As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

2017 Soon™ Thread

RiDERiDE the WORST!Hotel CaliforniaRegistered User regular
Since I've already seen several familiar faces hovering around I thought we could start our yearly waiting thread. I'm a local but also hoping to score a hotel this year as my spouse and I have never been able to stay for the parties (we are old and tired and worried about driving home if we stay out too late... also get off my lawn).

"Try, try again. Then quit. There's no use being a damned fool about it."

• Options
    sediroxsedirox Registered User regular
    I'm doing a hotel too this year because I'm bringing tons of props for cosplay and doing the "change cosplays in the afternoon" for Saturday

• Options
    skitch78skitch78 Registered User regular
    Thanks for opening this thread. I've double checked my credit card to make sure PAX monies are available, and I have IE, Chrome, and Firefox open and ready to go...

• Options
    skitch78skitch78 Registered User regular
    Also, are Enforcer applications open after ticket sales? I was considering doing it for this year, but the site says, "ENFORCER APPLICATIONS FOR PAX WEST 2016 ARE NOW CLOSED." so when can I expect 2017 applications to be open?

• Options
    krae_mankrae_man Registered User regular
    I already have flights and hotels booked. God how I love living on the edge!

• Options
    RiDERiDE the WORST! Hotel CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    sedirox wrote: »
    I'm doing a hotel too this year because I'm bringing tons of props for cosplay and doing the "change cosplays in the afternoon" for Saturday

That's another reason we're doing a hotel; trying to change in your car out of a costume into normal civilian wear is weird and awkward for everyone involved (you, the random passerby, patrolling security, the pigeons stuck in the garage)

• Options
    KopeAceticKopeAcetic Registered User regular
    This is my first year planning to go to PAX! I have my time off confirmed and I already purchased my flight tickets. I'm just waiting for the PAX tickets to go on sale and to hopefully get a hotel through the site :D.

• Options
    LoonyEclipseLoonyEclipse WWHRD? Montreal, QCRegistered User regular
    Time off confirmed, but not booking a flight until I have tickets purchased- flights are too damn expensive for Montreal/Seattle to do otherwise.

My pin lanyard
    PSN: L00nyEclip
    Steam: Loony Eclipse
    Twitter: @Loonyeclipse

8hQBw4O.png
  • Options
    anettie76anettie76 OregonRegistered User regular
    edited May 2017
    This will be my 3rd PAX. I am waitlisted for my Worldmark Timeshare (I got it just fine this way last year.) I'm only an 8 hr drive away so no need for plane tickets. I'm just waiting for the tickets to go on sale. Such antici__________pation.

anettie76 on
    5fac6ex5bpmi.jpg

• Options
    LoonyEclipseLoonyEclipse WWHRD? Montreal, QCRegistered User regular
    Also: I want to murder Adobe right now: I just got an email from them with the tagline 'MAX 2017- registration is now open!'...for their MAX creative conference.

My heart skipped a beat.

My pin lanyard
    PSN: L00nyEclip
    Steam: Loony Eclipse
    Twitter: @Loonyeclipse

8hQBw4O.png
  • Options
    SolelronSolelron Wandering Gamer Cornelius, ORRegistered User regular
    anettie76 wrote: »
    This will be my 3rd PAX. I am waitlisted for my Worldmark Timeshare (I got it just fine this way last year.) I'm only an 8 hr drive away so no need for plane tickets. I'm just waiting for the tickets to go on sale. Such antici__________pation.

I booked the Camlin last year as soon as I was available. I don't take the waitlist risk :) easier to cancel if I don't get tickets for some reason

• Options
    larry365larry365 Registered User regular
    I am camping from 9:15am PST until 1:15pm PST. Anyone think that is the right window?

• Options
    YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    The last 4 times (going back in time) were 1 PM, 12 PM, 10:15 AM, and 10:30 AM. It's never been before 10 AM, or after 1PM. Like everything, it's a pattern until it isn't.

• Options
    larry365 wrote: »
    I am camping from 9:15am PST until 1:15pm PST. Anyone think that is the right window?

