As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[L5R LCG] Imperial cycle has releases faster than One Punch Man fight scenes.

• TheColonelTheColonel ChicagolandRegistered User regular
    Got the Thursday tournament (ended up at 1509 in line). Super excited for this.

• AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    TheColonel wrote: »
    Got the Thursday tournament (ended up at 1509 in line). Super excited for this.

Jealous. :(

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Wow. And a dude on Facebook just posted that he has 19 extra tickets and will be auctioning them off. Jesus.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    edited May 2017
    Scalpers are the scum of the Empire.

They're lower in the Celestial Order than pond scum.

I would, at least, check the website again in a hour just in case some tickets time out in people's cart.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
    PMAvers wrote: »
    Scalpers are the scum of the Empire.

They're lower in the Celestial Order than pond scum.

At least pond scum serves a purpose.. though you'll never see any in a Crane's gardens.

Hopefully FFG will reply in some fashion. Obviously a lot of those buying for the Inagural did so to bypass the line at the GenCon store. That's where I would expect the most scalping to be.

Ugh. I mean I expected that? But still hearing it is majorly shitty.

edited May 2017
    The happiest thing I could think of would be opening another event like that, or letting people who got a core via the line fill in and play in the Thursday event for those who just want the box and dropped. I could see them adding more seats to the Friday event, too.

I guess the best result would be all that, plus having no one buy the scalper's tickets and watch as they get stuck with hundreds of dollars in GC system credit.

EDIT: Apparently GenCon's been alerted to it and are looking into it.

EDIT 2: From what I've heard, it was actually BS and the guy was lying. He got called out on it and confessed.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    How many months after you cool GenCon kids get your prestigious early access can the rest of us get the game?

What is this I don't even.
    edited May 2017
    Well, it's going to have a FFG Worlds event, so it has to be out before then. I think they said Q4, so maybe October? Although I wonder with how much of a positive response it's been getting if they might try to push it out earlier.

(Granted, having something early is sometimes a double-edged sword in that technically you won't have anyone to *play* it with until the regular release, unless your group of folks also went.)

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • Dis'Dis' Registered User regular
    Well, it's going to have a FFG Worlds event, so it has to be out before then. I think they said Q4, so maybe October? Although I wonder with how much of a positive response it's been getting if they might try to push it out earlier.

(Granted, having something early is sometimes a double-edged sword in that technically you won't have anyone to *play* it with until the regular release, unless your group of folks also went.)

I dunno given how messed up some of FFGs other big box early releases have been its very hard to speculate.

Spells require Shugenja by default, I believe. But.. damn.

edited May 2017
    And the Kolat network with our first preview proper of Lion week!

Honored-General.png

https://i1.wp.com/kolatinformant.com/wp-content/uploads/Honored-General.png

Edit: Jeez! FFG making up for Monday being a holiday.

From "Podcast of the Five Rings"

WgwnSwTh.png

Athenor on
    Sounds like the fiction for this week got pushed back to next week due to the holidays. Probably why we've been seeing all these previews.

Speaking of which, Deathseeker.

persona4celestia.jpg
    The more I think about it, the more hilarious the Deathseeker having a political skill is.

Just sitting in the corner during a tea ceremony, and then when things look bad just flipping out.

persona4celestia.jpg
    edited June 2017
    Troll5R got a preview they just posted...

https://www.facebook.com/Troll5R/?fref=nf

dpSBdWqh.png

I don't want to spam the thread, but these are coming in pretty fast and furious. Any suggestions/takers on better ways to handle this? There also doesn't seem to be a ton of discussion..

Personally I'm waiting for Unicorn, as they are my clan of choice. :)

Athenor on
  • NealnealNealneal Registered User regular
    I'm just here for the swimming lessons.
    When my Scorpions get their previews, I'll probably be inclined to chat more.

Athenor wrote: »
    I don't want to spam the thread, but these are coming in pretty fast and furious. Any suggestions/takers on better ways to handle this? There also doesn't seem to be a ton of discussion..

I say go ahead and post them. Having more cards to discuss and possible synergies will probably spark more conversation.

I think at the very minimum, we should try to link to the community site that gets a preview.

