As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Fire Emblem Heroes] Tempest Trials and FE: Warriors Special Maps

• DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    Acheron wrote: »
    Glass cannons are so much easier to do the quests with. I had a proper cheer squad for 3 star Hanna (healer, dancer, buffer/killer) and managed to kill the 5 level 35+s while she was still level 30.

It's cool that some of the seals are mini-skills. Not just all stats.

I am pretty tired of blade tomes already though. I'm not sure if the nature of Gacha games even allows for nerfs, but those damned things are too strong and are always the focus whenever any new buff possibility comes around.

I've heard that nerfing stuff in gacha games that people could have spent money chasing is actually against the law.

They could buff other things as to effectively nerf it, though. Or introduce better ways to mitigate opposing buffs. There are ways.

I imagine that once Veronica is released via GHB, blade tomes, horse emblem, armor emblem, and flier emblem teams will take a bit of a pounding, since her legendary tome gives her an AOE Panic.

• MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    Do bonus characters count for extra points in arena defense as well?

There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • AcheronAcheron Registered User regular
    MuddBudd wrote: »

They do now, yep. Kind of a nice change if you ask me. Now you see some variety in the defense teams instead of the same cookie cutter teams each week.

This might change later in a season once people have their max defense scores..

• AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular

They do now, yep. Kind of a nice change if you ask me. Now you see some variety in the defense teams instead of the same cookie cutter teams each week.

Oh snap, I didn't realize this. No wonder my scores have been so bad.

Oh snap, I didn't realize this. No wonder my scores have been so bad.

That is the exact reason I was curious.

• AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    I'm not happy about having boring old horse emblem as my defense team, but whatever. Gotta do what I gotta do for the feathers.
    At least I get to have Titania as a lead for awhile. She's pretty great.

• ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Geez, Felicia just wrecks mages.

• urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    I though for sure that Tharja would DOMINATE the arena, but apparently it's been a close fight each match. I'm okay with this.

The 3x catchup bonus has helped keep most of the matchups close.

• Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »

That is pretty much all she's good for, but yeah.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    Is it just me or is the game very bad at explaining... anything? Like aside from the basic color counters thing I don't really understand what to do with anything outside of battle.

The game is neat though. Very colorful, and the Pokémon aspect scratches a nice itch.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
    Maz- wrote: »

Her RES is through the roof in the early levels and mages can barely scratch her. Wonder if that will hold up later on.

• RoyallyFlushedRoyallyFlushed Registered User regular
    Maz- wrote: »

Her RES is through the roof in the early levels and mages can barely scratch her. Wonder if that will hold up later on.

http://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Felicia
    Her average stats at 5 stars end up being 34 HP / 23 ATK (+10 pwr Silver Dagger+) / 37 SPD / 18 DEF / 35 RES

So she remains a good magical tank, but actually has so low base attack power that without some help on the offensive end she can struggle to get kills (particularly against the higher def mages like male Robin and Merric).

• BlehBlehAmigaBlehBlehAmiga Registered User regular
    Was the recent double sp event the first one? Just wondering if we'd expect another before hell freezes over as I might put off leveling units I don't "need" at least until I've run out of other things to spend energy on besides farming sp.

ffbe ign: Kas
  • SmoogySmoogy Registered User regular
    Yep that was the first double SP event. We've had at least 2 1.5x XP events so far. I hope the SP events keep rolling back every few months. SP much more valuable than XP.

Smoogy-1689
    3DS Friend Code: 1821-8991-4141
    PAD ID: 376,540,262

• SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Was the recent double sp event the first one? Just wondering if we'd expect another before hell freezes over as I might put off leveling units I don't "need" at least until I've run out of other things to spend energy on besides farming sp.

Yes, but we had a repeat of there double XP event, so i wouldn't be surprised if that had a repeat as well

steam_sig.png
  • Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    I did one last pull of the Tharja banner. Two red orbs - looks promising. And I get.... 5* Sanaki.... I guess game? It's not Tharja but it's a red mage, so ok. Whatever. I'll take it.

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • KelorKelor Registered User regular
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    I did one last pull of the Tharja banner. Two red orbs - looks promising. And I get.... 5* Sanaki.... I guess game? It's not Tharja but it's a red mage, so ok. Whatever. I'll take it.

