As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Friday the 13th : The Game] - Jason lives ... you wont. Out now PS4/Steam/Xbone

• darkmayodarkmayo Registered User regular
    Lilnoobs wrote: »
    Watching it on Twitch seems like they made about 0 changes from the beta. I could see this as it is, a $10-20 indie game. But a full priced game? Please.

3 Maps, level based cosmetics for counselors, skills are active, traps for Jason, Throwables a few more weapons, more counselors and yea the single player yet to come. Not much has changed in the core gameplay, if it was a game you were on the fence on when playing beta then yea it isnt going to be vastly different than what you experienced. Price point seems to be the main complaint that people are having.

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Watching it on Twitch seems like they made about 0 changes from the beta. I could see this as it is, a $10-20 indie game. But a full priced game? Please.

I only paid 39.99 which seems fine.

There's a lot of issues right now but they have a lot of stuff in the pipe and I assume the stuff I listed is easy to fix.

• Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    I didn't play the beta and I've just had my first match as a camper. I'm not entirely sure what I was meant to be doing but I enjoyed running around, hiding and climbing through windows. At the end of the match two people jumped in the car right in front of me, I tried to get in the back passenger door but I guess you can't? Anyway, they drove off, then Jason appeared in front of them and they did a loop around the road and headed back towards me, running me over!

Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Mr_Grinch wrote: »
    I didn't play the beta and I've just had my first match as a camper. I'm not entirely sure what I was meant to be doing but I enjoyed running around, hiding and climbing through windows. At the end of the match two people jumped in the car right in front of me, I tried to get in the back passenger door but I guess you can't? Anyway, they drove off, then Jason appeared in front of them and they did a loop around the road and headed back towards me, running me over!

I guess they were telling you... you had to hit the road....

csimiamiyeah.gif

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    What a tyresome pun.

• jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    Mr_Grinch wrote: »
    The main gameplay loop for the counselors is trying to find escape equipment (keys / battery for car, gas for boat / car, radio for Big Damn Hero, power / phone for police) while evading Jason. You get the most points for killing Jason, escaping via vehicle, then escaping via cops (in that order).

There are a bunch of different Jasons with a variety of powers, but the short version is that you're trying to stop the above from happening. You do this by teleporting around the map and being clever (denying the counselors access to escape resources and dispatching them quickly), and rack up points by harassing them, keeping them afraid, and using a variety of methods to kill them.

Staying away from Jason sort of depends on the Jason you're facing. I've been watching streams to figure it strategies, but they seem like they're still evolving. Carefully going in and out of cabins, using distraction items (flare guns, fire crackers, radios) seems to be key, but those are limited resources while Jason is (mostly) infinite.

It definitely looks fun to play as a group.

I'll be on late tonight, UK time about 10:30ish I think if anyone fancies a game. PS4 (SirGrinchX)

• joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Damn, I'm on Steam. Would love to play with ya Grinch

• LilnoobsLilnoobs Alpha Queue Registered User regular
    Pretty much unplayable on the Xbone. Public servers are down and "private" servers constantly get timed out. In 3 games that I actually got a full run in, i got stuck in a wall and couldn't move and Jason became unhittable at another point.

This game is completely a work in progress. Let's hope it improves.

• KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    I've got friends coming over soon for a board game and bad movie night that will go late, but tomorrow my wife is going to take the kids with her to visit her parents and they won't be back until Monday evening. So if anyone is up for playing tomorrow afternoon/evening/night on Steam I'd love to get some games in.

• Capt HowdyCapt Howdy Registered User regular
    Getting real tired of not finding open matches on PS4.

Steam: kaylesolo1
    3DS: 1521-4165-5907
    PS3: KayleSolo
    Live: Kayle Solo
    WiiU: KayleSolo
    There's been a suggestion to join F13th communities and sort private matches out through them as a temporary work around. I've signed up to a couple of UK ones. Private matches work if you can get passed the whole "Database Error" message when booting up. I managed to get one up and running but it was just a friend and I. He was Jason. Turns out one counselor makes for a pretty short match.

I'm going to try and get another match set up for this time tomorrow. Are there enough PA folks here to set up a PS4 F13th community?

For a game that solely relies on multiplayer, they made some odd choices with P2P connections, no host migration, and skimping on servers.

What groups are people talking about? Facebook groups? Forum groups? I'm more than happy to get a PA group going on PS4.

• UselesswarriorUselesswarrior Registered User regular
    Man that all sounds really rough. Going to hold off on this one until people have had chance to play it and the devs have done some patching.

Hey I made a game, check it out @ http://ifallingrobot.com/. (Or don't, your call)
  • Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    If you are on xbox. After you get to the main menu. Go to the social hub and use the LFG tab and you can join lobbies that way.

PS4 players feel free to add KayleSolo. I'm an easy kill.

Got to play as Jason on my very first match, only killed 2 counselors. Was starting to figure out the game when the connection terminated.

Anyone else just have all their CP get erased, along with their badges?

• joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Looks like they're migrating their servers right now

I'm on Dead By Daylight right now if anyone needs help scratching that asymmetrical itch

• Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    Capt Howdy wrote: »
    Anyone else just have all their CP get erased, along with their badges?

They have been having an issue with their DB that makes this appear to happen. The devs are saying when its resolve you should get everything back. Full Power Cycles on consoles or ending steam process and relaunching is a temp solution.

