As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Fire Emblem Heroes] Tempest Trials and FE: Warriors Special Maps

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    I've spent 2 stamina bars trying to get a team working for hot ursula on ursula action. I think I'm just going to let that last orb go and kill her in 9-3, with however many lights blessings that takes

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    FrosteeyFrosteey Elaise 1521-2945-8940Registered User regular
    Ardor wrote: »
    Tier 16, 4790 deathless run. I think this is about my max with having no 5*+ units? Lucina, Xander, Hector and Ninian all 5*.

I could probably do a little better replacing Ninian, but I've found that a dancer significantly increases my ability to compete.

Mine is like 4750 if I want to use Olivia and Kagero. Since the only difference between tier 15 and 17 is 200 feathers I'm not going to bother worrying about it, and just take the mindless runs.

I did go ahead and make a +ATK Fury 3 Vantage 3 Kagero monstrosity though. If only Threaten DEF weren't so rare. Can't justify using Michalis when he's got Iote's Shield.

• Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    Frosteey wrote: »
    Tier 16, 4790 deathless run. I think this is about my max with having no 5*+ units? Lucina, Xander, Hector and Ninian all 5*.

I could probably do a little better replacing Ninian, but I've found that a dancer significantly increases my ability to compete.

Mine is like 4750 if I want to use Olivia and Kagero. Since the only difference between tier 15 and 17 is 200 feathers I'm not going to bother worrying about it, and just take the mindless runs.

I did go ahead and make a +ATK Fury 3 Vantage 3 Kagero monstrosity though. If only Threaten DEF weren't so rare. Can't justify using Michalis when he's got Iote's Shield.

As someone with a near-identical Kagero, I'd suggest using a Hone instead of a Threaten. She's going to avoid melee range like the plague, so outside of the initial bait there are few enemies you can reliably Threaten but not get hit by. Hone skills are almost always going to go off for you at least once or twice a match, especially if you put Draw Back on her.

• Options
    SmoogySmoogy Registered User regular
    I'd say Azura is the most indispensable character in the game right now.

My Azura, Eirika, Nino, 4* Xander team ended up with like 4730 for a deathless run. Not bad...Xander stats made it easier cuz matched against mediocre opponents, but i had a low top score ceiling. I will call it a season!

Time to burn a lot of feathers tomorrow for team robin. Good luck rising in the cumulative ranks!

Smoogy-1689
    3DS Friend Code: 1821-8991-4141
    PAD ID: 376,540,262

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Smoogy wrote: »

My Azura, Eirika, Nino, 4* Xander team ended up with like 4730 for a deathless run. Not bad...Xander stats made it easier cuz matched against mediocre opponents, but i had a low top score ceiling. I will call it a season!

Time to burn a lot of feathers tomorrow for team robin. Good luck rising in the cumulative ranks!

Azura can be replaced with another powerhouse blue unit though and you get by fine. She's definitely among the most useful units to have in putting a team together though, and you'd need a reason not to default to running her probably (such as doing an X emblem team, a map has too many green units, you have two other blues, etc)

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    ShenShen Registered User regular
    Really, any strong RGB core is fine, and leaves you free to rotate in bonus units.

I wish it were easier to experiment, my team has been basically the same for months.

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »

Azura can be replaced with another powerhouse blue unit though and you get by fine. She's definitely among the most useful units to have in putting a team together though, and you'd need a reason not to default to running her probably (such as doing an X emblem team, a map has too many green units, you have two other blues, etc)

See the thing is, the BST and dancing is enough to make her top tier. The wiping the floor of sword users (reds in general?) is just gravy on top of it.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    chrono_travellerchrono_traveller Registered User regular
    New quests up with some new seals. Also 5 orbs if you kill a lvl 35+ unit with Draug.

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • Options
    mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    edited May 2017
    Can you stack effects from weapons? Like if I run 3 eirikas and Nino would Nino get all the buffs

Edit
    Based on the wording it seems like hone skill so likely not.

Alas my 3 eirikas Nino team won't work

mts on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    mts wrote: »
    Can you stack effects from weapons? Like if I run 3 eirikas and Nino would Nino get all the buffs

Edit

Basically, any of the buffs that actually show up on the character's stats at the top of the screen, and thus the buffs that Nino's tome cares about, do not stack. It doesn't matter what they come from, so Eirika's weapon and Hone Attack and Rally Attack do not stack. But passive buffs that do not show up on the stats screen, like Spur Attack, do stack.

