As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

West 2017 Registration

• zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    chetlin wrote: »
    I bought 3 full sets of passes, but did it over 2 separate transactions.. (had phone and PC both in the queue) That's ok and not against the rules, right? I sent an email to the pax questions address, but I'm sure they're really swamped right now and won't be getting to that any time soon. I'm not able to be relieved yet because this is hanging over me, haha
    As long as your multiple transactions did not go past the total combined limit when added together, it should be fine.

• PookyAlertPookyAlert Registered User regular
    Sweet sassy molassey, that was not fun. A well-meaning colleague sent me a video to celebrate while I was waiting in the queue, and YouTube crashed my browser completely. :bigfrown: Just for the record, I never depend on just one type of browser. :heartbeat: The second browser window was opened about a minute after my main window, and the phone shortly after that, but the second browser window won the day, all my tickets are secured. I will never have faith in the 'don't worry, we'll know where you were inna queue' statement. If you have a full browser crash, consider your place in the queue gone.

Also, when someone sends you something while the queue window's open, Respect the Queue Window. :snap:

• HodurHodur RedmondRegistered User regular
    Looks like things are super smooth this year - grats everyone who got tickets!

• TimoonTimoon Occupied Canada Registered User regular
    Sat all in carts at 12:45 limited Fri and Sun

• SkeleVaderSkeleVader Your Friendly Dark Lord of Destruction Registered User regular
    I bought 3 full sets of passes, but did it over 2 separate transactions.. (had phone and PC both in the queue) That's ok and not against the rules, right? I sent an email to the pax questions address, but I'm sure they're really swamped right now and won't be getting to that any time soon. I'm not able to be relieved yet because this is hanging over me, haha

No, four sets per household is the limit. Not per transaction, or per person It is per household.

IhtGIyi.png
  • sediroxsedirox Registered User regular
    Sat sold out. Fri and Sun are low

• chetlinchetlin Registered User new member
    zerzhul wrote: »
    As long as your multiple transactions did not go past the total combined limit when added together, it should be fine.

Thanks! Relieved now :)
    SkeleVader wrote: »

No, four sets per household is the limit. Not per transaction, or per person It is per household.

I did 1 transaction with 2 sets, and 1 with 1 set, so 3 sets total. Looks like I'm safe.

• every day's greatevery day's great Registered User regular
    edited June 2017
    I got in within seconds of the Tweet and was in the queue for probably ten minutes before getting moved to purchase badges.

That seemed like kind of a strange disconnect, but I'm not complaining. Other than that, everything went really smoothly.
    That is about par for the course. Since the queue has higher capacity than the actual checkout system (its purpose is to keep checkout from being overloaded and avoid a repeat of the 2012 server meltdowns) and since it takes a bit of time for people to make their selections and for the payment info to be processed, the queue will build up almost instantly and you will usually end up behind other folks, probably based on very minute timing variations.

But yeah, jumping on the Tweet within seconds is the winning strategy. :)

every day's great on
  • SkeleVaderSkeleVader Your Friendly Dark Lord of Destruction Registered User regular

Thanks! Relieved now :)
    SkeleVader wrote: »

I did 1 transaction with 2 sets, and 1 with 1 set, so 3 sets total. Looks like I'm safe.

My bad, yes you are safe.

IhtGIyi.png
  • ToddRussellToddRussell Registered User regular
    edited June 2017
    Saturday and Sunday are sold out. Friday is low, and Monday is still available.

Edit: And Friday sold out just as I posted.

ToddRussell on
  • BitTWistBitTWist Kitsap CountyRegistered User regular
    OK, got my passes, but when i saw my email receipt, I realized auto correct changed part of my mailing address. What do I need to do to get that corrected?

3DS:2552-1222-3225 / PSN:BitTwist
  • sediroxsedirox Registered User regular
    BitTWist wrote: »
    OK, got my passes, but when i saw my email receipt, I realized auto correct changed part of my mailing address. What do I need to do to get that corrected?

