As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Rocksmith] Rocksmith Plus more money

• Options
    chuck steakchuck steak Registered User regular
    edited May 2017
    I think I have a dongle that will let me try this out, I'll try to track it down tomorrow and give it a whirl.

Edit: Nevermind, it's not for iPhones, just iPads. Bummer.

chuck steak on
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    JOE_1967 wrote: »
    Ah -- Another cable, then, I'm guessing.

now available in your local Apple Store for only 150% more than it should cost but don't mind that it looks pretty

• Options
    JOE_1967JOE_1967 Registered User regular
    Well, crap. I guess I'll have to play Outshined sometime today.

• Options
    vamenvamen Registered User regular
    edited May 2017
    Well, crap. I guess I'll have to play Outshined sometime today.

Truth. Such a sad day. Chris was one of my favorites ever since I was 12 or so. Been listening to his music over half my life at this point.

EDIT - 2/3 of my life, actually. Ugh, I'm getting old.

vamen on
  • Options
    And I just came across this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IuUDRU9-HRk

• Options
    vamenvamen Registered User regular
    edited May 2017

If you have Sirius radio, they play this often on the Coffee House channel. Great cover.
    Watching him sing is amazing. It looks so effortless.

vamen on
  • Options
    an_altan_alt Registered User regular
    The DLC for May 23, 2017 is 80s Mix III

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Vpd9vFXtWU

“Take It On The Run” by REO Speedwagon – E Standard – Lead/Rhythm/Alt Rhythm/Bass
    “Rise Above” by Black Flag – E Standard – Lead/Rhythm/Bass/Alt Bass
    “I Want It All” by Queen – E Standard – Lead/Rhythm/Bass

Pony wrote:
    I think that the internet has been for years on the path to creating what is essentially an electronic Necronomicon: A collection of blasphemous unrealities so perverse that to even glimpse at its contents, if but for a moment, is to irrevocably forfeit a portion of your sanity.
    Xbox - PearlBlueS0ul, Steam
    If you ever need to talk to someone, feel free to message me. Yes, that includes you.
  • Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    Hmmmm.... will probably pick up that Queen song.

• Options
    I should probably stay off of eBay.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DAxpCM3VwAE4r_2.jpgenyzvketh6uw.png

• Options
    The DLC for May 30, 2017 is New Found Glory.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3yNhfC730I

“My Friends Over You” – E Standard – Lead/Rhythm/Bass
    “All Downhill From Here” – E Standard – Lead/Rhythm/Bass
    “Hit Or Miss” – E Standard –Lead/Alt Lead/Rhythm/Bass

Not one for me, but I'm sure others will enjoy it.

Pony wrote:
    I think that the internet has been for years on the path to creating what is essentially an electronic Necronomicon: A collection of blasphemous unrealities so perverse that to even glimpse at its contents, if but for a moment, is to irrevocably forfeit a portion of your sanity.
    If you ever need to talk to someone, feel free to message me. Yes, that includes you.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    The June 6, 2017 DLC is Surf Rock II.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6nJwzC5gNc

“Surfin’ U.S.A.” by The Beach Boys – E Standard – Lead/Alt Lead/Rhythm/Bass
    “Penetration” by The Pyramids – E Standard – Lead/Rhythm/Bass
    “Surf Rider” by The Lively Ones – E Standard – Lead/Rhythm/Bass
    “Pipeline” by The Chantays – E Standard – Lead/Rhythm/Bass

Looks like a fairly chill pack. I might have to keep an eye on this one in the next few sales.

an_alt on
    Pony wrote:
  • Options
    The DLC for June 13, 2017 is Live.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-l2hmqJ5c4A

"I Alone" - Eb Standard - Lead/Rhythm/Bass
    "Lighting Crashes" - Eb Standard - Lead/Rhythm/Bass
    "All Over You" - Eb Standard - Lead/Rhythm/Bass
    "Selling the Drama" - Eb Standard - Lead/Rhythm/Bass
    "The Dolphin's Cry" - Eb Standard - Lead/Rhythm/Bass

Looks like another fairly chill DLC pack this week. I don't mind Live, but I don't like them enough for Eb Standard.

Pony wrote:
  • Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    an_alt wrote: »
    Looks like another fairly chill DLC pack this week. I don't mind Live, but I don't like them enough for Eb Standard.

Ooh, yeah.... I was initially excited to get my nostalgia on, but retuning all of the strings? Ehhh..... Maybe if I get enough E♭ songs I'll switch tunings more often.

