As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

First Time Paxer Ideas

captian54captian54 VidographerSeattle, WARegistered User regular
Hello Everyone! I've been attending Pax for quite some time now, for so long in fact that I need some help. This year I will be taking my neighbor's 13 year old daughter to Pax West! This will not only be her first Pax, but her first con in general. Any suggestions or tips for her? She is really excited.

R3z3wlJ.png
ZOHC4v.png

• TockTickTockTick WARegistered User new member
    As my son has gotten older (still not 13) we've been exploring more of PAX, this year will be our fifth year. The Omegathon has been a big hit with us. First few years we didn't get to it, but its proven a great way to get downtime, chat with friendly randoms and have fun watching the players.

• I3izzyI3izzy Nonofficial member of the F5 brigade FG, ORRegistered User regular
    edited May 2017
    I would suggest a bag with snacks and drink. Con food is spendy and I know my first time I didn't want to leave the floor to find food.
    If you plan to wait in lines for games, and there will be big lines, something to entertain her to pass the time helps.

Looking at your badges this isn't your first rodeo, so I figure my tips are all old hat...

I3izzy on
    ZYseqtZ.png
  • captian54captian54 Vidographer Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Its been so long since my first Pax I don't think about what I need or want to do anymore, I just do! lol So any suggestions help. Good point on food and entertainment.

R3z3wlJ.png
    ZOHC4v.png
  • DashDDashD Dread Pirate Chef Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Make sure she wears comfy shoes with arch support and bring extra socks. Also, remember she will get tired faster than you, so try to work panels and others things where she can rest into your schedule.

"Brilliant! Oh wait, if we were meant to fly, we would have been born with little bags of nuts."
    PAX_Badge_Sig.png
  • The AviatrixThe Aviatrix Registered User regular
    Omg. Socks. I always looked at this with skepticism until I bought socks at a PAX and put them on them and there... And omg.
    It created a love of socks because it was so amazing. And now I try to buy socks at any con I go to in celebration of the amazing feeling of putting on a new pair of socks half way through the day. And naturally, it feels better if the socks were just purchased.
    And it's a souvenir.

x5XpZBK.pngEz7XjRx.pngml9Z6gf.png