As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Wonder Cookies: Bake. Distribute. Fundraise. [Cookie Brigade]

punziepunzie Cookie PimpRegistered User regular
If you were looking for information regarding becoming a part of the Cookie Brigade for PAX West 2017 or you're just curious about what we're all about then you're in the right place. We're looking forward to a new PAX and a new Brigade experience!

If you're not already registered on the Cookie Brigade website please do so ASAP! Then you'll be able to to join the PAX West 2017 group and help us out.

wQojq.png

WHO WE ARE:

The Cookie Brigade is a ragtag group of PAX Community members who have assembled since 2007 to provide our fellow gamers with delicious baked goods! Cookies are baked by the community, brought and shipped from afar by the community, and distributed by community.

The Cookie Brigade does not sell cookies. We give cookies away for free!

Brigadiers also accept donations to Child's Play, which are entirely voluntary and greatly appreciated!

And it's very convenient to get a cookie and give a donation at the same time.

Starting in 2007, the Cookie Brigade began a mission to give these cookies in exchange for donations to Child's Play, the charity started by Mike and Jerry that provides entertainment to kids in children's hospitals. Since starting on this mission, the Cookie Brigade has raised over $343,000 mostly by the handing out of cookies and the reception of donations from the incredible, amazing, and generous PAX attendees! So far this year we've already raised over $40,000 for Child's Play! Woooooot! Thank you everyone for your generous donations, you have helped an awesome cause!

WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE?

Looking to Volunteer? Head to http://cookiebrigade.org/ for more information!

Looking for some general information? Check us out on the PAX Community Wiki!

You can also find us on the following social media locations,

Twitter: @Cookie Brigade
G+: Cookie Brigade

And before or during pax, feel free to light up the Cookie Signal on Twitter!
Hashtag: #cookiebrigade

I WANT TO HELP IN THE BRIGADE!

If you're interested in
  • Baking delicious cookies
  • Distributing to people during PAX
  • Helping organize cookies and distributors

We can definitely use your help! Sign up at our website, http://cookiebrigade.org if you wish to participate in the organizing, baking, and/or distributing!

An important note: due to certain external pressures on the Brigade we have to keep some of our more sensitive planning operations private. If you sign up on the Cookie Brigade website you will have access to our public forums but will need to submit and application through the site to become a brigadier. Thank you for your understanding!

BASIC BRIGADE GUIDELINES

• We give out cookies, we do not sell cookies! We do happily pass donations along to Child's Play, so feel free to give us donations if you want.
  • Keep it PG and family friendly. We love to give cookies out to kids and as such we ask all brigadiers to remain family friendly with their cookies (sorry no dickerdoodles) and distributing activities!
  • Have fun and enjoy PAX!

HI3789R.png

• punziepunzie Cookie Pimp Registered User regular
    This is a big year for Cookie Brigade! This West will mark 10 years for us! The traditional gift for a 10 year anniversary is tin, so we're making cookie tins. Each tin will have 12 cookies made by our talented bakers. We're taking preorders right now. You can order a tin and pick it up form us at West (or Unplugged or Aus) or you can have it shipped to you if you want the sweet Cookie Brigade experience delivered to your door.
    Order your tin on this page.
    Disclaimer: All funds collected from the tins will go to the Brigade's operating/internal costs, not Child's Play.

HI3789R.png
  • CKingCKing Registered User regular
    You're telling me that I can get a tin of cookies to destroy after a day of PAXing? Yes, please!!

• ancienteternityancienteternity Registered User regular
    Cookies ordered. I anticipate the deliciousness already!

3HbAeAg.png

I'm ready for the next PAX already!
  • KopeAceticKopeAcetic Registered User regular
    Ordered 2, hope to share them with the people I meet at PAX :D.

• Nathan WindNathan Wind Colorado Springs, CORegistered User regular
    Where do you distribute the cookies? Been to last three PAX Prime/West and have yet to witness the Charge of the Cookie Brigade

PAX Prime 14, 15
    PAX West 16, 17
    My Rig: I7 7700K, Aorus K5, 32GB RipJaws V, Samsung 960 PCIe 256 & 500, Zotac 1080Ti
  • ransimransim Registered User regular
    Where do you distribute the cookies? Been to last three PAX Prime/West and have yet to witness the Charge of the Cookie Brigade

Best place to check is usually tabletop, at least during East this year we had some brigadiers stationed there pretty much full time with a sign. You can also ask on twitter and if someone is available they'll send a brigadier over.

Just to update Punzie's post, we're now only 12 tins away from meeting our initial goal of raising $1,300. Though we'd absolutely love to raise more. 8-)

• CKingCKing Registered User regular
    ransim wrote: »

Best place to check is usually tabletop, at least during East this year we had some brigadiers stationed there pretty much full time with a sign. You can also ask on twitter and if someone is available they'll send a brigadier over.

Just to update Punzie's post, we're now only 12 tins away from meeting our initial goal of raising $1,300. Though we'd absolutely love to raise more. 8-)

Give me time to get to the bank and put money in and I'll be buying mine. We can do more than one right?!

CKing wrote: »
    ransim wrote: »

Give me time to get to the bank and put money in and I'll be buying mine. We can do more than one right?!

