As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Friday the 13th : The Game] - Jason lives ... you wont. Out now PS4/Steam/Xbone

• Capt HowdyCapt Howdy Registered User regular
    *Schwing*

Steam: kaylesolo1
    3DS: 1521-4165-5907
    PS3: KayleSolo
    Live: Kayle Solo
    WiiU: KayleSolo
  • KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    God damn.

...those are some short shorts.

• ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Late May isn't what I would call early 2017 but whatever

I think that's why he slashed the 'early'. At least, that was my read on it. "'Early' is dead", in a way.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    God damn.

...those are some short shorts.

Everybody knows the bottom of the buttcheek is the most socially acceptable part

• joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Forar wrote: »

I think that's why he slashed the 'early'. At least, that was my read on it. "'Early' is dead", in a way.

It was less directed at what they're saying now and more directed at what they've been pretty much constantly telling anybody who asks about a release date

• Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular

Apparenlty part of the delay was on Sony's end. They wanted them to delay the game so they could put it up for preorders on the store. Then after that Sony Europe was dragging their feet on the certification.

Least thats what the devs states on the subreddit.

• UselesswarriorUselesswarrior Registered User regular
    edited April 2017

Early-ish

Uselesswarrior on
    Hey I made a game, check it out @ http://ifallingrobot.com/. (Or don't, your call)
  • KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular

Apparenlty part of the delay was on Sony's end. They wanted them to delay the game so they could put it up for preorders on the store. Then after that Sony Europe was dragging their feet on the certification.

Least thats what the devs states on the subreddit.

Ugh. 'Hollywood' affecting releases... :(

• darkmayodarkmayo Registered User regular
    For those who hadnt backed this one it is up for preorder now on steam.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/438740/Friday_the_13th_The_Game/

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • Capt HowdyCapt Howdy Registered User regular
    Steam: kaylesolo1
    3DS: 1521-4165-5907
    PS3: KayleSolo
    Live: Kayle Solo
    WiiU: KayleSolo
    edited May 2017
    2 days! I think we had a steam list going from the beta, if not PM me your steam ID and i'll add it to the main post.

darkmayo on
    Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
    joshofalltrades31 is my SteamID

@darkmayo

• Genji-GlovesGenji-Gloves Registered User regular
    When's the pre-load available? Hopefully get a look at this on launch day.

I didn't get a chance to play the beta so be going in fresh and then covered in blood shortly after.

• Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    When's the pre-load available? Hopefully get a look at this on launch day.

I didn't get a chance to play the beta so be going in fresh and then covered in blood shortly after.

One of the devs on their twitter says the keys should be going out once Microsoft, Sony, and Steam provided them.
    So....soon?

Got my steam code and have preloaded the game

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
    Launch times
    May 26th
    Steam launch: 12:00AM EST
    PS4 launch: 8:00AM PST
    XB1: 12:00AM EST

So who is up for playing on steam tonight (assuming servers don't crater, which they probably will)

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
    I'm down

• Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Haven't sent me my code yet.

Magic Pink wrote: »

Steam?

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
    darkmayo wrote: »

Steam?

PS4

one of the things the team was mentioning was a desire to have cross platform working. Hopefully that happens but I am not holding my breath.

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
    one of the things the team was mentioning was a desire to have cross platform working. Hopefully that happens but I am not holding my breath.

there is absolutely no way that will happen

if even blizzard can't do it, these folks certainly can't

there is absolutely no way that will happen

if even blizzard can't do it, these folks certainly can't

Was trying to think what Blizzard games where on consoles... my brain was like WoW isnt on consoles... derp... Overwatch, Diablo III

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
    I randomly check my email looking for my xbox one codes.

Me feelings every time

This is out on Steam in just over an hour

Get hype?

• KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    It's been unlocked on Steam for a little while now. Not sure exactly when, but earlier than scheduled.

Xbox Codes were sent. Check your Backer Kit

patching now on steam

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
    edited May 2017
    ended up in a match with a guy who was streaming, killed 5/7 and I had grabbed him as he was running to the cops and did the choke animation but he still survived. So either it was a bug with him surviving or a bug with me being able to grab him at that point.

darkmayo on
    Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
    My initial impression is that they've done some balancing in the counselors' favor since the beta

just did the one match myself my ping was like jumping up to 500ms here and there, still managed a decent run. You finding them more survivable?

that was my match at 26min (I'm not the streamer, I think around 30mins is where I catch the streamer..)

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
    I played one round as a counselor and one round as Jason

The round as the counselor I escaped in a car, like, 5 minutes into it with one other person, Jason only killed 3/7

The round as Jason I killed 4/8

During the beta I don't think anyone ever escaped me when I was Jason, and I only rarely escaped myself

• AngryPuppyAngryPuppy Registered User regular

Steam?

PS4

I'm AngryPuppyEsq on PSN if anyone is looking to group up. Not on as much or as late (UK) as I used to be with a small baby in the house but hit me up if you see me on.

PSN: AngryPuppyEsq
  • Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    Sirgrinchx, also UK, a friend has kindly given me his other kickstarter code. Can't wait to get this downloaded tonight!

Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
    Anybody around today? I've got some free time so I'm playing random matches.

• Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    I'll be on for my first ever game later tonight I think. Expect running in circles and confusion.

Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
    edited May 2017
    I just got off my first session.

Pretty poor game. The graphics are awful with TONS of clip-in ( my female counselor got inside a closet and here boobs were on the other side of the door, Jason found the Boob Closet pretty easily and plates hung on the wall are half wood), there's very little in game descriptions on what and how you do things and even the context specific control pop-ups rarely work. There's a "how to play" slide show at the main menu but it's woefully lacking in specifics. If Jason finds you, it's pretty much game over. Granted that's thematic but not very fun.

I don't think I'll be bothering with it again till they release the singleplayer stuff.

Magic Pink on
    I just got off my first session.

Pretty poor game. The graphics are awful with TONS of clip-in ( my female counselor got inside a closet and here boobs were on the other side of the door, Jason found the Boob Closet pretty easily and plates hung on the wall are half wood), there's very little in game descriptions on what and how you do things and even the context specific control pop-ups rarely work. There's a "how to play" slide show at the main menu but it's woefully lacking in specifics. If Jason finds you, it's pretty much game over. Granted that's thematic but not very fun.

I don't think I'll be bothering with it again till they release the singleplayer stuff.

thats unfortunate to hear, I never had seen a counselor clip through a closet that they were hiding in. There is lots of ways to get away from Jason but yea if his sights are set on you, you will likely bite it.

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • LilnoobsLilnoobs Alpha Queue Registered User regular
    Watching it on Twitch seems like they made about 0 changes from the beta. I could see this as it is, a $10-20 indie game. But a full priced game? Please.