As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Fire Emblem Heroes] Tempest Trials and FE: Warriors Special Maps

• urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    Smoogy wrote: »
    From Reddit, people are up in arms that it's the equivalent of character assassination.

Reddit likes to take things to a whole new level. It's quite fascinating.

• TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    I completely forgot about him, and even after being reminded don't really remember much of anything. Did he have anything going for him other than being hot guy enemy swordsman?

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    Talith wrote: »
    I completely forgot about him, and even after being reminded don't really remember much of anything. Did he have anything going for him other than being hot guy enemy swordsman?

He was one of the honorable Black Fangs. Only killed people who are evil (as far as he knows).

• chrono_travellerchrono_traveller Registered User regular
    Smoogy wrote: »
    From Reddit, people are up in arms that it's the equivalent of character assassination.

I don't know if I'd go to reddit for a thoughtful response to anything. ;-)

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    I find it hard to belive there's worse character art than cordelia

steam_sig.png
  • DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    Spoit wrote: »
    I find it hard to belive there's worse character art than cordelia

Eliwood's googly eyes. Sophia the giraffe. Babyhands's...baby hands.

They're not terrible overall, but certain aspects are just so glaringly obvious that it jumps out at you.

• SmoogySmoogy Registered User regular
    edited May 2017
    The Fire Emblem Heroes subreddit isn't bad. You just have to wade through all the shitposts and fan art, haha. You'll find lots of helpful tricks and tips to play the game there too. Can't recommend it enough.

Anyway, it looks like a bad rendition of Lloyd to me as well.

I mean...look how he cool he looks in Cipher. Well, most everyone's art looks good in Cipher though. Versus...whatever this is from Heroes. Give the man some teeth and eyes that aren't the same color as his skin, haha! Also...why so many buckles? And...rigormortis has set in on his hand I guess? It looks like he should be holding something but forgot.

Expand images below if want to compare:
    latest?cb=20160622214956

nhxjqqmamkxy.png

Smoogy on
    Smoogy-1689
    3DS Friend Code: 1821-8991-4141
    PAD ID: 376,540,262

Yeah, I have to agree, the art there for Lloyd is ... not the best.

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    Actually you're right. The FEH subreddit is actually really nice. I love the art they draw.

• ShenShen Registered User regular
    Is that another red sword :/ Infantry too, c'mon guys. Do we have all the black fangs released at least?

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • KelorKelor Registered User regular
    I mean, he looks like a villain from Advent Children, but it's not worse than Arthur or Rebecca.

Kelor wrote: »
    I mean, he looks like a villain from Advent Children, but it's not worse than Arthur or Rebecca.

Arthur's art at least makes sense, and Rebecca just needs some pupils.

...I liked arthur's art

steam_sig.png
    11-5 lunatic. Yikes.

Smoogy-1689

Bring two blade tomes and two dancers :V The new seals make it slightly easier to position for some extra buffs as well.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Shen wrote: »
    Is that another red sword :/ Infantry too, c'mon guys. Do we have all the black fangs released at least?

Still missing Linus.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • AnteCantelopeAnteCantelope Registered User regular
    I've been levelling Xander, since red is my weakest colour (I have Marth, who's good but not great). He is surprisingly really quite good!

He has roughly the same stats as Hector (slightly worse, but very much comparable), and his distant counter skill is on his weapon, meaning he can equip Fury.

The only problem is I seem to have used up all my Lon'qus, so can't give him vantage.

Quick return is better, since it means you can almost always counter kill at least one person. Which will probably get you at least one surrender (because of perfect runs) over the course of the arena season

steam_sig.png
  • AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    I've been levelling Xander, since red is my weakest colour (I have Marth, who's good but not great). He is surprisingly really quite good!

He has roughly the same stats as Hector (slightly worse, but very much comparable), and his distant counter skill is on his weapon, meaning he can equip Fury.

The only problem is I seem to have used up all my Lon'qus, so can't give him vantage.
    I've been really happy with Quick Riposte on Xander. Admittedly the reason I defaulted to it was because I also don't have any Lon'qus available, but I'm glad I went that way now.

