As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Destiny] D2 Beta: July 18 for PS4 Preorders; July 19 for XB1; Open Beta July 21-25!

GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles PaesanoRegistered User regular
edited July 2017 in Games and Technology
We called it the Traveler, and its arrival changed us forever. Great cities were built on Mars and Venus; Mercury became a garden world. Human lifespan tripled. It was a time of miracles. We stared out at the galaxy and knew that it was our Destiny to walk in the light of other stars.

But the Traveler had an enemy. A Darkness - which had hunted it for eons, across the black gulfs of space, centuries after our Golden Age began. This Darkness... found us. And that was the end of everything.

That is, until Peter Dinklage Nolan North found you, Guardian!

7wqy627to2qz.jpg

Destiny: Penny Arcade G&T Saves the Universe and Everything in It is an online multiplayer action role-playing sci-fi-fantasy *deep breath* first-person shooter for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, and Xbox One, and Xbox 360 and the first title in a proposed 10-year, zillion-dollar franchise from Bungie and Activision. It’s MMO-like – think gear, skill trees, leveling up, and party play – with an emphasis on exploration and discovery. As of September 20, 2016, we have entered Year Three of Destiny, which has ushered in a host of new content, quests, gear, weapon balance tweaks, and a brand new raid.

Still relevant: The game is set in our own solar system, 700 years in the future, following a prosperous period of exploration and colonization ushered in by the arrival of the “Traveler,” a mysterious celestial body (pictured above). The Golden Age came to an abrupt end as a result of a momentous event called “the Collapse,” a calamity that wiped out human colonies everywhere. Humanity has retreated to the Last City on Earth, our shared home and the launching point for our journey back to the stars, and from within its walls, we have begun to rebuild. We have begun to fight back. But even as we stand tall, our Light visible in the canyons and craters of far-off worlds, blinding our enemies with its brilliance, the Darkness threatens to close in around us. And everything we know about our enemy is about to change.

wm4i8qoihf2e.png

Rise of Iron

In Year One of Destiny, the Wise and Noble Guardians of Pax Arcadia traveled through space and time in defense of Human, Awoken, and Exo, rising to meet every challenge and ultimately emerging from a year's worth of adventures bearing the spoils of war and the bounty of exotic weapons, sturdy and stylish armor, fortune, and fame. The Tower stands today because of our bravery and sacrifice in that first year. Our legend is known far and wide across the bloodied fields of the Crucible. We have earned the favor of the Queen and have protected her Reef from those who sought to tear it apart.

At times, our successes have seemed inevitable, almost routine. We've traveled backward and forward through time; we've crushed our foes underfoot in encounter after encounter; we've destroyed the heart of a god - more than once. But we have faced trials as well, true challenges that required complete cooperation and tested our limits, especially in the depths of the Dark Below, face-to-hideous-face with Crota, Hive Prince and Son of Oryx. In time, he fell like the rest. We took his wretched, cursed husk and held it aloft as a trophy.

In Year Two, we braved the Dreadnaught, a terrifying frontier, and we beat back the Taken, a twisted menace. We competed against our fellow Guardians, sharpening ourselves into efficient, highly coordinated soldiers of the Light. We returned to the Prison of Elders and tore through its denizens, leaving our mark on its every arena. We remained relentless, undeterred, in the face of overwhelming odds, and together we struck down humanity's greatest threat to date: Oryx, the Taken King. He refused to tolerate our insolence; we refused to tolerate his existence.

Now, in Year Three, a new threat has emerged. Fallen mutants, scavenging the tombs of the Golden Age, have unearthed a plague more dangerous than even they understand. Corrupted enemies bear down on the walls of the Last City. Lord Saladin has called upon us to embark on the next step of our journey and to take up the mantle of the Iron Lords. We must retreat; we must regroup; we must rediscover the history of the Iron Lords and continue their legacy.

Eyes up, Guardians. Our work is just beginning.

