As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Friday the 13th : The Game] - Jason lives ... you wont. Out now PS4/Steam/Xbone

• Ov3rchargeOv3rcharge R.I.P. Mass Effect You were dead to me for yearsRegistered User regular
    The smart ones always die in these movies my dude.

• Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Fuck, looks like everyone is on PC. I may as well delete the thing until the single player gets patched in.

• Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    I'll be on PS4 tonight, 22:30 UK time (GMT).

SirGrinchX

Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
    My cowardice was punished by Karma (aka a bear trap):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfwPTzVEhjw

(It should be noted I can take ZERO credit for getting that car started, I spent much of the match hidden in a house after placing my own bear trap by the door)

• UselesswarriorUselesswarrior Registered User regular
    I just played a game where a guy I was with found some gas, and I was playing the nerdy character so I told him to let me have it so I could fill the tank with ease (why you have to be a nerd to not fuck up filling a tank which alerts Jason is beyond me).

On the way to the car I spotted another survivor with a battery. I helpfully offered to install that as well. Upon arriving at the car I began my work, and two other survivors ran up with identical parts! Given that I was only fixing the two-seater, this was a welcome surprise.

Just after completing my task, Jason morphed in. Another survivor and I grabbed the other parts and booked it to the four seater while Jason went after other counselors. I fixed the other car without incident as well. We began the search for keys. I only found a flare gun.

Somebody shouted over the radio that they had keys! I began the trek back to the four seater only to find Jason gripping a counselor's throat and three other counselors swarming nearby. I shot Jason in the face and the counselor started the car. All four of them piled in and took off, leaving only me. Luckily I juked Jason and headed for what I thought would be the two-seater... only, apparently another pair had started that at the same time as the other car and took off.

I fixed both cars and shot Jason to help others escape. My reward was getting a hole punched right through me. And to add insult to injury, it was after I had fixed the phone and finished the call, too.

It's basically the breakfast club all over again. Jock and delinquent get the girls, you get to do the homework.

Hey I made a game, check it out @ http://ifallingrobot.com/. (Or don't, your call)
  • Capt HowdyCapt Howdy Registered User regular
    Hot damn are people pissed about the Savini skin going up.

Steam: kaylesolo1
    3DS: 1521-4165-5907
    PS3: KayleSolo
    Live: Kayle Solo
    WiiU: KayleSolo
    Capt Howdy wrote: »

does it finally work?

It went up for sale on the psn by accident, so people bought the super exclusive skin without backing. I saw one last night (well, the icon).

i cannot get myself to care much

i am a little pissed that the backers can't use it yet because they fucked up the codes but as I'm not playing and don't want to play Jason anyway...

• Capt HowdyCapt Howdy Registered User regular
    Magic Pink wrote: »

does it finally work?

It does if you bought it on PSN.

Steam: kaylesolo1
    3DS: 1521-4165-5907
    PS3: KayleSolo
    Live: Kayle Solo
    WiiU: KayleSolo

does it finally work?

It does if you bought it on PSN.

nah it works even with our codes now finally. i just did it.

• Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    edited June 2017
    Was playing on a guy on Mixer's stream. Had a ton of fun when it was my turn to be Jason. The reaction in chat when Savini Jason hits the scene is always great. Got my door kill and tried TWICE for the fireplace kill but apparently Jason is too chunky to slip between the couches. Next time I dine on Roasted Chad.

Favorite part was the Final Girl clocked me with a bat but she was limping away due to harassment. I can hear the streamer on my laptop just going GO GO you ditched him. And I had a good chuckle cause he was 10 secs behind when he goes OH SHIT NO YOU DIDN'T as I shift in behind her and gave her a pitchfork enema as she was dragging her corpse through a window.

*edit*
    Also because I had to go track them down to add to my Google Play list. Figured I'd throw them in here in case anyone wants some related music for Friday the 13th
    Misfits - Friday the 13th
    Alice Cooper - He's Back (The Man Behind the Mask)
    Crazy Lixx - XIII and Killer

Psychotic One on
  • joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Once you get accustomed to the mechanics this is loads of fun. Worth every penny to me.

• joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Had my first Jason kill tonight! It was super satisfying to pull off.

• Le_GoatLe_Goat Frechified Goat Person BostonRegistered User regular
    Once you get accustomed to the mechanics this is loads of fun. Worth every penny to me.
    Loads of fun, until you have back-to-back-to-back games where the game crashes or boots you before the XP reward screen. Happened so many times last night. That patch cannot come soon enough.

