As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

It's Back! - Again! (Page 3!!!)

13»

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    edited July 2016
    goddamn everything about OK soda is so 90's

like everyone says the most 90's things are grunge and skateboards and I'm not gonna say that's wrong

but for me it always comes back to that packaging

just this semi-overt attempt to distill everything about Xers down to a space that'll fit on a can of soda

then to succeed so brilliantly and still fail to make any money off of it

all of it is just so perfectly within the zeitgeist

Shorty on
  • TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    I have never heard of OK Soda

Was it regional?

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    Uriel wrote: »

Was it regional?

sort of

it was a coke product, but it never made it out of test markets

one of the test markets was, predictably, the Seattle area

• HeadCreepsHeadCreeps NOW IS THE TIME FOR DRINKING! Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    weird, I don't think I've ever heard of OK soda

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQFN45_puoY

Incidentally, after watching this, the music video for Black Hole Sun popped up under Related Videos

HeadCreeps on
    vEaRQgH.png
  • rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    We had it in the little rock area.

I liked it.

• existexist Registered User regular
    just want everyone to know i'd never heard of OK Soda before now but I could tell charles burns worked on the packaging in some way and i'm very smart!

UmPiq.png
  • RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    HeadCreeps wrote: »

Incidentally, after watching this, the music video for Black Hole Sun popped up under Related Videos
    Yeah that's about right

8406wWN.png
  • GreasyKidsStuffGreasyKidsStuff MOMMM! ROAST BEEF WANTS TO KISS GIRLS ON THE TITTIES!Registered User regular
    i got really excited yesterday because I guess Vanilla Coke is available in Canada again

i had a bottle and it was... pretty good. Not as vanilla-y as I remember it being when I was younger though

• rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    Someone on these boards introduced me to the glory of using coke freestyle machines to make dreamsicle coke (half orange coke half vanilla coke) and I'm still happy about that.

• Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular

Well...

Won't you come and wash away the rain?

• BillyIdleBillyIdle What does "katana" mean? It means "Japanese sword."Registered User regular
    I only learned about OK Soda a few years ago, and thought the whole marketing and packaging of it was really neat.

PSN: BillyIdle_
  • OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    exist wrote: »
    just want everyone to know i'd never heard of OK Soda before now but I could tell charles burns worked on the packaging in some way and i'm very smart!

Charles... Montgomery Burns?

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »
    Uriel wrote: »

Was it regional?

sort of

it was a coke product, but it never made it out of test markets

one of the test markets was, predictably, the Seattle area

We had in in eastern MA as well. My cub scout troop was obsessed. We even had a backup recipe made by mixing like four other sodas together after it went off the market.

If I'm honest, it was not a convincing replica.

• #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular

Well...

Won't you come and wash away the rain?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJSrirALy0U

• SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    It tastes like heavily diluted Pepsi

I got mine, put it back in the vault another 20 years.

sig.gif
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    rhylith wrote: »
    Someone on these boards introduced me to the glory of using coke freestyle machines to make dreamsicle coke (half orange coke half vanilla coke) and I'm still happy about that.

Oooooo

• AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    rhylith wrote: »

Oooooo

Back 10 years ago when I worked at a movie theater, I fell in love with Vanilla Sprite. I'm so glad I can make that with the freestyle machines.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • DurkhanusDurkhanus Commander Registered User regular
    It's back! Again! In Canada!

No, not the McRobbleRobble

No, not Crystal Pepsi.

k3h3j2slc9dt.jpg

Pepsi Throwback!

Just spotted them in a cooler, and bought myself one. Tasty! It's been a few years since they were available in Canada, so I am quite happy to have another round.

• BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Oh fuck I love Pepsi Throwback

if it comes back to the states I am screwed

CYpGAPn.png
  • TubeTube Registered User admin
    Buckethead is a little more than "solid" at playing guitar. He's considerably better than Slash. He is as much better than Slash as Slash is better than someone who doesn't play the guitar

• MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    I thought this was the McRib thread.

• webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    edited May 2017
    Tube wrote: »
    Buckethead is a little more than "solid" at playing guitar. He's considerably better than Slash. He is as much better than Slash as Slash is better than someone who doesn't play the guitar

After seeing Slash in concert with Velvet Revolver, his greatest strength is making it look so goddamn easy. He is just noodling away up there in his top hat and shades, cigarette hanging out of his mouth like it aint no thing and goddamn rock and roll is pouring out.

Buckethead is fucking amazing.

webguy20 on
    Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Well about OK Cola they had in Ft Collins CO
    It had a taste like carbonated tea I only say this because you could get carbonated tea overseas in various places but it was one of the many things that changed my opinion of tea

It's back!

88lctu6vd5wd.jpg

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I feel like this is an AI post

Well, I can't prove otherwise.