Figured out that the headphones that came with my S8 have a built in Mic. Totally different game when you can communicate with other counselors.

Communication is pretty much mandatory

I'm sad so many people are holding off. It's still a really fun game! It would be a lot more fun if I didn't have to go pub stomping.

Game is giving me some Harmony of Despair flashbacks when it comes to matchmaking.

• MuffinatronMuffinatron Registered User regular
    Downloading this now on PS4, so I'll be adding a few of you from here.

If anyone wants to add me my PSN ID is Holy-Promethium

PSN: Holy-Promethium
  • KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    I'm sad so many people are holding off. It's still a really fun game! It would be a lot more fun if I didn't have to go pub stomping.

I really liked the beta but don't see myself buying it anytime soon. My plate is pretty full of other stuff, and Destroyah just gifted me Nier too so it's only getting more full.

I got the Chad is a Dick achievement by accident. I fixed a car by myself and when I found the keys there was only one guy near me. I called him over and was like WE OUT MOTHER FUCKER! I got in and started the car. He apparently was confused and never got in the car and I drove away clean and I was like "oh shit" when I got that achievement.

• StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited May 2017
    Watching videos, the game seems like early access than a $40 finished product. When stunned, Jason frequently has no animation for it and just....stands there. No indication of how long it'll take or anything. Also there is apparently just one line from Mama Vorhees when Jason is incapacitated, so I hope you like hearing about how Jason can't die.
    For a game that solely relies on multiplayer, they made some odd choices with P2P connections, no host migration, and skimping on servers.
    It's literally an indie game that got a dormant IP to shrug and hand over video game rights. But apparently not a lot of money because woof.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Dang I wanted to snag this but sounds rough still. Hope things improve, I love assymeteic vs games like this.

It's rough but what little I've played has been super fun.

I've enjoyed every match I've played, but these little bugs should have been ironed out after the long delay.

Still loving the game, though.

• darkmayodarkmayo Registered User regular
    yea not too happy with the server issues, so I can fully understand why people are unhappy atm. Watched Jim Sterlings impression on it and he was not having much fun, looked like they were doing ok got the car repaired and ready then they all hopped in. Jason stopped the car, they all get out and stun Jason with melee. Unfortunately they do that right in front of the car. They all pile back in driver tries to drive off.. bam car gets Jason smacked again after he gets unstunned. Repeat 4 more times until Jim runs off.

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
    edited May 2017
    Watching videos, the game seems like early access than a $40 finished product. When stunned, Jason frequently has no animation for it and just....stands there. No indication of how long it'll take or anything. Also there is apparently just one line from Mama Vorhees when Jason is incapacitated, so I hope you like hearing about how Jason can't die.
    It's literally an indie game that got a dormant IP to shrug and hand over video game rights. But apparently not a lot of money because woof.

Meh. They had a successful Kickstarter and aren't charging an "indie" game price, so I'm not giving them that free pass. I don't really buy their "we're only 10 people! we didn't know". That's just piss poor market research and planning on their part. They have one of the largest horror IP's in history and successfully completed a sub million dollar Kickstarter campaign, beating their own goal.

Though, It'll be great once the servers and the quick find matches are working again. It is pretty fun and intense when you get a game going, I'm sure it'll even be better once we can buy perks, level up, and play reliably.

Lilnoobs on
  • MuffinatronMuffinatron Registered User regular
    edited May 2017
    Finally managed to get in and play some games.

I seem to be super unlucky and have Jason teleport on me straight away every game as a counsellor which is super frustrating because I don't get a chance to do anything.

As Jason though I'm absolutely destroying. I haven't quite got the hang of the shift ability but it doesn't seem to get in the way that much.

The One For Good Measure trophy on PS4 is bugged in a good way, I killed 6 counsellors and Tommy Jarvis and it popped, and on my very first game as Jason too. I so very nearly had the last one as well but missed the grab by a hair and then they ran to the police.

Muffinatron on
    PSN: Holy-Promethium
    The biggest problem I have with quick match, other than the time out issues, is getting stuck with the dregs of PSN. Within 20 seconds of joining my very first match, the N word started flying. I've heard people ratting out locations of counselors, and one person drove the car leaving a group behind.

That's the nature of the beast, I suppose.

I am going to be that one person driving away and selling people out as much as possible. There's no etiquette here, I'm in B movie horror land!

I've been equally screwed over and found it hilarious.

• DacDac Registered User regular
    I need to work on my game, or something. Having a really hard time figuring out how to evade Jason once he's on me. Like, even if I get a stun on him, and use my full stamina bar running away, he can just 1 in my general direction, sniff me out again with 2, and then 3 onto me again, and now I have no stamina to get away.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    Dac wrote: »
    I need to work on my game, or something. Having a really hard time figuring out how to evade Jason once he's on me. Like, even if I get a stun on him, and use my full stamina bar running away, he can just 1 in my general direction, sniff me out again with 2, and then 3 onto me again, and now I have no stamina to get away.

Out in the open, it's pretty hopeless. At that point, you have to use that you can go in and out of windows while Jason can't to waste his time. And even then, you can jus waste a bunch of his time which might allow others to get away. If he wants to waste minutes stalking and laser focusing one person then others will just peace out uninterrupted.