While I agree that being insensitive is an issue, so is being oversensitive.
  • LilnoobsLilnoobs Alpha Queue Registered User regular
    The Xbone patch is out, but I haven't tested it yet.

• Le_GoatLe_Goat Frechified Goat Person BostonRegistered User regular
    Lilnoobs wrote: »
    The Xbone patch is out, but I haven't tested it yet.
    Man, those are some good fixes. I never knew about the game crashing when spawning as Johnny, which now makes sense why I'd sometimes get booted after being dead. Looking forward to some good murder sessions on Xbone tonight. If anyone's interested, hit me up on Xbox Live (gamer tag: le goat). I'll be on probably around 8pm EST

While I agree that being insensitive is an issue, so is being oversensitive.
    Looks like a big ol' patch just dropped on Steam. Fixed the trap to roof exploit, took out several locations where counselors were completely safe from Jason, upped the XP penalty for killing a fellow counselor from 200 to 1,000, made the lobby timer warn you if you are in a sub-menu and it's counting down, and refrains from locking you out of those menus until 3 seconds remain... plus a swath of various fixes and matchmaking optimizations. Looks good.

• CoffeyCoffey Terre Haute, IndianaRegistered User regular
    I've been posting in the Steam thread as I have the game on Steam but I don't think a lot of folks in there play/care. So it's probably better to post in the official thread for Friday the 13th: The Game.

First of all, the game is super fun. Despite the bugs/crashes (which are still very annoying). It's the community that needs work. A lot of toxic players if you're doing Quick Play, for sure, which can certainly hinder the enjoyment of the game.

I've actually been crashing more since the most recent patch. Not sure what changed but it freezes my computer entirely every fourth game or so.

Anyway, I'm definitely down to play some Private lobbies if anyone wants to invite me to one whenever I'm on. Steam profile is in my signature.

76561197967491341.png
  • MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    The patch also broke the mute function. Every time a new person joins the lobby, anyone muted will start playing audio again but it will say they are still muted. You must unmute, then remute them. Had a very annoying Chinese player blasting music over mic.

Is there any way to mute individual players once a match has started? I can't find any. Some people don't get obnoxious until the game starts, and I wish I could always mute the Jason player. It's better when he's a silent death machine. Hurts the illusion when he's shouting Leeroy Jenkins or is 12 years old, and "Here's Johnny!" was only funny the first 500 times.

MrBody wrote: »
    The patch also broke the mute function. Every time a new person joins the lobby, anyone muted will start playing audio again but it will say they are still muted. You must unmute, then remute them. Had a very annoying Chinese player blasting music over mic.

Is there any way to mute individual players once a match has started? I can't find any. Some people don't get obnoxious until the game starts, and I wish I could always mute the Jason player. It's better when he's a silent death machine. Hurts the illusion when he's shouting Leeroy Jenkins or is 12 years old, and "Here's Johnny!" was only funny the first 500 times.

There's a way, I don't know what it is without the game in front of me though

What was worth the price of admission was when i was Jason and popped up on 3 counselors starting up the boat.

"I'll slow him down! Just start it!" cried the jock. 5 seconds later I was punching his head off.

Saw the boat getting away on the map. Remembered that I was water Jason, so I morph in to the water and start catching up to the boat. They were a mere 20 feet from safety and I can hear the players on voice chat congratulating each other on surviving. I get next to the boat and hit 'E'.

"OH FUCK!" as Jason pops out of the water and flips the boat over.

Grab one counselor and start drowning him while the other climbs back into the boat going, "come on comeoncmoncmoncmon" trying to start the motor. As soon as it starts I flip the boat again for a 3rd kill.

Like damn, you might as well not even bother with the boat if it's one of the water speed Jasons. It's instant death for anyone in the boat when he notices it moving. There is 0% chance of either of the counselors getting away when the boat gets flipped.

My wishlist:

-Quick voice commands: 90% of the fun is hearing people panic on voice, so it's definitely better if people use mics instead, but since you can't make that happen and the non-English speakers are going to be in your game (no region specific servers) you might as well go with the quick voice commands so you can at least try to coordinate with those people.

-Start counselors off with the map: I have no idea why the map item is even a thing. What is the point of hiding the level layout and locking it behind finding an item? The levels are always the same (2 Crystal Lake variants with negligible differences), and the only thing the map item reveals is the layout so why bother hiding the layout? The only thing it does is make it harder for new players and the last thing any online-only multiplayer game wants to do is alienate new players which is how you get a quick community death. Am I missing something that the map item reveals that you won't get by memorizing the levels? You can tell where all the other counselors are at all times from the start, but knowing the camp layout is locked behind an item? Bwuh?

