As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[MechWarrior/Battletech] The Oosik Irregulars are going to become canon! *EVACUATE THREAD*

• Options
    DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular
    Handgimp wrote: »
    Docshifty wrote: »
    And who could forget our glorious moment?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyMnRG90jcU

This match was routinely cited as one of the most engaging and entertaining of the entire tourney.

Yeah this was in the height of the jump snipe meta, and everyone else was hanging back waiting for the timer and hoping to get a lucky kill.

Meanwhile, both of our teams independently decided to brawl like goddamn heroes. Still pissed I didn't get that Highlander up top.

So I was organizing that with 12th Donegal. That was not independently. We both said "Hey ,what if we just fucking try and brawl?" so we agreed on a minimum number of airstrikes (I want to say we brought six each? Maybe less), mostly lined up and went to down, it was glorious.

Also, the Oosik secret handshake is dangerous to your health.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2FU8JcadKI

• Options
    NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
    It was heartwrenching that @Kaboodles_The_Assassin got knocked out with a lucky headshot at engagement +6seconds.

He trained superhard for this and was one of the anchors for the team.

a4irovn5uqjp.png
    Steam - NotoriusBEN | Uplay - notoriusben | Xbox,Windows Live - ThatBEN
  • Options
    KashaarKashaar Low OrbitRegistered User regular
    And who could forget our glorious moment?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyMnRG90jcU

This match was routinely cited as one of the most engaging and entertaining of the entire tourney.

Yeah this was in the height of the jump snipe meta, and everyone else was hanging back waiting for the timer and hoping to get a lucky kill.

Meanwhile, both of our teams independently decided to brawl like goddamn heroes. Still pissed I didn't get that Highlander up top.

So I was organizing that with 12th Donegal. That was not independently. We both said "Hey ,what if we just fucking try and brawl?" so we agreed on a minimum number of airstrikes (I want to say we brought six each? Maybe less), mostly lined up and went to down, it was glorious.

Also, the Oosik secret handshake is dangerous to your health.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2FU8JcadKI

Man I was just gonna post this :D

Indie Dev Blog | Twitter | Steam
    Unreal Engine 4 Developers Community.

I'm working on a cute little video game! Here's a link for you.
  • Options
    KashaarKashaar Low OrbitRegistered User regular
    It was heartwrenching that @Kaboodles_The_Assassin got knocked out with a lucky headshot at engagement +6seconds.

He trained superhard for this and was one of the anchors for the team.

Come on, he wasn't weighing the team down THAT much.

Indie Dev Blog | Twitter | Steam
    Unreal Engine 4 Developers Community.

I'm working on a cute little video game! Here's a link for you.
  • Options
    HandgimpHandgimp R+L=J Family PhotoRegistered User regular
    Hmmm I didn't remember it being organized. Then again, I've blacked out many times since then.

PwH4Ipj.jpg
  • Options
    ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited June 2017
    Sorry @Campy, I was only popping on real quick to polish off the ERSL "challenge" (I think I managed it between my two matches that did a combined 1400+ damage with my ERSL, ERPPC, Gauss Ebon Jaguar).

I'll likely be on later tonight after work (probably be a couple of hours or so).

Erlkönig on
    | Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options
    CampyCampy Registered User regular
    Erlkönig wrote: »
    Sorry Campy, I was only popping on real quick to polish off the ERSL "challenge" (I think I managed it between my two matches that did a combined 1400+ damage with my ERSL, ERPPC, Gauss Ebon Jaguar).

I'll likely be on later tonight after work (probably be a couple of hours or so).

Nay worries! There's a whole 6 of us in now!

• Options
    DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular
    Hmmm I didn't remember it being organized. Then again, I've blacked out many times since then.

Yeah, I cant remember the guys name but both of us pretty early on were set on giving an entertaining match, instead of a full on tryhard game.

• Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    Ugh okay what do I need to do to get the Crusader into MWO and thereby into the HBS game?

The more I look at it the more I waaaaaant.

Seriously, it's perfect for that game. LRMs, SRMs, lasers and guns! I just wanna drop the MLas to SLas and toss a heat sink in the head and just fucking thrash anything that comes into melee range.

I guess there's the Catapult, the Archer, and arguably the Orion all offer similar profiles. And the Orion has the added benefit of dakka because Oosik.

Still, I wanna punch and blast shit

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    All right small laser challenge done , took one game .

• Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    @Maijinamuro You want to add insult to injury? That match you crashed in you won the supply crate!
    Tox wrote: »
    Ugh okay what do I need to do to get the Crusader into MWO and thereby into the HBS game?

