As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Visual Novels] Chaos;Head, Anonymous;Code, and Holy Night incoming! (more semicolons)

1151617181921»

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    I am trying to figure out what the art in Ladykiller in a Bind appeals to. It's the newer erotic 'yuri' VN by the writer of Analogue: a Hate Story and Hate Plus. The art is by Raide: who's responsible for the fantastic art in Katawa Shoujo, Analogue, and Hate Plus.

And yet the art in Ladykiller frankly sucks. Here we have an artist who was great at doing the 'anime' style trying to do something more western and being really bad at it. All the characters are badly proportioned, every face looks like a potato, and all the women look like huge, broad-shouldered, hyper-masculine men who just happen to have women parts and no beards.

I honestly don't understand.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    The Labyrinth of Grisaia ~Unrated Version~ just released. Now you can finally play the full game complete with uncensored dialog and scenese, not a cut 2/3rds version of it.

Seven months between a cut content (more than just ero) family friendly Stream release and the uncensored release of the origional game is frankly somewhat rediculous. Seven f'ing months.

• Options
    DrovekDrovek Registered User regular
    Holy shit Steins;Gate...

Several endings spoilers:
    I'm just starting my guide-run to get the True Ending and Kurisu's Ending. Already got all 4 other endings.

This thing really does know how to stab you in the gut and keeps on twisting. Several WTF worthy moments, specially considering the upbeat way the whole thing starts. After a certain point I'm just confused to all hell as to how many times Okabe has jumped, exactly what he has done in the line he's jumped to and what not. Though in a way I think he's also supposed to feel like that.

Only can say "damn..."

steam_sig.png( < . . .
  • Options
    Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    Whew, got the plat. That was way longer than I thought it'd be but well worth it in the end, even if I did despise the MC for a while there. Great story, even if the localisation was a bit messy at times.

So does the sequel pick up where this left off or does it play with some other wackiness? I think I'll have a few weeks break before I start it though, so it'll miss out on my GOTY vote.

Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • Options
    Zero, despite its name, is an alternate timeline sequel. It takes place in the Beta worldline.

• Options
    Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    Zero, despite its name, is an alternate timeline sequel. It takes place in the Beta worldline.

So the Okabe in Zero is the Okabe that
    comes up with the plan to save Kurisu?

Also, what's up with the PS4 version of Steins;Gate? I'm not seeing it on the store or even a trophy list for it. Is it just included in the PS4 version of Zero?

Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited March 2017
    428 is being localized for Steam and Ps4. This is not a drill. utASBcG.jpg

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Okay. What's that?

• Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    It's an artsyish VN from almost ten years ago that got some street cred because Famitsu gave it a perfect score. If you remember the terrible anime Canaan from... 8 years ago, that was a spinoff of it.

Its 'gimmicks', if you can even call them that, are that it uses primarily live action content for the 'art' and whatnot, and that it has multiple stories running in concert with a bazillion endings.

I never really got the hype myself, although I never played it, just read reviews and impressions. It looks like one of those bad Sega CD live action based things like Night Trap, only prettied up. I don't get the hype over a lot of VNs though, as even most of the ones with supposedly good writing or stories pain me in ways I can't describe. Ask me about the clusterfuck of unbelievably shitty writing and plot holes that is Baldr Sky sometime.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Okay. What's that?

Pretty sure I was gushing over it a few pages back...

And I consider Night Trap a classic. :(

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    The latest game in the science;series is getting localized:

16GafDl.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Av8LYoSEsKw

Guess I'd better hurry up and play Chaos;Head, even though they say this is stand alone.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Some big things happening:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVmyDtQ9Pr0

And:

This is the first Type-Moon official VN localization, and Spike Chunsoft are (finally) bringing over Chaos;Head and Anonymous;Code.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    cj iwakura wrote: »

This is the first Type-Moon official VN localization

This was already confirmed way back in April. They already confirmed that it would have a full English and Chinese localization a whole two months ago.

What is new is that we won't have to import it and in way more exciting news, that they're including the translated physical Materials with the official western version.

• Options

This was already confirmed way back in April. They already confirmed that it would have a full English and Chinese localization a whole two months ago.

What is new is that we won't have to import it and in way more exciting news, that they're including the translated physical Materials with the official western version.

Well, no one told me...

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    edited March 2023
    RISE FROM YOUR GRAVE

z3ezp8kx9pw5.jpg

I'm going to throw out a strong recommendation for Paranormasight, which I weirdly found without the help of this forum.

I am only part of the way in so I can't tell you how it all ends up or if it sticks the landing or whatever, but what I've played is compelling and fun.

Mild horror elements are at play, nothing on the level of Corpse Party so far. The vibes I get are more Zero Escape/Danganronpa. The major story conceit is (spoiled if you want to go in blind, but you find all this out within the first, like, 15 minutes or so of gameplay):
    You are a Curse Bearer with a special power to kill someone if they trip the trigger for your curse. You need to collect enough souls so that you can use a resurrection ritual to bring back somebody important to you. There are other Curse Bearers as well, and they are trying to curse you, but you don't know how. Gameplay revolves around trying to get the Bearers to trip your curse while avoiding tripping theirs. I think. Again, I'm not far into this and it could all go off the rails.

It's got near-universal praise and deserves it from what I can tell thus far. The art is fantastic.

joshofalltrades on
  • Options
    Been playing Chaos;Head too, and it's great so far, if wild(and the protag is a jerk).

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    So I finally finished Yu-No:
    https://iwakuraproductions.wordpress.com/2023/09/18/post-mortem-yu-no-the-girl-who-chants-love-at-the-end-of-the-world/

l2vuoxtukut2.png

TLDR - the game is a hot mess and not worth your time, despite its historic influence on the genre.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    edited September 2023

I've been playing Mahoyo on and off, and I noticed the localization messed up names (Shizuki being rendered as Sizuki in the dialogue box, for example).

Skeith on
    aTBDrQE.jpg