Email pax_questions@paxsite.com

• gunter_crambellgunter_crambell Registered User new member
    Missed tickets last year. Only got Fri/Sat the year before (first year, didn't realize that four days is the way to go). Happy I got tickets this year! Moving to Washington next month, an hour commute from the convention. Much hype.

• DMVDMV Registered User new member

Same thing happened with my phone number. Their twitter said to email pax_questions@paxsite.com to have them fix it. The email just needed corrected information and a confirmation number.

• ToddRussellToddRussell Registered User regular
    Missed tickets last year. Only got Fri/Sat the year before (first year, didn't realize that four days is the way to go). Happy I got tickets this year! Moving to Washington next month, an hour commute from the convention. Much hype.

Well then, let me be the first to say "Welcome to Washington". It's such a nice state to live in :) .

• cedelacruzcedelacruz Kirkland WARegistered User regular
    I was in a damn work meeting that went over. Got in at 12:13 and thought I was screwed, was able to get all days except for Saturday!

• Bladed CicadaBladed Cicada Registered User regular

I believe as long as it doesn't exceed 4 full sets for the same card or address you should be good.

you can actually log in to showclix to change this. https://www.showclix.com/my-tickets/login

• byakuenbyakuen Somewhere in SeattleRegistered User regular
    Wow, that has to be the fastest and smoothest transaction thus far.
    SMS went off at 12:00PM PST (Heading out to lunch). Clicked on link, queued up, refreshed a couple of times, and into checkout at 12:10PM. Took me about four minutes to decide and pay!

Thanks ShowClix for making the process painless.

♥ Properly Pleased Participant of Past PAX PrimeWest: '10, '12, '13, '14, '15, '16
  • BitTWistBitTWist Kitsap CountyRegistered User regular
    you can actually log in to showclix to change this. https://www.showclix.com/my-tickets/login

Thanks, that took care of it.

3DS:2552-1222-3225 / PSN:BitTwist
  • HeadhunterHeadhunter Registered User regular
    Didn't go as fast this year, I didn't join the queue until 15 minutes after launch & still grabbed a pass.

Whoo hoo!

"Perception is reality." -unknown
  • happyoctopushappyoctopus Registered User new member

I believe as long as it doesn't exceed 4 full sets for the same card or address you should be good.

Uh oh. Is this written anywhere when checking out? I don't remember seeing it, which is entirely on me. My roommate and I bought 4 sets each (8 total) since we were buying for a few friends who were at work/away from computers. They're on different cards but the same mailing address, since we live together. Is it likely that one or both transactions will be canceled? Should I email them?

• cbelleviecbellevie Registered User regular

WA is great, welcome! If you are driving to PAX and are an hour out, make sure you are familiar with the actual commuting traffic for Friday. It can suck in a big, bad way.

• jthom252jthom252 Duarte, CARegistered User regular
    Looks like the dice sold out before the tickets did. Kind of amazed how long the tickets stayed up this year.

• vidvid Hot Dog Wizard PDXRegistered User regular
    edited June 2017
    Whew! Attempted to check-out with a set of dice and badges for a friend, and my bank decided I was being suspicious and locked down the card I was using to make my purchase. By the time I got that squared away, the dice were sold out, but fortunately I was able to get the badge situation on lockdown.

It's funny, I think this is probably the smoothest and fastest the queue has gone for me since 2012, so it's only logical that this would be the year that some other issue jams up the works!

vid on
    55ymlH2.png
  • Bladed CicadaBladed Cicada Registered User regular

Uh oh. Is this written anywhere when checking out? I don't remember seeing it, which is entirely on me. My roommate and I bought 4 sets each (8 total) since we were buying for a few friends who were at work/away from computers. They're on different cards but the same mailing address, since we live together. Is it likely that one or both transactions will be canceled? Should I email them?

I would email them right away. That is enough to have both orders cancelled I do believe. Perhaps contact and tell them you'll cancel 1 order if the think it's still suspect? Not 100% on how they'll handle that but it does state no multiple orders to the same address :bigfrown: Good luck!

