As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[5E OOC] Before the Darkness - "Who Watches the Poopmen"

• MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    please stop eating aberrations.

also we using what's it for voice chat again?

• iguanacusiguanacus Desert PlanetRegistered User regular
    So, last night was a little brutal but I think we've weathered it well so far. Hopefully next week Rainfall doesn't have those hot dice, I don't want to hit the floor again so soon.

• Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular
    Whatever's downstairs is going to be a good time. We're all pretty depleted, and I definitely won't be putting my shield away again soon.

Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    edited May 2017
    My other campaign is a level 16 party of my friends who gleefully optimize, so I apologize since I'm probably overtuning. Plus hot dice.
    Good news is that you'll all most likely level up next session! And you've got two allies to give you a hand thanks to Auraj's quick thinking.

Rainfall on
    So i need to have this writen out. Who speaks what?

I got Common, Elven, Giant, Orc, and Draconic. Auraj speaks, Draconic, Tusk speaks Orc, and Angus speaks giant, right?

these are all the overlaps outside of common?

Tusk also speaks Goblin. Because his stepdad is a Bugbear.

Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
    Yep, Angus is common, elf, and giant

• DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    Auraj speaks common, draconic, gnomish, and goblin

all the good tinkering blueprints are in gnomish!

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    also, which week were you gonna be absent for, @Albino Bunny ?

Miss me? Find me on:

• Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    Huh?

edited May 2017
    @Dubh I think you may have been thinking of another person? Or possibly another game you're in? The rest of the group in this one is Godmode, Iguanacus, Melding, and of course Rainfall. And Godmode is the one currently on hiatus.

Desert Leviathan on
    And I think Rainfall said that this week we are a go, but next we are not.

Yup, we're good for this week and then next week I will be working late on the Thursday.

I constantly mix up @Albino Bunny and Rainfall in my head for some fucking reason. Your names are nothing alike! Why, Brain? :(

Miss me? Find me on:

going to be a touch late due ot car shuttling will be there.

I am sitting in the chat eating chips, if anyone wants to listen to me chew.

figured it out

Auraj has been spending years on it

but she's finally mastered using her tail to load ammunition into her crossbows

she's still working on wielding a knife with it, but progress is slow-going

Miss me? Find me on:

edited May 2017
    addition to Auraj's background:

part of the reason why Auraj left her tribe is because she was too fucking weird, even by lizardfolk standards

so they gently encouraged her to become an adventurer, so she can practice her gadget making and other weird hobbies on the road

shortly after Auraj left, they dismantled the windmill she build because the bones were scaring traders away

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

The reasons Elidana will talk about for her "exile" include: sordid relationship with a local noble's youngest daughter, being a dragon sorcerer when their family has long been trying to dispel rumours of being dragon cultists.

there is more but i'm sure it won't come up. and has nothing to do with why she will attune to random evil looking magical items.

Melding wrote: »
    The reasons Elidana will talk about for her "exile" include: sordid relationship with a local noble's youngest daughter, being a dragon sorcerer when their family has long been trying to dispel rumours of being dragon cultists.

there is more but i'm sure it won't come up. and has nothing to do with why she will attune to random evil looking magical items.

is the elven monarch gonna call Elidana's family in?

"Okay, spill it. Which one of you fucked a dragon?"

Miss me? Find me on:

• see317see317 Registered User regular
    Dubh wrote: »
    Melding wrote: »

is the elven monarch gonna call Elidana's family in?

"Okay, spill it. Which one of you fucked a dragon?"

Guilty looks silently pass between all members of the family.
    "...sigh... fine. Which one of you haven't fucked a dragon?"
    One hand slowly raises in the back of the room.
    Quiet whispers back and forth.
    "...what? REALLY?
    The solitary hand slowly drops out of sight.

@Dubh
    http://dnd.wizards.com/articles/unearthed-arcana/downtime
    In interests of empowering Auraj's tinkering, there's some crafting rules in there!

does this mean that I can craft an appartus of kwalish as a longterm goal?

Miss me? Find me on:

Dubh wrote: »
    does this mean that I can craft an appartus of kwalish as a longterm goal?

Don't see why not!

edited May 2017
    the perfect device for adventures into the far realm

edit: definitely something I'll try if/when we have a central base of operations AND enough cash

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

holy shit, the rules you linked let you learn a new language or tool proficiency as long as you spend the time and money to do it

this is a MUCH better option than taking a feat to learn more tool proficiencies, omg

Miss me? Find me on:

So it turns out it's a good thing we're not playing this week. Emergency Dental Surgery Part 2 is scheduled for Thursday afternoon, about 40 minutes before we would normally meet.

In other news, character sketches are progressing. I should have something that's not too shitty to reveal to others soon.

Awesome for sketches, not emergency dental!

slightly regretting not going for an artificer with a gun!

too late now, tho

that int stat ain't no good

Miss me? Find me on:

hello once again, we on tonight?

I sure hope so, I am psyched enough to play that i had a D&D dream last night!

hahaha

yeah, I'm ready

Miss me? Find me on:

Heck yeah we're playing tonight!

Ahh, dangit. I forgot we play at 6:30, not 6:00. I could have had half an hour more time with the free nachos at the office.

So next session will probably be light on combat and focus on our lovely city of Hemlock Bay, let me know if there's any particular goods or services that you'd like to get your hands on!

edited June 2017
    i want a +1 Dress of Making All The Other Girls (and boys) Jealous.

edit: requires at least the left arm to have a full sleeve, or a matching jacket

Melding on
    Ok, now that I'm done obsessively entering in attack info for every possible permutation of rage, no rage, 1 hand, 2 hand, bare hand, off-
    hand, and improvised weapon attack options, I'll put some thought into how Tusk wants to waste his money.

Aside from having the uneaten remnants of his Chuul carcass stuffed and mounted. And then shipping it back to his uncle's house back in Orc country.

am i really the only one that takes issue with eating an aberration known for their ability to be easily mutated?

someone is ending this campaign with tentacles, i swear.

At this point, I don't think any of us are capable of making an argument that would stop her.