As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Camp Comic] Tuesday, May 30, 2017 - Food for Thought

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited May 2017 in Camp Weedonwantcha

image[Camp Comic] Tuesday, May 30, 2017 - Food for Thought

Food for Thought

Food for Thought

http://campcomic.com/comic/433

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• zethololozethololo Registered User regular
    edited May 2017
    OOOOOOHHHHHH S************T!

zethololo on
  • zethololozethololo Registered User regular
    SOLVE ALL THE MYSTERIES!

• briguybriguy Registered User regular
    You can never know the unknowable.
    We are but star dust, drifting through space, living in the moment.

Oh, you meant specifically at the camp?
    Well, uh, that's simple, you weren't wanted. I mean, it's right in the name.

• MetalCottonMetalCotton Registered User regular
    edited May 2017
    briguy wrote: »
    You can never know the unknowable.
    We are but star dust, drifting through space, living in the moment.
    Alright there, Grif. Relax.

Meanwhile here's Linus casually asking the question that's bugged me since issue #1.

MetalCotton on
  • xUsakoxUsako Registered User regular
    Is...is the plot thickening? Will the kids at camp finally start searching for answers?!

• DublinDublin Registered User regular
    I want to adopt Linus.

• XastionXastion Registered User regular
    Yea, I'm with Briguy on this one. It's not really a mystery. But poor Linus wants there to be reason.

• PyrianPyrian Registered User regular
    That's not a hidden cat, that's a tree throwing up horns like at a metal concert.

• Wizard4169Wizard4169 Registered User regular
    Ah, yes, the rarely-seen Western Slope Headbanger tree.

• Louis70Louis70 Registered User new member
    It’s one of life’s great mysteries isn't it? Why are we here? I mean, are we the product of some cosmic coincidence, or is there really a God watching everything? You know, with a plan for us and stuff. I don’t know, man, but it keeps me up at night.

• McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    edited May 2017
    Seriously though, why are we out here? As far as I can tell, it's just a box canyon in the middle of nowhere. No way in or out. The only reason that we set up a Red Base here, is because they have a Blue Base over there. And the only reason they have a Blue Base over there, is because we have a Red Base here. No, no. But I mean, even if we were to pull out today, and if they would come take our base, they would have two bases in the middle of a box canyon. Whoopdee-f***ing-doo.

McMoogle on
    steam_sig.png
  • The GorchThe Gorch Registered User regular
    It's like I said: this is a post-apocalyptic world where everything has been destroyed, but this valley is sheltered away from all that!

• Peter RoganPeter Rogan Registered User regular
    Comes now the existentialism. Fasten your seatbelts; it's going to be a bumpy cat.

....RIDE!!

Speaking of Fred's food system, just once, just once!, I want poor Braden to get his potato.

• ZyxxZyxx Registered User regular
    Oh! Oh! I get it! The "deep" woods! Because he's thinking about deep questions! I is smart! (makes Seventeen's "Meet the Campers" face)

• Johnny17Johnny17 Registered User regular
    I hope this series will end like Lost.
    Or like The Prisoner (1967).
    Or like Neon Genesis Evangelion.
    A clear and rational explanation that leaves no questions whatsoever!

• FireballDragonFireballDragon Registered User regular
    Going all Gravity Falls on us now?

• SargeSarge Registered User regular
    The Gorch wrote: »
    It's like I said: this is a post-apocalyptic world where everything has been destroyed, but this valley is sheltered away from all that!

Then explain the food drops. Where are they coming from?

• ButlerButler 89 episodes or bust Registered User regular
    I really do love this comic. I grew up on Calvin and Hobbes and I feel like CW carries on the torch from Bill Watterson. In a lot of ways I don't want to lose the mystery of why they're at the camp, in the same way that you never really want to know whether Calvin was having adventures with a magic tiger or just imagining them. But if anyone can pull off an answer to why they're at camp that's as good as the question, you guys can.

Zyxx wrote: »
    Oh! Oh! I get it! The "deep" woods! Because he's thinking about deep questions! I is smart! (makes Seventeen's "Meet the Campers" face)

I was wearing this t-shirt when I was visiting my parents and they slowly got "Wee don wantcha." It was like a light bulb. For the record they thought the name and t-shirt were hilarious.

• Hawk1966Hawk1966 Leiche Central FloridaRegistered User regular
    Malachi can sometimes be such a twit.

• te-kunte-kun Registered User regular
    @ZETHOLOLO "And I would have gotten away with it too, if it weren't for those meddling kids and that stupid cat!"

• amcsteelamcsteel Registered User new member
    I really want a Camp Weedonwantcha Camper Ringer Tee now. Green or Orange.

• Alpha the WhiteAlpha the White Registered User new member
    It's really not so simple as "Weedonwantcha."

Who sets up supply airdrops for a place like this? And why airdrops and not something cheaper like a regular supply truck? Airdrops seem like a government thing, but given this seems to be the U.S., it's hard to imagine the government being content to just drop a bunch of supplies and otherwise ignore a place like this (I mean, other issues with allowing/creating a camp of abandoned children aside).

How does word get out to so many diverse people? Seventeen's family are so backwoods that the idea of them having any common spaces or experiences with some of the more well-to-do families depicted seems unlikely.

"Why are we here" seems so easy on the face of it, but deeper thought shows that the whole scenario is very, very weird.

To be fair, they aren't supply drops, so much as they are drops of garbage no one wants.
    And wherever they're coming from, the kids never seem to see a plane or where they're coming from.
    Maybe the Camp exists in a pocket dimension. A place where the unwanted things are sent.

• JachraJachra Registered User regular
    I am glad that this question is being raised.

Don't get me wrong, I adore the gags and the cute stories, but I like a little exploration to go with my humor :D

Super excited.

"We do not allow wizards to cast spells in our game, for that is the most unbalanced rule of all."
  • iczer6iczer6 Registered User regular
    And why is no one taking care of these kids? Seventeen can't read. Several kids are barefoot. Purdy has a gun. Summer camp's have counselors, this camp has nothing.
    Do the kids eventually age out? Or did they intend for them to not make it to 18?

iczer6 wrote: »
    And why is no one taking care of these kids? Seventeen can't read. Several kids are barefoot. Purdy has a gun. Summer camp's have counselors, this camp has nothing.
    Do the kids eventually age out? Or did they intend for them to not make it to 18?

Colin is a counselor. In fact, he's the counselor.
    Some say he's the best counselor and I am one of them.

Oh, man, those poor kids. :(
    They do take care of each other for the most part. At least the main trio and cute little Fred.

• kram1032kram1032 Registered User regular
    Ooooh I like this arc.