Join the ranks of Pax Arcadia! Our clan is on both systems!

oys3p1lw64ty.png

We've assembled a Bungie.net group - and within that group, a PlayStation clan and an Xbox clan - so that PA G&Ters can play together. We're Pax Arcadia, and we're currently making our way through endgame content and crushing the Crucible in six-man fireteams on a nightly basis!

Edit (May 1, 2017): We presently have room in the PA clan on Xbox One, but we're full up at the 100-person cap on the PS4 side for both PA and PA2. That being said, we're typically cycling people out for inactivity lasting over six months and spots tend to open up frequently! Follow the instructions below!

To join:
1. Send @GMaster7 (on the PS side) or @ObiFett (on the Xbox side) - or preferably, both - a PM, letting us know that you're joining the group(s) and applying to the clan.
2. Join the Bungie.net group for Pax Arcadia (right here, at this link). If necessary, you can hit up the group for Pax Arcadia II (right here), either instead or in addition, and join that, too. You don't need admin approval to join the groups.
3. Once you're in one or both Bungie.net groups, click "Set as PlayStation Clan" in the banner if you're on PS3/PS4 or "Set as Xbox Clan" in Pax Arcadia's banner if you're on 360/XB1 to officially request admission to that group's respective clan (either PA or PA2). If you're on PSN, you'll probably need to apply to PA2, the overflow clan. If you're on Xbox, you can apply to PA and don't need to mess with PA2.
4. Add yourself to the Pax Arcadia Mega-Roster that we've created to keep track of membership. Use the tabs at the bottom to select your console, and put yourself at the bottom of your tab's list. We'll bump you up to your proper alphabetical placement.
5. If you've sent us a PM and added yourself to the Mega-Roster, we'll accept you as soon as we can.
6. Friend some PAers, hop online, and take to the skies in the name of Pax Arcadia!

Find teammates with The100.io!

If you're looking for teammates for any activity, check out PA's console-specific groups on The100.io, right here:
•Pax Arcadia - Xbox One: https://www.the100.io/groups/1397
•Pax Arcadia - Xbox 360: https://www.the100.io/groups/1398
•Pax Arcadia - PS4: https://www.the100.io/groups/1226

Useful Links and Utilities

Destiny Item Manager: Use this Chrome extension to move items between characters and keep track of your gear and inventory! Has more functionality than Bungie.net and is super useful: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/destiny-item-manager/apghicjnekejhfancbkahkhdckhdagna?hl=en

Track your stats - everything you might ever want to know - here, plus leaderboards, activity listings, vendors: http://www.destinytracker.com

SIVA Cluster Tracker: http://destinysivaclusters.com

Dead Ghost Tracker: http://destinydeadghosts.com

Calcified Fragment Tracker: http://destinycalcifiedfragments.com

DestinyDB - item lists and tons of info: http://www.destinydb.com

Destiny Public Events - event timers and maps: http://www.destinypublicevents.com

pliaxa7cbdom.jpg

PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
GMaster7 on

• GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    edited May 2017
    ObiFett wrote: »
    xoyndafjitja.jpg

Purpose: To establish our own Penny Arcade official Destiny legend. To create a lasting memory of Destiny 1 as we transition into the next phase. To create our own permanent place in Desiny lore as a community. To unite and give purpose for all members to work together regardless of console.

As a PA community, we will play and record a full play-through, in order, of all the Story Missions, Strikes, and Raids. As we play through the content, if any guardian dies in a darkness zone, they will be considered permanently dead and their fireteam will not be allowed to revive them. The goal is to complete all the missions, strikes, and raids as a community in such a way to create our own Destiny history.

This will require effort from players of both consoles and their generations. Your participation can be as small as a few story missions to as large as multiple Raids. It's up to you how much you want to add to the Penny Arcade Destiny story. Make your Mark. Create your Legend.

