As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Penny Arcade - Comic - Invisibilia

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited June 2017 in The Penny Arcade Hub

imagePenny Arcade - Comic - Invisibilia

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• NemrexNemrex Registered User regular
    If you didn't notice, it was flying right over them in the third panel.

Also Wonder Woman is very good.

• Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    At least Tycho forwent the motorcycle helmet this time.

• Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    At least Tycho forwent the motorcycle helmet this time.

It's hard to enjoy ice cream with it.

i-c9kXpWs.jpg

H9f4bVe.png
  • EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Does she still have an invisible jet? Can't remember if she even had it in Justice League. The fact that she has flight these days kind makes it redundant.

• ChiselphaneChiselphane Registered User regular
    edited June 2017
    She still has it.

Don't take this away from me.

Chiselphane on
  • Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »
    Does she still have an invisible jet? Can't remember if she even had it in Justice League. The fact that she has flight these days kind makes it redundant.

She did, actually. You can see it, among other eps, at the start of JLU "For The Man Who Has Everything" (one of the few adaptions of his work that Moore actually approved of).

• TigrerojoTigrerojo Registered User regular
    woah, I have spent so much time on 9gag that it feels... uneasy to see someone talk aout Wonder Woman without either complaining about feminism or praising feminism; are... are you even allowed to do that? talking about someting WITHOUT forcing politics into it? Is it even LEGAL?? I just don't wanna get in trouble...

• GDT1985GDT1985 Registered User regular
    Apparently not, considering your post...

• tudzatudza Registered User new member
    I was hoping for an invisible zeppelin.

• lionheartssjlionheartssj Bartertown Chief Merchant BartertownRegistered User regular
    It was there for a moment. Blink and you miss it.

• DjiemDjiem Registered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »

She did, actually. You can see it, among other eps, at the start of JLU "For The Man Who Has Everything" (one of the few adaptions of his work that Moore actually approved of).

Can you really, though?

• Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Maybe there never was an invisible jet, and that's just the position WW likes to pose while flying.

Oh brilliant
  • KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    She doesn't seem to be able to fly in the movie, right? From what I could tell it was mostly big jumps.

• GDT1985GDT1985 Registered User regular
    Have not seen it yet, but some versions of Wonder Woman can't fly. Maybe to avoid stepping on the Blue Boyscout's toes?
    Personally I think an invisible jet is dumb, but comics are full of great dumb things.

• kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    KalTorak wrote: »
    She doesn't seem to be able to fly in the movie, right? From what I could tell it was mostly big jumps.

It seemed like
    at the end she was starting to be able to fly? I admit it wasn't super clear, but it seemed like she was able to starting around the big CGI fight. And especially at the very last scene in the "present day" where she jumps off the roof.

If I'm remembering correctly...

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • RatherDashing89RatherDashing89 Registered User regular
    I do think it's funny when flying superheroes learn to fly by first jumping really high for awhile. Like, I get that sometimes they can't fly due to weird license rules, and it does make sense that someone with superstrength could jump really high. It just doesn't follow that by jumping really high you'd eventually figure out antigravity. Like, do you just jump a lot until eventually you forget to fall?

• Joseph GilgunJoseph Gilgun Registered User regular
    LOL exactly! I remember tht she can fly in cartoon but in the movie, she doesn't seem to know how. Just jumping around like hulk.

• dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular
    I get that sometimes they can't fly due to weird license rules

Yeah, the written test can be a bitch.

• ziddersroofurryziddersroofurry Registered User regular
    I know it's a great movie and all but I can't help missing her Sky Kanga, Jumpa. https://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/marvel_dc/images/b/b2/Wonder_Woman_0298.jpg/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/700?cb=20111015185316
    Interplanetary bounces ftw.