but it's huge. Here's the main link instead. Patch notes.

https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/6am60a/patch_notes_v107/

Good section though, GB feint and unlock tech is going away:

“Soft feints”
    [Bug Fix] Guardbreak and Attacks can no longer be cancelled by switching guard and attack very quickly.
    Developer comments: The ability to cancel out of Guard Break or Light attacks with another attack, also known as soft feints is something the community identified pretty quickly. We’ve taken note of your observations about how it might help improve the defensive meta. However, for now, we’re fixing it because it’s an unintended and most importantly, unreliable mechanic. The timing window to cancel out into a soft feint is not only very short, it also doesn’t trigger reliably. So no matter how hard you try to master the timing, if the window of opportunity doesn’t open, you won’t be able to soft feint. This is why we’re fixing it for now. If we ever were to make an actual gameplay mechanic with soft feints (no promise!) we’d implement it so that you could use it reliably.

Unlock exploit
    [Bug Fix] Unlocking during an attack will no longer make it unparryable.
    Developer comments: This is another big exploit that the community has identified quickly. As you attacked your target in Guard mode and released Guard very quickly at the beginning of the attack, a bug caused the attack to lose target, making it unparryable for the opponent.

Revenge
    [Bug Fix] Melee attacks no longer drain stamina on a target with Revenge active.

Sprint
    [Bug Fix] All characters are no longer able to maintain Sprint state while not actually moving.
    Developer comments: We’ve already updated how Sprint attacks work in order to make sure they trigger only after you’ve initiated Sprint. We had one remaining issue allowing players to Sprint, pull back slowly on the left stick to return to center position, causing characters to maintain Sprint state while not actually moving.

Moveset
    Updated the use of the Successful Icon on moves that must hit.

Hiryu02 on
  • Options
    General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    That's great news because the "soft feints" and the false attack indicators that it threw out were what made me drop the game at the time.

3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
  • Options
    NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular

Cutting away from yourself is, like, the first thing you learn in Boy Scouts

And you don't even need the motivation of having your wedding tackle on the chopping block to learn it

just shows how weeb the sams really are.

a4irovn5uqjp.png
    Steam - NotoriusBEN | Uplay - notoriusben | Xbox,Windows Live - ThatBEN
  • Options
    QanamilQanamil x Registered User regular
    Oh dang, Raider changes in those notes. 'Bout time.

• Options
    edited May 2017
    oh hey, elimination is still hot garbage, but at least the fumes wont burn the inside of your head now. So now that epic 1v4 might have a chance outside of ledges.

LIVE UPDATE
    -Game Mode
    --Elimination
    Fallen team mates can only be revived once per round.

NotoriusBEN on
    a4irovn5uqjp.png
  • Options
  • Options
    AvalonGuardAvalonGuard Registered User regular
    Hey duders, 16th is approaching fast and bringing in some super interesting characters to a game I've loved to love but the playerbase is a hairy slimeball that is doing it's absolute damndest to ruin it for me anyways.

I'll be trying to get back into this with season 2 and I'd be interested to know if there was interest in bringing the inhouse tourneys back. I'm certain interest in the game overall has waned here but I'd like to get the overall feel of the game's temperature, as it were.

Basically what I'm getting at is I might be willing to make an attempt to see if my internet can handle streaming it if @CorriganX is not willing to try it this time around.

• Options
    DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular
    oh hey, elimination is still hot garbage, but at least the fumes wont burn the inside of your head now. So now that epic 1v4 might have a chance outside of ledges.

LIVE UPDATE
    -Game Mode
    --Elimination
    Fallen team mates can only be revived once per round.

Make this an allmode change. Revive once, then you have to respawn if you go down again. Game mode won't let you respawn? Then use your life wisely.

• Options
    KonphujunKonphujun Illinois, USARegistered User regular
    If the in house tournaments get going again you can count me in. I'm still terrible, but much less self conscious about it.