• AnteCantelopeAnteCantelope Registered User regular
    Quick return is better, since it means you can almost always counter kill at least one person. Which will probably get you at least one surrender (because of perfect runs) over the course of the arena season

But I don't really care about PVP defence, I'd rather something that works well in offence. And Fury means that he's always going to lose some health, which makes Quick Riposte less useful, as that needs his health to stay high. Vantage works well with Fury, because that needs his health to be low.

Bring two blade tomes and two dancers :V The new seals make it slightly easier to position for some extra buffs as well.

My tharja is only 4 star so i have no reliable way to kill Celica (Nino wont do it). Gonna try some bait strategies and we shall see...

Smoogy-1689

• Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    What are some good skills to inherit on Ike? His base set seems already quite good and is so unique that I really don't know if I should replace it with anything.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
    Maz- wrote: »
    What are some good skills to inherit on Ike? His base set seems already quite good and is so unique that I really don't know if I should replace it with anything.

Mine is +SPD/-RES, and I run him with Ragnell/Reposition/Aether/Heavy Blade/Quick Riposte/Threaten ATK, plus the ATK seal.

He's not quite strong enough to oneshot things and he's not quite fast enough to double anyone important. However, he's also not slow enough to get doubled too often and he's strong enough to Quick Riposte most ranged to death, with Aether going off on the next turn to return him to QR range.

I've found that I have slightly more issues using him to take out Hector (whereas my Lucina ORKOs most variants), but he's bulkier and tends to be able to stay in combat without having to jump in and out like Lucina (who runs with Falchion/Fury/Renewal).

edited May 2017

But I don't really care about PVP defence, I'd rather something that works well in offence. And Fury means that he's always going to lose some health, which makes Quick Riposte less useful, as that needs his health to stay high. Vantage works well with Fury, because that needs his health to be low.

Quick Riposte is better than Vantage. You'll note that an uninherited Hector is top tier with Distant Counter and QR2 only. It is very rare that you will have a melee unit be first to initiate, and being able to ensure the follow up when you are attacked is vital. It also negates Wary Fighter and possibly Breaker skills if you have the speed advantage.

Like, I have QR2 on Ryoma, Nowi, Julia, Takumi and Xander (all but Takumi also have Fury), routinely get flawless runs and am in T17. I'd have put it on Ike too, but Swordbreaker was helpful due to Nowi not being a dead cert Falchion counter.

E: That's not to say Vantage is bad. It's especially good when you can one-hit a likely attacker, so on units like Kagero and Bonfire Hector. Xander can run Bonfire, it's just that QR and Moonbow works for any encounter where you aren't ORKO'd.

Shen on
    ladi.png
    edited May 2017
    20 orbs + assorted junk today, banner for Ninian, Hinoka, Klein and Raven, Lloyd GHB seems pretty fuckin' easy.

Pulled for Hinoka to try Flier Emblem, got Jagen for Horse Emblem. I'll take it. Not sure who it should go on though; not Ursula or Cecilia because they need the boost for their Blade tomes, and not Xander because that'd leave (hypothetical, future) Reinhardt/Olwen stuck carrying Hone and not benefitting and that's no good. Guess I'll have to leave it on Jagen for now? Or pass it to a disposable Eliwood, who can later pass it on in turn?

Shen on
    ladi.png
    edited May 2017
    Just eat Jagen's buff. He's not that great. Generally you want defense buffs on the attackers, and the attack buffs on the tanks. But Rein is the only one with....goad? So I guess he's stuck buffing attack. Put it on Olwen, or better yet, a blade-inherited cecillia

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
    Ugh, I want to chase Hinoka for bird emblem but since I already have Ninian, it's probably a bad idea.

• KelorKelor Registered User regular
    edited May 2017
    Kinda want Raven because he's a BA but don't see how he'd be much better than Hector or Nino.

Will prob pull on Echoes banner, some neat skills there.

Edit: Got Celica, however I already have Sanaki and 4* Tharja, so I'm pretty tempted to inherit Distant Defense somewhere.

Edit 2: Hector and Lukas may just be up for crimes against humanity after that GHB.

