As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Fire Emblem Heroes] Tempest Trials and FE: Warriors Special Maps

• SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Smoogy wrote: »
    Spoit wrote: »
    Ugh, I must have cleared out my free gunters back before skill inheritance. I don't have a spare to toss onto Xander. I wonder if I should just eat this one that I've been using for leveling...

You will get more Gunters.

This is going to be a rough arena season. My 4-star Xander is the best bet. I really dont want to 5-star Alphonse but it's something Im considering bc of constant arena bonus...might oay off in the end (same with Anna).

Yeah, I guess I'll just bite the bullet, and build a fredrick to replace him (probably eating one of these extra Jagen's). I do need to figure out a A slot too, not fury since I still have yet to pull a Hinata.

steam_sig.png
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    edited May 2017
    Woohoo, first try flawless arena run. 4752 points at tier 15.

Roy/Azura/Titania gets to shrug off so much crap on the back of triangle boosts. Olwen continues to be amazing at deleting things too.

Edit: And Tharja is currently a billion points behind Robin. This is unexpected.

Polaritie on
    Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • BlehBlehAmigaBlehBlehAmiga Registered User regular
    Don't have any of the bonus units at 40 yet, let alone 5* and 40. My Xander is 30ish but 4*, Roy 4* and unleveled, starter units all 2*. Not going to level either of those fliers.

I was trying Ike/Hector/Azura and my ~25ish Genny. It was going pretty well until I hit a flier emblem team with 2 brave users and a xander and just got out maneuvered. Used a crest and had a few more ok rounds until I got trapped where there really wasn't a way out of not losing one of the units since Genny can't take a hit. I think I can get by eventually though.

Haven't been playing that long and only have like 30k feathers but wonder if I shouldn't just promote the 3 starters first just so I always have a decent bonus. Feels like it will take forever before I could promote a unit that I want to though.

ffbe ign: Kas
    Sharena is 100% worth going to 5* on. She's very strong, constantly coming up for arena is just a bonus.

• DuriniaDurinia Evolved from Space Potatoes Registered User regular
    I literally don't have anything above a 3* for any of those heroes.

Welp.

For business reasons, I must preserve the outward sign of sanity.
    --Mark Twain
  • SmoogySmoogy Registered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Woohoo, first try flawless arena run. 4752 points at tier 15.

Roy/Azura/Titania gets to shrug off so much crap on the back of triangle boosts. Olwen continues to be amazing at deleting things too.

Edit: And Tharja is currently a billion points behind Robin. This is unexpected.

Don't worry...she will balloon up. When she had 3x bonus she rocketed ahead by so many. There will be some ping ponging early, then Tharja will reign supreme.

I'm just sad I missed a bunch of these 3x bonuses on Team Robin. My round and cumulative rank have suffered greatly :(

Smoogy-1689
    3DS Friend Code: 1821-8991-4141
    PAD ID: 376,540,262

• BlehBlehAmigaBlehBlehAmiga Registered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Sharena is 100% worth going to 5* on. She's very strong, constantly coming up for arena is just a bonus.

Yeah I just have a couple good blues already and would really slow down doing something like a horse emblem with Xander/Rein who are both 4*, or Nino, or Fliers who would need some promotes plus brave weapon promotes, etc. Then again probably none of them would actually help me out vs just be fun toys :P

ffbe ign: Kas
  • TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    Hmm, I thought my score of 4788, which left me at rank 3052 when I got it, was supposed to push me into tier 17 but I guess I got bumped out at the last minute.

Let's see if my 4740 will keep me in the top 9,475 of tier 16.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    Talith wrote: »
    Hmm, I thought my score of 4788, which left me at rank 3052 when I got it, was supposed to push me into tier 17 but I guess I got bumped out at the last minute.

Let's see if my 4740 will keep me in the top 9,475 of tier 16.

It should, I'm barely ahead of you at 4746 on my deathless, I don't see why it shouldn't hold, especially since there's no armored bonus hero this time around.

Unless there really is that many superwhales.

• Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    "Oh hey, I'm at 18 orbs. Let me knock out two of the chapter 11 hard missions and pull the Tharja banner"
    <pull banner, get 0 red orbs>

I hate you game. I just quit after the first pull, screw that. I can get 5 more back easy.

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Playing this at work with terrible reception just cost me a nice arena streak hooray

2x39jD4.jpg
  • McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    I've never been so glad for the Auto-Battle system as I have been during this Voting Gauntlet.

steam_sig.png
  • DuriniaDurinia Evolved from Space Potatoes Registered User regular
    worth it or not: Promote an Odin to 5* to put a Blade Tome on Linde (and get Moonbow at the same time). To pair with Nino

I'm also putting some AOE Rally skills on Lucina and Azura as buffers.

