As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Destiny] Guardians, Report in for Pax Arcadia Legacy Run (p. 73)! Sequel revealed!

19495969798100»

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    Erevar wrote: »
    I'm going to remake all my dudes/dudettes because why not.

Spoken like someone who HASN'T SIGNED UP FOR OBI'S LEGACY RUN.

As soon as you give your characters names, you won't want them to die.

In keeping with my calvaric nature, the possibility of my registering for this increases as the number of living guardians dwindles. Such that, when 90% of you are dead... I may appear. :P

I also need show up for trials tickets at some point. lol

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    ErevarErevar The Nounverber Registered User regular
    Arteen wrote: »
    Erevar wrote: »
    The thing that makes me the most sad about Destiny 2 is that it's still 109 days away from release.

My first thought was, "That's barely enough time to get all the Age of Triumph loot I want!"

I'm still having enough fun with Destiny to be distracted from the Destiny 2 hype. I've got shaders, sparrows and shells to collect. And 5 more grimoire score to obtain.

My body is ready.

I briefly considered ending that statement with a heart emoji, but then I thought maybe that would be sending mixed signals. :biggrin:

KkrouBB.png
    (Destiny) Doot Doot, Shoot Brutes for New Boots, Woot Woot for Rad Suits and Phat Loots
    Bogaerts wrote:
    I can't get off until Shad gives me permission.
  • Options
    jefe414jefe414 "My Other Drill Hole is a Teleporter" Mechagodzilla is Best GodzillaRegistered User regular
    What is max. grimoire these days?

Xbox Live: Jefe414
  • Options
    DodgeBlanDodgeBlan PSN: dodgeblanRegistered User regular
    I just realized how lame it would be if Destiny 2 doesn't have a new race to fight

Read my blog about AMERICA and THE BAY AREA

https://medium.com/@alascii
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    DodgeBlan wrote: »
    I just realized how lame it would be if Destiny 2 doesn't have a new race to fight

First time they are making the Cabal a dominant part of an expansion, so they are basically a new race. I mean we got the fallen twice!

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    edited May 2017

Wouldn't really make sense for them to throw another race in the mix. I mean, the stakes in Destiny are all over the place enough already. I'd expect another remixed/hybridized enemy faction from the already established ones.

There is at least one new enemy silouette in the game, if the preview CG is accurate: dags.

tastydonuts on
    “I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    Thinking on what they've revealed of Destiny 2, I think while I am sad that they didn't add more stuff in the way of a sequel (ie - more subclasses, more spec customization, more enemy types/races to fight. significant gameplay overhauls), I'm still holding out hope for some significant tweaking and changes.

We know basically nothing about how the incentive and progression loops are going to work. They wouldn't even let people inspect weapons. I'm guessing the subclass perks are all what we saw, but it's hard to know what those perks really mean without gameplay to back it up. And obviously we don't know what all enemies are. While I'm worried about the PVP changes, I'm willing to give it a shot.

I guess I'm hype, but moderated hype. It's not groundbreaking (it shouldn't be) but I would like to understand more what day to day play looks like. What is light progression? What is the XP model? What am I farming? What sort of stats/tracking/incentives are there for the clan and for personal progression for PVE/PVP? All that stuff that is beyond the moment to moment gameplay is mostly unknown at this time.

Like "yay strikes" and all, but a demo showing you how you go from Green to Blue to Purple alone would give me far more of what I want to know than just seeing a strike that we'll be playing a hundred times.

• Options
    ErevarErevar The Nounverber Registered User regular

"They did things you would scarcely believe. They committed the most monstrous and heroic deeds. The generations of your people in that time became a single, savage mind, death incarnate - and when they ran short of foes, they practiced their skills upon one another."

KkrouBB.png
    (Destiny) Doot Doot, Shoot Brutes for New Boots, Woot Woot for Rad Suits and Phat Loots
    Bogaerts wrote:
    I can't get off until Shad gives me permission.
  • Options
    RemingtonRemington Registered User regular
    It seems like they're really adding a lot of different types to each race, so at least there's that. Still, it'd be cool if some new big bad reveals itself 3/4 through the campaign. Wouldn't have to be particularly fleshed out, but could set up a future expansion. Or maybe planets just have dangerous animals roaming around.

• Options
    ElementWrathElementWrath Perplexingly Soft MichiganRegistered User regular
    I want to fight Rasputin's frames, or agents of the nine augmented by wish dragon powers.

• Options
    Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    I expect an Ahamkara raid boss at least sometime in the next 5 years.
    Bungo pls.

• Options
    jefe414jefe414 "My Other Drill Hole is a Teleporter" Mechagodzilla is Best GodzillaRegistered User regular
    Hey whomever takes the responsibility for making the new thread, can you include links to Obi's 'last hurrah' signup stuff?

Xbox Live: Jefe414
  • Options
    GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    edited May 2017
    GMaster7 on
    PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
This discussion has been closed.