As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Camp Comic] Friday, May 26, 2017 - Maptitude

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited May 2017 in Camp Weedonwantcha

image[Camp Comic] Friday, May 26, 2017 - Maptitude

Maptitude

Maptitude

http://campcomic.com/comic/432

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• Options
    briguybriguy Registered User regular
    Into the Deep Woods. I wonder what he hopes to find?

• Options
    Matt TalaminiMatt Talamini Registered User new member
    Malachi is pulling a classic Vorkosigan here. Nice!

• Options
    BytEfLUShBytEfLUSh Registered User regular
    edited May 2017
    Oooh, a storyline... And the Main Office!

But I have a bad feeling about this. I'm afraid to say this but... could this be the final storyline?
    Read "Update update" in the "News" section. I know that it's only about maybe taking a short break, but something similar was said when Skadi's final storyline began. Let's just hope that I'm wrong about this. :)

BytEfLUSh on
  • Options
    KatieJRiceKatieJRice Registered User regular
    BytEfLUSh wrote: »
    But I have a bad feeling about this. I'm afraid to say this but... could this be the final storyline?
    Read "Update update" in the "News" section. I know that it's only about maybe taking a short break, but something similar was said when Skadi's final storyline began. Let's just hope that I'm wrong about this. :)

Don't worry, we still have more stories we want to tell with Camp W. I purposefully ended Skadi the way I did so that it felt like an end, but was open enough that one day I could return to it, if I felt like doing so. Adam and I are definitely not done with Camp, though. :]

• Options
    KatieJRice wrote: »

Don't worry, we still have more stories we want to tell with Camp W. I purposefully ended Skadi the way I did so that it felt like an end, but was open enough that one day I could return to it, if I felt like doing so. Adam and I are definitely not done with Camp, though. :]

*deep sigh of relief*
    I mean we haven't even got all of their names yet, not to mention backstories.

• Options
    Laika ClementineLaika Clementine Registered User regular
    WE'RE GONNA LEARN LINUS' BACKSTORY, EEEEEEEEEEE!

• Options
    BytEfLUShBytEfLUSh Registered User regular
    KatieJRice wrote: »

Thank you very much for your reply. That's certainly a relief. Ever since the previous News update (from March) I was afraid the comic might end soon. However, even if it were to end (as it will some day), I would be sad, but I would also thank you for the amazing comic. :)

• Options
    edited May 2017
    I wonder if Linus has some connection to Protokid or one of the other kids that disappeared into the deep woods. We saw some of the remains of unfortunate people, but what if he knew someone else that went in there and never came out?

briguy on
  • Options
    pacovfpacovf Registered User regular
    Just logging in to say that the way Malachi idolizes Linus is really sweet. Linus saying that he wished he had met Malachi earlier (in the previous strip) made me feel all fuzzy inside.

• Options
    Hawk1966Hawk1966 Leiche Central FloridaRegistered User regular
    Famous last words. . . well, right before "Oh my god, it's eating my legs!!"

• Options
    FellowFellow Registered User regular
    Hmm. I just noticed that Linus still has shoes. I wonder if that's related to him staying out of those woods.

• Options
    Three Headed MonkeyThree Headed Monkey Registered User regular
    edited May 2017
    Ah, the Deep Woods. Home of the Pygmy Bandar, the Skull Cave and, of course, The Phantom! The Ghost Who Walks! The Man Who Cannon Die!

Three Headed Monkey on
  • Options
    VengeSimVengeSim Registered User new member
    Anyone notice that in the flashback his inside and outside shirt are flip-flopped? I wonder why that is.

• Options
    XastionXastion Registered User regular
    @Vengesim my suspicion is he grew into the shirt so before he used it as an outside shirt and now that he's taller he uses it as an undershirt. The one thing they teased us with was not saying how long Linus had been there when Malachi saw his calendar. My impression is Linus has been at camp well over a year but before Malachi never interacted with the other campers much, if at all.

• Options
    SynticSyntic Registered User regular
    Clearly that door in the hill that Malachi "didn't" miss is where the stock of green shirts is kept.

Seriously that's the big Mystery here is why some kids have yellow shirts while others have green shirts.

• Options
    DrAlleconDrAllecon Registered User regular
    That last panel reminds me of some of my favorite, very early, Peanuts cartoons.

• Options
    triggertrigger Registered User regular
    DrAllecon wrote: »
    very early, Peanuts cartoons.

Agreed! That was my first thought. It's a beautiful panel.

• Options
    The 7th ComradeThe 7th Comrade Registered User regular
    Waaaait a second Linus has a Green shirt. As a newbie. This is interesting. Veeery Interesting

• Options
    The shirt colors sort of come up in one of the extra strips (Malachi's first day) in the Volume 1 book.

• Options
    thegoldsmiththegoldsmith Registered User regular
    Linus could be looking for a way out. I mean he mapped the mountains to the north, the ravine to the south, the ocean/giant lake to the west and the deep woods form the eastern boundary if there is nothing on the other side the only way out of camp is through the most dangerous place there.

• Options
    SkizzSkizz Registered User regular
    Ohhhh, which one are they going to check out first?

• Options
    The GorchThe Gorch Registered User regular
    Looks like we're off on another wild adventure, folks! Stay tuned for wacky hijinks!

• Options
    DA_PADA_PA Registered User new member
    I'll be glad if we're going to learn more about the camp's Main Office, shown in comic #191.

• Options
    AdamRWAdamRW Registered User regular
    The Gorch wrote: »
    Looks like we're off on another wild adventure, folks! Stay tuned for wacky hijinks!

Let's keep everyone's expectations in check. Stay tuned for low- to medium-jinks.

• Options
    SargeSarge Registered User regular
    AdamRW wrote: »
    The Gorch wrote: »

Let's keep everyone's expectations in check. Stay tuned for low- to medium-jinks.

Awww... my jinks meter is calibrated for medium-high. :( Now I have to re-calibrate it.

• Options
    GedGed Registered User regular
    Man, I love how you guys have given Malachi this Calvin-esque thing where he is occasionally self-aware. You guys are making one of my favorite comics.