As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

West 2017 Hotel Partners

• Options
    havok978havok978 Baltimore, MdRegistered User regular
    Welp, back at the Sheraton for me

XyqJPIp.png
  • Options
    KopeAceticKopeAcetic Registered User regular
    Got the Grand Hyatt, seemed nice? FIRST PAX EVER HERE I COME!

• Options
    DracilDracil Registered User regular
    Thought I couldn't get the dates I wanted for Sheraton so went for Hyatt instead. But then couldn't switch and didn't wanna risk cancelling, and by the time I went back again Sheraton was sold out.

3DS: 2105-8644-6304
    Switch: US 1651-2551-4335 JP 6310-4664-2624
    MH3U Monster Cheat Sheet / MH3U Veggie Elder Ticket Guide
  • Options
    DreamwriterDreamwriter Registered User regular
    edited June 2017
    I'm glad I got a reservation for The Moore Hotel (a non-PAX hotel), all the official hotels are expensive, and the Moore is just off by Pike Place Market, so it's still close by. (My room at the Moore was $122 a night before taxes, you can shave $10 a night off by staying in a room with shared bathrooms).

Don't fret if you don't get rooms for all the days you want - keep checking back with OnPeak, rooms tend to re-open up quite often as people make changes to their plans. In the past I've gotten rooms at The Sheraton and at Homewood Suites weeks after they initially sold out.

Dreamwriter on
  • Options
    Dr.RocktipusDr.Rocktipus Registered User regular
    Got a room at the Sheraton, now just need to get tix.

• Options
    every day's greatevery day's great Registered User regular
    PAX yes, Sheraton no - once again it failed at checkout "someone else booked your room while you were entering your payment information - please start all over." And of course nothing is available. :-(

Why don't they give you a couple of minutes to check out the way Showclix does?

• Options
    Don't fret if you don't get rooms for all the days you want - keep checking back with OnPeak, rooms tend to re-open up quite often as people make changes to their plans. In the past I've gotten rooms at The Sheraton and at Homewood Suites weeks after they initially sold out.
    Cool, will try that.

• Options
    LoonyEclipseLoonyEclipse WWHRD? Montreal, QCRegistered User regular
    Got my preferred hotel- the Crowne Plaza- 2 double beds. Very happy with the well, lack of a wait on the booking.

My pin lanyard
    PSN: L00nyEclip
    Steam: Loony Eclipse
    Twitter: @Loonyeclipse

8hQBw4O.png
  • Options
    PotatoemanPotatoeman Registered User regular
    The Sheraton is closer to the convention center, but if you got the Grand Hyatt I'd be pleased as well! I've stayed their once and am probably going to be going there again this year. I like it better than the Sheraton, if only slightly.

• Options
    Hoboking006Hoboking006 Registered User regular
    Got Renaissance, could have gotten Sheraton but I couldn't fill out the credit information fast enough...

May PAX be upon you.
  • Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    PAX yes, Sheraton no - once again it failed at checkout "someone else booked your room while you were entering your payment information - please start all over." And of course nothing is available. :-(

This is unfortunately a known issue. It's definitely been communicated to OnPeak.

• Options
    TimoonTimoon Occupied Canada Registered User regular
    Paramount 2 years ago, right across the street from the convention center, was nice and quiet (good choice if your less of a party animal)

• Options
    KopeAceticKopeAcetic Registered User regular
    Potatoeman wrote: »
    The Sheraton is closer to the convention center, but if you got the Grand Hyatt I'd be pleased as well! I've stayed their once and am probably going to be going there again this year. I like it better than the Sheraton, if only slightly.

Ohh that's the reason Sheraton is top pick - distance over everything else?

• Options
    IncreaseBlueIncreaseBlue Registered User regular
    Got my preferred hotel- the Crowne Plaza- 2 double beds. Very happy with the well, lack of a wait on the booking.

Hurrah fellow Crowne Plaza goers! I booked the room while I waited for passes. Was going to try for Sheraton but can't argue with the cheaper rate.

• Options
    KopeAcetic wrote: »

Ohh that's the reason Sheraton is top pick - distance over everything else?
    Yes, it is the closest, and contains a fair bit of PAX itself. The other hotels that contain parts of pax are the Westin, the Olive 8, and the Grand Hyatt (usually. this is subject to change).

• Options
    Hoboking006Hoboking006 Registered User regular
    How have hotels been snatched up faster than tickets?

May PAX be upon you.
  • Options
    jamsyarbotsjamsyarbots Wilmington, DERegistered User regular

A lot of people, myself included, prioritize hotel rooms over badges.

• Options
    jthom252jthom252 Duarte, CARegistered User regular

I lucked out and got into the hotel queue right before tickets went up, the link for Dev and Attendee was the same. I think a few other people might of been keeping an eye on it.

Can anyone tell me what kind of room they got from Homewood last year via OnPeak? I can't tell from their website is it's the Studio Suite, 1 King, or 2 Doubles.

• Options
    I can agree the Grand Hyatt is a winner. It's a decent location (if not as good as the Sheraton) and the rooms have the nicest bathrooms of any hotel I've stayed in there. :)

• Options

Different queues/lack of queues vs. badges. I got right in for hotels, had to wait for passes.

My pin lanyard

8hQBw4O.png
  • Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    I got a room at the Sheraton through Monday morning, apparently all the rooms for Monday night were booked out while I was filling out my payment info.

