As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Penny Arcade - PATV - First 15 – Neuro Voider

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited June 2017 in The Penny Arcade Hub

imagePenny Arcade - PATV - First 15 – Neuro Voider

Gabe and Tycho play a game for 15 minutes and then judge it accordingly. This week they play Neuro Voider.

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    I had never heard of this game, despite Steam saying it released in August of last year. It looks pretty awesome though, so I went ahead and picked it up!

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    scipionscipion Registered User new member
    Right? I have looked at Steam for Rogue games a dozen times and somehow never came across this. I wish Steam had a way to downvote or hide games so I'm not constantly spammed by games I have zero interest in, or even worse *already* own.

• Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Only thing I'm not thrilled about in that video was perhaps the camera?
    It seemed like it was too close and that the guys couldn't see enemies that were firing at them from off screen.
    But then it seems like the camera centers on the firing reticle that's offset from the actual bot, so it may be that they were not looking towards the edge of the screen where the enemies were coming from most of the time.

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    discrider wrote: »
    Only thing I'm not thrilled about in that video was perhaps the camera?
    It seemed like it was too close and that the guys couldn't see enemies that were firing at them from off screen.
    But then it seems like the camera centers on the firing reticle that's offset from the actual bot, so it may be that they were not looking towards the edge of the screen where the enemies were coming from most of the time.

Turns out the camera is just that close in the actual game, and enemies often fire at you from off screen. But there are indicators that pop up letting you know about upcoming enemies so that they don't surprise you too badly. It's a pretty fun game so far, and very hard! Not unfairly hard though, and I've improved every round I've played and I can see myself beating this at some point. I love the upgrading stuff too; there's just so many little bits you can swap out and upgrade.

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    scipion wrote: »
    Right? I have looked at Steam for Rogue games a dozen times and somehow never came across this. I wish Steam had a way to downvote or hide games so I'm not constantly spammed by games I have zero interest in, or even worse *already* own.

Doesn't filtering for roguelikes on Steam return essentially the same amount of results as not setting a filter at all?

• Options
    jerodastjerodast Registered User regular
    "What does a tri-phaser do?" COME ON, Mike, it phases three times, obv. :P

• Options
    Bobart RobskyBobart Robsky Registered User regular
    edited June 2017
    I know I've seen them play this before. A lot longer ago than a few days ago. Can anyone tell me when this was first aired? Or am I in a different timeline now.

Bobart Robsky on
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    This aired a while ago on Twitch. You probably watched it live.

• Options
    RottonappleRottonapple Registered User regular
    Tube wrote: »

see, this is what sucks about living in the eastern part of the country and working a 2nd shift job, I'm at work and never can watch when the broadcast anything live.

• Options
    dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular

see, this is what sucks about living in the eastern part of the country and working a 2nd shift job, I'm at work and never can watch when the broadcast anything live.

I don't have that issue, but the tabletop stream day just happens to land about an hour before I need to roll out to my weekly tabletop meetup. The ironing!

• Options
    ChiselphaneChiselphane Registered User regular
    Are they not doing First 15 anymore?

• Options
    dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular
    Are they not doing First 15 anymore?

No. Too many haters.

They still play games together on the twitch stream, though.

• Options
    LeptonLepton Registered User regular
    That's a shame. I got some great games that I wouldn't have known about otherwise from First 15.

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular

FYI all the streams are saved as VODs right on twitch so you can go back and watch them any time you want.

A lot of real good stuff to watch on there if you like the Mike and Jerry dynamic.