How its done: First we will gather a list of all players (SIGN UP HERE), their guardians, and the content they are willing to run. There will be a period of time in which players may then sign up for specific content. Once we are ready to start, then guardians will be assigned to the remaining sections of content (a few missions, a strike, or a raid), either as a primary guardian (a member of the initial fireteam for the content) or a reinforcement guardian (a backup to come in when a primary dies), prioritizing that every player has at least one primary guardian role assigned. Additionally, each section of content will have historians assigned, whose job it is to be streaming/recording while playing, in order to record the history of heroic deeds and sacrifices. When/if a historian guardian dies during a section of content, the next historian will be pulled into the content from the assigned reinforcements.

There will be a first draft of assignments that will go out, which will allow people to request different content, ask for different fireteam members, or make suggested changes. Considerations will be specially made for harder content like Raids. After all requests have been considered and accommodated for, there will be an official list of assignments posted. It is then up to the players to schedule completion of content and to communicate on this forum when content has been completed so that the next assignments can be completed.

The goal will be to complete all Story Missions, Strikes, and Raids in the following order and before Destiny 2 releases. If you think something should be in a different order, please post your suggestion and if it gets enough agrees, the change will be made.

Content Order
    ACT I: NOTHING LEFT BUT THE FALL
    1. A Guardian Rises (Story - Earth - Fallen)
    2. Restoration (Story - Earth - Fallen)
    3. The Warmind (Story - Earth - Fallen)
    4. The Last Array (Story - Earth - Fallen)
    5. The Devil's Lair (Strike - Earth - Fallen)
    ACT II: AGAINST THE HIVE
    6. The Dark Within (Story - Earth - Hive)
    7. The Dark Beyond (Story - Moon - Hive)
    8. The World's Grave (Story - Moon - Hive)
    9. Chamber of Night (Story - Moon - Hive)
    10. The Summoning Pits (Strike - Moon - Hive)
    ACT III: FRUIT OF THE GARDEN
    11. A Stranger's Call (Story - Venus - Vex)
    12. Ishtar Collective (Story - Venus - Vex)
    13. Eye of a Gate Lord (Story - Venus - Vex)
    14. Exclusion Zone (Story - Mars - Cabal)
    15. Rising Tide (Story - Mars -Vex)
    16. The Garden's Spire (Story - Mars - Cabal)
    17. The Black Garden (Story - Mars - Vex)
    INTERLUDE I: MARS, THE BRINGER OF WAR
    18. The Buried City (Story - Mars - Cabal)
    19. Cerberus Vae III (Strike - Mars - Cabal)
    20. The Dust Palace (Strike - Mars - Cabal)
    ACT IV: PRAEDYTH'S REVENGE
    21. The Nexus (Strike - Venus - Vex)
    22. The Archive (Story - Venus - Fallen)
    23. The Vault of Glass (Raid - Venus - Vex)
    ACT V: THE DARK BELOW
    24. The Sword of Crota (Story - Moon - Hive)
    25. Fist of Crota (Story - Earth - Hive)
    26. Siege of the Warmind (Story - Earth - Hive)
    27. The Wakening (Story - Moon - Hive)
    28. Will of Crota (Strike - Earth - Hive)
    29. Crota's End (Raid - Moon - Hive)
    ACT VI: HOUSE OF WOLVES
    30. Scourge of Winter (Story - Venus - Fallen)
    31. Winter's Run (Strike - Venus - Fallen)
    32. A Kell Rising (Story - Venus - Fallen)
    33. The Silent Fang (Story - Earth - Fallen)
    34. The Ruling House (Story - Earth - Fallen)
    35. Wolves' Gambit (Story - Venus - Fallen)
    36. Queen's Ransom (Story - Venus - Fallen)
    37. The Shadow Thief (Strike - Moon - Fallen)
    38. Skolas' Revenge (Raid† - Reef - Fallen)
    INTERLUDE II: RETURN OF THE VEX
    39. The Undying Mind (Strike - Venus - Vex)
    40. Echo Chamber (Strike - Venus - Vex)††
    ACT VII: ORYX, THE TAKEN KING
    41. Shrine of Oryx (Story - Moon - Hive)
    42. The Coming War (Story - Phobos - Taken)
    43. Cayde's Stash (Story - Earth - Taken)
    44. The Dreadnaught (Story - Dreadnaught - Taken)
    45. The Sunless Cell (Strike - Dreadnaught - Hive)
    46. Enemy of my Enemy (Story - Dreadnaught - Taken)
    47. Lost to Light (Story - Moon - Taken)
    48. The Promethean Code (Story - Earth - Taken)
    49. Last Rites (Story - Moon - Taken)
    50. Regicide (Story - Dreadnaught - Taken)
    ACT VIII: THE TAKEN WAR
    51. Shield Brothers (Strike - Dreadnaught - Cabal)
    52. Blighted Coven (Story - Earth - Taken)
    53. Paradox (Story - Venus - Taken)
    54. Tenebrous Tunnels (Story - Mars - Taken)
    55. Outbound Signal (Story - Dreadnaught - Taken)
    56. Kings of Decay (Story - Earth - Taken)
    57. Entropy's Pinnacle (Story - Venus - Taken)
    58. Winter's Run (Taken) (Strike - Venus - Taken)
    59. Summoner's Circle (Story - Dreadnaught - Taken)
    60. Fear's Embrace (Story - Phobos - Taken)
    ACT IX: KING'S FALL
    61. King's Fall (Raid - Dreadnaught - Hive)
    62. Pretender to the Throne (Story - Dreadnaught - Taken)
    63. Blighted Chalice (Strike - Moon - Taken)
    INTERLUDE III: WOLVES OF MARS
    64. A New Den (Story - Mars - Fallen)
    65. Knock, Knock (Story - Mars - Fallen)
    66. Prime's Path (Story - Mars - Fallen)
    ACT X: RISE OF IRON
    67. Fallen S.A.B.E.R. (Strike - Earth - Fallen)
    68. King of the Mountain (Story - Earth - Fallen)
    69. The Walls Come Down (Story - Earth - Fallen)
    70. The Plaguelands (Story - Earth - Fallen)
    71. Download Complete (Story - Mars - Cabal)
    72. Iron Tomb (Story - Earth - Fallen)
    73. Bad Blood (Story - Earth - Fallen)
    74. The Wretched Eye (Strike - Earth - Fallen)
    75. The Abomination Heist (Strike - Moon - Fallen)
    76. Sepiks Perfected (Strike - Earth - Fallen)
    77. Wrath of the Machine (Raid - Earth - Fallen)

