As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Battlefield] - 2042 - Launches Nov 19th

• mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    chauchat has major damage drop off issues. Otherwise is fine.

Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    mojojoeo wrote: »
    chauchat has major damage drop off issues. Otherwise is fine.

It's currently fine in regards to game play balance with other support weapons. I'm just in the very small camp that desires it to perform far worse given its reputation.

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • SonorkSonork CanadaRegistered User regular
    Played with the Madsen Low Weight machine gun today. Thing is really good. Great hip fire, good medium range accuracy, good rate of fire, fast reload, 30 rounds and a bi-pod for long range. Gonna use it a bunch more.

• GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    I wish I had a higher tolerance for the obstructed view from the Madsen's vertical magazine.

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
    They fixed the camera when the bipod is deployed at least, so it's not directly behind the mag anymore. With AA sights, aiming is not too bad. It has really good hipfire though lacks accuracy at longer ranges.

• ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Well, looks like my time with the game was more limited than I anticipated. Managed to find two matches on They Shall Not Pass maps, and then subsequently got matchmakered into 5 empty servers in a row. Went back to default maps and was quickly reminded of why I stopped playing: grenade spam, sniper spam, or air dominance (had a couple games (different servers) where the pilots just stopped shooting/bombing people and proceeded to go on a 40+ roadkill spree). And that's not even getting into the bugs (one that I saw repeatedly: killcam showing I got shot with one weapon (for example, a 10-A Hunter) but the weapon displayed is something else (like an Automatico)).

Never thought I'd do this, but I think I'm going to have to write the purchase of BF1 and Premium off as a loss and just go back to BF3, BF4, and/or Hardline.

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • BladeOfSanjuroBladeOfSanjuro Registered User regular
    Erlkönig wrote: »
    Well, looks like my time with the game was more limited than I anticipated. Managed to find two matches on They Shall Not Pass maps, and then subsequently got matchmakered into 5 empty servers in a row. Went back to default maps and was quickly reminded of why I stopped playing: grenade spam, sniper spam, or air dominance (had a couple games (different servers) where the pilots just stopped shooting/bombing people and proceeded to go on a 40+ roadkill spree). And that's not even getting into the bugs (one that I saw repeatedly: killcam showing I got shot with one weapon (for example, a 10-A Hunter) but the weapon displayed is something else (like an Automatico)).

Never thought I'd do this, but I think I'm going to have to write the purchase of BF1 and Premium off as a loss and just go back to BF3, BF4, and/or Hardline.

Sounds like a couple of rough rounds, it really depends on the skill on the server. I had a bunch of good games yesterday and then swapped into a server where I saw one dude (level 110) was doing so well it seemed like he was hacking. After a couple games I finally got squadded up with some guys who would communicate and work together and we started giving his squad a run for their money and sure enough his K/D started looking normal again.

Also, do people still actually play Hardline?

steam_sig.png

Sounds like a couple of rough rounds, it really depends on the skill on the server. I had a bunch of good games yesterday and then swapped into a server where I saw one dude (level 110) was doing so well it seemed like he was hacking. After a couple games I finally got squadded up with some guys who would communicate and work together and we started giving his squad a run for their money and sure enough his K/D started looking normal again.

Also, do people still actually play Hardline?

Oh, it was more than a rough couple of rounds. Sure, it was a couple of servers where the pilots were just roadkilling people (as an aside, the pilots doing this weren't max rank; the highest ranked one was 66)...but the majority of games I played yesterday was the usual grenade spam and solid wall of snipers that I've seen time and time again. I mean, I get it: people like their bolt-actions and their 1-hit (or 2-shot) kills, it just makes for lousy gameplay when you can't walk 2 steps out of cover before having 3+ snipers gunning for you throughout multiple matches. And I dunno, but it feels like these are the same issues I had with the game before too...it's just that they're being exacerbated due to people figuring out the path of least resistance (explosives and snipers everywhere!).

And yes, people are still playing Hardline...not many, but enough to keep a few servers populated enough to make for fun matches.

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • iRevertiRevert Tactical Martha Stewart Registered User regular
    Good news everyone! Battlefront 2 is coming soon(tm)! Now for the low price of $60 plus another $60 for Premium you can finally get the other half of Battlefront 1 that was never released!

Seriously though they had better have a markdown for anyone who bought Battlefront 1 because most people just got screwed pretty hard with that game.

• JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    Should I get the French pack or nah?

