As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Camp Comic] Friday, June 2, 2017 - Overemphasis

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited June 2017 in Camp Weedonwantcha

image[Camp Comic] Friday, June 2, 2017 - Overemphasis

Overemphasis

Overemphasis

http://campcomic.com/comic/434

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• Options
    Sensei Le RoofSensei Le Roof Registered User regular
    Least he doesn't emphasize the wrong sylLAble.

• Options
    SIXytSIXyt Esq STLRegistered User regular
    Linus, you sir, are getting a party!

• Options
    briguybriguy Registered User regular
    In Malachi's defense of the inevitable party, it can be hard to tell when someone wants a party, says they don't, but will be upset if they don't have one and someone who really doesn't want one and will be upset if you throw one.

• Options
    FlaxSeedFlaxSeed Registered User regular
    Malachi surprise party will arrive at the library at midnight and one, right?

• Options
    SIXytSIXyt Esq STLRegistered User regular
    briguy wrote: »
    In Malachi's defense of the inevitable party, it can be hard to tell when someone wants a party, says they don't, but will be upset if they don't have one and someone who really doesn't want one and will be upset if you throw one.
    Linus very obliviously does not want a party haha

• Options
    SIXyt wrote: »
    briguy wrote: »
    Linus very obliviously does not want a party haha

True, but Malachi is dense and has a thing for surprise parties, wanting one for his birthday. Just maybe in his mind, saying you don't want a party is like saying you do, because how else can it be surprise if you know about it?

And it's hitting me that if we get Linus's backstory with this, it's probably going to be the saddest birthday story ever.

• Options
    Isaac_D38Isaac_D38 Registered User new member
    that fifth panel though...
    amazing

• Options
    neuroflareneuroflare TempeRegistered User regular
    I think I'm a professional cat-finder. I can find the cat before finishing the comic. This gives me anothr thought, maybe I care more about the Highlights-find-it portion of this comic than the main story sometimes.

I guess I know Malachi is supposed to be a self-centered and arrogant kid... I just wish he'd... I guess be more like me and one of the background people in it... I retract my statement and will now look inwardly at my failures :/

• Options
    sockroxsockrox Registered User regular
    Didn't find the kitty...but I did find batman.

• Options
    hajenhajen Registered User regular
    I'm loving the little arc Malachi's facial expressions take from panel 4 to 6:
    • With a bead of perspiration, Malachi worried that he might have been too clever in his obtuseness, quickly throws up a smoke screen
    • pregnant pause (Is operation Brilliant Bamboozlement efficacious?)
    • shim sham successful (exit stage right)
    p.s. what's with the pinky finger? is Malachi taking on highfalutin airs? :D

• Options
    edited June 2017
    hajen wrote: »
    I'm loving the little arc Malachi's facial expressions take from panel 4 to 6:
    • With a bead of perspiration, Malachi worried that he might have been too clever in his obtuseness, quickly throws up a smoke screen
    • pregnant pause (Is operation Brilliant Bamboozlement efficacious?)
    • shim sham successful (exit stage right)
    p.s. what's with the pinky finger? is Malachi taking on highfalutin airs? :D

You know, I just tried to make his hand gesture and my pinky finger sticks out. I can close it if I think about it, but it sticks out otherwise. Weird. Haha.

briguy on
  • Options
    SideshowJonSideshowJon Registered User regular
    This story arch is giving me a J. J. Abrams vibe

• Options
    GarryAlwaysGarryAlways Registered User regular
    edited June 2017
    Linus has got to know, right?

GarryAlways on
  • Options
    davidhbrowndavidhbrown Registered User regular
    I think (but am surely wrong) that Malachi's pinkie finger is just to emphasize that Katie knows that humans (most of them, anyway) have four fingers and a thumb per hand and draws them accordingly. Three-fingered or thumb-less cartoon characters have always bothered me a little.

• Options
    Laika ClementineLaika Clementine Registered User regular
    Linus probably knows Malachi's gonna throw him something, considering how well they know each other and Malachi's personality. It's no secret.