She can't hit the damage peaks that Tharja can with her bladetome but Sanaki puts out more raw damage without buffs, similar to Linde.

• ShenShen Registered User regular
    Far fewer people in tier 17 than I was anticipating, though I suppose it follows given that people can move down. Scores are as crazy as I suspected though.

Tier 14 - 4832 - top 2%
    Tier 17 - 4826 - top 20%

Tier 20 seems out reach at this rate. Ah well, that's still 4 orbs a week guaranteed. I'm long past the point where I give a crap about feathers.

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
    Shen wrote: »
    Far fewer people in tier 17 than I was anticipating, though I suppose it follows given that people can move down. Scores are as crazy as I suspected though.

Tier 14 - 4832 - top 2%
    Tier 17 - 4826 - top 20%

Tier 20 seems out reach at this rate. Ah well, that's still 4 orbs a week guaranteed. I'm long past the point where I give a crap about feathers.

The higher tiers will become more accessible as the population bubbles distribute. IIRC, like half of a tier moves on up? There was a YUGE demographic bubble at 15 last cycle, it will take a while for that to become distributed.

steam_sig.png
    Disappointing amount of snobbery cropping up lately I've noticed (not here, but on other boards/sites) directed at people who jumped in at Awakening and haven't played older entries in the series.

I picked up the series with FE7 and have played everything released since then, but even as a big fan of Fire Emblem I haven't touched the fan translated versions of 2-6.

It's a big part of why I like that we're getting Echoes, it gives me an opportunity to play the older titles.

The main part of it seems to stem from there no longer being pairing in Echoes, along with no children.

I can understand missing those, older titles didn't have them and going back might be rough if you're not used to that (not to mention how long it took to build up supports.)

Awakening and the Fates games had rather tepid stories, but the wealth of characters, their personalities and supports was a welcome return after how barebones conversations were in Radiant Dawn.

Plus Awakening served as a huge entry point to the series for many players and converted the Fire Emblem into one of Nintendo's flagship franchises.

And it is not as though Radiant Dawn was particularly easy or cheap to get ahold of if you wanted to go back.

So basically, the bioware-ization of FE? Which one was 7 again? Lyn and Hector's excellent adventure? (Eliwood can come too, but only if he gets a suit and some shades)

Also reddit pointed out that 8-5 has a healer without a weapon, but paralogue 4-1 has over with gravity, and is probably easier to do with a dead weight Hana or barst

steam_sig.png
    I started at Awakening. I first heard about Fire emblem when playing Smash melee on wii. It's what always happens - like Final Fantasy people who start at 7. I started playing the very first one on NES, but you know what happens? People get born later, people play other games, etc. you can't look down on others for liking something you like a little later than you did. Especially these FE games which had no promotion and very little localization here in the states.

Same thing for people who "liked the band before they were big."

I just ignore people who make these charges of who the bigger fan is. It's not something I care about but they clearly do, so they can get their panties in a bunch for all I care hehe.

I am going to pass on Echoes for now at least. No children and no marriages is no good for me. To me, that is the main reason I played Awakening and Fates. So im sure I would draw the ire of these FE purists :)

Smoogy-1689

edited May 2017
    Spoit wrote: »
    So basically, the bioware-ization of FE? Which one was 7 again? Lyn and Hector's excellent adventure? (Eliwood can come too, but only if he gets a suit and some shades)

Also reddit pointed out that 8-5 has a healer without a weapon, but paralogue 4-1 has over with gravity, and is probably easier to do with a dead weight Hana or barst

That one is not high enough level for Hana and Barst. It was meant to get you Draug, Felicia, Donnel kills, but they are easy enough to do in TT.

Smoogy on
    Smoogy-1689

Smoogy wrote: »

That one is not high enough level for Hana and Barst. It was meant to get you Draug, Felicia, Donnel kills, but they are easy enough to do in TT.

In Lunatic mode, of course. Iirc, they're all 40

steam_sig.png
  • mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    The problem with Hana is she can kill things but then gets blown up and you lose everything

camo_sig.png
    edited May 2017

In Lunatic mode, of course. Iirc, they're all 40

Ah! I misread Paralogue as Story Mode :)

Smoogy on
    Smoogy-1689

I started at Awakening. I first heard about Fire emblem when playing Smash melee on wii. It's what always happens - like Final Fantasy people who start at 7. I started playing the very first one on NES, but you know what happens? People get born later, people play other games, etc. you can't look down on others for liking something you like a little later than you did. Especially these FE games which had no promotion and very little localization here in the states.

