As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Camp Comic] Tuesday, June 6, 2017 - Seventeen Rules

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited June 2017 in Camp Weedonwantcha

image[Camp Comic] Tuesday, June 6, 2017 - Seventeen Rules

Seventeen Rules

Seventeen Rules

http://campcomic.com/comic/435

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• MetalCottonMetalCotton Registered User regular
    I could still probably follow this better than most televised sports.

• DrAlleconDrAllecon Registered User regular
    Knowing their love of wordplay, I thought for sure there'd actually be 17 rules.

• te-kunte-kun Registered User regular
    Since they don't have a ball for calvinball...

• briguybriguy Registered User regular
    Sticks are only good for throwing in the lake, anyways.

• Hawk1966Hawk1966 Leiche Central FloridaRegistered User regular
    Let us all mourn the death of Catchy Stick. We hardly knew ya. . .

• AdamRWAdamRW Registered User regular
    DrAllecon wrote: »
    Knowing their love of wordplay, I thought for sure there'd actually be 17 rules.

We'll fix that in post.

• dragonalexdragonalex Registered User new member
    Went to school for game dev: Can confirm this is exactly what happens when you try and add rules to simple concepts.

The worst is trying to explain it to outsiders. It's always SO OBVIOUS to them that your rules are dumb and un-needed.

• Zorlock DarksoulZorlock Darksoul Registered User regular
    The title can be interpreted at least three different ways. I love that.

• CheddarLimboCheddarLimbo Registered User regular
    Omg, panel 2 is just perfect.

• PrivateJokerPrivateJoker Registered User regular
    should just play pooh sticks instead

• RembladeRemblade Pobodies Nerfect. Shepherd RepublicRegistered User regular
    Why would the Catchy ever catch the stick if it only gives the Throwy a point?
    No no no, nothing about this adds up at all.

PSN: Remblade
    3DS FC: 4940-5450-0161
  • aflyingskypieaflyingskypie Registered User regular
    Now I'm no expert, but I think that she just described cricket.

• McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    Now I'm no expert, but I think that she just described cricket.

Cricket? Nobody understands cricket! You gotta know what a crumpet is to understand cricket!

steam_sig.png
  • marsiliesmarsilies Registered User regular
    Who says she finished listing all the rules? It looks like she stopped mid-way through.

• Maiti_dukkuMaiti_dukku Registered User regular
    Panel 2 looks a little uncomfortable. Or Seventeen just has very flexible arms, who knows.

• Peter RoganPeter Rogan Registered User regular
    Might be simpler to just play fizzbin.

• Johnny17Johnny17 Registered User regular
    Is it me or is Seventeen slightly taller lately?

Me, too!
    Though, this is wordplay too.
    Seventeen's rules
    Seventeen rules!

• AlorialAlorial Registered User new member
    As the mother of a 7- and 4-year old, this hits very close to home. XD

• Kil RashaKil Rasha Registered User new member
    This is too real.

• SargeSarge Registered User regular
    Remblade wrote: »
    Why would the Catchy ever catch the stick if it only gives the Throwy a point?
    No no no, nothing about this adds up at all.

From what little we know of the game it makes sense if you assume that the object of the game is to have the least points. Remember, the first player to get to five points is the "Catchy King" but if the Catchy King doesn't do ten cartwheels they go to Catchy Jail for six turns (and then presumably something game-related happens but we will never know). Thus, one does not want to have points.
    Ever played Hearts? The object of that game is to be the player with the least points at the end of the game. Same idea, different game.

Or, alternatively, if points are desirable somehow then the point system is to encourage the Throwy to throw a catchable stick; entirely possible since Seventeen never finished saying what the rules were. Perhaps being in Catchy Jail gets you some sort of reward, or an opportunity to win the game? This is like one of those convoluted TV game show contests that only make sense if you've had weeks and months to study them.

To win this discussion you must run (no biking or driving!) to the nearest convenience store, buy ice cream and then come back here and post a picture of it. The person who is the first to post a picture of a flavor of ice cream that is the least posted by other players wins a ice-cream point. At that point the player who won a point must eat his ice cream (if not eaten already) and a cookie for an additional ice-cream point; however this second ice-cream point will not be awarded if the cookie had raisins. If this player has no cookies to eat they go in the penalty box for five turns but if they manage to make cookies during these five turns they get as many points as the number of cookies they made, but they must make a video of them baking the cookies along with a newspaper that has the date they post the video. At this point the referee (that's me) will make a list of players, including the player who won the ice-cream point. Each player will be assigned a number and randomly assigned to one of two teams. The player who has the most points may then choose to switch teams for the cost of one point (if there is a tie for the player with the most points then a rock-paper-scissors tie-breaker is held); if this results in a team having no players then the other team wins. A player has two or more ice-cream points may then choose to spend one point to swap out one player from one team for another player from the other team but he may not swap himself out, all for the cost of one point; Alternatively the players may choose to not spend any points. Then the hide-and-seek round begins. The referee then auctions off the position of seeker for the highest bidder, beginning with the team with the least number of players (unless that team has no points to bid with in which case we skip right to the bidding process, which the team with point(s) automatically wins with whatever number of points they choose to risk); if the number of players is even then this is settled by each team choosing a member to compete in a one-round Simon Says face-off. Bidding starts with each team pooling their points; Individual players may not refuse to add their points to this pool. Teams that have points must bid at least one point until they may pass. The team that wins the biding gets 1/10 of their points back (rounded up to the nearest whole number) while the team that looses the bid gets all their points back. The team that won the bidding then must choose a member to be the seeker. Standard hide-and-seek rules apply. If the seeker finds all the members of his own team before he finds any other player then this is a foul and play must start over. Also, the first player to be found is eliminated from the game. Each team then divides up their points as evenly as possibly, starting with the seeker(if he was on the team) and continuing on down from the last player to be found on down to the first until the points are exhausted. The game then goes back to the choosing of teams. The first player to have seventeen points wins.

I just remembered there was an entire section on the rules of stickball in the book. Different game, but you guys have been sitting on this idea for a while, haven't you?
    This one involves less direct torture.
    It took me a while to decipher that paragraph. I kept thinking torture was turtles because the art of Malachi looked like he was wearing a turtle shell helmet.

AdamRW wrote: »

We'll fix that in post.

Hey! Quick aside, you and Katie are awesome and I love the strip. My kids and I loved the Kickstarter loot as well.

• AdamRWAdamRW Registered User regular

We'll fix that in post.

Hey! Quick aside, you and Katie are awesome and I love the strip. My kids and I loved the Kickstarter loot as well.

No, you and your kids are awesome. Let's consider this settled.

Also, your profile pic is awesome and I hope that's your actual dog. (I've got a soft spot for white, fluffy dogs. I'm a Bichon Frise man myself.)

• prime_pmprime_pm Registered User regular
    Reading this in the voice of Andrea Libman is...amazing.

Also, your profile pic is awesome and I hope that's your actual dog. (I've got a soft spot for white, fluffy dogs. I'm a Bichon Frise man myself.)

Good eye, he is a Bichon (Nemo), and is my daughter's dog who is tolerant enough to let her put her Harry Potter glasses on him long enough to get his picture taken.

He is a very good boy.

• Laika ClementineLaika Clementine Registered User regular
    Now I wanna play Catchy stick......