Everything: Konphujun(#1458)
  • Options
    I'm on Xbone so no in-house tourneys for me. I do love watching and taking part in the stream when I can, though, so I'd love to see some more of this.

• Options
    fsmith1fsmith1 Registered User regular
    I still play almost every day, so if anyone ever wants to join up on PC my uplay is fsmith01 . If tourneys started up again I'd be happy to give it a go as well.

• Options
    stopgapstopgap Registered User regular
    My youplay is captainchiggles.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Looks like Ubisoft is hosting some kind of tournament at twitch.tv/forhonorgame 5pm EST. Looks like 8 streaming personalities (one of whom I know is Strippin, who's pretty decent), along with 8 of the top players. A good way to spend the time waiting for the content drop.

• Options
    edited May 2017
    Not sure if this was already posted, but some of the details are definitely new to me, like how high stats have a matching debuff:

https://forhonor.ubisoft.com/game/en-CA/news-community/164-290121-16/season-2-gear-stats-revamp

Also everyone gets 4 gift packs today at some point.

Hiryu02 on
  • Options
    BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    Patch the 16th, right?

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • Options
    Yes.

• Options
    edited May 2017
    Some higher profile streamers are streaming from Ubisoft's California offices (I think?) and will be doing launch event streams for the new heroes starting at 2PM pacific today.

Oh, and it looks there is an official dev stream at the same time:

twitch.tv/forhonorgame

Undead Monkey on
  • Options
    WingedWeaselWingedWeasel Registered User regular
    i havent played for honor in a while, but i do love spectating this game. it's like gears from the perspective of spectacle

• Options
    So Ubisoft kinda pulled a fast one on the nonprofessional streamers for this tournament;

This is kind of a bad look, honestly. Makes it seem like they brought the streamers in to try and squeeze extra viewers out of the ether.

• Options
    Hey look an Orochi

Zone
    Zone
    Zone
    Zone
    Zone

Yup

• Options
    Mr.SunshineMr.Sunshine Registered User regular
    edited May 2017
    Docshifty wrote: »
    Hey look an Orochi

Zone
    Zone
    Zone
    Zone
    Zone

Yup

The versatility is overwhelming!

Edit: WEEB RUN HYPE! BELIEVE IT!

Mr.Sunshine on
  • Options
    So, a few things I am noticing watching this Dominion portion of the dev stream.

Firstly, the quality of the live commentary is surprisingly low. There are a lot of weird gaps in knowledge about game mechanics, and they are highlighting all sorts of strange things that are not particularly important or insightful. There's also a surprising amount of team analysis, which is strange considering it's essentially a PUG.

Second, it is painfully obvious that Dominion has not been the focus of competitive play, there are a lot of totally bizarre calls and movements being made by both teams and it's pretty clear that there is not a high level of strategy or play around objectives.

Third, it's really interesting to see how well or how poorly the different players adapted to their chances at playing the new characters. For the most part Centurion was pretty weak impact until Fatal_Feit got his hands on him and started to make use of his mixup and knockdown game. Shinobi in general looks really interesting and high risk/high reward, also hella slippery. Mark my words, Centurion is going to be the new FOTM bullshit spam character.

Fourth, dominion games have the potential to be so much more interesting to watch than the current duel tourneys. If the commentary was more engaging and on point, and the teams were actually organized and cohesive it could be so much more intriguing to watch. The 2v2 and 1v1 stuff is boring partly because of the huge bias towards defensive play now, but the chaos of the 4v4 engagements makes things more aggressive and dynamic, and ultimately more engaging in my opinion.

• Options
    bummer. I don't want to be part of the fotm flock, but the centurion looks like he'd pick up a nice spot next to my conq.

a4irovn5uqjp.png
  • Options
    KonphujunKonphujun Illinois, USARegistered User regular
    edited May 2017
    bummer. I don't want to be part of the fotm flock, but the centurion looks like he'd pick up a nice spot next to my conq.