Same thing for people who "liked the band before they were big."

I just ignore people who make these charges of who the bigger fan is. It's not something I care about but they clearly do, so they can get their panties in a bunch for all I care hehe.

I am going to pass on Echoes for now at least. No children and no marriages is no good for me. To me, that is the main reason I played Awakening and Fates. So im sure I would draw the ire of these FE purists :)

While I know you're always going to get people like that, it's disappointing to see it crop up in the fan base of a series that I enjoy so much.

• ShenShen Registered User regular
    4-1 Lunatic is definitely level 40. A level 20 Barst/Hana with Hone Attack will be able to kill the healer before she kills them, and it's only 13 stamina each time (and it takes maybe 10 stamina to get to 20).

I've actually played very few FE games. Loved 7, barely played 8, hated 11. Awakening I found to be a fun but ultimately shallow tactical experience that I nevertheless spent 300 hours grinding super units for no reason. Conquest I found very satisfying tactically but abysmally vapid in the character and story department, and spent 100 hours there. Looking forward to Echoes.

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
    I got Sacred Stones for free with the 3DS ambassador program so I technically started with that, but I only played it for like an hour before I just perma-death lost a guy over and over because I didn't understand like half of the rules and kind of gave up. Awakening was the first one I *really* got into and I loved it. It was also really nice about the tutorials (but not like, hand-holdy ones) for new people like me.

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • chrono_travellerchrono_traveller Registered User regular
    Just eked into the 10k-30k tier of Robin's team (had rank 29,788) and did well over all (30k-50k tier), which actually now puts me at something like 54k feathers. So, I think I'm looking at two options:
    1) Operation Quadsuna - This has been kind of a back burner project for awhile now, but I'd promote Gordin to 5* to give Setsuna Brave Bow+, then promote Setsuna to 5*. I know this probably isn't the meta these days, but it might be kinda cool
    2) Xander to 5* - The next step in my Horse Emblem plan. It'd also help with this week's arena.

Decisions, decisions.

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett
    yea i have enough now to bump a 4* to 5*

really not sure who. was considering Effie, but she is pretty good at 4* as is.

camo_sig.png
    edited May 2017
    4-1 Lunatic is definitely level 40. A level 20 Barst/Hana with Hone Attack will be able to kill the healer before she kills them, and it's only 13 stamina each time (and it takes maybe 10 stamina to get to 20).

Yeah, I was thinking story mode, not paralogue. Oops!

I ended up getting my guys to the upper 20s and hunting for TA maps they could abuse for the kills. Wasn't too bad.

Smoogy on
    Smoogy-1689

Yeah, I was thinking story mode, not paralogue. Oops!

paralogue 4-1 not story 4-1

camo_sig.png
  • AcheronAcheron Registered User regular
    A pic of Lloyd GHB is out. Looks like he has a unique sword that gives him +2 attack and speed if the enemy unit is full health. Kind of interesting, but his B skill looks to be... Pass? Ew.

I'm thinking I may promote Kagero. I just looked and somehow I managed to randomly pick +ATK/-DEF to level which seems amazing. Though I don't look forward to missing out on her while she climbs back up to 40

A pic of Lloyd GHB is out. Looks like he has a unique sword that gives him +2 attack and speed if the enemy unit is full health. Kind of interesting, but his B skill looks to be... Pass? Ew.

He also has the worst character portrait art in the game. They really should commission someone to redo it. He looks terrifying or sickly, or both.

Smoogy-1689

Warlock82 wrote: »
    I'm thinking I may promote Kagero. I just looked and somehow I managed to randomly pick +ATK/-DEF to level which seems amazing. Though I don't look forward to missing out on her while she climbs back up to 40

Kagero is the freaking best. She can delete most mages and Takumi pretty easy.

• chrono_travellerchrono_traveller Registered User regular

He also has the worst character portrait art in the game. They really should commission someone to redo it. He looks terrifying or sickly, or both.

Maybe thats what they were going for? I don't know anything about the character.

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett
    From Reddit, people are up in arms that it's the equivalent of character assassination.

Smoogy-1689