• Options
    BlehBlehAmigaBlehBlehAmiga Registered User regular
    Hope they bring back the stat seals since I missed those.

ffbe ign: Kas
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    mts wrote: »

Edit

Would be a bad team anyway. Would at least want a dancer so Nino could attack twice. Thats why Eirika, Nino, dancer, bonus unit is already a good team.

Smoogy on
    Smoogy-1689

• Options
    Hope they bring back the stat seals since I missed those.

I'm sure there will be many chances to get seals that were missed. Its gotta be there reason they implemented the "can't have more than one" rule for seals, so that they don't have someone​ hoarding all of one type.

Also, in case you haven't logged in yet, they do have new seals quests up today.

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    Bah, for the life of me I still can't beat the Defense 5 map with a colorless hero :(

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    Frosteey wrote: »

Good point!

I am jealous of that kagero. I haven't gotten her yet.

• Options
    I wish my +Atk Kagero was 5-star, but I pulled a 5* one with +res/-hp or something neutral like that so I use her. Life and Death 2, Desperation 3, Threaten Defense 3...went with Luna for the special and ardent sacrifice. She does really well.

Smoogy-1689

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    I have a +ATK Kagero that is 5* now but I can't for the life of me figure out her use. She seems to do pretty poor damage overall and if anyone runs up on her she's done for. Is she basically a mage buster?

• Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    urahonky wrote: »
    I have a +ATK Kagero that is 5* now but I can't for the life of me figure out her use. She seems to do pretty poor damage overall and if anyone runs up on her she's done for. Is she basically a mage buster?

Yeah pretty much. Pair her with a dancer to avoid being in attack range. She is fragile but very powerful

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    She is an infantry-buster, not just mages. Poor damage? Her lowest hit to most infantry is in the 40s somewhere! She's a 2-range infantry glass cannon.

I wish I hadn't given her my only Threaten Defense. I feel like I don't get much use out of it cuz she'll die in melee range most often, hehe.

Smoogy-1689

• Options
    Right but in order to make her useful you have to have a dancer near her which means you HAVE to have her and a dancer. I guess the meta of the game suggests always bringing a dancer.

• Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    My dancers kill ALL reds so it's not like bringing a dancer is in anyway compromising.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Right but in order to make her useful you have to have a dancer near her which means you HAVE to have her and a dancer. I guess the meta of the game suggests always bringing a dancer.

I don't see why you have to have a dancer with Kagero - there are times you can bait someone out or use positioning in order to have her attack someone and not immediately be in some other enemy's range. Depends on the map and stuff, sure. Dancers are pretty useful for most glass cannons though (e.g. Nino).

Edit: and as other said, Reposition is the bestest!

Smoogy on
    Smoogy-1689

• Options
    Talith wrote: »
    My dancers kill ALL reds so it's not like bringing a dancer is in anyway compromising.

I'm sure you have an Azura or whatever. My Olivia can't kill shit so she's basically on dance duty (which should give her EXP just as healing does).

• Options
    Anyone with Reposition can also fill the role of "saving Kagero after she runs out to annihilate a thing". Having a dancer is definitely recommended, but good use of other movement assists can usually get the job done.

• Options
    DuriniaDurinia Evolved from Space Potatoes Registered User regular
    Anyone with Reposition can also fill the role of "saving Kagero after she runs out to annihilate a thing". Having a dancer is definitely recommended, but good use of other movement assists can usually get the job done.

Reposition or Draw Back can accomplish much of the same for Kagero

For business reasons, I must preserve the outward sign of sanity.
    --Mark Twain
  • Options
    mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    excited for second draug so I can steal his ward armor

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    Talith wrote: »

I'm sure you have an Azura or whatever. My Olivia can't kill shit so she's basically on dance duty (which should give her EXP just as healing does).

What skills did you give her?

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    With my recent obsession with Blade Tomes, I decided to throw 5 orbs at the female mages on a whim to see what happens.
    Hv6K7jY.png
    (Neutral IV!)

