The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Penny Arcade - Comic - Chirurgery

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited May 22 in The Penny Arcade Hub

imagePenny Arcade - Comic - Chirurgery

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here


Unknown User on
Skull2185Dark Raven XcloudeaglefightinfilipinocB557

Posts

  • HeWhoSeesHeWhoSees Registered User regular
    That poor ice cream man. What did HE do to deserve this?

    Andy Joe
  • PonyPony Registered User regular
    "So like... do you want the butterscotch ripple or...?"

    TofystedethRingoCommander ZoomRhesus PositiveAndy Joekime
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Just be glad he's not at cold stone or he'd make him sing.

    Besides based on his age he might have started this conversation.

    Shameless Link whoring updated Fridays starting 1/26/17
    http://exterminatorsassistant.blogspot.com/
  • Skull2185Skull2185 Pen-Pineapple-Apple-Pen Registered User regular
    I wish I was good at these types of games. The Surge looks great, but I know I'd give up in frustration. It happened with Dark Souls 2 and 3, and also with Bloodborne. Not talking myself into buying the game this time! Nope!

    ...It does look pretty cool, though.

  • MaximumSquidMaximumSquid Registered User new member
    I actually can't eat ice cream. . .
    Does the high amount of sugar in the product make you thirsty afterwards or is it actually a good idea on a hot day?

    Making a hard transition; if "The Surge" doesn't satisfy your thirst I can recommend Dead Cells early access at the moment

  • HenroidHenroid How do you get a centrist to change their mind? Take away their privilege.Registered User regular
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    I wish I was good at these types of games. The Surge looks great, but I know I'd give up in frustration. It happened with Dark Souls 2 and 3, and also with Bloodborne. Not talking myself into buying the game this time! Nope!

    ...It does look pretty cool, though.
    Making this kind of game requires walking on a thin-line easily slipped off. As harsh as Dark Souls is, it's not crafted to be bullshit-random-dice-roll difficult. It allows for observation and learning to overcome things that kill you (or prevent said death). The first game probably had the most slip-ups in that regard, with moments of "ha now you're just dead."

    I dunno anything about The Surge. Is it made by From Software? If so I'd trust them to handle the genre right. If not, be wary.

    Seeking artists for well-paid commissions. PM me.
    "Ultima Online Pre-Trammel is the perfect example of why libertarians are full of shit."
    - @Ludious
  • KalTorakKalTorak Way up inside your butthole, Morty. WAAAAY up inside there.Registered User regular
    Gabe has a history of abusing ice cream servers

    286470784_qPTMz-2100x20000.jpg

    QuidcB557
  • ziddersroofurryziddersroofurry Registered User regular
    For a minute there I thought the ice cream server was supposed to be the developer and became confused. Then I realized an ice cream game that came with a scoop peripheral might be kinda rad. I ended up imagining an entire line of games and peripherals involving serving people food but then began having flashbacks from my time working behind the counter at Taco Bell.

    Much like the overnight stocker/retail sales simulator I thought up and then quickly stopped thinking about there are some things I'd rather not help bring to fruition.

  • TofystedethTofystedeth veni, veneri, vamoosi Registered User regular
    My first CompSci professor used to work at Baskin Robbins when he was young. He said it gave him huge forearms.

    steam_sig.png
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Man I forgot about Gabe and icecream guy, I love that comic.

    Shameless Link whoring updated Fridays starting 1/26/17
    http://exterminatorsassistant.blogspot.com/
    Commander Zoom
  • Skull2185Skull2185 Pen-Pineapple-Apple-Pen Registered User regular
    Henroid wrote: »
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    I wish I was good at these types of games. The Surge looks great, but I know I'd give up in frustration. It happened with Dark Souls 2 and 3, and also with Bloodborne. Not talking myself into buying the game this time! Nope!

    ...It does look pretty cool, though.
    Making this kind of game requires walking on a thin-line easily slipped off. As harsh as Dark Souls is, it's not crafted to be bullshit-random-dice-roll difficult. It allows for observation and learning to overcome things that kill you (or prevent said death). The first game probably had the most slip-ups in that regard, with moments of "ha now you're just dead."

    I dunno anything about The Surge. Is it made by From Software? If so I'd trust them to handle the genre right. If not, be wary.

    Nah, it's made by the folks who did Lords of the Fallen, which was a not very good Souls clone. This one has been getting some praise though. Especially for its combat, which is apparently quite good.

  • LinktmLinktm Registered User regular
    I can't enjoy 75% of games nowadays because they're either some "Dark Souls Hard" style game or a Rogue-Like or some combination there-of. I don't have time for that kind of grind.