This is written on the page where you select your badge counts. It's maximum 4 sets per household. You should absolutely email them.

• happyoctopushappyoctopus Registered User new member
    Ack. Thank you! I'll email them now. I completely missed that in the badge rush.

• TashannocTashannoc Registered User regular
    Ack. Thank you! I'll email them now. I completely missed that in the badge rush.

I had something similar happen to me a few years ago: Two names at the same address. They didn't cancel the badges, but they did insist that we both come down and pick up the badges at will call with ID to match the name on the order.

• Spokane_SnowManSpokane_SnowMan Registered User regular
    vid wrote: »
    Whew! Attempted to check-out with a set of dice and badges for a friend, and my bank decided I was being suspicious and locked down the card I was using to make my purchase. By the time I got that squared away, the dice were sold out, but fortunately I was able to get the badge situation on lockdown.

It's funny, I think this is probably the smoothest and fastest the queue has gone for me since 2012, so it's only logical that this would be the year that some other issue jams up the works!

My card blocked the first go as well, I just immediately used a different card.

I think it is time to cancel that card. They have blocked me on console orders, christmas shopping, event purchases. They are too paranoid about fraud and are fucking up my stuff.

• Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular
    Is this where I ascend to Valhalla with my PAX pass gifted brethren?

• BekerBeker Child's Play Program Director SeattleRegistered User, Penny Arcade Staff regular
    So did I just miss it or was there only a box to check to be in the Omegathon and no text box to plead and garner eye rolls?

A few years ago rather then a text box that many people in a rush don't grok completely, we started sending an email later to the email addresses of the people that purchased badges asking for you to opt in. Then we make the calls based on that.

-Beker/Erick
    zx6ak2M.png
  • MaelstronMaelstron Registered User new member
    So, I hate to have to ask this question, but considering my options.... I don't have any....
    I just came home, looked at twitter to see if any news and three of the four days badges are already sold out.... By reading the FAQ, is that it? I missed the release by three hours and now I can't buy badges for those days? Will there be more? No love for other timezones? I guess there goes my chance to shout green flame with the audience....

• whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    1. There may be another sale of badges that were sold people who broke the rules/found to be scalpers and were thus reclaimed. There is no warning for it and badges will disappear in minutes.
    2. There's also buying them second-hand. Just not that you are not allowed to do so on here.

Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
  • DaPaladinDaPaladin Registered User regular
    There have been resales of Badges that are reclaimed in the past, I believe the Great Spreadsheet has dates and times from previous years. Otherwise this was the one official opportunity to get badges.

jparp8146qaj.png
  • MaelstronMaelstron Registered User new member
    Thanks.
    I guess I have to hope for the best. Just kind of wish there was some... better chance for international people. Going to PAX shouldn't be this hard when we have to deal with expensive airfare and hotel stay already.
    I'll make the best out of monday.

• Hoboking006Hoboking006 Registered User regular
    jthom252 wrote: »
    Looks like the dice sold out before the tickets did. Kind of amazed how long the tickets stayed up this year.

Mondays still there to, and it didn't take forever for the que to load. What black magc is this?

May PAX be upon you.
  • cbelleviecbellevie Registered User regular
    I was just coming to post that Monday was still available. That seems nuts to me.

• RiDERiDE the WORST! Hotel CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    cbellevie wrote: »
    I was just coming to post that Monday was still available. That seems nuts to me.

all our nervous, worrying energy from the long wait has obviously propelled us into an alternate dimension where badges don't sell out within seconds and showclix actually works instead of pulling fun pranks such as limiting everyone to 2 of each badge or leaving everyone in the queue for 45+ mins

"Try, try again. Then quit. There's no use being a damned fool about it."
  • cedelacruzcedelacruz Kirkland WARegistered User regular
    edited June 2017
    I think the demand for Monday badges has gone down by a lot. A lot of attendees are spent by Sunday night, shoot if I was going Saturday I'd be spent by Saturday night "damn these old knees!"

And scalpers have realized they can't make much off Monday badges.

cedelacruz on