As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Rest in Peace, Adam West.

WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular

Adam west has passed away at 88 after a short battle with Leukemia

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    @Keith just texted me this.

Terrible news

• wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I'll always remember the Batusi

https://youtu.be/RsYA8Gr5NTY

• XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    He still looked really good for being almost 90.

• DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    god damn it

edited June 2017
    Also
    FUCK CANCER

Raijin Quickfoot on
    The Batman tv show had such a damn good list of actors involved, West included.

• Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    FUCK

• Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    Fuck this.

• SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular

• Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Batman '66 is one of the purest sources of delight and joy that I know of

Rest in piece, and thank you for everything you gave me

edited June 2017
    edit never mind I can't read

Grey Ghost on
  • masterofmetroidmasterofmetroid Have you ever looked at a world and seen it as a kind of challenge?Registered User regular
    He was, no joke, no irony, still the best live-action Batman in my book

I'm gonna miss him

• PhillisherePhillishere Registered User regular
    I'm glad that he got to live long enough for a critical reappraisal of his Batman. The 90s were really harsh on it, and you could tell from interviea that he took it personally.

I loved Batman 66 as a kid, and then when I was an adolescen/teenager I decided I was too good for it and I needed my Batman to be taken SERIOUSLY not this goofy BULLSHIT
    and then in recent years, thanks to some stuff Chris Sims wrote and some urging from a few people on this forum I went back and found that they knew exactly what they were doing, and it was great, and I loved it

• Kane Red RobeKane Red Robe Master of Magic ArcanusRegistered User regular

I'm gonna miss him

Same, West played the best live action Batman to date. This is a real bummer.

damn it I wish I'd gone to the con here last year and tried to meet him

• turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Well fuck everything then

X22wmuF.jpg
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    I don't know if I ever went through a period where I disowned Adam West's Batman, but there was definitely a few years where I'd largely forgotten about it. It was amazing to revisit the movie a few years back and discover how purposefully absurd and weird it was and fall in love with it all over again

I'm gonna miss him

He didn't need plastic molded muscles.

All West.

• Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    damn it I wish I'd gone to the con here last year and tried to meet him

That happened with me with Darwyn Cooke and I'm still not over it

• DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    I guess l blow a hundred on Amazon

Who is still alive from that cast?

All I can think of is Eartha Kitt

Burt Ward

• DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    wirehead26 wrote: »

Burt Ward

Speaking of, someone posted this in chat and all I can think while watching it is "Man, Burt Ward looks like he doesn't want to be there today."

• DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Movie
    Series on Blu Ray
    Return of the Caped Crusaders
    Funko Batman and Batmobile

I've been on the fence about that Batmobile for a few months

• OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    I'm sure West was always in on the joke, but I think he might have had a Shatner-esque phase where he was a bit full of himself. Luckily by the time he was guest starring on Johnny Bravo, he had made the flip to self-awareness and it made him one of my favorite celebrities as a result

I'm glad he got to see the Batman 66 show rereleased, finally, on Blu Ray and DVD. That only happened a couple years ago, and up until then the only exposure I had to it was the movie (which I loved since I was eight) and whatever random episode they'd show at four in the morning on TV Land or whatever

Being able to go back and actually see all the great work that he and the rest of the cast and writers did was awesome for me personally, totally lived up to the heights of the movie, and greatly aided in the critical reappraisal of the show plus exposed a new generation to it for the first time in decades

It really truly holds up as a work of deadpan parody, genuine comedy, and earnest appreciation of its material

RIP, sir. You were our greatest Batman

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    It's not directly related to him but I looked up the text from the opening of the movie and yep that did it I'm crying now

batman02.jpg
    batman03.jpg
    batman04.jpg

Reminder that Batman and Robin fought Bruce Lee

https://youtube.com/watch?v=13IuxNixyig

• UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    https://youtu.be/JJdXMrFRDGk

Legit the best Batman, live action or otherwise

edited June 2017
    Olivaw wrote: »
    I'm sure West was always in on the joke, but I think he might have had a Shatner-esque phase where he was a bit full of himself. Luckily by the time he was guest starring on Johnny Bravo, he had made the flip to self-awareness and it made him one of my favorite celebrities as a result

I'm glad he got to see the Batman 66 show rereleased, finally, on Blu Ray and DVD. That only happened a couple years ago, and up until then the only exposure I had to it was the movie (which I loved since I was eight) and whatever random episode they'd show at four in the morning on TV Land or whatever

Being able to go back and actually see all the great work that he and the rest of the cast and writers did was awesome for me personally, totally lived up to the heights of the movie, and greatly aided in the critical reappraisal of the show plus exposed a new generation to it for the first time in decades

It really truly holds up as a work of deadpan parody, genuine comedy, and earnest appreciation of its material

Him and Burt ward have a commentary track for the movie, and he talks about how they had wanted to reshoot the scene where batman gets attacked by a shark because of how bad it looked, and he fought tooth and nail to leave it because it was way funnier to watch him struggling with an obviously fake rubber shark

Speed Racer on
  • Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    SabreMau wrote: »

Still upset this wasn't adopted as a canon part of the Batman mythos

It makes Bruce a lot more human and ties his parents into it even more, that it's something he shared with his dad

6F32U1X.png
  • SassoriSassori Registered User regular
    Damn this sucks.

Such an awesome guy. At least he had a pretty awesome life.

Him and Burt ward have a commentary track for the movie, and he talks about how they had wanted to reshoot the scene where batman gets attacked by a shark because of how bad it looked, and he fought tooth and nail to leave it because it was way funnier to watch him struggling with an obviously fake rubber shark

That commentary track is fabulous

He pointed out on of my favorite gags that I missed for my entire life up to that point: when he's on the date with Fake Russian Catwoman and they're drinking at a fancy restaurant, he's got a brandy snifter

It's full of wholesome, ice cold milk

Because of course it is

signature-deffo.jpg

He pointed out on of my favorite gags that I missed for my entire life up to that point: when he's on the date with Fake Russian Catwoman and they're drinking at a fancy restaurant, he's got a brandy snifter

Because of course it is

That movie is amazing for how much it packs jokes into every little corner of the acting, set design, and editing

You catch something new and hilarious every god damn time

• Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular
    How had I never seen that 'Captain Quik' ad before?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRNcoJtsZhg

Like anyone could watch this and not make him Batman.

steam_sig.png
    EVERYBODY WANTS TO SIT IN THE BIG CHAIR, MEG!
  • RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    Aw jeez.

RIP Batman.

Because of course it is

That movie is amazing for how much it packs jokes into every little corner of the acting, set design, and editing

You catch something new and hilarious every god damn time

It's also got some truly memorable performances in it

Namely from Adam West and Frank Gorshin

To this day I still remember two moments: Bruce Wayne being all "I'll kill you all" because when I was a kid I one hundred percent believed him, shit was intense

And when Riddler accidentally knocks the Batcopter out of the sky, everyone else is flipping out on the Penguin Sub and he just turns away in complete shock, very quietly, "I got them...? I got them??"

signature-deffo.jpg