For business reasons, I must preserve the outward sign of sanity.
    --Mark Twain
    Tried a pull on new banner, nothing special. Odin and Florina for inherits I guess...

• ShenShen Registered User regular
    Durinia wrote: »
    worth it or not: Promote an Odin to 5* to put a Blade Tome on Linde (and get Moonbow at the same time). To pair with Nino

I'm also putting some AOE Rally skills on Lucina and Azura as buffers.

If you've got feathers, sure.

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    I'm sitting on like 60K feathers and I'm so terrified to use them on anything. Am I the only one?

• ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    urahonky wrote: »
    I'm sitting on like 60K feathers and I'm so terrified to use them on anything. Am I the only one?

This is me, too.

I have 45k feathers and am unable to spend them because of course I will make a poor choice and regret it, right?

• AcheronAcheron Registered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »

This is me, too.

I have 45k feathers and am unable to spend them because of course I will make a poor choice and regret it, right?

Eh, as long as you like the character. Might as well do it. Once upon a time I spent 20k to 5 star my +atk Roy. Didn't really need him, just liked the character. I've since got Ryoma and Ike, but look who is suddenly relevant this week?

• AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    I've decided that feathers are plentiful enough that I'm not going to worry much about spending them. If I need to spend 6k to promote characters just to pass skills to another character, I'm just gonna do that without hesitation. If I'm above 20k and there's a character I want to promote, I'm gonna go ahead and do that too. Maybe with a little bit of hesitation, though.

• Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    Blah, game, Faye is not a mage! I keep getting these non-focus 5 stars from my pulls :(

I think Tharja is hopeless at this point. *sigh*

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
    ObiFett wrote: »

This is me, too.

Once i hit ~35k I start thinking about upgrading. 15k leaves enough for several 4*s should the need come up and an emergency 5* is only ~1 week away.

That being said I'm going the route of upgrading Alphonse and Anna (Already have Sharena). Mostly because of the Arena bonuses, since at least one of them is always on it and I have shit luck on decent pulls.

steam_sig.png
    I wan to, but then I need to sink additional resources beyond just 5*ing them to make them truly viable. I'm rolling the dice for now with 4* Xander and hoping I have one character each arena season I can throw into the bonus slot. However, Alphonse/Anna might have to be in my future as well.

Smoogy-1689

Shiny new Tier 17, time for a run!

This week I'm rolling with Hector, Julia, Azura, and Roy. Never tried 2 greens before, and I was a bit nervous, but the meta seems to have shifted such that it's a good move.

Julia killed many Nowis and Reinhardts. One time that blasted Olwen survived a Julia counter with 1 HP, then wings of Mercy azura swooped in and it was over. Pays to do some math before you bait...

On another attempt for a deathless run, I faced a fully tricked out and merged Horse Emblem. Their Elise even had the new damage B skill. Didn't let her beat Hector 1v1, sadly for her. But I was still faced with a unit death thanks to a ridiculously buffed blade tome Leo that swooped in after I'd already killed Reinhardt and Gunter.

I decided to just finish that run and got 4730. If I can promote to Tier 18, that means FOUR orbs reward! Haha. I'll keep going after that deathless run with daily swords and hope for the best.

I wan to, but then I need to sink additional resources beyond just 5*ing them to make them truly viable. I'm rolling the dice for now with 4* Xander and hoping I have one character each arena season I can throw into the bonus slot. However, Alphonse/Anna might have to be in my future as well.

I see where you're coming from with this, obviously it also depends on your team too. Although i feel if your aren't a whale then it's not much of a concern really.

I just use them for the bonus and the extremely rare enemy they've got advantage on that my mages can't reach/kill. So i pretty much just keep them stock.

95% of my kills are Rein/Nino. Typically the other 2 are just there to take hits or weaken someone a little. I typically get 1-3 deaths per run of 7 matches on Arena, but almost all of those are due to poor planning on my part. Usually keeps me above 4500 which has been enough to advance me 1 tier per season.

steam_sig.png
    having wrys be a bonus unit for this season is great cause it means I don't have to change my team at all

so are they going to continue with the feather rewards and tier rewards indefinitely or will it eventually switch over to being tier rewards only?

Also its safe to assume that kind of s tier 5% hero fest banner is gonna be a regular thing each month right?

2x39jD4.jpg
    edited May 2017
    Acheron wrote: »
    Shiny new Tier 17, time for a run!

This week I'm rolling with Hector, Julia, Azura, and Roy. Never tried 2 greens before, and I was a bit nervous, but the meta seems to have shifted such that it's a good move.