The last 2 years they have gone on sale between 12 and 1pm. I was in a meeting in 2015 and it was about 12:30 they went on sale. Last year, (I was looking at my receipt) I was checked out by 1:13pm. So 12-1pm seems to be the window (for the last 2 years anyway).

5fac6ex5bpmi.jpg

• Options
    PookyAlertPookyAlert Registered User regular
    Hell of a time to be wrong about, well, the time, but probably a lot of people are depending on that, too. :smile:

• Options
    edited May 2017
    Watch! They will change it up this year, so I am just ready for any time. I was checked out at 12:41pm in 2015 and 1:13pm in 2016. But they like to keep the scalpers at bay, so they could do whatever they want. :D

anettie76 on
    5fac6ex5bpmi.jpg

• Options
    The tickets won't go on sale at all this year. They will just empty a dump truck full of passes onto Pike Street Aug 31st and film the carnage that ensues.

• Options
    You know you have a problem when you spouse says "let's go on a vacation before Memorial Day!" and you whisper to yourself but what if PAX passes go on sale and I'm not near a computer

• Options
    DruidsFlameDruidsFlame Registered User regular
    We got a new boss this year that didn't understand why 3 of our techs each had a monitor devoted to a split-screen of: forums, registration page, and Pax Twitter feed.

We educated her on what is really important! :lol:

sEf3HzW.png
    PAX PRIME 2018 Status: Badges [√] Room [√] Waiting [ :x ]
    PoGo Trainer Code:4505 8413 2232
  • Options
    SkeleVaderSkeleVader Your Friendly Dark Lord of Destruction Registered User regular
    I will be on a road trip all next week. Really wish they would send out a "don't worry until after Memorial day" tweet. That would be nice.

IhtGIyi.png
  • Options
    SinoSambaSinoSamba CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    My Twitter alerts are set for Pax only. No distractions or false alarms :) Good luck to everyone on getting tickets!

3DS FC: 3239-2323-6239
  • Options
    SinoSamba wrote: »
    My Twitter alerts are set for Pax only. No distractions or false alarms :) Good luck to everyone on getting tickets!

For some reason I was under the impression it was the hotels that sold out quickly not the tickets, do both sell out within hours?

• Options
    SkeleVaderSkeleVader Your Friendly Dark Lord of Destruction Registered User regular
    KopeAcetic wrote: »

For some reason I was under the impression it was the hotels that sold out quickly not the tickets, do both sell out within hours?

Here is the spread sheet for sellout times (Remember there is a queue system so you need to get "in line" a lot faster than that). Yes, tickets sell out quickly.

IhtGIyi.png
  • Options

Don't blink or you'll miss them all

seriously don't

• Options
    edited May 2017
    SkeleVader wrote: »

Here is the spread sheet for sellout times (Remember there is a queue system so you need to get "in line" a lot faster than that). Yes, tickets sell out quickly.

Like you said, the queue makes for misleading sellout times. For West, you did not have anything close to an hour to get in the queue. It was probably more like 5-10 minutes if you wanted Saturdays.

YoungFrey on
  • Options
    DarkNutKDDarkNutKD Registered User regular
    Hoping my group can get the Westin again this year. It was a lot more enjoyable having a hotel instead of traveling from a friend's place in Kirkland, and we have enough people to make it decently affordable.

• Options
    YoungFrey wrote: »

Like you said, the queue makes for misleading sellout times. For West, you did not have anything close to an hour to get in the queue. It was probably more like 5-10 minutes if you wanted Saturdays.

Ho-ly crud! So if you're like out on lunch or on a jog there's no way you're going to get all of the days? Damn! Well...You can do what you can do right? :D

• Options
    YoungFrey wrote: »

Ho-ly crud! So if you're like out on lunch or on a jog there's no way you're going to get all of the days? Damn! Well...You can do what you can do right? :D

Pretty much, if any day other than Monday matters to you, you need to be locked and loaded during the likely times. If you plan on buying via mobile, have a way to charge it while you are in queue a long time.