The more I look at it the more I waaaaaant.

Seriously, it's perfect for that game. LRMs, SRMs, lasers and guns! I just wanna drop the MLas to SLas and toss a heat sink in the head and just fucking thrash anything that comes into melee range.

I guess there's the Catapult, the Archer, and arguably the Orion all offer similar profiles. And the Orion has the added benefit of dakka because Oosik.

Still, I wanna punch and blast shit

I hear money could do it. But seriously, I think the Crusader was one that people really wanted after the Unseen came into the game. I just wanted a Wasp or Stinger (or my ultimate fantasy was the Valkyrie, but knew that was never going to happen).

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    MaijinamuroMaijinamuro Registered User regular
    exiw3bzs9pjk.jpg

This was supposed to be a joke build... I put 10 small pulse lasers and 3 erml in a Stormcrow after using 10 ersml for the event.

• Options
    Dammit Maijin...once again, my experience is the opposite of the others who are posting here. I end up getting nothing but potatoes on my team in solo queue. I mean, granted, I'm trying out a joke build (Summoner with 2xLPL and 2xERML) and I'm out-damaging the rest of my team...

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    So...I guess PGI, in their infinite wisdom, decided that there wasn't any need to have cooldowns on airstrikes and artillery strikes. I've been having back to back group queue matches where I've had 3-5 air/artillery strikes stacked on top of each other. This shit is just getting ridiculous.

EDIT - okay...salt levels rising (I need my kitten livestream, STAT!): piloting a Kit Fox with 2xERLL to try to get the "80 protected light" objective in group queue. Hitting override at the beginning of the match on Mining Colony, I have zero internal damage, light armor damage...and I briefly hit 100% (how brief? by the time the voice finishes saying "Override Engaged", I'm back down to 98% heat) and instantly die from overheating. DICEPGI plz!

Erlkönig on
  • Options
    HerothHeroth Registered User regular
    Haha holy shit, awesome work guys! The greatest of dick jokes!

1Gn4PNI.png
  • Options
    So...I guess PGI, in their infinite wisdom, decided that there wasn't any need to have cooldowns on airstrikes and artillery strikes. I've been having back to back group queue matches where I've had 3-5 air/artillery strikes stacked on top of each other. This shit is just getting ridiculous.

EDIT - okay...salt levels rising (I need my kitten livestream, STAT!): piloting a Kit Fox with 2xERLL to try to get the "80 protected light" objective in group queue. Hitting override at the beginning of the match on Mining Colony, I have zero internal damage, light armor damage...and I briefly hit 100% (how brief? by the time the voice finishes saying "Override Engaged", I'm back down to 98% heat) and instantly die from overheating. DICEPGI plz!

I see your kittens didn't work. Also at that time of the night you're probably running up against the really good players. You need to play around this time to get the poor, poor T4 players that are still running stock builds. Oh Thunderbolt with a LRM5, you're just not going to have a fun time against that Arctic Cheetah running 6 SPL...

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    NipsNips He/Him Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    In today's BATTLETECH in the AM, I send in the clowns Atlases en-masse. Destruction ensues.

https://youtu.be/LKCv2NH_xHc

JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • Options
    ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    Nips wrote: »
    In today's BATTLETECH in the AM, I send in the clowns Atlases en-masse. Destruction ensues.

https://youtu.be/LKCv2NH_xHc

Now that you've gone that far..now you need to make an atlas punch squad.

• Options
    I swear to god I dont understand this game.

I can stand infront of two enemy mechs in a kodiak and I die before i can do anything because they bore my CT out in less than a second.

but I keep seeing enemy kodiaks that take repeated fusillades from the entire enemy team and their armor isnt even cracked.

• Options
    Betsuni wrote: »

I see your kittens didn't work. Also at that time of the night you're probably running up against the really good players. You need to play around this time to get the poor, poor T4 players that are still running stock builds. Oh Thunderbolt with a LRM5, you're just not going to have a fun time against that Arctic Cheetah running 6 SPL...

Oh, the kittens eventually worked...I just had to leave group queue to maximize their effect. Became a bit of a terror in the last four matches in my 2xSPL/4xERSL Cheetah (PUG wolf packs can actually be pretty fun). After I wrapped up the Protected Light/Medium" objective, I hopped in my Hellbringer (haven't been in that one for a whiles) and went on a 700 damage bender.

• Options
    I'm at 38/80 of the protected challenge.

I dont know how much more I can do though. I hate piloting lights anymore.

Remember when I used to be good and would get like 3+ kills and 800+ damage in my firestarters?