Ready for Battle seems handy. I'm trying to remember the classic card that it reminds me of, but having a brain fart this morning. Test of Courage keeps popping up in my brain, but that was anti-moving.

persona4celestia.jpg
    I think at the very minimum, we should try to link to the community site that gets a preview.

Ready for Battle seems handy. I'm trying to remember the classic card that it reminds me of, but having a brain fart this morning. Test of Courage keeps popping up in my brain, but that was anti-moving.

Inner Fire? Straighten a dude, but you can't target him again. Something like that right. My brain is flitting through a 14 year old memory of a Yogo Towers deck.

• BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular

I'm actually really enjoying the actual cards being posted. I can't see most of the sites that these are revealed on at work, but for some reason the work filter doesn't pick up PA.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
    edited June 2017
    Just a random thought, but I wonder if there's a mechanical reason for honor to be tracked with counters instead of a dial.

FFG sure loves them some dials.

Also I'm starting to kick myself that I never got a proper Flying Tricycle faceplate back in the day when they were more plentiful. EDIT: Nevermind, found one!

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    Just a random thought, but I wonder if there's a mechanical reason for honor to be tracked with counters instead of a dial.

FFG sure loves them some dials.

Also I'm starting to kick myself that I never got a proper Flying Tricycle faceplate back in the day when they were more plentiful.

FFG tends to prefer tokens for anything that's a currency. Like if you are going to be gaining quite a few, or trading with your opponent. They might also want to leave the design space open to have more than 25, or even negative honor.

edited June 2017
    Speaking of which, I may have tracked one down on eBay...

And may have accidentally ordered the wrong base-plate. Might have not read the description fully and it was the joke Shadowlands one, which has -19 all the way around the dial. Thankfully the seller realized what happened and messaged me at the same time about it and is going to swap it out for the right one.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • lwt1973lwt1973 King of Thieves SyndicationRegistered User regular
    Just waiting until the Shadowlands and Moto Tsume show up.

"He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
    Will Ninjas do?

Not sure the source of this spoiler. It just popped up out of nowhere.

bcvv9agh.png

Looks like it was specifically sent to the Reddit sub, /r/L5R.

Funny that we're seeing some anti-swarm tech during Lion week. :D

persona4celestia.jpg
    edited June 2017
    Lion fiction's up: The Price of War.
    Boom. Headshot.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    I need some Bayushi Shoju up in these stories.
    The old Scorpion novel was my favorite. Such a tragedy.
    Then again, I loved Hantei Naseru, and was pissed when they changed his name, so my tastes are suspect.

In retrospect, this is probably a bad idea to spread...

But they're putting up more tickets for the GenCon events.

persona4celestia.jpg
    FFG is adding more seats to both the story tourney and the Friday tourney. They are also clarifying that no matter how many tickets you buy for the story tourney, you are only getting 1 core set, and generics may be available.

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2017/6/8/a-legion-of-samurai/

Heh. Great minds..

Yeah. I'm gonna try my wishlist again, and I'm also going to refresh to see if any of the people who bought in for extra cores drop their extra ticket.

Huh, interesting. It actually mentioned that the Thursday event will have a 30-card minimum on deck sizes.

persona4celestia.jpg
    Huh, interesting. It actually mentioned that the Thursday event will have a 30-card minimum on deck sizes.

Earlier they said it would be deckbuilding out of the learn to play book. So I think this is how they are doing it -- LTP is 30 cards, official rules are 40.

• Dis'Dis' Registered User regular

They did this for thrones 2.0 release as well - hard to make a full size deck from one core

They doubled both events. 700 for the storyline, 300 for tourney.

Nice. That's bloody huge.

Kind of funny that this news pairs well with the new preview for today, Good Omen.

persona4celestia.jpg
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiMwrJVQBe0

Oh, hey, a thing came today too.

V5YDXC1.jpg

persona4celestia.jpg
    ... Should've figured you for a Mantis. :)

Anyways, @Farangu , should the videos go in the OP? They are obviously there to hype up the clans...

• FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
    Which videos? I haven't been keeping up lately.

They have posted a Lion and a Crane video on the official FFG youtube, seen in PMAvers post above.