As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

For Blood! For Glory! [For Honor]!

• Options
    FuriousJodoFuriousJodo Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    So Ubisoft kinda pulled a fast one on the nonprofessional streamers for this tournament;

This is kind of a bad look, honestly. Makes it seem like they brought the streamers in to try and squeeze extra viewers out of the ether.

Isn't this like, their whole purpose?

FuriousJodo on Twitch/PSN/XBL/Whatever else
  • Options
    Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    Centurion stamina drain game is insane if you get mixed up and don't break throws. Once he gets you into a wall, it's all but over.

Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    Went on a crazy tear last night for my final game which made me actively wonder if I was the host. 17-2 in a Dominion match as a Berserker. To cap it off, had a Warden begin sending hate messages during the same game....and during one message, I saw him standing motionless as he sent it and tossed his ass off a ledge.

Only problem now is to decide between this and Injustice.

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • Options
    KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    fsmith1 wrote: »
    Hiryu02 wrote: »
    Cent is really interesting. He has openers from lights and heavies. Also a really strong emphasis on knockdowns and stamina drains. I like the varied options. This guy backing you into a wall is going to be super dangerous.

Yep, his wallbang punish oneshots a Shinobi. It's on par with Berserker's OOS punish, but all it requires is a GB and a wall. His punches/kicks knockdown when revenged too, so he gets plenty of opportunity to do those leaping stabs, not sure if it's an infinite combo for the duration but that wouldn't surprise me. @Klyka highlights the wallbang combo in his new video, and shows that the kick is reactable if you have a dodge attack so at least there's that. If you're playing a char without a dodge attack though you're going to have a bad time.

EDIT: Whoops, forgot that he also gets an undocumented soft feint, so his charged heavy by itself is pretty much a 50/50. It seems like characters with fast lights might be able to interrupt the heavy with a quick stab, and I'm not sure how well the charged attack tracks if you dodge, but he could just throw the GB in that case anyway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Afqmnq7mjeI

Happy to see my video linked here, hope it helped some of you guys :)
    I spent quite a bit of time with the Centurion and the Shinobi over the weekend and they are both really fun to play!

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
    oh god yes. I love the centurion. I played my conq next to edges as well, this guy is built for me.

guaranteed heavy on all assassins? yea, sure. because fuck you orochi

a4irovn5uqjp.png
    Steam - NotoriusBEN | Uplay - notoriusben | Xbox,Windows Live - ThatBEN
  • Options
    Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular
    I started this up again. I like the changes they made, outside of removing sprint speed. Gotta go fast. In other news, I am still bad at this game and the centurion is the best

• Options
    ExtreaminatusExtreaminatus Go forth and amplify, the Noise Marines are here!Registered User regular
    I played about 10 levels worth of Shinobi yesterday. He's the first assassin class I've had fun with. He's a blast to play.

Did one duel as Centurion and if it wasn't for Klyka's Centurion video I'd have been lost. He's fun, but dense.

• Options
    KonphujunKonphujun Illinois, USARegistered User regular
    Centurion is a blast to play. He has so many options and his mixups are insane. My only complaint is the amount of options I have causes me to hesitate or hit the wrong thing at the wrong time. Gunna need to invest a bunch of time in him before I can really accomplish what I want.

Everything: Konphujun(#1458)
  • Options
    CampyCampy Registered User regular
    So I've been thinking about buying this game. Seemed really fun and also deep in the beta and I've got some some disposable cash again. Are the new characters only available via the season pass, or are unlockable in some other way?

• Options
    General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    edited May 2017
    If I remember correctly, the season pass gets them unlocked early. They should be unblockable for everyone else with in game currency at some point.

General_Armchair on
    3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
  • Options
    If I remember correctly, the season pass gets them unlocked early. They should be unblockable for everyone else with in game currency at some point.

Season pass gets them two weeks early, to be precise. They will be available after that for an undisclosed amount of in game currency. If they follow the Siege model, it will be an absurd amount of in game currency.

• Options
    General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    edited May 2017
    Also, with the original cast, all of the characters are PLAYABLE by default. You just can't change your gear. Which means no customizing your appearance and no stat upgrades for the modes that use gear stats. But you can play with the default appearance. I don't know if the DLC characters will be the same or not.

General_Armchair on
    3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
  • Options
    fsmith1fsmith1 Registered User regular
    Konphujun wrote: »

Season pass gets them two weeks early, to be precise. They will be available after that for an undisclosed amount of in game currency. If they follow the Siege model, it will be an absurd amount of in game currency.