Kelor on
  • ManetherenWolfManetherenWolf Registered User regular
    That was the easiest GHB so far I think. Beat it in 2 tries and the first was just due to a misclick.

Moved robin up to the spot next to the mountain to bait the horse archer and kill him. Then backed everyone off and had ike (though any decent red sword would work) bait down the flying axe. Then since a drag back was kind of locking the others in place a bit I used that time to heal up from those 2 attacks.

Moved ephraim (though ideally it should have been a green melee) up to tank the hit from the horse lance and backed off to bait down Lloyd and the mage. Lloyd died easily and then I just had to wait for the mage to get close enough to kill

I used the 20 orb bonus to try for Hinoka and failed miserably.

I did get a 5* +ATK/-SPD Effie, though! For once my tendency to get -SPD IVs came in handy.

That armor emblem mission may actually be doable for once!

• Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    edited May 2017
    Not sure i have the roster for this GHB, but Lloyd looks terrible so nothing lost, really. None of my greens are sturdy at all.

Edit: Managed to beat it, but it's clear i really need better green units.

Zombie Hero on
    Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    Darklyre wrote: »
    I used the 20 orb bonus to try for Hinoka and failed miserably.

I did get a 5* +ATK/-SPD Effie, though! For once my tendency to get -SPD IVs came in handy.

That armor emblem mission may actually be doable for once!

I did the same, except was hoping more for a Klein as I have jack squat in the relm of archers/ninjas. Started with a 4* Lissa and a 4* Catria. Ended up with a 5* Azura. Well.....i guess I'll take that as a win :-p

steam_sig.png
  • mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    this GWB was a cakewalk for armor emblem. I went in mostly blind and wiped everything

camo_sig.png
    This one was a cakewalk in general with a really obvious starting point of baiting the cavalry archer and then killing everyone else.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    edited May 2017
    Bleh, that horse archer is a dick. I need to finish my horse emblem team. Eldigan or Xander remains the question. Titania and Olwen cover the other options cleanly but...

In the meantime? I'm just going ahead with triangle adept M robin, aka fuck all reds and colorless. -HP + Res.

Polaritie on
    Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Bleh, that horse archer is a dick. I need to finish my horse emblem team. Eldigan or Xander remains the question. Titania and Olwen cover the other options cleanly but...

In the meantime? I'm just going ahead with triangle adept M robin, aka fuck all reds and colorless. -HP + Res.

This sounds like a really good idea. I think i have an extra Roy to donate.

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • EtheaEthea Registered User regular
    This one was a cakewalk in general with a really obvious starting point of baiting the cavalry archer and then killing everyone else.

I agree it only required me two attempts with team buff mage to clear the map. Baited the archer with tharja and everything fell into place after that.

• PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Ethea wrote: »

I agree it only required me two attempts with team buff mage to clear the map. Baited the archer with tharja and everything fell into place after that.

I so wish the archer didnt have swordbreaker so I could just use Ike. Or do I need to just give him QR2?

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    MuddBudd wrote: »
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    I'm thinking I may promote Kagero. I just looked and somehow I managed to randomly pick +ATK/-DEF to level which seems amazing. Though I don't look forward to missing out on her while she climbs back up to 40

Kagero is the freaking best. She can delete most mages and Takumi pretty easy.
    My level 40 4* Kagero is -SPD and gets doubled by Takumi and it's super sad.

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    Wyvern wrote: »
    MuddBudd wrote: »
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    I'm thinking I may promote Kagero. I just looked and somehow I managed to randomly pick +ATK/-DEF to level which seems amazing. Though I don't look forward to missing out on her while she climbs back up to 40

Kagero is the freaking best. She can delete most mages and Takumi pretty easy.
    My level 40 4* Kagero is -SPD and gets doubled by Takumi and it's super sad.

I am lucky to have a male Robin for Takumi. He murders him so bad I just laugh and eagerly pick them in arenas now. Like, it's literally a free kill.

Side note, I did promote Kagero. I forgot she had a super nice even stronger weapon at 5*. I did some massive grinding and she is back up to 37 already (along with my two 5* archers Rebecca and Maye. It's a weird all colorless team except for Olivia :P)

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282