As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Explore an island "paradise" in [Playerunknown's Battlegrounds]!

Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of ForksRegistered User regular
edited May 2017 in Social Entropy++
687681.png

Playerunknown's Battlegrounds is a battle royale shooter published by Bluehole, based on an ARMA 2 mod built by Brendan Greene.

At the start of the game, up to 100 players parachute from an airplane onto a desolate, vaguely Eastern European island, populated entirely by guns that somebody lovingly placed inside of the multitude of abandoned homes, ruins, and military bases. Assuming you survive the depredations of the people who would like nothing more than to punch you to death within 30 seconds of landing, your only objective is to be the last person standing. You accomplish this by looting homes for weapons and equipment, finding vehicles that you can use to cover ground quickly, hunting other players, or hunkering down in a nice, quiet spot for as long as possible.

As the match progresses, an Electric Wall of Death begins to collapse inward towards a randomly selected point on the map, pushing you and 99 of your closest murder buddies progressively closer to one another. Get stuck outside the circle, and you'll slowly watch your health tick away. Get careless trying to stay inside the circle, and you'll be shot by someone that you'll never see. At least until they run over to your body and proceed to take all of your carefully looted gear for themselves. And that will happen to you, so be prepared for it. If you manage to outlast the other 99 players, your reward is a metaphorical chicken dinner, and a bunch of fake money you can use to buy fake clothes so that your avatar can look legitimately fresh and/or tight.

It's a very tense and unique multiplayer experience, and it's a lot of fun, even if it does tend to be singularly frustrating at times. The game's available for early access right now on Steam, and while it's pretty unpolished at the moment, the gameplay is solid. And you can play in teams of two-to-four people, or just go Rambo and fight your way to the top of the solo charts.

Here's a handy spreadsheet for when you want to PUBG with other SE++ people!

And here's a map detailing the best drop zones available in the game. Fair warning, it is very big, hence linking it rather than just dropping it in this post.

And here's a good guide video if you're just starting out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoadRyVIcTI

[IMG][/img]
Romanian My Escutcheon on

• Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    I've been playing this a lot the last few days and I keep getting real close to the end then fucking it up.

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    I should turn the graphics down for less lag right?

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    My second match, I ended up in the top 5 in a really small zone

And this really small zone was in a mountainous area so it was stressful as hell

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    I can pretty consistently get into the top ten on solo now, my highest was number 2 where I had the dude dead to rights but just choked and get nailed.

This game is incredibly fun.

My favorite go to area is the one way inside bunker south and east of the shooting range. Not the one just outside the shooting range though.

No one ever goes there, good chance for vehicles nearby, pretty ok item spawns.

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    I made Top 10 in a match last night and probably would have made it further if I hadn't parked my buggy in front of some jackass with an Uzi just for the sake of a bad joke.

Still a good time, just frustrating that I blew a legit chance to win like that.

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    One thing that's killing me is I have two 770s in sli and I can tell the game doesn't accept sli so it runs very rough for me

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    scope or die

• Options
    Bwahahaha

I just played a duo game where we dropped on the guaranteed rozhok car at the same time as another team, and all 4 of us ended up unarmed in the same dacia driving around.

Until they flipped it, I got run over by a buggy going the other direction somehow, and then everyone got back inside except with my duo partner driving instead.

He decided to drop it into the crater with the school and warehouses in it.

Which was unlooted somehow, even though we had been driving for like 5 minutes at that point, and he murders both of them after he took like 70% damage from the crash.

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    I heard this game lets you Superman punch.

b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    This game is very good and I've been playing far too much of it.

• Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    I need to start playing this again also that spreadsheet needs to be editable.

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    edited May 2017
    I need to start playing this again also that spreadsheet needs to be editable.

My bad, updated it.

Here's the new link, it should work now, but let me know if it doesn't.

Also; somebody needs to explain to me how emptying half a SCAR clip doesn't translate to a kill, but you can hit somebody from 50 meters away with the double barreled shotgun and cause them to explode.

I'm not bitter or anything! You're bitter!!!

Romanian My Escutcheon on
    [IMG][/img]
  • Options
    WimbleWimble Registered User regular
    This game is great and I am very excited for future updates, especially the first person mode

also https://clips.twitch.tv/DiligentBadPanKappa

4SMZq.jpg
  • Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    I picked this up tonight and manged to get two kills and the 18th spot on my first game, not for only having a shotgun most of the time I think.

• Options
    Argh I got second place just now, died because I ducked around a corner to use my full heal after winning a firefight with number 3 and the last guy shot me in my butt with a shotgun.

Though earlier in that game I was freaking out, driving a dacia with half health and no healing items, trying to figure out on the map where would be unlooted buildings in the circle when I was informed I ran over a dude.

After I finished telling the game that no, I did not, there's no way I just ran over a guy by accident while looking at my map, I circled around to his body, resplendent with medkits and painkillers.

• Options
    TynnanTynnan seldom correct, never unsure Registered User regular
    Something I really like is that most weapons are viable for the whole game, it's more a matter of taste and what you're comfortable with. Any AR is good, 2/3 of the SMGs are good (and even the uzi is strong in CQC), and the shotguns with choke can peg people from a surprising distance.

• Options
    Has anyone found the .50 cal rifle anywhere on the map yet? I've only ever seen it once in the waiting area.

• Options
    Do you mean the AWM? It is one of the possible guns found in care package crates dropped throughout the match.

• Options
    I got the AWM out of a package drop once, then got shot almost immediately trying to get out of the open.

Care packages are a death trap.

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    sponospono Mining for Nose Diamonds Booger CoveRegistered User regular
    Damn! Got to #9 for the first time and got shot in the back immediately after I gunned down #10.

This game is awesome.

640qocnq4ske.gif
  • Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    Last game I played I was shot to death so hard the game crashed to desktop.

• Options
    MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    2 questions:

How long are games?

Do you usually bail out of a game after dying and go looking for a new game, or watch for the rest?

• Options
    About half an hour to fully complete. If you die early in solo, you bail and start a new game. If you die early in a team mode, you spectate your teammate until they're dead or they've won (or left the game).

• Options
    MrMonroe wrote: »
    2 questions:

How long are games?

Do you usually bail out of a game after dying and go looking for a new game, or watch for the rest?

It largely depends on how early you get knocked out. I've played over 100 rounds so far and my average time alive is about 14 minutes? Usually it's closer to a half hour if you're able to survive to the Top 20.

And I'll usually bail unless I made the top 10 or so, in which case I'll stick around until the end, or until whoever killed me gets theirs. Whichever happens first.

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    Yeah I usually try to drop into more remote areas and sneak around a bunch, so my game time usually lasts for about 20min or so.