• Options
    IncreaseBlueIncreaseBlue Registered User regular
    edited May 2017
    Return of the anticipatory thread!
    misaki_hurray_by_emfypemfy.jpg

This year I have a new job so I might have to unfortunately stick to mobile for queue up (but honestly I might just break and use my work computer). I've done mobile for resale queue before but not for regular.

By my very scientific calculations (and Skelevader's spreadsheet) I'm wagering that tickets won't go on sale until after Memorial Day. Anyone else have a guess to throw in?

IncreaseBlue on
  • Options
    captian54captian54 Vidographer Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Good Evening fellow Pax Hopefuls! Just dropping by to say hi and to hope you all get the badges you want! Planning on taking my neighbors daughter to her fist convention with Pax this year.

R3z3wlJ.png
    ZOHC4v.png
  • Options
    I3izzyI3izzy Nonofficial member of the F5 brigade FG, ORRegistered User regular
    edited May 2017
    Glad to see everyone.! I with best of luck to everyone when the sale goes live.

I3izzy on
    ZYseqtZ.png
  • Options
    AltDeleteAltDelete Registered User regular
    Good luck, everyone. I look forward to madly refreshing the page and checking twitter with you until mid-July probably.

• Options
    Croatian SensationCroatian Sensation Registered User regular
    I just want this to be done so I can go back to a somewhat normal life lol

• Options
    As long as it's not Monday since it's a public holiday in Canada. Way easier to camp while at work.

• Options
    sediroxsedirox Registered User regular
    Return of the anticipatory thread!
    misaki_hurray_by_emfypemfy.jpg

This year I have a new job so I might have to unfortunately stick to mobile for queue up (but honestly I might just break and use my work computer). I've done mobile for resale queue before but not for regular.

By my very scientific calculations (and Skelevader's spreadsheet) I'm wagering that tickets won't go on sale until after Memorial Day. Anyone else have a guess to throw in?

I realllly want it to be before Memorial Day so that I'm not waiting too long. But it'll probably be early June again this year *sigh*

• Options
    Spokane_SnowManSpokane_SnowMan Registered User regular
    krae_man wrote: »
    As long as it's not Monday since it's a public holiday in Canada. Way easier to camp while at work.
    Based on memory... I don't think they have ever gone on sale on a Monday or Friday in the past.

• Options
    While I would love the badges to drop sometime this week or early next, it will likely be after Memorial Day. That way we can all be nice and deranged from some personal cocktail of the following:

1. refusing to leave your computer between the hours of 10-2
    2. maniacally checking your phone every time it vibrates or dings
    3. maniacally checking your phone if it's been quiet for too long, just in case
    4. hitting the F5 key so many times it breaks off and rolls away under the desk, never to be seen again (but you can hear whimpering)
    5. having recurring nightmares about missing the "on sale!" tweet
    6. rearranging your furniture so if you do happen to step away from your computer, there's a direct line of sight (I may or may not be personally guilty of this)
    7. complete and utter paranoia that everyone else is plotting to steal your badge(r)s

...I'm kidding!

...but not really

• Options
    AltDeleteAltDelete Registered User regular
    Ah dip. I just realized Phoenix Comicon is Memorial Day weekend. The Expo Hall has no reception. I'm there for 4 days. Oooooooooooh

• Options
    Spokane_SnowManSpokane_SnowMan Registered User regular
    RiDE wrote: »
    4. hitting the F5 key so many times it breaks off and rolls away under the desk, never to be seen again (but you can hear whimpering)

Chrome auto refresh extension. #SaveTheF5Keys

• Options
    AltDelete wrote: »
    Ah dip. I just realized Phoenix Comicon is Memorial Day weekend. The Expo Hall has no reception. I'm there for 4 days. Oooooooooooh

Except for Thursday, I think the risk of badges going on sale during the con are essentially nil. And the expo hall isn't open till 4PM Thursday.

• Options
    captian54captian54 Vidographer Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I just keep chanting "Not until payday. Not until payday. Not until payday." lol :)

R3z3wlJ.png
    ZOHC4v.png
This discussion has been closed.