As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Penny Arcade - Comic - Au Naturel

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited June 2017 in The Penny Arcade Hub

imagePenny Arcade - Comic - Au Naturel

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• jothkijothki Registered User regular
    Wouldn't it just be "onically", since the misidentified prefix would be the "ir-" form of "in-"?

• McFodderMcFodder Registered User regular
    jothki wrote: »
    Wouldn't it just be "onically", since the misidentified prefix would be the "ir-" form of "in-"?

He's made a note.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3944-9431-0318
    PSN / Xbox / NNID: Fodder185
  • KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    Ronically: adverb - in the manner of Ron or Ronald

• KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    No one tell Gabe about THE tormented angel series, Angel

My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    Angel didn't age so well, unfortunately.

What is this I don't even.
  • EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    I am surprised Tycho, for all his word-love, didn't pick up on that as a name such as an angel would have.

Unless he would refuse to acknowledge it, as it's not a canon name. That would track.

• TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    Angel didn't age so well, unfortunately.

Disagree! I watched it for the first time a few years ago and enjoyed it.

steam_sig.png
  • bartmaniambartmaniam Registered User regular
    so I'm not alone in this... >.>

• bbullockbbullock Registered User regular
    In fact Tycho, I believe you will find that according to the wives, he is a SEX angel.

• OddfishOddfish On opposite weeks In odd numbered monthsRegistered User regular
    God dammit they got me with this one... coffee everywhere

• darkmayodarkmayo Registered User regular
    I want to be best of friends with Sam and Dean... of course that means I would die... horribly but I'm ok with that.

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    Castiel is that detective show with international heartthrob Nathaniel Fillión.

GNU Terry Pratchett
    PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    egc6gp2emz1v.png
  • wallywestwallywest Registered User regular
    Bursar wrote: »

I'd watch that.

• Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    The first five seasons were the best. The last couple were actually pretty good too.

H9f4bVe.png
  • WitowtWitowt Registered User regular
    wallywest wrote: »
    Bursar wrote: »

I'd watch that.

you totally can, the show is properly called Castle, hence the pun

• ZomagicZomagic Registered User regular
    edited June 2017
    Hah! I thought it was just me. But...
    Of course, after a certain point I quit watching, because if you're just going to bring back anyone that dies, pretty much everything loses all of its gravity. It's like- so what? When you can fight your way out of heaven or hell, no amount of mortal peril matters. I got bored REAL fast after they BOTH got the get-out-of-death-free card. I have no doubt that if they ever die again, that unless it's the series finale, they're just going to come back to life within a single episode. And it's way offensive, when entire seasons revolve around leading up to someone's inevitable death, and then they're literally alive again in the next episode, with no explanation for it whatsoever. They should have actually showed us a period of time where the character was gone, even if it was only an episode or two. They could have included Sam in some of Dean's painful flashbacks, if it was an issue of screen time or contractual obligations.

Zomagic on
  • BelruelBelruel NARUTO FUCKS Registered User regular
    Zomagic wrote: »
    Hah! I thought it was just me. But...
    Of course, after a certain point I quit watching, because if you're just going to bring back anyone that dies, pretty much everything loses all of its gravity. It's like- so what? When you can fight your way out of heaven or hell, no amount of mortal peril matters. I got bored REAL fast after they BOTH got the get-out-of-death-free card. I have no doubt that if they ever die again, that unless it's the series finale, they're just going to come back to life within a single episode. And it's way offensive, when entire seasons revolve around leading up to someone's inevitable death, and then they're literally alive again in the next episode, with no explanation for it whatsoever. They should have actually showed us a period of time where the character was gone, even if it was only an episode or two. They could have included Sam in some of Dean's painful flashbacks, if it was an issue of screen time or contractual obligations.
    Eh, I'd almost agree, but the brothers have an interesting relationship with death (both figuratively, and literally with the character of Death), and it gets addressed in the show itself at times too. Yeah it can be a bit silly, but I find it to be a really enjoyable show. Also, they bring back some people from death, but not all. They basically pick off their ensemble cast like petals from a flower, mercilessly. The brothers and Castiel though, yeah they have plot armor. Also if I am remembering right, there have been episodes where one of the two brothers was 'dead' or at least assumed dead by the other. Once for long enough for one of them to go and basically build a kind of normal life.

vmn6rftb232b.png
  • PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular

I don't think there's a prefix in "eíron".

• MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    PLA wrote: »

I don't think there's a prefix in "eíron".

That's the 'free sample' the dealer gives you.

• shadowysea07shadowysea07 Registered User regular
    Something I get the reference of for once. I thought the show was decent until like others said they started dragging it out. From my understanding the creators wanted it to end long ago and left the show so its just the network continuing it since it's one of the few shows they have that has alot of viewers.