As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Penny Arcade - Comic - Right Round

2»

• RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    I'm gonna lay down the law here:

There was never a better nonsense toy-craze than Slap Bracelets

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • RatherDashing89RatherDashing89 Registered User regular
    Do you think if Fidget Spinners were shaped like butterflies, they would make it on Toy Box?

• Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    Tycho wrote:
    It gets complicated when you have a child who is situated somewhere on the spectrum; it’s weird to think that something in use as a therapeutic tool could become such a fad. Something that allows you to move while sitting still is performing a novel, useful function and it kinda sucks slash might not be 100% legal that some are deprived of it because their medicine got fetishized by mainstream culture.

I wonder how much of that last bit is random chance and the arcane workings of fad/fashion, how much is "hey, Joey has one of those things so I want one too", and how much is "everyone, to some degree, enjoys stimming."

• shadowysea07shadowysea07 Registered User regular
    @RINGO Those got banned in schools fast haha.

• NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
    i got figet spinners beat with these, then learn to david bowie that shit

AXC8A2n.gif

a4irovn5uqjp.png
    Steam - NotoriusBEN | Uplay - notoriusben | Xbox,Windows Live - ThatBEN
  • EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    He sure knows how to handle some balls.

• dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »
    He sure knows how to handle some balls.

Well, he did handle massive balls on a daily basis.

• YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    Except it was actually the work of Michael Moschen.

• Alistair HuttonAlistair Hutton Dr EdinburghRegistered User regular
  • StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Back when I was a kid, we had Lego, K'nex and Lincoln Logs. Toys that invited you to think, to create, not to stare into the center of a spinning bauble while it hypnotizes your problems away.
    gty_pet_rock_150401_4x3_992.jpg

YL9WnCY.png
  • EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    "Neknomination"?

• PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    I was just disappointed with fidget spinners. When I first saw them I thought that there was some kind of spring loaded thing in the center, so that if you pressed the center axle together, it would spin it.

Then I realized it did not have that, and felt a sad.

• poipoigirlpoipoigirl Registered User regular
    You wanted it to spin itself? lol I like the idea that you have to spin it yourself. Best way to harvest souls.

• sparkskysparksky Registered User regular
    Back when I was a kid, we had Lego, K'nex and Lincoln Logs. Toys that invited you to think, to create, not to stare into the center of a spinning bauble while it hypnotizes your problems away.

You seem fun.

"When I was in school, they told me practice makes perfect. Then they told me nobody's perfect. So I stopped practicing." --Steven Wright
  • PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    poipoigirl wrote: »
    You wanted it to spin itself? lol I like the idea that you have to spin it yourself. Best way to harvest souls.

I'd rather being able to spin it by pressing the "button" in the center, instead of just needing to flick it

• Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Psykoma wrote: »
    poipoigirl wrote: »

I'd rather being able to spin it by pressing the "button" in the center, instead of just needing to flick it

I assumed that's how they work... huh. Lame toy!

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »
    "Neknomination"?

Had to google it myself. Appearently that's when you film yourself drinking a pint in a single gulp and uploading it to youtube.
    Pretty sure back in my day we just called that "drinking". Now get off my grass you darned hooligans.

• DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    Ringo wrote: »
    I'm gonna lay down the law here:

There was never a better nonsense toy-craze than Slap Bracelets

I was convinced each one concealed a razor sharp core made of hanzo steal. That was the reason given for their banning at school, and I always imagined students figuring out how to shank each other with them.

What is this I don't even.
  • TubeTube Registered User admin
    I was told as a child that those things were razor sharp and could slice through an arm like butter. I'm still genuinely apprehensive of them because of that.