Incorrect info. The early access is ONE week, and they cost 15k steel each to unlock for customization/gear once they have been unlocked five-ish days from now. 15k steel is around one to two weeks of completing all or most of the orders, which can usually be done in two hours or so gameplay the five days the orders refresh. Gameplay times/steel earned may vary, but in general if you play most days and don't buy a ton of cosmetics/gear packs/gear upgrades it's pretty easy to acquire the requisite steel even without the season pass.

• Options
    SonorkSonork CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2017
    Cent is a ton of fun and Shinobi is crazy.. Shinobi's kick is goddamn crazy stam drain and GB confirm into half your life + all your stam. I just spend the whole fight out of stam if they land one kick on me.. then I die. >_< Also I'm so used to lunging GB after parrying with valk and Kensei...right now on my cent parry gets me mostly nothing cause i'm fuckign awful and still try to GB. Gotta press that GB quick for his knee.. but again i suck. >_<

Sonork on
  • Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    fsmith1 wrote: »

Incorrect info. The early access is ONE week, and they cost 15k steel each to unlock for customization/gear once they have been unlocked five-ish days from now. 15k steel is around one to two weeks of completing all or most of the orders, which can usually be done in two hours or so gameplay the five days the orders refresh. Gameplay times/steel earned may vary, but in general if you play most days and don't buy a ton of cosmetics/gear packs/gear upgrades it's pretty easy to acquire the requisite steel even without the season pass.

Wow, didn't know about the 15k.

Then again, I also assumed this update wasn't free--and so far it appears to be, so long as you don't want it early? The comparison was made next to Overwatch. I've yet to buy any sort of cosmetic items (there are some animations I want, but I can't decide between them), so I've got ~40k saved up after having spent some on weapon upgrades and the occasional scavenger pack after going up a prestige level. 15k is a lot, but it's not terrible.

• Options
    edited May 2017
    Lol, well, this just put the current cries of omg so many cents/shinobis arglblargl into perspective. This is just season pass owners.

[–]RANDOMREDDITOR 343 points 22 hours ago
    I just realized this is just the first wave of the Centurion and Shinobi onslaught. We have no idea what's coming...

Hiryu02 on
    Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    By the time the non pass holders get to the cent/naruto I feel like most of us will be back to our mains knowing full well how to best combat the new fighters.

That's my goal anyway.

• Options
    From today's stream:

TLDR Summary:
    • There was a tournament on the stream. (Congratz Alex).
    • Roman is now Creative Director of For Honor, Congratulations!
    • For balancing the stats from the top 7% are used.
    • Spawn camping is an issue they are working on.
    • The pace of the coming week for changing character is going to slow down to concentrate on addressing the defensive meta.
    • Kensei , Orochi and Nobushi will get some love before focusing on the defensive meta.
    • Quit penalty has been postponed but it should be coming the next patch. Its a big one they are working on (thank god).
    • Damien looked into the camera many times, It was glorious.
    • It will take time to re put stat gauges. Don't expect it soon.
    • Shinobi's kicked is being looked at!
    • dodge roll is too powerful, testing to make dodge roll actually vulnerable. It will be removed!
    • Soon you will be available to remap controls.
    • They are waiting 2-3 weeks before deciding whether or not the new characters need balancing.

• Options
    orochis and nobushis can get fucked. fix the raider. I actually feel sorry for them.
    kenseis I'd say ok for fixing, if only because they are the only sam I'm willing to entertain playing.

a4irovn5uqjp.png
  • Options
    orochis and nobushis can get fucked. fix the raider. I actually feel sorry for them.
    kenseis I'd say ok for fixing, if only because they are the only sam I'm willing to entertain playing.

Raider buffs were added in the last patch. It's not as huge as a change as most were hoping for, but I've heard good things from raider mains especially in the mixup game. TL;DR: Any heavy or zone can be cancelled into stunning tap during startup even during combos, stunning tap can now chain into other attacks, stampede charge costs 40 stam instead of 60, stampede charge drains stamina the longer the enemy is carried 33 minimum 66 maximum, knee to the face wallbang does 15 dmg, stamina pool increased, most light attacks damage increased to 15.

• Options
    Ah, ok. My first point still stands.

Orochis and nobushis can still get fucked.

a4irovn5uqjp.png
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Well, they just dumpstered the centurion. Still gonna play him, but goddamn that was jumping the gun.

Edit: On console. Stated they basically had not updated console to be the same as PC yet, and part of the fix was nerfs that are supposedly ALREADY on PC.