I'm playing Cent regardless. He looks fun, the moveset seems right up my alley and I have the season pass. I'll dive in alongside the masses and see what I can do. Did it with the Lawbro (which I will certainly keep doing) and intend to do it again now. Fuck the masses, I play whats fun to me.

Konphujun on
    Everything: Konphujun(#1458)
  • Options
    I think no matter what, it's unrealistic to expect there will not be a ton of Cents and Shins upon release and for a good while after. They are the first new classes ever and people will want to play them no matter how weeb or allegedly spammy they are.

• Options
    And that you effectively have to reach rep5 to gear then and Yeah, all dlc class games for a while I bet

• Options
    edited May 2017
    I mean, I kinda wish every character had the number of tools that the Centurion appears to have, and there will certainly be some that just spam the kick and not much else. When his full kit was revealed, I was pretty miffed at how much utility they gave him, but there's no telling how safe any of it is at the moment. Valk has a ton of utility, but most of it is vulnerable so she feels balanced aside from light spam on consoles (which is the case with any light-light combos or flicker zones ~500ms at 30fps) so maybe he will be as punishable as she is. If not, he's essentially got the following tools at his disposal:

Shugoki's headbutt (hopefully sans stun) with the jab
    Warlord's headbutt with the kick
    Something like valk's sweep knockdown with the haymaker and the added bonus of a serious punish on knockdown
    Valk's sweep throw extension with the followup kick on a throw
    Something like shugoki's charged heavies with the thrust
    Raider's wallbang stamina drain with the repeated jabs on GB, but it doesn't rely on proximity to a wall

Plus, one of his rank 2 feats makes all of his punches/jabs/kicks do damage, so that could add a whole extra layer of bullshit. The added level of giving him a charged unblockable option after virtually every attack save a single light (but if it's two it can be thrown) just seems like a recipe for way too many tools in one box. Again, there's no certainty on how safe any of this stuff is, so if it's all relatively reactable it could be okay, but if his recoveries are quick he's going to be absolutely awful to go up against.

The Shinobi has pretty clear weaknesses, and there's no doubt that his mixup and zoning games are going to be insane, but with his low health pool and the severe punish on parrying his ranged attacks I have no doubt that most Shinobis will be pushovers, while the absolute best will be a nightmare.

EDIT: Also, there's potential for the Shinobi's double dash > kick > heavy combo to be abused depending on recoveries, and if he's able to do a straight GB out of weeb sprint it could be the new Shug charge 50/50, except without the hyper armor or the health pool.

fsmith1 on
  • Options
    SonorkSonork CanadaRegistered User regular
    I've been enjoying the valk for awhile now as my main and the cent look slike fun. I hope he plays like her but with better mix ups and not having to rely on lights to open.

• Options
    Cent is really interesting. He has openers from lights and heavies. Also a really strong emphasis on knockdowns and stamina drains. I like the varied options. This guy backing you into a wall is going to be super dangerous.

• Options
    edited May 2017
    Hiryu02 wrote: »
    Cent is really interesting. He has openers from lights and heavies. Also a really strong emphasis on knockdowns and stamina drains. I like the varied options. This guy backing you into a wall is going to be super dangerous.

Yep, his wallbang punish oneshots a Shinobi. It's on par with Berserker's OOS punish, but all it requires is a GB and a wall. His punches/kicks knockdown when revenged too, so he gets plenty of opportunity to do those leaping stabs, not sure if it's an infinite combo for the duration but that wouldn't surprise me. @Klyka highlights the wallbang combo in his new video, and shows that the kick is reactable if you have a dodge attack so at least there's that. If you're playing a char without a dodge attack though you're going to have a bad time.

EDIT: Whoops, forgot that he also gets an undocumented soft feint, so his charged heavy by itself is pretty much a 50/50. It seems like characters with fast lights might be able to interrupt the heavy with a quick stab, and I'm not sure how well the charged attack tracks if you dodge, but he could just throw the GB in that case anyway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Afqmnq7mjeI

fsmith1 on
  • Options