As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

No you can't type in your password (XP)

Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm aRegistered User, Disagreeable regular
edited November 2006 in Help / Advice Forum
My parents just got a new laptop (a Toshiba Satellite), and it's working pretty well, save for one big problem. If you log off a user (actually log off, not switch user), you can't log into another username. If you click on one, it'll bring up the enter password box, but you can't actually type anything in or click the button to log on.

I guess I can just turn on the "type in your stuff" log-on screen, but is there a way to fix this?

Garlic Bread on

• Options
    Chop LogicChop Logic Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    On my moms computer this happens sometimes too. If I just log on and off though real quick as someone who doesnt have a password, it works again fine.

Hope that helped, I'm not really sure what causes it though.

Chop Logic on
  • Options
    exoplasmexoplasm Gainfully Employed Near Blizzard HQRegistered User regular
    edited November 2006
    You should be able to select the password box by clicking in it, or pressing Tab to cycle through the selectable "features" of that screen.

If this doesn't help then you may need to dig around the googles or ms knowledge base. Generally when on my mom's computer I have to click the password box after clicking the user name in order to type in the password.

exoplasm on
    1029386-1.png
    SC2 NA: exoplasm.519 | PA SC2 Mumble Server | My Website | My Stream