As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Pub Crawl Hype Thread

AltDeleteAltDelete Registered User regular
Just got tickets! The first part of the the Dark Ritual is complete. Now we wait for details on the year's (potential?) pub crawl.

Where my Ravenclaws at.

• Options
    GT RacerGT Racer Registered User regular
    I simply can't wait to ruin my Friday morning.

• Options
    OptimusbryOptimusbry Event Designer Long Beach CARegistered User regular
    Soon

Nintendo ID: Optimusbry :: Xbox Live: Optimus Bry :: PSN: Optimusbry :: Steam ID: Optimus Bry
  • Options
    grandmaesterzarkgrandmaesterzark Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    My liver is ready.

SrYRCjk.png

• Options
    DarkNutKDDarkNutKD Registered User regular
    Now I can start planning the second best part of the trip, all the awesome events! Definitely want to get in on the bar crawl again this year.

• Options
    LoonyEclipseLoonyEclipse WWHRD? Montreal, QCRegistered User regular
    I know last year it reverted to Triwizard and the year prior it was Mad PAX- I take it it's remaining Triwazard from now on?

My pin lanyard
    PSN: L00nyEclip
    Steam: Loony Eclipse
    Twitter: @Loonyeclipse

8hQBw4O.png
  • Options
    CKingCKing Registered User regular
    I'm coming out a day early just so I won't land and immediately go to the crawl. Been dying to do it for 5 years. With the 20th anniversary, I'm saying keep it Potter.

• Options
    Pro-Potter as well. Wizard Drunk is a special kind of drunk.

• Options
    LoonyEclipseLoonyEclipse WWHRD? Montreal, QCRegistered User regular
    edited June 2017
    I'm pro-Max, but I've done a Triwizard before. A crawl is a crawl, at the end, for me- whatever the organizers decide!

LoonyEclipse on
    My pin lanyard
    PSN: L00nyEclip
    Steam: Loony Eclipse
    Twitter: @Loonyeclipse

8hQBw4O.png
  • Options
    SutibunRiSutibunRi Montreal, Quebec, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Anyone who was at the Crawl last year.. did anyone take pictures of the inebriated Green Ranger?
    I need pictures!

• Options
    ancienteternityancienteternity Registered User regular
    After the PokeCrawl at East, I'm ready to get my drank on on the other side of the country!

3HbAeAg.png

I'm ready for the next PAX already!
  • Options
    I3izzyI3izzy Nonofficial member of the F5 brigade FG, ORRegistered User regular
    in for the shenanigans

ZYseqtZ.png
  • Options
    DarkNutKDDarkNutKD Registered User regular
    Have there been any other crawl themes at Pax West besides Triwizard and Mad Max?

• Options
    I3izzyI3izzy Nonofficial member of the F5 brigade FG, ORRegistered User regular
    edited June 2017
    DarkNutKD wrote: »
    Have there been any other crawl themes at Pax West besides Triwizard and Mad Max?

Those are the only 2 I know. It was HP for 7 years, then we went Max for 1 and back to HP.
    The story was HP was only 7 years/books so that is why they changed it. Then I guess they figured it was best to go back.

I3izzy on
    ZYseqtZ.png
  • Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    At PAX East, it's Pokemon themed. At PAX South, it's Game of Thrones themed.

• Options
    How is it to crawl with mobility devices?

• Options
    whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    All the bars get pretty goddamn crowded because of us, which is probably going to be the biggest issue. Beyond that:

1. There may be a hill or two to deal with along your route, but nothing as bad as the hill from the convention center to Capitol Hill up Pike.
    2. Unicorn and Garage both used basement space. I don't recall if either had an elevator (want to say they both do, but...alcohol)
    3. The actual length of the route isn't that much. My house's clocked in at a mile total.

Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    whypick1 wrote: »
    All the bars get pretty goddamn crowded because of us, which is probably going to be the biggest issue. Beyond that:

1. There may be a hill or two to deal with along your route, but nothing as bad as the hill from the convention center to Capitol Hill up Pike.
    2. Unicorn and Garage both used basement space. I don't recall if either had an elevator (want to say they both do, but...alcohol)
    3. The actual length of the route isn't that much. My house's clocked in at a mile total.

It'll honestly be mostly for standing still. My joints dislocate and I can't do the convention with just my braces anymore. It'll be a walker with a seat (rollator). Mostly my worry is the crowd issue. I don't want to be in anyone's way.

I work 8 hours a night in 7 inch heels, for reference as to what I can do. If we won't be in each bar too long, I can do without.

CKing on
  • Options
    whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    Each stop is ~50 minutes then 10 minutes for travel time.

• Options
    KopeAceticKopeAcetic Registered User regular
    I'm sorry if this is a stupid question or answered elsewhere but what exactly is the pub crawl? I assume from the title there will be an official post later about it but why do people have Harry Potter houses?

SO EXCITED FOR MY FIRST PAX!

• Options
    Last year's thread may clear that up

• Options
    IncreaseBlueIncreaseBlue Registered User regular
    Were there any plans to bring back the HP Lovecraft one? I know the folks in charge of it took a hiatus last year.

• Options
    zepallicazepallica Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    Hufflepuff! Hufflepuff! Hufflepuff!

• Options
    ArlendorArlendor Registered User regular
    Huffledrunk reporting in - Potter-themed or bust!

• Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    OH HI THREAD

So literally the only reason the thread isn't up is because I'm on a boat in Alaska at work. Gimme a few days to get home and get the post done!

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    Awww yeah! You're the best. Safe travels!

• Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    I can at least offer up this to whet everyone's pallete.

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Not sure how into black milk clothing any of y'all are, but they're having another Harry Potter clothing release next week. Ya know, if anyone needs clothes for the crawl.

CKing on
  • Options
    Ravenclaw Tights Very Yes.

This discussion has been closed.