Assignments, rules, and the recordings/history of our community run will also be found AT THIS GOOGLE SITE

I will be updating a Google Site (https://sites.google.com/view/pax-arcadia-legacy/home) and this thread with any rule changes that come up as a result of the community. Assignments will be posted here in this thread and on the google site.

How to participate
    1) TO SIGN UP FILL OUT THIS GOOGLE FORM, sign-ups will remain open for a week or two.
    2) If you want to help with the Google site, send me a PM and we will talk about giving you edit access.
    3) If you wish to propose rule changes, make a post. If you agree with a proposed rule change, hit the agree button.
    4) If you have other ideas on how to help, or wish to help with the administration of this, please send me a PM.

CURRENT STATUS
    95df4hbau628.png

GMaster7 on
    PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
  • AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    New thread feels as good as a pair of new socks. Mmm.

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    Hmm....I wonder how many threads we have until D2 actually hits.

I figure that at least one thread will be sacrificed upon the altar of the Beta.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • HermanoHermano Registered User regular
    Tbh, I was expecting the new thread to be a little fresher, with more new content. This is more of an expansion to the old thread imo

PSN- AHermano
  • RemingtonRemington Registered User regular
    Thread 1.5 more like

• Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    i don't know, what makes this a worthy new thread? feels a bit Thread 1.5 to me. :P

I wanted to give Hermano side eye but instead he'll get an awesome for clearly being faster than you two.