I know "Mage Emblem" isn't really a thing...but I'm running with it anyways.

Durinia on
    --Mark Twain
  • Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    Durinia wrote: »
    With my recent obsession with Blade Tomes, I decided to throw 5 orbs at the female mages on a whim to see what happens.
    Hv6K7jY.png
    (Neutral IV!)

Mage Emblem's official title is "Nino and Tharja kill the World"

• Options
    Hv6K7jY.png
    (Neutral IV!)

Mage Emblem's official title is "Nino and Tharja kill the World"

I also have a lvl 40 +atk Linde. Those 3 plus Azura... Nuke Emblem?

Maybe not tanky enough to get an initial bait.

--Mark Twain
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Nino and Tharja (and Linde with an Odin-passed blue blade tome) also need dedicated buffers to really shine. With the above team, would be spread too thin and the damage potential would actually be less than a blade tome user + buffer (e.g. Eirika).

Smoogy on
    Smoogy-1689

• Options
    McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    God damn Felicia put some milk in that tea or something. You'll get a raise when you stop getting one shotted by everyone who coughs in your general direction.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Nino and Tharja (and Linde with an Odin-passed blue blade tome) also need dedicated buffers to really shine. With the above team, would be spread too thin and the damage potential would actually be less than a blade tome user + buffer (e.g. Eirika).

Yeah, I'm thinking of inheriting some of the buff skills onto each other to help make that work, but it makes my "inheritance to-do list" about 2 pages long.

(I don't have Eirika :( )

Durinia on
    --Mark Twain
  • Options
    AcheronAcheron Registered User regular
    Glass cannons are so much easier to do the quests with. I had a proper cheer squad for 3 star Hanna (healer, dancer, buffer/killer) and managed to kill the 5 level 35+s while she was still level 30.

It's cool that some of the seals are mini-skills. Not just all stats.

I am pretty tired of blade tomes already though. I'm not sure if the nature of Gacha games even allows for nerfs, but those damned things are too strong and are always the focus whenever any new buff possibility comes around.

• Options
    Acheron wrote: »
    Glass cannons are so much easier to do the quests with. I had a proper cheer squad for 3 star Hanna (healer, dancer, buffer/killer) and managed to kill the 5 level 35+s while she was still level 30.

It's cool that some of the seals are mini-skills. Not just all stats.

I am pretty tired of blade tomes already though. I'm not sure if the nature of Gacha games even allows for nerfs, but those damned things are too strong and are always the focus whenever any new buff possibility comes around.

I've heard that nerfing stuff in gacha games that people could have spent money chasing is actually against the law.

They could buff other things as to effectively nerf it, though. Or introduce better ways to mitigate opposing buffs. There are ways.

• Options
    So, I got to 20 orbs from doing some of the new quests, so I decided to do a pull on the echoes banner, because I'm terrible at saving orbs. 4(?!) red orbs and 1 green. Lets see how this goes:
    3* Hinata - Ok, can always use another Fury somewhere
    3* Palla - Ok, can always use another Moonbow
    3* Raigh - Eh, Rally attack might be useful on someone?, but really come on now, while getting units for IS is nice, its not exactly lighting my world on fire...
    5* Celica - Woooooooot!!! And she's my first good red mage that isn't -atk! (She's -def/+res, so not bad at all).
    and for the green...
    3* Cherche - Not bad, could go for pivot too.

So, pretty happy about that pull.

• Options
    Alright let's see if Robin can turn the tables with his final 3X period.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    BillmaanBillmaan Registered User regular
    via Reddit: the new "kill level 35+ enemies" quests are trivial if you hit up Chapter 8, Part 5 on Lunatic: there's a level 40 healer with no weapon. Kill everything else, then plink away at the healer with a low-level Barst or Hana. (You might want to bring attack buffs, though.)

• Options

Yeah, I'm thinking of inheriting some of the buff skills onto each other to help make that work, but it makes my "inheritance to-do list" about 2 pages long.

(I don't have Eirika :( )

Sharena is a decent buffer that you'll already have.

Smoogy-1689

• Options
    It probably takes a lot less stamina just leveling up both of them until they can take on 35+ enemies with buff/debuff support.

7244qyoka3pp.gif