As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[OOC] Vampire: The Masquerade - The Restless City

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Someone has to decide where the trade is being made, unless the coterie is handing out phos rounds in the street.
    (Admittedly that might be overlooked in NYC, but I wouldn't risk it.)

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    Someone has to decide where the trade is being made, unless the coterie is handing out phos rounds in the street.

I'm sure the studio has a backlot for unloading band equipment. It wouldn't look out of place for some shitty van to pull up and take boxes out of it and into the building.

• Options
    MaclayMaclay Insquequo Totus Es Unus Here and ThereRegistered User regular
    cj iwakura wrote: »

I'm sure the studio has a backlot for unloading band equipment. It wouldn't look out of place for some shitty van to pull up and take boxes out of it and into the building.

Just finished writing something up. Left you an opening if you want to suggest it.

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    It's enough ammunition and weaponry that it couldn't be conspicuously carried around.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    ArdentArdent Down UpsideRegistered User regular
    "We succeeded in every expectation made, bigly."

Probably just want to find a place without street cams. I'm guessing that's like Perception + Streetwise + Auspex?

Geth roll 5d10o10h8 for "no cameras, low witness chance"

5d10o10h8 1 [5d10o10h8=1, 4, 7, 9, 4]

Steam ID | Origin ID: ArdentX | Uplay ID: theardent | Battle.net: Ardent#11476
  • Options
    The back alley would do, or an adjacent side street.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Can we get those character sheets from a few pages back onto the OP?

• Options
    edited April 2017
    Sure. Thought I'd done that already...

Guess not, heh. Updated.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    What specifically is Max wanting a lead on?

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Thank you, Kenneth is exactly what I meant.

• Options
    And now Lizzy's position as Sybil's spy is safely secured...

• Options
    Time will tell...

Anyway, rule question. Based on my last few perception checks, my impression has become that if I want to perceive non-magic stuff I should explicitly not include Auspex in the roll. Is this correct? Follow up: If so, in cases where I want to look for both magical and non-magical stuff, should I make two entirely separate rolls?

• Options
    Auspex will give you more insight into the supernatural-skewed occurrences, though those insights could be vague given Danny's Malkavian blood. Or possibly more informative. Anything else would be the non supernatural. You could use Auspex to strictly focus on non-magical if preferred, though it could still be Malk-flavored as a result.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Okay. I'll try to keep that in mind, thanks.

• Options
    AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Just a quick heads up, I am having back surgery tomorrow morning, so I'm going to be MIA probably all weekend. I'm guessing I'll be back to being able to be online by Monday, but if something kicks off this weekend, just drag Alex along, don't feel like you need to wait for me.

• Options
    Just a quick heads up, I am having back surgery tomorrow morning, so I'm going to be MIA probably all weekend. I'm guessing I'll be back to being able to be online by Monday, but if something kicks off this weekend, just drag Alex along, don't feel like you need to wait for me.

No problem. Hope everything goes well.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Never mind. Somewhere between the doctor office and the insurance company someone screwed up so now it had to be rescheduled two weeks out.

• Options
    Going to be MIA a bit. Ended up in the ER due to pain and looks like I'll likely be here till they get the surgery taken care of

• Options
    Sucks. Good luck!

• Options
    Are we waiting for Austin to recover? Because I am 100% fine with that.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    I figured that was the case and I'm okay with it too.

• Options
    Sorry all, but I think I'm going to have to drop out.

Had the back surgery but still dealing with a lot of pain around recovering from that and it's generally keeping me from doing much of anything other than sitting propped up on a couch.

I have no idea when I'd be able to get back into shape to follow the game, and I don't want to leave you all constantly waiting on me to do things.

Sorry!

• Options
    I can't speak for everyone, so I'm fine with the group preference, but I don't mind waiting for you to recover.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    I'm cool if we want to take a break while you recover. We've been going almost a year now (which has taken us three nights game time!) so I think this group will still be around when you are feeling better.

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Waiting is fine. Just someone remember to type a recap!

• Options
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    Waiting is fine. Just someone remember to type a recap!

I'll do better, I'll have one filmed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejrKkCct_JI

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    That show.

• Options
    It had its moments. Lacked Tremere, though.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Lacked Nosferatu.

What they call Nosferatu were too pretty to be one.

• Options
    Sometimes the world just knows who you really are.
    Sometimes it doesn't have to look that far...
    ns60wv7fbs50.jpg

• Options
    Austin is keeping in touch, by the way, so no cause for concern there.

If anyone wants to crunch character sheet numbers or request information in the meantime, feel free. (Downtime actions are also viable.)

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Whew! Sorry about all that!

First of all, I appreciate everyone taking a "time out" to pause the game so I could come back. Thank you!

I'm pretty much healed up, so I should be good to go to come back full time and feel like I can actually participate regularly.

So, where were we? I remember something about vampires.....

• Options
    I assume everyone else is still good? I can recap if needed and update the IC thread this evening.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Good to see that Austin is back in the game.
    We are still looking for whatshisname.
    In the ghetto we were told he would be
    And we asked a hobo to tell us things he sees.
    Then there was a car that followed us close behind.
    But they saw we weren't there to bust their grind.
    And now we are basically out of clues
    And the Prince is waiting to hear from our crew.

• Options
    The group reached the museum, last it seems. They'll have to get past the cop if they plan to investigate it.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Do we need to summon the others? Meanwhile, as I recall Kenneth disappeared outside the museum, so we might get away with just keeping him distracted while we poke around? Might be handy to find out his thoughts on things if anyone is that way inclined.

• Options
    There may be clues on the premesis, or perhaps a seciroty system saw what happened. We need to get in there.

• Options
    Seems reasonable. If no one else does, I can put something together later in the day, just to get the ball rolling. Not really around right now.

• Options
    @Ardent @Boozer
    Just making sure you're aware we're back on and that you're both good to go.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    BoozerBoozer Registered User regular
    edited June 2017
    Awesome, I'll post something today Friday.

Boozer on
    Bobby 'Bulldog' Lenko - [PBP] [Vampire] The Restless City
    PSN: Boozer_777