• 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    This thread's not even in beta yet, we have more thread reveals to go, quit whining!

Wow, this thread is NOTHING like the last thread, this thread has a BRAND NEW SUBPOST, it may look like the one you're familiar with but trust me, if you look closely you can see that it is a placeholder rather than a temporary holding post, two COMPLETELY different things that handle in COMPLETELY different ways, a staff is NOTHING like a blade, etc.

• DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    I mean this is clearly a shit thread. But whatever I'll spend way too much of my life in it and enjoy every moment of it.

Still shit.

616610-1.png
  • awsimoawsimo a perfectly cromulent human; definitely not a robot Registered User regular
    Honestly, the last thread was great but in a lot of ways felt like an extended beta. Maybe this will be the real thread they meant to make in the first place.

• HermanoHermano Registered User regular
    edited May 2017
    Wow so I don't want to keep complaining but I'm reading this thread on the ps4 browser and I have to say the controls are awful, and I can't seem to get more than 30 posts per page, what the hell, Ski?
    :heartbeat:

Hermano on

PSN- AHermano
    I noticed in the OP the words "PAX ARCADIA." Those words have 3 letters and 7 letters respectively. I think that means the Beta comes out on July 3rd.

• Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    Hermano wrote: »
    Wow so I don't want to keep complaining but I'm reading this thread on the ps4 browser and I have to say the controls are awful, and I can't seem to get more than 30 posts per page, what the hell, Ski?
    :heartbeat:

consider yourself lucky. reading it on the Edge browser cuts half the thread out altogether.

• awsimoawsimo a perfectly cromulent human; definitely not a robot Registered User regular
    edited May 2017
    Hey I don't wanna hear any complaints from PS4 folks. You guys are reading content in this thread that Xbros won't even see for a year!
    :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat:

More like Activi$$$$$ion, amiright

awsimo on
  • 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    What I want to know is when Bungie will crack down on people lag-switching to go flawless in starting new threads. It's totally unfair.

I just remembered that I'm going to be traveling from July 15 to July 25, which is PRIME beta territory. Pray for 7/4 to 7/11, friends.

• tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    Placeholder response, pending new thread Beta.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
    The current theory is July 17 due to that whole glimmer thing during the reveal. But that's a Monday, which would be pretty weird.

How long was the beta D1? I remember it being pretty lengthy, but that might just be because I played the everlovin' crap out of it.

I thought it was just a Friday-Sunday thing, and then they opened up the Moon for a couple hours on Sunday.

awsimo wrote: »
    How long was the beta D1? I remember it being pretty lengthy, but that might just be because I played the everlovin' crap out of it.

I think it was a week? I, too, played a ton of it, and it all blurs together. I was supposed to be studying for the bar at the time, but that was basically all I did that week.

Oh, dang. This is saying it was 10 days for PS4 owners

http://destiny.wikia.com/wiki/Destiny_Public_Beta

Yeah, it was July 17 to July 27 on PS4, looks like. The Alpha was June 12 to June 15. Both were so mind-blowingly amazing and inspiring

I actually ended up really turned off by the beta. Thank god I bought it anyway.

• ElementWrathElementWrath Perplexingly Soft MichiganRegistered User regular
    GMaster7 wrote: »
    awsimo wrote: »

I think it was a week? I, too, played a ton of it, and it all blurs together. I was supposed to be studying for the bar at the time, but that was basically all I did that week.

This man has his priorities in order.

Yeah, it was July 17 to July 27 on PS4, looks like. The Alpha was June 12 to June 15. Both were so mind-blowingly amazing and inspiring

Well fine, just successfully look that up before I could. Fine.