I set it down to play ME:A but have kinda been jumping back in but I don't know of I want to drop the cash for dlc. Cause I'm also going to have to get an expanded hardrive for my Xbox and that there is more change I don't want to spend.

Welp spring patch is today. We can make a platoon if we wanted.

Juggernut wrote: »
    Should I get the French pack or nah?

I set it down to play ME:A but have kinda been jumping back in but I don't know of I want to drop the cash for dlc. Cause I'm also going to have to get an expanded hardrive for my Xbox and that there is more change I don't want to spend.

I like the TSNP maps. Fort De Vaux is pretty much Op Locker from BF4, Verdun Heights is kinda imba against the french, but I feel the most like I'm "in trench warfare" when I'm playing that map. Rupture and Soissons are just good old BF maps.

steam_sig.png
    Looks like the spring update introduced a "you do no damage" bug. Fun stuff.

• CormacCormac Registered User regular
    We absolutely should make a PA Platoon.

Steam: Gridlynk | PSN: Gridlynk | FFXIV: Jarvellis Mika
  • WolveSightWolveSight Registered User regular
    Cormac wrote: »
    We absolutely should make a PA Platoon.

one has been made, just search for Penny Arcade and submit your application (we can't actually invite). We have 3 with accept permissions so far.

253J736.png
  • HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    anybody made one yet?

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
    edited April 2017
    There's one on PC, it's just Penny Arcade. Just apply and one of us will accept you. To apply there's a little shield emblem on the left side of the main screen. Go through that. once you've been accepted go back to the platoon menu and just represent for the PA tag.

EDIT: Also I put on the THIS IS FINE dog for a placeholder emblem until a PA one it made.

Sonork on
    edited May 2017
    Fuck it I got premium.

I was going to just download TSNP but there wasn't an option I could see other than just getting premium. Apparently the map pack and content downloaded super quickly since I already had the update so I can jump right in, at least.

There's not an X1 penny arcade platoon is there?

Juggernut on
    If you haven't unlocked the Sjörgen Inertial.

Unlock the Sjörgen Inertial.

If you haven't unlocked the Sjörgen Inertial.

Unlock the Sjörgen Inertial.

Its in that beautiful sweet spot between the pumps and the 12g. Love it for Argonne, Fort and Verdun Heights.

steam_sig.png
    edited May 2017
    Well...the May patch came out this morning. While watching LevelCap's video giving an overview of what's in the patch, there was something that caught my eye pretty early in the video when he was reloading his Selbstlader 1906. Spoilering for size.
    uamkemahdw9l.jpg
    Illuminati confirmed?

EDIT - it shows up in multiple places when he's reloading a clean rifle...when did that get added?

Erlkönig on
    EDIT - it shows up in multiple places when he's reloading a clean rifle...when did that get added?

It's been like that for awhile, only on some guns though.

Sonork wrote: »

It's been like that for awhile, only on some guns though.

Guess that's what I get for exclusively running the Mondragon and Selbstlader 1916 Opticals as medic or BAR1918/MG15 as Support.

• MulletudeMulletude Registered User regular
    Finally played this game again after a couple months away. I think Soissons may be one of my favorite all time bf maps. And the fortress one is great and not really at all like Metro or Locker given all the access points and paths.

And until sunday I didn't realize there was a new operation with the French pack. Those can be a nice stressful way to burn an hour

XBL-Dug Danger WiiU-DugDanger Steam-http://steamcommunity.com/id/DugDanger/
    Mulletude wrote: »
    Finally played this game again after a couple months away. I think Soissons may be one of my favorite all time bf maps. And the fortress one is great and not really at all like Metro or Locker given all the access points and paths.

And until sunday I didn't realize there was a new operation with the French pack. Those can be a nice stressful way to burn an hour

And first time I've played for a whiles, too...right into a match with somebody cheating like hell. Quit out of the match so I could spectate the guy, and it was pretty blatant aimbotting and walling (with a side of invisibility to round out the list). Yeah, nothing builds desire to keep playing quite like that.

I'm on xbox so luckily that isn't a thing to worry about.

Will never get the cheaters. It doesn't make you good

edited June 2017
    Mulletude wrote: »
    I'm on xbox so luckily that isn't a thing to worry about.