• Options

Ooh, yeah.... I was initially excited to get my nostalgia on, but retuning all of the strings? Ehhh..... Maybe if I get enough E♭ songs I'll switch tunings more often.

Obviously, you just need more guitars.

Pony wrote:
  • Options

Obviously, you just need more guitars.

This is true.

• Options
    BolthornBolthorn Registered User regular
    I mean, I've mentioned that I have quite a few guitars, but it's because of Rocksmith that some of them are in alternate tuning. Got my Eb to D that is pretty easy to switch back and forth, a number of guitars in E and one in C for those few songs that need that. I need to get a few more guitars for all the weird custom tunings.

• Options
    The DLC for June 20, 2017 is Variety Pack X.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teOj81WmXYo

“Bad Things” by Jace Everett – E Standard – Lead/Rhythm/Bass
    “Lick It Up" by Kiss – E Standard – Lead/Rhythm/Bass
    “Los Angeles" by X – E Standard – Lead/Rhythm/Bass
    “Mouth For War" by Pantera – E Standard – Lead/Rhythm/Bass

Pony wrote:
  • Options
    Raybies666Raybies666 Registered User regular
    Pantera? Buying right now!

Beat me on Wii U: Raybies
    Beat me on 360: Raybies666

I remember when I had time to be good at games.
  • Options
    The DLC for June 20, 2017 is Variety Pack X.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teOj81WmXYo

“Bad Things” by Jace Everett – E Standard – Lead/Rhythm/Bass
    “Lick It Up" by Kiss – E Standard – Lead/Rhythm/Bass
    “Los Angeles" by X – E Standard – Lead/Rhythm/Bass
    “Mouth For War" by Pantera – E Standard – Lead/Rhythm/Bass

Cool! Until I listened, I didn't realize "Bad Things" was the theme song from True Blood.

Now if they'd only get some real Chris Isaak in the mix ... (Which I know he didn't actually perform "Bad Things", but that's the vibe I get from it; I'd love "Wicked Game" or something like that.)

• Options
    LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    Between Black Flag a few weeks back and X this week, the list of U.S. punk bands I never expected to show up as official Rocksmith DLC keeps slowly decreasing.

• Options
    Ed GrubermanEd Gruberman Registered User regular
    A reminder that the Steam Summer Sale starts tomorrow at 10am Pacific for PC players. The sale usually includes a great price on the base game as well as a 40% discount on all but some of the newest DLC so it's a good opportunity to pick up some new song you might have had your eye on. And now that the sale has static prices, there's no reason to check every day or wait until the last day in the hopes of a better price.

Rocksmith 2014 Steam store page

steam_sig.png

SteamID: edgruberman GOG Galaxy: EdGruberman
  • Options
    Marty81Marty81 Registered User regular
    Excellent. I played this at a friend's house recently and it was a ton of fun, so I've been looking forward to getting my own copy when it goes on sale.

• Options
    My preferred platform is the PC just because I will always have a PC whereas I may not always have a specific console hooked up. I can see myself coming back to this game years from now so knowing that I will still have all my songs is very encouraging. The biggest challenge to playing on PC is finding a Real Tone cable though. So keep that in mind if you are going to pick it up. But the cable is the same across all platforms and versions of Rocksmith so if you can find any of them, then you are good to go.

In fact, this here might be your best bet: the game usually goes on sale on Steam for about CDN$15 (not sure the US$ price). So this might be the cheapest way to get the game and cable (at least it looks like it includes the cable).

steam_sig.png

• Options
    The DLC for June 27, 2017 is Alabama Shakes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmFuGh_643I

“Hold On” – E Standard – Lead/Rhythm/Bass
    “Gimme All Your Love” – E Standard – Lead/Rhythm/Bass
    “Always Alright” – E Standard – Lead/Rhythm/Bass
    “Don’t Wanna Fight” – Eb Standard – Lead/Rhythm/Bass

Don't mind bluesy rock, but I'll admit I've never heard of them.

Pony wrote:
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Also with the PC platform, you can much more easily do CDLC, the community of which has been very good about self policing and working with the development team in a respectful way (the main CDLC hub gets scrubbed when a song comes out as real DLC). Ubi knows CDLC exists and has basically turned a blind eye for the most part.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    So I bought a bunch of DLC before the sale ends. I added a bunch of songs that I liked to my cart, then went through watching them on Youtube and removing the ones that I didn't think would be that fun to play. I just played several and here are my rambling thoughts (pretty much all rhythm):

Skid Row - 18 and Life
    I love Skid Row, I love this song, and it's a lot of fun to play. Nothing too tricky except for a few flourishes here and there, but overall it's fairly low key. That intro and verse riff feels great once you get it down.