Julia killed many Nowis and Reinhardts. One time that blasted Olwen survived a Julia counter with 1 HP, then wings of Mercy azura swooped in and it was over. Pays to do some math before you bait...

On another attempt for a deathless run, I faced a fully tricked out and merged Horse Emblem. Their Elise even had the new damage B skill. Didn't let her beat Hector 1v1, sadly for her. But I was still faced with a unit death thanks to a ridiculously buffed blade tome Leo that swooped in after I'd already killed Reinhardt and Gunter.

I decided to just finish that run and got 4730. If I can promote to Tier 18, that means FOUR orbs reward! Haha. I'll keep going after that deathless run with daily swords and hope for the best.

That was my team last season, with Zephiel in place of Roy. Got 4806...I think Julia is meta-defining right now. She is a hard counter to Reinhardt, who is ultimately my most-feared adversary in the arena.

This week, I'm gimped. I'm running Azura, Nino, Eirika, and 4* Xander. Hoping Nino can do her best to carry me to victory, with Azura and swordbreaker Eirika there to kill reds. But I won't be climbing beyond tier 17 this season, for sure.

Smoogy on
    Smoogy-1689

• ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    Tier 16, 4790 deathless run. I think this is about my max with having no 5*+ units? Lucina, Xander, Hector and Ninian all 5*.

I could probably do a little better replacing Ninian, but I've found that a dancer significantly increases my ability to compete.

A blue dancer/singer is so important. When I got Azura instead of Olivia, I was able to have a lot more flexibility.

It would be cool to add a green dancer, but I don't think there's ever been one in FE history.

Smoogy-1689

• GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    edited May 2017
    Are these characters any good?
    C38375AC-4263-4BCC-9425-E517269871A5.png

3669ABD8-36D9-42EA-ABFC-4858032A7949.png

GoodKingJayIII on
    Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
    edited May 2017
    Roy is good to pass Triangle Adept to Nowi or someone who is actually useful. Merric is good if you wanted a defensive/tanky green mage. So...not...not really :)

But yeah, Roy is a great pull simply because TA is a great skill to pass. And I mean, 5* Merric has to be decent, I suppose. He is just easily outdone by Nino and Julia as far as green mages go.

Smoogy on
    Smoogy-1689

4* Roy: A++ inherit material since he passes Triangle Adept 3. One of the best A slot skills available, and basically makes you autowin with advantage (and autolose if they have it on you, BUT...).
    5* Roy: You wish he was just slightly better because he's got good abilities to tank hits.

• homogenizedhomogenized Registered User regular
    A blue dancer/singer is so important. When I got Azura instead of Olivia, I was able to have a lot more flexibility.

It would be cool to add a green dancer, but I don't think there's ever been one in FE history.
    They could make Nils a green singer, dragon colours are mostly arbitrary. I don't like Nils though.

Are these characters any good?
    C38375AC-4263-4BCC-9425-E517269871A5.png

3669ABD8-36D9-42EA-ABFC-4858032A7949.png

I wouldn't be quick to write off 5 star Merric. He has a legendary weapon and great durability. Yours is -def +res, so he will have balanced defenses and a lot of HP. His speed at neutral is 32, which means middle of the pack. He can slam fliers for huge damage, and he does good work against blues too. If you put green or blue tomebreaker on him, he can do well against other mages.

Also, depends on what other units you have. If a situation calls for a green mage, and he's who you have, hell do fine! If you have a Julia or Nino 5 star already, it may be harder for him to get off the bench.

All characters are good always :) Though I can say I've been wrecked by Merric once or twice. Not sure if he was some sort of super build or not, but it caught me off guard.

steam_sig.png
    edited May 2017
    Sure he can be good...im just saying all things being equal, Nino and Julia are superior green mages. If you have neither of them, Merric will be useful to you.

If flier emblem becomes more popular tho, death to pegasus riders!!!

Smoogy on
    Smoogy-1689

• SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular

I spent hundreds of orbs chasing ninian, and like 80 chasing azura. :(

steam_sig.png
    edited May 2017
    I wish I had chased azura, cause she pairs perfectly with shareena on team buff nino

Edit but I did get a ninian and shes cooler so its fine

Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
  • ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Ninian is a liability right now since everyone brings something to kill Nowi.

• AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular

They could make Nils a green singer, dragon colours are mostly arbitrary. I don't like Nils though.

God only knows what Reyson is going to be.

Besides overpowered, I mean.

• LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    i spent like 200 orbs chasing ninian, no luck.
    then i got azura by accident off that 5% banner.