As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Friday the 13th : The Game] - Jason lives ... you wont. Out now PS4/Steam/Xbone

• Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    Sounds like that patches should be rolling out this week. Tues for ps4 and wed for xb1.

I don't know if PS4 has a similar feature. But until Quick Play is fixed on XB1. Once you are logged into the game. Go to the Game Hub and head to LFG. You can join in on people in private lobbies to get games quickly. I"ve had pretty good success doing this. Its P2P so if the host drops or rage quit the game disconnects. But I've only had that happen once or twice and it was because the host's console locked up and he came back and re invited everyone for another go.

• StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited May 2017
    Lilnoobs wrote: »
    Watching videos, the game seems like early access than a $40 finished product. When stunned, Jason frequently has no animation for it and just....stands there. No indication of how long it'll take or anything. Also there is apparently just one line from Mama Vorhees when Jason is incapacitated, so I hope you like hearing about how Jason can't die.
    Lilnoobs wrote: »
    For a game that solely relies on multiplayer, they made some odd choices with P2P connections, no host migration, and skimping on servers.
    It's literally an indie game that got a dormant IP to shrug and hand over video game rights. But apparently not a lot of money because woof.
    Meh. They had a successful Kickstarter and aren't charging an "indie" game price, so I'm not giving them that free pass. I don't really buy their "we're only 10 people! we didn't know". That's just piss poor market research and planning on their part. They have one of the largest horror IP's in history and successfully completed a sub million dollar Kickstarter campaign, beating their own goal.

Though, It'll be great once the servers and the quick find matches are working again. It is pretty fun and intense when you get a game going, I'm sure it'll even be better once we can buy perks, level up, and play reliably.
    Oh I'm not using that as a defense. Like I said, if you got a major license for your game, I'd expect more money to be thrown behind it or at least a lower price. I'm sure it's fun, but at $40 it doesn't really meet the level of quality I expect from a finished product.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • MuffinatronMuffinatron Registered User regular
    Does anyone have any idea on how to resolve the stalemate of having the counsellors running around the other side of the car when you're Jason.

I can't let them get in the car because it's close enough to the exit that they'll escape and I'm all out of traps by that point in the game.

So what's the solution? Other than git gud.

PSN: Holy-Promethium
  • darkmayodarkmayo Registered User regular
    Does anyone have any idea on how to resolve the stalemate of having the counsellors running around the other side of the car when you're Jason.

I can't let them get in the car because it's close enough to the exit that they'll escape and I'm all out of traps by that point in the game.

So what's the solution? Other than git gud.

let them get in the car then yank them out the window

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • Genji-GlovesGenji-Gloves Registered User regular
    From little of what I have had time to play you got a victim running round circles around a car, couch etc. Follow them around then stop and throw a couple of knives at them, slows them down a treat.

I save knives for runners or when they just used a health spray.

• joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Knives are great when counselors are taunting you in front of a window because they always seem to forget you can just throw sharp things at their head

• joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    edited May 2017
    Last night I had a counselor apparently run right behind me without me noticing and so their plan afterwards was to call me a fucking idiot bitch, so I let the person I was chasing go and went into the lodge they had hidden in (the big one) and endured the insults for a bit until I narrowed down their hiding place upstairs

When I was standing right in front of the closet this Internet tough guy had decided I would never find him in he suddenly got very afraid and started begging and pleading

He ran out the closet and down the stairs, I morphed after him

It was very satisfying to stick his entire face into the fireplace

joshofalltrades on
    Capt Howdy wrote: »
    The biggest problem I have with quick match, other than the time out issues, is getting stuck with the dregs of PSN. Within 20 seconds of joining my very first match, the N word started flying. I've heard people ratting out locations of counselors, and one person drove the car leaving a group behind.

That's the nature of the beast, I suppose.

On the other side of the atlantic I've actually had reasonable luck with reasonable people, that are willing to engage in some good light hearted banter.

Like the time I was trying to run away from a Jason but my character was refusing to banzai out of the window so I was saying into my mic "Jump through the window for god's sake" and the Jason comes along and grabs me and says "Let me help you with that" as he uses the context kill to throw me out the window to my death. "Much better, thank you."