Skid Row - I Remember You
    A lot of strumming, but the rhythm is easy. It's got those great Skid Row distorted open chords that I love. The hammer-ons and pull-offs during the verses can be a little tricky, but the rest is pretty straight-forward.

Skid Row - Youth Gone Wild
    I had this one as CDLC and it's fairly similar. It's got a great sounding chorus that's played on 2 strings, so it's fun and good for feeling like a rock star. Might take a bit of practice to flow smoothly.

Iron Maiden - Fear of the Dark
    This was the first Iron Maiden song I actually liked before I got sucked into liking everything they did. It's a ton of fun to play and pretty easy as far as Maiden goes.

Tesla - Love Song
    The intro might give some trouble, but I already knew it from way back. It's not too hard once you figure out what it's doing. The rest of the song is pretty much a chord-fest and fairly simple, though the strumming can be a little tricky.

Warrant - Cherry Pie
    Warrant is another band I have long loved, but it's a shame this is probably the only song from them we'll get. I don't hate the song, but it's far from my favorite by them (they pretty much hated it, it was written in like an hour as a throwaway song to appease the label, who wanted an anthem-type song). Still, it's Warrant so I grabbed it. The song itself is simple, but fun. Mostly simplified chords, but the main verse riff is pretty cool. Just be careful that you don't swing too hard.

Thirty Seconds to Mars - The Kill
    Not a big fan of them in general, but I do like this one, and it's fun to play. Pretty simple overall: the verse is a power chord alternated with 2 open strings and the chorus is power chords. A good one to rock out to.

Slayer - Dead Skin Mask
    I'm not a huge Slayer fan, but I like quite a few of theirs and this is probably my favorite. It's pretty easy for Slayer since it's not that fast, but I love the main riff and the rest is fun. Just don't focus too hard on the lyrics unless you have a strong stomach.

I still have a few that I haven't played yet (the rest of the Skid Row pack and the Queensryche pack), but I'll get around to those soon.

• Options
    The DLC for July 5, 2017 is 70s Mix II.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N10ygaGb56k

“Time In A Bottle” by Jim Croce – Capo Required – Lead; E Standard - Rhythm/Bass
    “Cowboy Song” by Thin Lizzy – Eb Standard – Lead/Rhythm/Bass
    “Do You Feel Like We Do” by Peter Frampton – E Standard –Lead/Rhythm/Bass

Pony wrote:
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Well for time in a bottle yes the other two maybe

• Options
    FWIW, the Frampton song is the studio version, not the live version with the talkbox.

• Options
    Well then what's the point?

steam_sig.png

• Options
    More to the point, while I'm happy to see more Thin Lizzy, who do we have to [verb] to get Whiskey in the Jar?

• Options
    The DLC for July 7, 2017 is The Strokes II.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBr6ZkTAGwo

“Someday” – E Standard – Lead/Rhythm/Bass
    “You Only Live Once” – E Standard – Lead/Rhythm/Bass
    “Taken For A Fool” – E Standard –Lead/Rhythm; Drop D - Bass
    “12:51” – E Standard –Lead/Rhythm/Bass

Pony wrote:
  • Options
    Another one of those groups that I mostly only really know from Rocksmith, but I'll buy the DLC because their songs are generally fun to play.

• Options
    They already have my money

steam_sig.png

• Options
    edited July 2017
    They should just license the entirety of the first two Strokes albums, and then like a few songs from the other albums.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

• Options
    The DLC for July 18, 2017 is 90s Mix III.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-dABfUslng

“Life Is A Highway” by Tom Cochrane – E Standard – Lead/Rhythm/Bass
    “Little Miss Can’t Be Wrong” by Spin Doctors – E Standard – Lead/Rhythm/Bass
    “Alright” by Supergrass – E Standard – Lead/Rhythm/Bass

Pony wrote:
  • Options
    confession time: I actually find myself singing Little Miss Can't Be Wrong more often than I'd like to admit

And seeing Alright on that list reminded me that Supergrass was a band that existed and had this fun video:
    https://youtu.be/fgqIZBhRrRY

I bet those are all fun soungs to play.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    I hate life is a highway so pass

• Options
    Brainleech wrote: »
    I hate life is a highway so pass

Did you also suffer under the unrelenting yoke of CanCon?

Pony wrote:
  • Options
    Por que?
    tj98178vpgq1.png