Which makes me ask, of the people here having issues with Centurion, which of you are on PC?

Hiryu02 on
  • Options
    QanamilQanamil x Registered User regular
    I got in some games for the first time in over a month and the Raider does feel in a much better place, but not quite there yet.

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Hiryu02 wrote: »
    Well, they just dumpstered the centurion. Still gonna play him, but goddamn that was jumping the gun.

Edit: On console. Stated they basically had not updated console to be the same as PC yet, and part of the fix was nerfs that are supposedly ALREADY on PC.

Which makes me ask, of the people here having issues with Centurion, which of you are on PC?

?

I don't see anything about a crushing Centurion nerf on the subreddit.

• Options
    It was on there some days ago, but of course now I can't find the link. It was supposed to be in a patch to make console catch up to same version that's on PC.

• Options
    Hoo boy, nerfs or not the new characters have certainly made the 4v4 modes awful. There are so many ways to be stun-locked and interrupted now, 1vX scenarios against any of the new characters are just atrocious and practically impossible to escape from if your opponents know what they are doing. Revenge activation doesn't interrupt the majority of their attacks so you can't even count on that for a reprieve. Between the ranged GBs/heavies, endless 400ms hyperarmor kicks, and the sickle rain root of the Shinobi and all the pinning attacks, jabs, and kicks, and knockdowns that interrupt all attacks, stun, and do enormous stamina damage of the Centurion, playing any of those modes is just a total fuckfest now. Things are going to get worse tomorrow when everyone can unlock the characters. Seriously, barring significant changes to the new characters, expect to see virtually all Cents and Shinobis with a few token WLs and Wardens for the foreseeable future.

• Options
    Yeah, that ranged guard break is just brutal for 1vX.

• Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    I'll start playing the game again when my precious Orochi actually has some tools to use against people who just block.

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    SatsumomoSatsumomo Rated PG! Registered User regular
    edited May 2017
    I was about to jump back in, but yeah I've been reading how any 4v4 modes are just stupid because of all the CC. And then I saw this today:

Satsumomo on
  • Options
    I've only just picked this up having played back in beta, but I'm sure I remember WL's shield bash not being a knockdown during exhaustion. Seems a bit OP seeing how quick it comes out.

• Options
    Warlord is "a bit" op so it suits him fine.

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    That Warlord shove has always been a problem, imo

• Options
    edited May 2017
    mw5PwE.gif

Just replace everyone with Shinobis and centurions and it pretty much sums up servers atm.

Sonork on
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    Okay, how do I block or avoid the shinobis ranged chain attack???

• Options
    Arch wrote: »
    Okay, how do I block or avoid the shinobis ranged chain attack???

You can easily side step it or time a parry perfectly and counter it.

• Options
    ExtreaminatusExtreaminatus Go forth and amplify, the Noise Marines are here!Registered User regular
    It's also blockable like any other attack, you just have to know where it's coming from. And guard block one can be broken like a regular guard block and really screws them up.

• Options
    Now, I am trying not to overreact as it's not like I have been playing For Honor a lot lately, but after my first few games / first encounters today on PS4 with him....he seems like BS so far haha. Not trying to overreact though, fighting game, gotta get used to it.

Shinobi is all sorts of annoying, too.

• Options
    Shinobi is far more difficult to deal with than a Centurion. The Cent can only attack in straight lines, which is not super difficult to exploit once you get a feel for it. Well timed dodges really ruin his day and he has a pitiful health pool. Also he has extremely short range.

The Shinobi also has a tiny health pool but is way more versatile and can hurt you from every distance. Their kick is ridiculously good, lets them win trades, flows effortlessly into their chains and puts most characters out of range to hurt them. It is also not punishable on a miss/dodge which is like, what?

• Options
    Shinobi is far more difficult to deal with than a Centurion. The Cent can only attack in straight lines, which is not super difficult to exploit once you get a feel for it. Well timed dodges really ruin his day and he has a pitiful health pool. Also he has extremely short range.

The Shinobi also has a tiny health pool but is way more versatile and can hurt you from every distance. Their kick is ridiculously good, lets them win trades, flows effortlessly into their chains and puts most characters out of range to hurt them. It is also not punishable on a miss/dodge which is like, what?

Honestly, I think my big complaint right now is just how long either one can hold you down so that the rest of their 4-man team can beat the shit out of you.

• Options
    QanamilQanamil x Registered User regular
    I played some yesterday and kept getting wrecked by the Conq charging jump shield :|