• Capt HowdyCapt Howdy Registered User regular
    Best for me was when I was playing as Jason and overheard two counselors talking. The one said to the other to let me grab him since he had a pocket knife, he then remembered I could hear him. "Shit, Jaosn heard that, didn't he"?All I could say was "yes, yes I did" before I swung for the fences on his ass.

Steam: kaylesolo1
    3DS: 1521-4165-5907
    PS3: KayleSolo
    Live: Kayle Solo
    WiiU: KayleSolo
  • No-QuarterNo-Quarter Nothing To Fear But Fear ItselfRegistered User regular
    edited May 2017
    I have this on steam @joshofalltrades pm me

Now that they seem to be ironing out the rough stuff, this game is a blast. I feel like they could still refine/ explain the stat system a bit better. The steam community has been pretty great, too.

e- I've gotten great mileage from "Jinkies, gang! Let's check this cabin for clues!"

No-Quarter on
  • ZundeZunde Registered User regular
    I think the communication is one of the best things about this game just based purely on how campy people can be.

I was in a Match with a Jason who did a perfect mickey mouse impression the entire game and it was a riot.

• Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    edited May 2017
    Zunde wrote: »
    I think the communication is one of the best things about this game just based purely on how campy people can be.

It's not worth the trade off tho.

I will NEVER play this without all other mics muted.

That being said we should organize some forum nights to murder each other in Private Games.

Magic Pink on
  • Toxic PickleToxic Pickle Thash grape! Registered User regular
    edited May 2017
    I find this game much more entertaining to watch than I would to play, I think. Streamers have been getting together in groups and having a pretty wacky time with the game, and they almost always banter with each other and come up with their own little games to keep things fresh.

An excellent example from last night was BikeMan, who has a voice changer to make him sound rather demonic. He used the fiery Jason skin (the one with the pitch fork) and encouraged others to make "deals with the devil". He made one counselor kill another to get his favor and not be killed, but then got another counselor to kill that one in order to free him from the pact he'd made. It went on and on until one survived, and he let that one drive out of the map. :D

Toxic Pickle on
    Ugh. Seriously.

Finally manage to call the police myself and then some guy keeps following me everywhere running at full speed making noise so I can't hide and lay low.

Then when I tell him to stop following me, he kills me with a machete.

Awesome!

Also, I finally hit into the dregs of PSN today. One or two guys in a lobby I was hosting didn't take well to being killed by Jason and spent all the time in the post-game leading into the lobby screen saying over and again "Try hard" before switching to "f*****t".

I gave them an ultimatum that either they shut-up or leave or I would close the lobby and make us all re-queue. They refused to listen so I followed through on my threat.

Quick match didn't work, so I joined up with some cats on FB. Good times, good games, and hilarious interactions. Nice to finally level up too.

• Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    Convinced my Saturday team of coworkers to pick it up this week. God this game is so much fun with people you know. Its so much easier to talk shit with people you know. I got a new weekend regular with a crew.

• HullabalooHullabaloo Registered User regular
    Yeah, this game is super dependant on people talking and also not being huge jerks to be fun.

When you can luck your way into a lobby with that (or better yet have a bunch of people you know to play with) this game can be some of the best fun out there. On the flip-side it's kinda miserable being in a lobby with no-one talking and of course some random jerk counsellor attacking you for no reason. At least leaving early doesn't accrue a penalty yet(?).

Of course being Jason is fun no matter the lobby.

On a side note, anyone have any luck finding any of the Pamela tapes? I've yet to find any and have been playing this game a decent amount - I'm hoping they aren't THAT rare and they're just bugged out. I really wanna hear those tapes.

Xbox ID: Oggie Rock
  • TubeTube Registered User admin
    Is there any single player at all in this?

• Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    None at present. They're meant to be introducing one at some point.

Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
    Mr_Grinch wrote: »
    None at present. They're meant to be introducing one at some point.

They said the single player should launch this summer.

• ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Magic Pink wrote: »

I hope you mean in pub games, because otherwise this;
    That being said we should organize some forum nights to murder each other in Private Games.