Will never get the cheaters. It doesn't make you good

I keep being kinda tempted to play on my PS4...but that presents its own frustrations that can't be resolved with switching servers or hopping into BF3 or 4 (or, if it's the right time of day, Hardline).
    seriously, I can't shoot for shit with thumbsticks...and knowing that I aim way better with m/kb just rubs salt and lemon juice in the already raw cut that is knowing that I'm a thoroughly average FPS gamer

Erlkönig on
  • FreiFrei A French Prometheus Unbound DeadwoodRegistered User regular
    Honestly I play BF on PS4 even though I vastly prefer it on PC because I'm nowhere near as good as those goddamn PC players. I'm not good at FPS to begin with but on console I tend to always place high on the scoreboard and do well enough to have fun, without it being too easy as to get bored.

I'm enjoying the French content, it's all pretty well made. Looking forward to Russian content release, looks interesting.

Are you the magic man?
    I'm thinking I might have to wade into EA for a refund on my premium purchase. My internet is not great but up until these new patches the game was perfectly playable, with me maybe sitting around 70 ping. Now I'm spiking as high as 900+ in some instances and stay at roughly 200-400 ms. The game is completely unplayable for me anymore. I get some relief by switching to SA servers but not enough to enjoy myself. I get lag slow downs on some other games but nothing like in BF1. Whatever netcode they changed they have made it impossible for me to play even though I'm on the East Coast.

I'm thinking I might have to wade into EA for a refund on my premium purchase. My internet is not great but up until these new patches the game was perfectly playable, with me maybe sitting around 70 ping. Now I'm spiking as high as 900+ in some instances and stay at roughly 200-400 ms. The game is completely unplayable for me anymore. I get some relief by switching to SA servers but not enough to enjoy myself. I get lag slow downs on some other games but nothing like in BF1. Whatever netcode they changed they have made it impossible for me to play even though I'm on the East Coast.

If you've played the game a bit, I don't they'll the refund. Netcode won't usually see that dramatic if a ping increase, but instead uneven gameplay. I'd talk to your ISP and run traceroutes to see if you're dropping connections. Also try changing your dns in case your ISP is doing something wonky.

253J736.png
    WolveSight wrote: »

If you've played the game a bit, I don't they'll the refund. Netcode won't usually see that dramatic if a ping increase, but instead uneven gameplay. I'd talk to your ISP and run traceroutes to see if you're dropping connections. Also try changing your dns in case your ISP is doing something wonky.

I'll have to give it a shot I guess. It's just weird this wasn't a problem until the Spring Patch and it seems to be worse after the Neivelle Nights update. That might be due to it being the weekend though so idk.

Going back and playing the campaign a little and I'm still super bummed they didn't just pick one story line and run with it instead of doing 4 or 5. About the time I just start getting into some of the characters the missions are over. Really would've preferred an entire campaign with the Hellfighters. Maybe swapping here and there between the ANZAC.

Late to the party but this night map is great.

So...phantom bullets are a thing, I guess?

Map: Ballroom Blitz
    West coast server, so <50ms ping

I know there's a baddie taking cover by the statue near the center of the platform, so I vault over the wall around the D flag area to get a clear shot at him. As I land, I'm ADSing and firing dead center on the guy...but I'm not seeing any muzzle flash or bullets coming out of my gun, and I sure don't see any hit markers. I can hear the gun firing...I can see my ammo going down in my peripheral vision...but no bullets are actually leaving my gun, and I end up dying because my bullets are imaginary but his are not. Is this a common bug? 'Cuz if it is, that's infuriating (who am I kidding, it's infuriating if it's not a common occurrence).

I think I've had that happen... once? It was an issue with de-syncing from the server (watch the pings). I think PD had it happen once or twice, and it was usually followed by a disconnect. Definitely not common.

253J736.png
    WolveSight wrote: »
    I think I've had that happen... once? It was an issue with de-syncing from the server (watch the pings). I think PD had it happen once or twice, and it was usually followed by a disconnect. Definitely not common.

Heh...no disconnect, things looked normal on my end (didn't get insta-killed, it was just like taking normal fire from a BAR)...but, that doesn't mean much with a DICE game.

Still, thoroughly maddening way to lose out on a sure-thing flanking attack.

Turns out my internet line had taken some lightning damage which was heavily contributing to my internet slow down. Got that fixed and my internet speeds back up and my ping issue is.... still happening.

Not as frequently but something is definitely still not right. I have to use server browser to find green ping servers and usually about half way through the match with no issues it'll suddenly spike for a solid 5 minutes before dropping back down to 30 or so. Weird stuff.

Man, the new Prise de Tahure map looks really cool. It's supposed to be dropping tomorrow, right?

• TharghorTharghor Registered User regular
    sounds like your ISP didn't fix everything.