(I know there's a perk that starts you off with the map, but by the time the RNG coughs it up, you'll know the levels and won't need it. Hell I'm level 18 and I still haven't seen it.)

Press escape then click on Mute players and you can mouse click to mute just like in the lobby.

76561197967491341.png
  • Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    edited June 2017
    What was worth the price of admission was when i was Jason and popped up on 3 counselors starting up the boat.

"I'll slow him down! Just start it!" cried the jock. 5 seconds later I was punching his head off.

Saw the boat getting away on the map. Remembered that I was water Jason, so I morph in to the water and start catching up to the boat. They were a mere 20 feet from safety and I can hear the players on voice chat congratulating each other on surviving. I get next to the boat and hit 'E'.

"OH FUCK!" as Jason pops out of the water and flips the boat over.

Grab one counselor and start drowning him while the other climbs back into the boat going, "come on comeoncmoncmoncmon" trying to start the motor. As soon as it starts I flip the boat again for a 3rd kill.

Like damn, you might as well not even bother with the boat if it's one of the water speed Jasons. It's instant death for anyone in the boat when he notices it moving. There is 0% chance of either of the counselors getting away when the boat gets flipped.

My wishlist:

-Quick voice commands: 90% of the fun is hearing people panic on voice, so it's definitely better if people use mics instead, but since you can't make that happen and the non-English speakers are going to be in your game (no region specific servers) you might as well go with the quick voice commands so you can at least try to coordinate with those people.

-Start counselors off with the map: I have no idea why the map item is even a thing. What is the point of hiding the level layout and locking it behind finding an item? The levels are always the same (2 Crystal Lake variants with negligible differences), and the only thing the map item reveals is the layout so why bother hiding the layout? The only thing it does is make it harder for new players and the last thing any online-only multiplayer game wants to do is alienate new players which is how you get a quick community death. Am I missing something that the map item reveals that you won't get by memorizing the levels? You can tell where all the other counselors are at all times from the start, but knowing the camp layout is locked behind an item? Bwuh?

(I know there's a perk that starts you off with the map, but by the time the RNG coughs it up, you'll know the levels and won't need it. Hell I'm level 18 and I still haven't seen it.)

There is a perk the Councilors can roll that starts them with a map and a buff to a certain skill check. Its perfect for nerd guy because he would be prepared. Chad on the other hand is used to be driven by his fathers men and doesn't need maps. Thats peasant affairs.

Psychotic One on
    edited June 2017
    New content dropping tomorrow as a way of saying thanks for the patience while they worked out the server kinks

Upcoming weekend is double XP

Included in this is a brand new Jason modeled off the retro NES game! It even plays a chiptune soundtrack!

joshofalltrades on
    Fucking Chad, man.

Why are the "I'm just going to hide all game and not bother helping with objectives" players always the nerdy girl? Like, the whole point of high repair is doing the objectives.

I would really like to read up on how the fear mechanic works exactly. Quickload tips say being indoors increases fear? Is that only for when the power is out? When do you want the flashlight on? How much does that affect it? Can fear go back down? What causes that? Is it fear that makes counselors glow red for Jason?

edited June 2017
    Fear makes counselors easier to detect.

Fear is increased by: being alone, being outdoors, being in the dark when indoors, feeling unsafe (make sure you fortify the doors and open windows when you're inside), finding a dead body or watching Jason kill your friends, and being inside Jason's terror radius.

Fear is decreased by: being with friends, having a light source (the flashlight counts but makes you a shining beacon to Jason if he's keeping an eye out for it), being in a fortified cabin, having a weapon, being in a hiding place, and maybe some other stuff I'm forgetting.

Counselors with a higher composure stat resist fear more than those with a lower one. It's a fairly noticeable difference.

joshofalltrades on
  • KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    edited June 2017
    New content dropping tomorrow as a way of saying thanks for the patience while they worked out the server kinks

https://twitt er.com/Friday13thGame/status/876816793796571136

Included in this is a brand new Jason modeled off the retro NES game! It even plays a chiptune soundtrack!

This is awesome. Very cool of the devs to put something like this together to help smooth out launch issues.

KoopahTroopah on
    edited June 2017
    Fear makes counselors easier to detect.

Fear is increased by: being alone, being outdoors, being in the dark when indoors, feeling unsafe (make sure you fortify the doors and open windows when you're inside), finding a dead body or watching Jason kill your friends, and being inside Jason's terror radius.

Fear is decreased by: being with friends, having a light source (the flashlight counts but makes you a shining beacon to Jason if he's keeping an eye out for it), being in a fortified cabin, having a weapon, being in a hiding place, and maybe some other stuff I'm forgetting.

Counselors with a higher composure stat resist fear more than those with a lower one. It's a fairly noticeable difference.

Easier in what way? It seems like any counselor in line of sight glows red when sense is active right from the start. Are we just talking about how you can hear them freaking out when tying to hide?

Wish fear was shown via a meter like stamina. Get a read on how much each factor affects it, when you need to worry it giving you away, and how long you should hide to get it under control.

I just have my flashlight on constantly because Sense is pretty much always up (thanks to pulsing it) which spots you regardless of the light. I honestly think Sense cooldown could use a nerf in that regard.

(it's certainly spoiled me trying to play the killer in Dead by Daylight. You mean I have to actually use my eyeballs to spot victims? What kind of bullshit is that!)

MrBody on
    Higher fear lets the killer spot your red outline from further away. At minimum fear you don't even show up with sense unless you're inside a building, I don't think.

Higher fear lets the killer spot your red outline from further away. At minimum fear you don't even show up with sense unless you're inside a building, I don't think.

I swore I read that the red building outline was based on you making a certain amount of noise, but then that wouldn't make sense because Jason would never find a hiding counselor.

Does fear increase hiding in a tent? Theoretically you could hide there all game?

I'm not sure? I've never hid in a tent because they seem like deathtraps to me. I think at high fear they glow red just like a cabin. Maybe not so much if you have high composure? It'd need testing, but since there aren't very many people around here who play this at launch it's difficult to test things like that.

There's a lot of things that factor into it, honestly. Like how late in the game it is, if the Jason has strong sense or a weak sense depending on which Jason it is, which counselor you're playing (their composure, fear level, etc.). There's even perks that make it so hiding in the sleeping bag can not trigger Jason's sense by percentage. Plus standing by a campfire reduces fear, so there's a lot of x-factors.

If a Jason has strong sense and is in rage mode the tent has a good chance of glowing like a Christmas tree. If you're playing a counselor with low composure, you can be found anywhere because they'll say things out loud that Jason can hear like "please don't look in here" or whatever.

Late in the game is obviously harder to hide than early in the game. Tents are sometimes good spots though because Jason looking for a last survivor is going to Morph around the map to try to sense out the cabins. If you're out at a campsite away from cabins, a lot of the time they won't think to "waste" a Morph cooldown to check there & then have to walk back to the cabins. Plus if you're sitting in the tent, you're not making any noise for him to get a radar ping to zero in on ya. It's a decent enough strategy but the people in the lobby are gonna hate you for making them wait. :D

76561197967491341.png
    My guess is it's inadvisable as Chad.

TUdW0ST.png

• PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Coffey wrote: »
    There's a lot of things that factor into it, honestly. Like how late in the game it is, if the Jason has strong sense or a weak sense depending on which Jason it is, which counselor you're playing (their composure, fear level, etc.). There's even perks that make it so hiding in the sleeping bag can not trigger Jason's sense by percentage. Plus standing by a campfire reduces fear, so there's a lot of x-factors.

If a Jason has strong sense and is in rage mode the tent has a good chance of glowing like a Christmas tree. If you're playing a counselor with low composure, you can be found anywhere because they'll say things out loud that Jason can hear like "please don't look in here" or whatever.

Late in the game is obviously harder to hide than early in the game. Tents are sometimes good spots though because Jason looking for a last survivor is going to Morph around the map to try to sense out the cabins. If you're out at a campsite away from cabins, a lot of the time they won't think to "waste" a Morph cooldown to check there & then have to walk back to the cabins. Plus if you're sitting in the tent, you're not making any noise for him to get a radar ping to zero in on ya. It's a decent enough strategy but the people in the lobby are gonna hate you for making them wait. :D

eh on the plus side, if Jason finds you, sleeping bag kill.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    I've never been able to hide in a sleeping bag? I just assumed they meant tents.

• PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    I'm pretty sure if jason finds you in a tent it leads to a sleeping bag kill. I swear it did in a stream I watched.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net

Will this be for consoles too?

Will this be for consoles too?

Yep!