I'll just attack you with nostalgia.

edited May 2017
    Remington wrote: »
    I actually ended up really turned off by the beta. Thank god I bought it anyway.

Oh man I remember playing the beta and completing it in like 4 hours (not even trying) while also getting to the beta level cap of 10 (I think it was). I then checked how many levels were supposed to be in game at launch (20) and thinking to myself, "Oh boy, I ain't so sure about this. It took me 4 hours to blow through 2 out of 4 planets and half the character levels." :?

But I got it anyway and have had countless hours of fun!

Axen on
    Beta got my buddy to buy a ps4 thanks to @GMaster7 providing an extra key. Was a great day.

616610-1.png
    Disrupter wrote: »
    Beta got my buddy to buy a ps4 thanks to @GMaster7 providing an extra key. Was a great day.

Wasn't Bale, was it? If so, he repaid me in spades

Axen wrote: »

Oh man I remember playing the beta and completing it in like 4 hours (not even trying) while also getting to the beta level cap of 10 (I think it was). I then checked how many levels were supposed to be in game at launch (20) and thinking to myself, "Oh boy, I ain't so sure about this. It took me 4 hours to blow through 2 out of 4 planets and half the character levels."\

Yeah man. Destiny actually didn't really click for me until I did VoG the first time. The only reason I played up till that point was because my girlfriend was utterly obsessed with it. But man, I got Vision of Confluence my first time through and, as someone who never played an MMO or really many RPGs, the idea of end-game content and unique gear/weapons kinda blew my mind.

Well fine, just successfully look that up before I could. Fine.

I'll just attack you with nostalgia.

My God. Beta Buddies. So beautiful.

That was a simpler time. @FyreWulff was our Defender of the OP then. Looks like my rebellion and theft of the crown turned him to a life of hard drugs and rock 'n' roll, or at least, a lot of Rock Band

edited May 2017
    Disrupter wrote: »

Wasn't Bale, was it? If so, he repaid me in spades
    Nah it was actually our third trials member who you filled in for that run. So if you never gave him that key you could of always been our third

Serves you right for being nice and stuff!

Disrupter on
    616610-1.png
  • cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Put up a Nightfall lobby for tuesday on the100.

• Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    Axen wrote: »

Oh man I remember playing the beta and completing it in like 4 hours (not even trying) while also getting to the beta level cap of 10 (I think it was). I then checked how many levels were supposed to be in game at launch (20) and thinking to myself, "Oh boy, I ain't so sure about this. It took me 4 hours to blow through 2 out of 4 planets and half the character levels." :?

Oh, trust me, those hours are counted...

• metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    Anyone else think the tank(s) shown in the reveal trailer look like Star Fox tanks?

• ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    edited May 2017
    I'm hearing leaks saying there will be two new elements in Destiny 2's future. Resulting in two new subclasses per class. For a total of 5 subclasses per class. Not necessarily in the base game.

Basing it off of supposed people who are leaking from the D2 testing build combined with the Titans mobile cover being Ice and the new weapon manufacturer, Veist, seemingly using a Poison elemental damage.

ObiFett on
  • BogeyBogey I'm back, baby! Santa Monica, CAModerator mod
    D3 to feature Dragon, Rock, and Psychic!

Also, you guys are awesome. Thank you so much for this first page! :o

Fitocracy: Join us in the SE++ group!
    XBox LIVE: Bogestrom | Destiny
    PSN: Bogestrom
  • VagabondVagabond Sans Gravitas Glimmer Mafia DonRegistered User regular
    New Destiny subclasses:
    rockpaperscissors.jpg

vq2TEKC.png
    XBL: Sans Gravitas, Steam, Destiny, Twitch
    Destiny Raid Groups: Team NATBurn, Team Fourth Meal (Disbanded)
    metaghost wrote: »
    Anyone else think the tank(s) shown in the reveal trailer look like Star Fox tanks?

Oh I was thinking Halo, but yeah I could see Star Fox.