I really wish OnPeak would hold your reservation for a limited window of time while you fill out the room and payment info, same way ShowClix holds badges for a limited amount of time while you fill out your information.

I still got a room for Monday night, though, and at least this time I don't have to change hotels on Sunday morning like last year.

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    I stayed in the Motif one year and thought it was kind of a dump in comparison, and the location wasn't as good.

I wish they would announce which hotel (if any) is being used for Tabletop play however, because that would also be a good hotel to stay in!!

• Options

Hurrah fellow Crowne Plaza goers! I booked the room while I waited for passes. Was going to try for Sheraton but can't argue with the cheaper rate.

The hotels are so close together, I really don't care which I get, location-wise. I went with price in 2015, ended up at the Crowne, and quite liked it- very comfortable rooms and quiet.

My pin lanyard

8hQBw4O.png
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    There are like 35000 tickets and far fewer reservations in the popular hotels. But as of this moment the Hyatt is still open I think? And don't tell anyone, but it's a good (and probably pretty obvious) strategy to try to book your room while you're in the queue.

every day's great on
  • Options
    I stayed in the Motif one year and thought it was kind of a dump in comparison, and the location wasn't as good.

I wish they would announce which hotel (if any) is being used for Tabletop play however, because that would also be a good hotel to stay in!!
    The last couple years it's been split between the convention center and the Olive 8

• Options
    DreamwriterDreamwriter Registered User regular
    edited June 2017
    Can anyone tell me what kind of room they got from Homewood last year via OnPeak? I can't tell from their website is it's the Studio Suite, 1 King, or 2 Doubles.

Two years ago I did Homewood, it was a 1 bedroom (so, bedroom with bed, livingroom with sleeper-sofa, full kitchen and two TVs). Not sure if it was a Queen or King bed in the bedroom. That doesn't mean that's what everyone got, though.

Dreamwriter on
  • Options
    havok978havok978 Baltimore, MdRegistered User regular

A lot of people, myself included, prioritize hotel rooms over badges.

Same for me. I've had so many issues with previous PAXes trying to get a hotel squared away that I typically prioritize hotel first. I can always get badges later if it comes down to that, but I want the piece of mind of having my hotel taken care of.

XyqJPIp.png
  • Options
    acaraba2acaraba2 Tampa, FLRegistered User regular
    Glad I was able to get Sheraton again this year. But failed to get in the queue in time to get the Dice Set.

jf7bixxxlknz.png

• Options
    kalanikalani Straight Edge O.G Edmonds WARegistered User regular
    For pax i usually stay at the sheraton .But it sold out before i could book a room. I got a room at the The Roosevelt Hotel .How does it compare to the other hotels

• Options
    SkeleVaderSkeleVader Your Friendly Dark Lord of Destruction Registered User regular
    I got kicked out of the Sheraton after I entered all my info, but I did get the Hilton. I was away from my computer just a little too long. Oh well, a few blocks wont kill me.

IhtGIyi.png
  • Options
    HeadhunterHeadhunter Registered User regular
    SUPER happy that I got back into the Hyatt @ Olive 8 again after missing them in 2015/2016, my favourite hotel in the area.

"Perception is reality." -unknown
  • Options
    ancienteternityancienteternity Registered User regular
    Did the roomsharing thread open yet or am I missing it?

3HbAeAg.png

I'm ready for the next PAX already!
  • Options
    Did the roomsharing thread open yet or am I missing it?
    not yet.

• Options
    davobahdavobah Registered User regular
    @kalani I have stayed at both the Roosevelt and Sheraton. Roosevelt is much smaller and older but still fine. Their elevators are a bit slow too.

ewk6x7oeylli.png
  • Options
    dragon keeper xdragon keeper x Registered User regular
    zerzhul wrote: »

This is unfortunately a known issue. It's definitely been communicated to OnPeak.

This also happened to me, i had it all set up within a minute of the tweet too =(

Max sig size: 500x80px <3 Moe
    sig_dragonx.jpg
  • Options
    CKingCKing Registered User regular
    Headhunter wrote: »
    SUPER happy that I got back into the Hyatt @ Olive 8 again after missing them in 2015/2016, my favourite hotel in the area.

How are the bathrooms? This will be my first year there if Grand Hyatt doesn't open up again.

• Options
    dragon keeper xdragon keeper x Registered User regular
    So last year i swear there used to be a section on the hotel site that you could see each hotel in a spreadsheet and by days etc. cant seem to find it.

Max sig size: 500x80px <3 Moe
    sig_dragonx.jpg
  • Options
    DeimirDeimir Registered User regular
    Crowne Plaza is my favorite. This will be my 11th time at West overall, and my 6th time at Crowne. It's nearby enough that I can pop in easily if I just need to sit down by myself for a bit, and just far enough off the beaten path that I don't have to swim through a crowd of attendees and scalpers to get there and back.

Time off: done. Hotel: ??? Travel: ??? Badges: ???
    PAX Prime attendance: '07, '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13, '14, '15, '16
  • Options
    RedtailRedtail Registered User regular
    edited June 2017
    This will be my first time not staying at an AirBnB at the end of a bus route. Sounds like I made a good choice picking the Crowne.

Redtail on
  • Options
    Croatian SensationCroatian Sensation Registered User regular
    I'm excited to go to the sheraton for the first time!