As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Camp Comic] Tuesday, May 23, 2017 - Review

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited May 2017 in Camp Weedonwantcha

image[Camp Comic] Tuesday, May 23, 2017 - Review

Review

Review

http://campcomic.com/comic/430

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• Options
    xUsakoxUsako Registered User regular
    Linus is full of surprises. I wonder what else is in that box... I feel like there might be an item that would change a lot on camp...like a walkie talkie :o

• Options
    Android 21 3/7Android 21 3/7 Registered User regular
    ... *pokes fourth wall*

• Options
    thegoldsmiththegoldsmith Registered User regular
    Linus is smart enough, organised enough and careful enough to get very far in life.....why on earth was he left at camp?!

• Options
    briguybriguy Registered User regular
    Linus never found found pootopia.

I wonder what's on the island.

• Options
    mturner23462mturner23462 Registered User regular
    Do I spy caves to the north? I wonder what might be in the caves.

Has anyone else commented on the fact that Linus looks like an older Malachi http://campcomic.com/comic/411 ? They are also the only ones with shoes . Linus also happens to have a box of items that Malachi needed in the past doing a job Malachi seems to adore. Wonder what that all means.

• Options
    TrueLinkTrueLink Registered User regular
    I must study that map.

• Options
    The GorchThe Gorch Registered User regular
    They're surrounded by mountains. That explains why they're not aware that the apocalypse happened.

• Options
    Peter RoganPeter Rogan Registered User regular
    And yet the lost Admin building is not on the map of Linus. Clearly some things are going to remain hidden, and discoverable.

• Options
    te-kunte-kun Registered User regular
    @thegoldsmith Probably for the same reason the others have: Terrible parents.

• Options
    DMDannyDMDanny Registered User new member
    Can we see the full map somewhere? Love to copy it for a game that I run.

• Options
    Jinjur Ale Jinjur Ale Registered User regular
    I love it that he also wishes that he knew him sooner. Love the relationship of these two, like brothers or very close cousins.

• Options
    thegoldsmiththegoldsmith Registered User regular
    Can be please have a full map i want to make a minecraft version of camp

• Options
    RoaringRavenRoaringRaven Registered User regular
    These two are so great omg

• Options
    RoyellRoyell Registered User new member
    This makes me wonder; was Linus actually dropped off at camp? He seems significantly older than the other, and given his standoff behavior, I wonder if he didn't leave society of his own free will. Maybe he realizes that these kids will never have anywhere else to belong, so he just keeps it to himself that he knows how to leave.
    Or, he's actually the caretaker of the kids, and part of his responsibility is to not get too close.

• Options
    MechaBillMechaBill Registered User regular
    The map looks very much like a skull....

• Options
    OrzahnOrzahn Registered User new member
    edited May 2017
    Two things I've noticed. Malakai's map isn't half bad, it actually matches up quite nicely. Second thing, Linus does not know about the secret toilet spot.

Orzahn on
  • Options
    DublinDublin Registered User regular
    edited May 2017
    ah HA! That last line by Malachi really made my day, and it's not even 8 AM yet. :)

Dublin on
  • Options
    JReynoldsJReynolds Registered User regular
    Does anybody have the URL of Malachi's map? I'd like to compare.

Also: Impassible mountains to the north, cliffs with 90° slope to the south - what's on the east? We may never know....

• Options
    Also: making a map that's anywhere near accurate (distances, directions, etc) while only using whatever tools you can make yourself: totally badass. Kudos to both Linus and Malachi.

• Options
    Also also: Never mind, I found it:
    http://campcomic.com/comic/191
    I think Linus's map <i>shows</i> Shitrock Field, but doesn't label it (S.F. seems to correspond with the circle of trees north of the mess hall).

• Options
    poipoigirlpoipoigirl Registered User regular
    That is an impressive map.

• Options
    Eldarion27Eldarion27 Registered User regular
    I wonder - does Linus' map have the main office, or did he park in the same spot as Malachi to draw it?

• Options
    edited May 2017
    I used Malachi's old map to label the places on Linus's map.
    Edit: I messed up, I meant to put Malachi's up by the log.

briguy on
  • Options
    Hawk1966Hawk1966 Leiche Central FloridaRegistered User regular
    I wonder what's on the mysterious island? A cut-rate Duke Kong? Dinosaurs? An undiscovered tribe of kids? It could anything. . . or lots of cats.

And as much as I'd hate it. I support your need/wish for a break to make Volume #3 more cohesive. Do what's best for you and the comic.

• Options
    neuroflareneuroflare TempeRegistered User regular
    Apparently Linus is the REAL boss around camp. Dude needs to be in charge of everything. Or at least the logistics guy.

• Options
    neuroflare wrote: »
    Apparently Linus is the REAL boss around camp. Dude needs to be in charge of everything. Or at least the logistics guy.

I don't know. Neiman is ingenious enough to make his own rope out of hair.

• Options
    DublinDublin Registered User regular
    You know what? This map kinda reminds me of the map at the beginning of the Lord of the Rings novels.

• Options
    tabletable Registered User regular
    briguy wrote: »

I don't know. Neiman is ingenious enough to make his own rope out of hair.

Sometimes I wonder what Neiman uses it for. (honest question)

• Options
    SIXytSIXyt Esq STLRegistered User regular
    Am I alone in checking every 10 minutes for Fridays comic? Still holding out hope.

• Options
    The 7th ComradeThe 7th Comrade Registered User regular
    Still wondering what's in the Main Office.

• Options
    GedGed Registered User regular
    Gaddamn Katie and Adam, Malachi has grown so well as a character. He's made me like him way way beyond what I anticipated.

• Options
    Laika ClementineLaika Clementine Registered User regular
    I think Steve and Steven may have visited the island in that strip where they get washed ashore in the canoe. Or at least, that's my theory.

I love how this strip acknowledges Malachi's tendency for Aesop Amnesia with his pride!