As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[5E OOC] Before the Darkness - "Who Watches the Poopmen"

• Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    tentacles could be used to shoot even more crossbows

also, I've been dinking around with heroforge for various characters, and I figure I'd share a take on Auraj

https://www.heroforge.com/load_config=502964

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    That is so, so perfect for our resident carnivore.

• Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    edited June 2017
    while I'm at it, let's do my take on the rest of ya' (except for our necromancer friend, I'll make something for him when I have a better impression)

Angus

Elidana

Tusk

Based off your token pictures

I had fun with all of them, but I had to take some guesses with Elidana because I didn't find a readily accessible character sheet (plus she gets a dragon friend because she likes dragons, maybe it's a future dragon lovechild or something I dunno dragon genetics are weird)

oh, and I couldn't remember what race Tusk is so I guessed half-orc

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular
    He is half orc, but all party!

And that's pretty darn close to how I built him in Hero Forge myself!

Only difference I can see is that I made him barefoot. Shoes are for people who don't have an enhanced unarmored AC and comprehensive damage resistance!

Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • Options
    iguanacusiguanacus Desert PlanetRegistered User regular
    Though, as discussed last night he DOES own shoes. They were a gift and he doesn't want them to get dirty.

• Options
    iguanacus wrote: »
    Though, as discussed last night he DOES own shoes. They were a gift and he doesn't want them to get dirty.

Tusk's mom worries that he'll catch a cold. She thinks that being possessed and thereby empowered by the Great Mad Boar Spirit is "just a phase".

Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    i've never really played with hero forge before. that looks cool.

but i also love the default animation shrug thing they got going on in all the examples.

• Options
    how close did I get on Angus and Elidana?

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    Dubh wrote: »
    how close did I get on Angus and Elidana?

pretty dang close, though she doesn't have a familiar. just General Sparks, The Arsonist Dog.

• Options
    Had a brief discussion re: General Sparks at my party tonight and we determined that all dogs go to heaven, which may be relevant in the future.

• Options
    so how much of a priority should I put in getting my dexterity score to 16?

because there's a lot of feats I want to take

Sharpshooter, Alert, Skulker, and Gourmand are all things I REALLY want

but I have to chooooooooose (let's not forget that intelligence score at 11)

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    Rainfall wrote: »
    Had a brief discussion re: General Sparks at my party tonight and we determined that all dogs go to heaven, which may be relevant in the future.

i will drive to your house if you kill general sparks.

Don't ask me how i will find it, but i will. And Then I will have stern words for you.

• Options
    Dubh wrote: »
    so how much of a priority should I put in getting my dexterity score to 16?

because there's a lot of feats I want to take

Sharpshooter, Alert, Skulker, and Gourmand are all things I REALLY want

but I have to chooooooooose (let's not forget that intelligence score at 11)

Honestly, getting your Dex up is pretty darn important. Your accuracy and damage both depend on it. I'd suggest planning long term to push it to 20, and taking feats with the leftover attribute bumps. I only took a feat at 4 myself because I set myself up with an odd numbered Strength score to start and planned to get a feat that included another +1 Strength. Otherwise, I probably wouldn't be messing with feats until much higher level, unless they looked game changing (like Great Weapon Master will at level 8).

• Options
    Also, the only ways to get more feats in 5e are to start as a Human, or to dip into the Fighter class, whose progression gives them 7 attribute bonuses/feat opportunities instead of the 5 everybody else gets. But that would be a super long-term solution, since they get the two that other classes don't get at 6th and 14th level.

• Options
    Angus is bang on

• Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    They just announced Xanathar's Guide to Everything

New book in November with the new subclasses and new rules for DMs etc

They're talking about it now

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    The other option is to lay hands on a pair of Gloves of Dexterity, which set your Dex to 19.

• Options
    The other option is to lay hands on a pair of Gloves of Dexterity, which set your Dex to 19.

worth considering!

by the time I need that extra magic item slot, I could probably get that 16 dex

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    so I could take a feat with a dex bonus at level 8

then go with +2 dex at level 12 to put me at 18 dex

from there I can go for sharpshooter or another +2 dex

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    Hello, friends! I miss you dearly, and I am both happy and sad to report that I will be returning home on July 1st.

• Options
    godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    (Happy to be home, sad it's almost a month away)

• Options
    When your dude is ready to rejoin the team, we'll send General Sparks to burn down the inn he's been staying at.

• Options
    *checks calendar* YEAH

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    General Sparks is a free agent. He does what he will.

Best of luck Godmode.

• Options
    I like that more than half the party can Speak with Animals, and we're all like "do you want to talk to the dog? No? Me neither. Just gonna wind up on a witness list if you try to communicate with him."

• Options
    speak for yourselves

Auraj is learning a LOT from General Sparks

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    i imagine if he was to speak it would be: unreasonably deep voiced, in german, and backwards.

• Options
    Everyone's good for tonight, right? Gonna abuse some more gnomes?

• Options
    I'm leaving work and getting dinner in 10 minutes, should be home in plenty of time.

• Options
    gunna abuse all them gnomes.

• Options
    I'm almost finished with making my dinner

gonna chase it down with a beer just in time for the game

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    Ugh I hate to do this last minute but i just passed out for like thirty minutes and my brain isnt functioning, dont think im going ti he able to run.

• Options
    No worries! Get some rest, and feel better hopefully!

• Options
    S'cool. Just remember, if you don't have your health, you haven't got anything.

• Options
    take care of yourself! it's important

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    self care is important.

but while i'm here i'm going to keep floating the idea of a bank robbery.

• Options
    Melding wrote: »
    self care is important.

There IS a bank in Hemlock Bay if you really want to rob it.

• Options
    self care is important.

it's a city that worships an evil god and half their guards are dead. it's like it's begging to be robbed.

• Options
    self care is important.

it's a city that worships an evil god and half their guards are dead. it's like it's begging to be robbed.

It's also named after a poisonous plant!

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    self care is important.

It's also named after a poisonous plant!

At that point, it'd be evil not to rob it.