    Smrtnik
  • cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    edited May 23
    Protip: never ever ask the innocent question "hey, is this game, like, Bayonetta difficult or Dark Souls difficult?" on a video game forum because that will lead to a condescending, multi-paragraph screed about how you need to learn to dodge instead of just answering the question.

    This has happened to me twice now.

    cloudeagle on
    Switch: 3947-4890-9293
    Commander ZoomPreachercB557
  • VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    Protip: never ever ask the innocent question "hey, is this game, like, Bayonetta difficult or Dark Souls difficult?" on a video game forum because that will lead to a condescending, multi-paragraph screed about how you need to learn to dodge instead of just answering the question.

    This has happened to me twice now.

    This protip is intended to teach you to dodge the screed about learning to dodge.

    dennis
  • EntaruEntaru /bin/bash Registered User regular
    Vyolynce wrote: »
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    Protip: never ever ask the innocent question "hey, is this game, like, Bayonetta difficult or Dark Souls difficult?" on a video game forum because that will lead to a condescending, multi-paragraph screed about how you need to learn to dodge instead of just answering the question.

    This has happened to me twice now.

    This protip is intended to teach you to dodge the screed about learning to dodge.

    That protip has evasion +3

    Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • UshioUshio Registered User regular
    I actually can't eat ice cream. . .
    Does the high amount of sugar in the product make you thirsty afterwards or is it actually a good idea on a hot day?

    Making a hard transition; if "The Surge" doesn't satisfy your thirst I can recommend Dead Cells early access at the moment

    Glucose (Sugar) and Sodium (Salt) are good for you on a hot day as they help stop dehydration and Ice Cream has both and tastes great.

  • shadowysea07shadowysea07 Registered User regular
    Now I want ice cream and I don't have any ;_;

  • dennisdennis Registered User regular
    I really wish Surge was still a product, so they could sponsor this. Surge Presents: The Surge.

  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    dennis wrote: »
    I really wish Surge was still a product, so they could sponsor this. Surge Presents: The Surge.
    Surge is totally back https://www.surge.com/

    BjJ1TxL.png
    5ErTbVb.png
  • dennisdennis Registered User regular
    zerzhul wrote: »
    dennis wrote: »
    I really wish Surge was still a product, so they could sponsor this. Surge Presents: The Surge.
    Surge is totally back https://www.surge.com/

    Get out of here with your fake news.

  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    dennis wrote: »
    zerzhul wrote: »
    dennis wrote: »
    I really wish Surge was still a product, so they could sponsor this. Surge Presents: The Surge.
    Surge is totally back https://www.surge.com/

    Get out of here with your fake news.
    https://www.amazon.com/Surge-Citrus-Flavored-Soda-16fl/dp/B00M2OGS08/

    BjJ1TxL.png
    5ErTbVb.png
  • MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    zerzhul wrote: »
    dennis wrote: »
    zerzhul wrote: »
    dennis wrote: »
    I really wish Surge was still a product, so they could sponsor this. Surge Presents: The Surge.
    Surge is totally back https://www.surge.com/

    Get out of here with your fake news.
    https://www.amazon.com/Surge-Citrus-Flavored-Soda-16fl/dp/B00M2OGS08/

    Nobeard wrote: »
    You can even mount some non-animals...

    Steam:MichaelLC
  • dennisdennis Registered User regular
    zerzhul wrote: »
    dennis wrote: »
    zerzhul wrote: »
    dennis wrote: »
    I really wish Surge was still a product, so they could sponsor this. Surge Presents: The Surge.
    Surge is totally back https://www.surge.com/

    Get out of here with your fake news.
    https://www.amazon.com/Surge-Citrus-Flavored-Soda-16fl/dp/B00M2OGS08/

    Sad!

  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    pffffffffft

    BjJ1TxL.png
    5ErTbVb.png
  • RehabRehab Registered User regular
    In Atlanta Surge is plentiful at certain gas stations, but I could see it not being as readily available in other cities.

    Hell, most places around here still tend to even have Vanilla Coke. Finding some Jones Soda however, quite difficult.

    NNID: Rehab0
  • matth431matth431 Registered User new member
    KalTorak wrote: »
    Gabe has a history of abusing ice cream servers

    286470784_qPTMz-2100x20000.jpg

    Gabe isn't the one ice cream vendors need to be wary of - remember the "chuwero scoopslut" incident?

  • YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    matth431 wrote: »
    KalTorak wrote: »
    Gabe has a history of abusing ice cream servers

    286470784_qPTMz-2100x20000.jpg

    Gabe isn't the one ice cream vendors need to be wary of - remember the "chuwero scoopslut" incident?
    The Incident.
    933745305_NeYzp-2100x20000.jpg

    The origin of "chuwero".
    i-2tG6mZj.jpg



    MirkelcB557Andy JoeMoridin889
Sign In or Register to comment.