Would make you a very poor teammate. :-P

On further thought, being 'deaf Jason' would be extra challenging as well.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
    Forar wrote: »

"deaf jason" is how the game works by default. you aren't able to hear the counselors unless you're near them same as counselors can't talk to each other unless they're near or find walkie talkies.

I'm on most (UK) evenings for some PS4 games. Still having trouble joining at times but I've found joining a couple of "communities" (which I've never touched until now) has worked wonders. There's a Friday 13th community with around 5000+ members that always has a few games going.

I am still terrible at this game.

Also don't trust me. I'd totally screw you over just to live.

Considering how little extra XP it gets you, I probably wouldn't screw anyone over.

unless it was josh seriously screw that guy

Considering how little extra XP it gets you, I probably wouldn't screw anyone over.

unless it was josh seriously screw that guy

Oh, it's not about the XP.

edited June 2017
    I've been having fun with this but I really want a game without randos

joshofalltrades on
  • CruorCruor Registered User regular
    edited June 2017
    If a PA forum night starts up for this game I'd be super down to clown. Playing with randos quickly turned into "hey, let's all go in this one house and machete the shit out of each other while Jason watches." I mean, it was kinda funny the first time...

Edit: Now I want a clown costume for Jason.

Cruor on
  • ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Forar wrote: »

"deaf jason" is how the game works by default. you aren't able to hear the counselors unless you're near them same as counselors can't talk to each other unless they're near or find walkie talkies.

I'm aware of that. You said you mute other's mics, which would make Jason deaf to their comments in proximity, unless Jason can't mute people (which would be irritating for particularly obnoxious people).

It was more a poke at the juxtaposition of "man, mute all the mics" and "oh we should totes play sometime".

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
    Even with mics muted you still get a speaker icon when somebody is talking close by

• jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    Cruor wrote: »
    If a PA forum night starts up for this game I'd be super down to clown. Playing with randos quickly turned into "hey, let's all go in this one house and machete the shit out of each other while Jason watches." I mean, it was kinda funny the first time...

Edit: Now I want a clown costume for Jason.
    If there's close to critical mass for this on the PC, I'll glad pick this up to play with the group.

• darkmayodarkmayo Registered User regular
    Remember to post what platform and your ID is for the game and I'll add it to the main post.

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
    KayleSolo - PS4

• CruorCruor Registered User regular
    CruorEtPulvis - PC

GT - EyeRChris - XBOX

• No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    edited June 2017
    As soon as the steam sale rolls around I'll be picking this up, really liked the beta. PC of course

No Great Name on
    PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png
    This game is the third biggest seller on Steam right now

• Ov3rchargeOv3rcharge R.I.P. Mass Effect You were dead to me for yearsRegistered User regular
    I feel like this game is a griefer playground

If you're playing with the wrong people, sure

But isn't that pretty much most multiplayer games

• Ov3rchargeOv3rcharge R.I.P. Mass Effect You were dead to me for yearsRegistered User regular
    I mean from what I've seen you can shoot people in Jason's grasp, run them down with your car, leave them in traps/ to die to Jason.
    that sounds supremely fun.

edited June 2017
    I just played a game where a guy I was with found some gas, and I was playing the nerdy character so I told him to let me have it so I could fill the tank with ease (why you have to be a nerd to not fuck up filling a tank which alerts Jason is beyond me).

On the way to the car I spotted another survivor with a battery. I helpfully offered to install that as well. Upon arriving at the car I began my work, and two other survivors ran up with identical parts! Given that I was only fixing the two-seater, this was a welcome surprise.

Just after completing my task, Jason morphed in. Another survivor and I grabbed the other parts and booked it to the four seater while Jason went after other counselors. I fixed the other car without incident as well. We began the search for keys. I only found a flare gun.

Somebody shouted over the radio that they had keys! I began the trek back to the four seater only to find Jason gripping a counselor's throat and three other counselors swarming nearby. I shot Jason in the face and the counselor started the car. All four of them piled in and took off, leaving only me. Luckily I juked Jason and headed for what I thought would be the two-seater... only, apparently another pair had started that at the same time as the other car and took off.

I fixed both cars and shot Jason to help others escape. My reward was getting a hole punched right through me. And to add insult to injury, it was after I had fixed the phone and finished the call, too.

joshofalltrades on