Of course! Who needs just one tin of Cookie Brigade noms when you can have two, or 10...

• RiDERiDE the WORST! Hotel CaliforniaRegistered User regular

I've been going since 09 and JUST SAW THEM LAST YEAR, like some kind of magical unicorn (I was beginning to think CB was an elaborate prank the Internet was pulling on me). Unfortunately I had no cash and was deep in a Smash game. I ran out into the main freeplay hall when the game was over but they had already despawned :(

"Try, try again. Then quit. There's no use being a damned fool about it."
    Just ordered my tin (yea!) for pick up at PAX. Hope there's lots of chocolate and maybe some oatmeal....

PAX Prime 14, 15
    PAX West 16, 17
    My Rig: I7 7700K, Aorus K5, 32GB RipJaws V, Samsung 960 PCIe 256 & 500, Zotac 1080Ti
  • PavioPavio Registered User regular
    I love the cookie brigade. I've hit them up at every PAX I've been to, usually a couple times. I haven't had to use the twitter to get them yet even.

v6h3hfs2v597.png
  • forbiddenvoidforbiddenvoid Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Pavio wrote: »
    I love the cookie brigade. I've hit them up at every PAX I've been to, usually a couple times. I haven't had to use the twitter to get them yet even.

But you can. The Cookie Brigade totally has a summoning spell.

ewnk2szpswv2.png

PAX. PAX. PAX. Boom.
  • PavioPavio Registered User regular
    Pavio wrote: »

But you can. The Cookie Brigade totally has a summoning spell.

Oh believe me, if I need to I will summon them. But they just always seem to know...

v6h3hfs2v597.png
    First attempt at PAX logo cookies.

ho8OyJc.jpg

56D17b1.jpg

• Joseph GilgunJoseph Gilgun Registered User regular
    HAHAHAH it looks weird but im sure it tastes great.

The overwhelming opinion from my coworkers is they taste amazing. Going to spend some time working on the design so they look a bit neater.

We made our goal for the tin preorders. Thanks everyone who ordered early! If you haven't bought one yet, never fear, you can still do so :)

HI3789R.png
  • kropotkinkropotkin Forum Badge Creator London UKRegistered User regular
    I have to say that the Cookie Brigade is always a highlight for me at every PAX. I support this endeavour :)

ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

We have a pin, everyone! We're part of pinny arcade and I'm so excited to be able to finally talk about it!
    It's super cute ^_^
    cb-pin2-1.jpg

You'll have to find a brigadier in order to buy your pin, but we're making it easier than usual by having some preset meeting times. Blog post: https://www.cookiebrigade.org/wp/cookie-brigade-has-an-official-pin/

HI3789R.png
  • divisiontendivisionten Registered User regular
    punzie wrote: »
    We have a pin, everyone! We're part of pinny arcade and I'm so excited to be able to finally talk about it!
    It's super cute ^_^
    cb-pin2-1.jpg

You'll have to find a brigadier in order to buy your pin, but we're making it easier than usual by having some preset meeting times. Blog post: https://www.cookiebrigade.org/wp/cookie-brigade-has-an-official-pin/

I NEED IT. seriously though I'm blind and I'll be at pax. If you see a ratchet cosplayer I will happily buy one and donate to CB like I do every year.

• IncreaseBlueIncreaseBlue Registered User regular
    I never manage to run into you guys so thank you so much for the preset times!

• SinoSambaSinoSamba CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Will pins be available at pre-Pax tabletop?

3DS FC: 3239-2323-6239
    At this time, we don't know if we'll have them for game night. It depends on when we physically get them in hands.

HI3789R.png
  • MajorMarmotMajorMarmot Victoria BCRegistered User regular
    Ahhhh I wish I'd known about this sooner! Sounds like fun. Just submitted my application :D

HsJaJWx.png
    Where do we meet to pick up our tins?

PAX Prime 14, 15
    PAX West 16, 17
    Tins that been purchased and marked as pax west pickup can be picked up in the Sheraton during Thursday gamenight or any of the pin meetup times.
    https://www.cookiebrigade.org/wp/cookie-brigade-has-an-official-pin/

HI3789R.png
    punzie wrote: »
    Tins that been purchased and marked as pax west pickup can be picked up in the Sheraton during Thursday gamenight or any of the pin meetup times.
    https://www.cookiebrigade.org/wp/cookie-brigade-has-an-official-pin/

Awesome, thanks! Cookie Tin and a Pin!!

PAX Prime 14, 15
    PAX West 16, 17
    Tins and pins! We got your tins and pins here! :D

HI3789R.png
  • divisiontendivisionten Registered User regular
    If I didn't preorder a tin can I still buy one at con?

There are a very few unclaimed ones that will be for sale at pax. (Same meetings times.)

HI3789R.png
    We had a great pax! We raised $28,500 for Child's Play (they donated all that weekend's funds from the barcrawl, cookie brigade and their booth to Houston children's hospital and a flood relief shelter), we sold all but 8 of our pins, and we sold our entire available stock of tins that weren't preordered.
    Thanks everyone!

HI3789R.png
  • nevermore13nevermore13 Registered User regular
    Yay! That's an incredible amount! Great job cookie brigade and attendees.

• KopeAceticKopeAcetic Registered User regular
    You all are seriously amazing!