As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Fighting] TEKKEN 7 HERE (new thread time)

19495969798100»

• Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    Minor story spoilers
    Five year old kaz should be a unlockable character

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited June 2017
    First thing I did when this loaded was buy a new outfit.
    rGO0t5r.jpg

Second thing I did was arcade mode where I lost to random CPU opponent once, Akuma a few times, and lost to Kazumi like 12 times in a row. Not that I know all the moves or even any combos at all, but one thing that I kept wondering was how to reliably sidestep without getting a jump or getting a crouch that stays crouched in place. Kept seeing, "Okay, she's going to fire the laser here." and then just not getting out of the way of it in time.

SabreMau on
  • Options
    chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    edited June 2017
    Ugh, I feel so behind, but I want a physical copy on PS4.

Is Ed actually out?

chamberlain on
  • Options
    Baroque And RollBaroque And Roll Every spark of friendship and love Will die without a homeRegistered User regular
    yeah he dropped a couple nights ago

2dtr87s.png
    SteamID: Baroque And Roll
  • Options
    Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    edited June 2017
    Okay, I'm really struggling with whether to buy this or not, even though I just got INJ2 two weeks ago. I have some misgivings even though I know that the fighting engine is vastly superior to INJ2.

Pros:
    Tekken fighting engine, with actual good mechanics.
    New generation Tekken.
    Possibly more custom shit in the future.

Cons:
    I don't have a converted stick right now, only pad.
    My main character is not in this iteration.
    I'm on Xbone and don't know how the community/longevity will be on this platform.
    Memories of dead X360 playerbase on TTT2
    Don't know if I have actual time to play everything I want.

Unknowns:
    NETCODE???

Hiryu02 on
    Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    edited June 2017
  • Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    SabreMau wrote: »
    First thing I did when this loaded was buy a new outfit.
    rGO0t5r.jpg

Second thing I did was arcade mode where I lost to random CPU opponent once, Akuma a few times, and lost to Kazumi like 12 times in a row. Not that I know all the moves or even any combos at all, but one thing that I kept wondering was how to reliably sidestep without getting a jump or getting a crouch that stays crouched in place. Kept seeing, "Okay, she's going to fire the laser here." and then just not getting out of the way of it in time.
    sidestep = tap up or down
    sidewalk = double tap and hold up or down
    crouch/jump = hold up or down

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    yeah he dropped a couple nights ago

That's hilarious. I had no idea.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    That last fight in the Wonder Woman multiverse event is a fucking bear.

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    A bear?

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    Folken FanelFolken Fanel anime af When's KoFRegistered User regular
    Everyone should join the discord.

Twitter: Folken_fgc Steam: folken_ XBL: flashg03 PSN: folken_PA SFV: folken_
    Dyvim Tvar wrote: »
    Characters I hate:

Everybody @Folken Fanel plays as.
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited June 2017
    Tried playing SFV today but even for how steamroll-y folks complain the game is I still feel it has that turtle-y turn taking that kind of annoys me about SF games.

I need to play Tekken just cause I need to play a new 3D game and disrespect all the frames.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    my PSN name is my forum name for anyone who wants weekend tekken

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    Damage done, deluxe edition pre-ordered

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    edited June 2017
    alright i am completely and totally married to Lili for now

i got down to #70 in the move list before my brain could literally not handle anymore information

but the combo system, wall bouncing, variety of command normals & stuff is hugely entertaining and I didn't find any of it insurmountably hard. i'm sure there will be some longer more optimal combos that take serious work, but overall this seems way more approachable than I was expecting

wasnt able to play an online match... the server kept losing connection. ah well

Jasconius on
  • Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    edited June 2017
    i'm a bit confused about the movement canceling (backdash cancel/sidestep cancel) in tekken
    it doesn't seem much faster than just doing repeated backdashs or sidesteps with proper timing. is there some vulnerability period being bypassed, or is the main point that it is consistent and somewhat faster and not that it is way faster (or am i doing it wrong)

also i am running into weirdness where a launch combo off of leo's df2 works if i do the df2 from sidestep in one direction (sidestep left? away from screen), but doesn't if i do it from the other. the juggle can still work but it seems like the timing is radically different?

P10 on
    Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions