As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

StarCraft: Rumors of Starcraft 3 where as real as a full night's sleep.

• DarkMechaDarkMecha The Outer SpaceRegistered User regular
    edited June 2017
    Hrm I'd play but I don't have LotV and consistently place in the Discarded Foam Cup League. I would however love to watch, will anyone be streaming some matches?

I will say that hearing about a new Curvy Star-league Tourny fills me with nostalgic joy. :D

DarkMecha on
    Steam Profile | My Art | NID: DarkMecha (SW-4787-9571-8977) | PSN: DarkMecha
  • kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    Protoss went 3-base all-in with adepts

My army could kill them, but there were so many of them that I couldn't get a good angle, and so they killed drones much faster than they died, and my army could barely keep up

I guess I needed to mix in speed banes

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    No one remembered me :(

I'll have to pass signing up, unfortunately. That's slightly too close to my wife's due date, and I feel like I'd get in trouble if I ditched her at the hospital to play Starcraft :P. I'll try and observe the games if I have the opportunity though!

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
    Probably it would help if I looked up any reasonable opening builds, but

So far I am winning my ladder ZvZs; I'm pretty good at being reactive and aggressive and keeping up my macro during ling/bane wars

In the other match-ups, I usually die after about 5 minutes to some refined cheese I'm not familiar with

• DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    kedinik wrote: »
    So far I am winning my ladder ZvZs; I'm pretty good at being reactive and aggressive and keeping up my macro during ling/bane wars

In the other match-ups, I usually die after about 5 minutes to some refined cheese I'm not familiar with

That's how I'm finding PvT, there's some really awful early cheese builds, but the essentials of PvP and PvZ have remained solid enough that I can almost always carry it to a macro game. PvZ in particular, the few times Zerg have tried to cheese me is like they forgot sentries exist.

I, um

I baneling-bust the force fields?

• YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    Forcefields have health now?

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    Yilias wrote: »
    Forcefields have health now?

Ravagers can destroy them, which made sentries way less powerful in the matchup. But it seems that a lot of ladder Zergs have forgotten that that only applies if you actually make ravagers. If you dont, sentries are as great as ever.

yeah I was just being sarcastic

• MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    kime wrote: »

I'll have to pass signing up, unfortunately. That's slightly too close to my wife's due date, and I feel like I'd get in trouble if I ditched her at the hospital to play Starcraft :P. I'll try and observe the games if I have the opportunity though!

I didn't even know you crafted stars!

l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
    MMMig wrote: »

I didn't even know you crafted stars!

But but. We were proxy hatch buddies!

Steam profile
  • theSquidtheSquid Sydney, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2017
    Sorry guys, I'd gotten LotV and signed up and everything but to be honest I'm getting married soon and I've just got too much shit to sort out to get back into this game, so I'm withdrawing.

Will definitely check out the replays when they happen though!

theSquid on
    I made it into a macro game with a protoss and didn't know what to do

such a rare situation for me -_-

I guess hydra ling bane is the new hotness?

kedinik wrote: »
    I made it into a macro game with a protoss and didn't know what to do

such a rare situation for me -_-

I guess hydra ling bane is the new hotness?

I definitely don't like fighting that out of the blue.

• Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    To show how out of touch am, I'm going to ask - why don't you really see colossi on the Protoss side anymore?

Iirc they got gutted by a nerf. It was something huge like -4 range.

Yilias wrote: »
    Iirc they got gutted by a nerf. It was something huge like -4 range.

Their range got cut by one, and their damage by 20%.

It was pretty savage, but it was mostly to encourage Disruptor play.

They recently got a 10% attack speed buff, I don't know if that makes up for the damage nerf but I've been using them in both PvZ and PvT to good effect.

• PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Ah yes, I remember one thing I didn't miss about following SC2. Never understood K-Pop.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • hippofanthippofant ティンク Registered User regular
    edited June 2017
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    Ah yes, I remember one thing I didn't miss about following SC2. Never understood K-Pop.

Well, do you speak Korean?

hippofant on
  • MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    hippofant wrote: »

Well, do you speak Korean?

No...why do you ask? Are the lyrics deeply political or meaningful? :D

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page

You're OBVIOUSLY not looking hard enough.

Gee gee
    Baby baby

l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    In preparation for the tournament next week, with diligence and practice, I have TRIPLED my APM to a MIGHTY 60+ a minute. Nothing can stop me now!

>.>
    <.<

Except for anyone who plays above a minimally talented silver level. :lol:

edited June 2017
    Oh man... yeah practice.

I need to install and see what all the new units do.

Sadly, I'm overseas naked in a turkish bath right now and won't be home until the 12th.

Zerg is still just a-move mass roaches, right?

MMMig on
    l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    MMMig wrote: »
    Oh man... yeah practice.

I need to install and see what all the new units do.

Sadly, I'm overseas naked in a turkish bath right now and won't be home until the 12th.

Zerg is still just a-move mass roaches, right?

you can fungal from underground now

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
    edited June 2017
    WHY WOULD YOU TELL HIM THAT

Dhalphir on
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    WHY WOULD YOU TELL HIM THAT

Because he's naked, overseas, in a turkish bath right now.

Duh!

In preparation for the tournament next week, with diligence and practice, I have TRIPLED my APM to a MIGHTY 60+ a minute. Nothing can stop me now!

>.>
    <.<

Except for anyone who plays above a minimally talented silver level. :lol:

I was Masters with 80-90 apm. I spent a lot of time reciting build orders in solo lobbies so slow hands wouldn't hold back my macro.

edited June 2017
    couple of zergs letting the games get too sloppy. I beat a masters because when things get gross marines will eventually beat ling/muta. and they're spending all their gas on mutas so the bane count is something even I can control against.

still am terrible against disruptors and have only just today written down some builds to hopefully smooth on the early game, at least in tvz. just basics that I never really ironed out when lotv came out... there are times when even depot/gas timings are off and I just cant' accept that from myself.

edit - I don't mean missing depots, I of course still do that plenty! :D I mean not dropping an early depot and it throwing things off dramatically.

Variable on
    I don't really mind cheese but protoss building in my base makes me want to scream. pylon overcharge as offense is enraging.

only other thing that tilts me like that are terrans that go mass raven in tvt. when I see more than 2 in an opening I just leave. I have no interest in getting good against it and the game itself is the most tedious horse shit that exists in the game oh my god it makes me so fucking mad. top it off with it requiring no ability to control or really do much of anything but sit home and make turrets and LOkerngkldjnfgksdnjfgksnjdfg there's just no getting around it. I have to pretend the given game never happened.

Anyone streaming the Curvy Star League games?

Steam profile
    Anyone streaming the Curvy Star League games?

So far no, there will be a lot of games happening simultaneously.

Isn't mass Ravens the norm now?

I wouldn't say so, one or two for harass and as part of an air fleet is common, mass raven is just some annoying stuff you see sometimes on ladder.

• WingedWeaselWingedWeasel Registered User regular
    Variable wrote: »

I wouldn't say so, one or two for harass and as part of an air fleet is common, mass raven is just some annoying stuff you see sometimes on ladder.

i'm only going by chatter ive seen in a few place so it is likely it was just simply people exaggerating about how common it is

• 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    So turns out I can't serve as a CSL punching bag, I have a family thing that day. Womp womp.

i'm only going by chatter ive seen in a few place so it is likely it was just simply people exaggerating about how common it is

It might be very popular on ladder, I've seen it in something like three out of seven tvts. It's smart, it's hard to beat and it's very easy to make mistakes into it. I don't really know how to beat it and usually tilt or leave pretty much immediately

It might be very popular on ladder, I've seen it in something like three out of seven tvts. It's smart, it's hard to beat and it's very easy to make mistakes into it. I don't really know how to beat it and usually tilt or leave pretty much immediately

How exactly is it supposed to work? I haven't seen it in action yet, and Ravens always seemed to get kind of ignored despite how useful a harass turret and detection could be.

Make a lot of Ravens, a few tanks, and basically just don't die. Harass with either Ravens or hellions, make lots of turrets so they can't easily make vikings and snipe your ravens... It basically functions like mech but the core of the army is a shit load of ravens dropping auto turrets and where applicable point defense drones. But unlike mech if you attack over and over trying to wear them down you're more likely just losing your army to energy rather than trading say marine marauder for tanks. That's why I have trouble approaching how to beat it.