• Options
    Buttcleft wrote: »

Remember when I used to be good and would get like 3+ kills and 800+ damage in my firestarters?

Could always run a twin-ERPPC Adder and stick with your heavies and assaults.

• Options
    Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular

Yep, I'm running a 2x cLPL KFX and its working very well.

steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
  • Options
    I finished mine off running the ERPPC 2SRM4 Panther that I bought on sale. Just stuck with the heavies/assaults and poked away to get the stupid thing to pop. You wouldn't imagine how many people just stand there taking shots these days.

Also lights are pretty much mean you need to run all the way down to speed tweak and radar derp unless you have AMS. I saw a 2 AMS Wolfhound today for crying out loud...

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options

Running a twin ERPPC Panther.

Well, i was, then i swapped the ERPPCs for LPLs.

• Options
    Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular
    Logged in and got handed 4 million c bills, a mech, and two bays. OK then?

• Options
    edited June 2017
    Phoenix-D wrote: »

and the rich keep getting richer!

edit

Well, fuck artillery. I'm 4/4 on using artillery today and killing myself with it.

Buttcleft on
  • Options

edit

Well, fuck artillery. I'm 4/4 on using artillery today and killing myself with it.

So what you are saying is that you are channeling the inner Oosik (and Cheerios).

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options

edit

So what you are saying is that you are channeling the inner Oosik (and Cheerios).

The worst thing is, i havent gotten so much as an enemy component destruction with my arty strikes.

Some damage, yeah, but overall just excelling in killing myself.

• Options
    MaijinamuroMaijinamuro Registered User regular

edit

The worst thing is, i havent gotten so much as an enemy component destruction with my arty strikes.

Have you tried not standing where you call the artillery at?

• Options

edit

Alternatively, stack your arty strike with the strikes from the rest of your team. Time it right, and you're bound to get a pile o' kills that way.

• Options
    Kaboodles_The_AssassinKaboodles_The_Assassin Kill the meat. Save the metal.Registered User regular

edit

Alternatively, stack your arty strike with the strikes from the rest of your team. Time it right, and you're bound to get a pile o' kills that way.

There's a 10? second global cooldown on strikes for each team, so you can't stack a bunch of them at once. It would be real stupid if you could.

sXXjb1B.png
  • Options
    Don't play tonight, servers are beyond wonky.

• Options
    edited June 2017

edit

There's a 10? second global cooldown on strikes for each team, so you can't stack a bunch of them at once. It would be real stupid if you could.

Cue my post from last night. Literally as soon as a strike landed, there was another pop of red smoke. Repeat that process until 4-5 strikes land, and you get the idea just how stupid it gets.

EDIT - I'm an idiot and forgot my homonyms for a moment

Erlkönig on
  • Options
    servers have been shit since thursday.

earlier today I was in the 2xERLL raven and almost solo'd a Centurion and a Stalker, at the same time, when the game froze then disconnected me, and refused to let me sign back in.

• Options

earlier today I was in the 2xERLL raven and almost solo'd a Centurion and a Stalker, at the same time, when the game froze then disconnected me, and refused to let me sign back in.

Yeah but it was once in awhile not every game like it was for me tonight. Think I only have the UAV challenges left to do tomorrow so hopefully it's better.

• Options

Yeah but it was once in awhile not every game like it was for me tonight. Think I only have the UAV challenges left to do tomorrow so hopefully it's better.

Since the event started, I think the only wonkiness I've seen has been the single person either failing to connect in the beginning of the match or being disconnected during the match. This can be a problem when you're trying to do the Protected Light/Medium and your team's only assault is the one who drew the short-straw.

Well...and then there's the whole hitreg thing...but that's definitely not new.

• Options
    Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular

Since the event started, I think the only wonkiness I've seen has been the single person either failing to connect in the beginning of the match or being disconnected during the match. This can be a problem when you're trying to do the Protected Light/Medium and your team's only assault is the one who drew the short-straw.

You could have done the protected event in a light next to a heavy.

But yeah, servers have gotten pretty wonky now that PGI is embezzling all the MWO money away.

steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
  • Options

You could have done the protected event in a light next to a heavy.

But yeah, servers have gotten pretty wonky now that PGI is embezzling all the MWO money away.

I actually kinda hate piloting mediums, so I did the objective in either a Kit Fox (if I wanted to be useful for swatting down LRMs) or a Cheetah (which kinda sucked because my Cheetah build prefers being around other lights or picking off LRM-boats who've wandered away from the deathblob). But, after multiple matches in group queue where I would get anywhere between 0 and 2 Protected Light tallies, I was getting a little fed up (and eventually gave up on it while grouped up).