As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Dishonored 2 | Choke a bro | Billie Lurk Standalone DLC Coming Sept 15

• Options
    HeirHeir Ausitn, TXRegistered User regular
    Oh man, Mission 7: A crack in the slab. Loved the game mechanic.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Heir wrote: »

Dishonored 2 and Titanfall 2 both did something cool with flipping back and forth between timelines. Sorta funny.

• Options
    UselesswarriorUselesswarrior Registered User regular
    The mission design in Dishonored 2 is ridiculously good. I appreciate it more playing through it again and without powers. They balanced each level around two sets of powers, and not having any powers at all. There is a lot of great nonlinear mission design to boot.

Hey I made a game, check it out @ http://ifallingrobot.com/. (Or don't, your call)
  • Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Yilias wrote: »
    According to the heart more than half of the guards are cartoonishly corrupt or psycopathic. The witches are somehow even more evil. I remember in Brigmore they tortured an Overseer by force feeding him his partner's corpse. It's honestly hard to see how killing them makes the world any more brutish than it already is.

I've heard that the game accounts for this a little. Gives you less chaos when you kill assholes, because, hey. They're assholes.

(Also, I think there's 3 classes of guards. Good, evil, and jackass. The individual blurb varies, but the type is constant across all playthroughs. The same guards in each class. So, let's say Guard A is cheating on his wife with the baker. Next playthrough, he might be telling someone that she needs papers if she wants to sell pies, because man he wants to eat some of those pies, but he's never going to murder children and hide them in the floorboards, and he's never going to read stories to blind children in his off hours.)

• Options
    LutExIVLutExIV Thieves Guild Chairman In the ShadowsRegistered User regular
    I noticed in the books about Corvo in game it mentions he has a sister. Nothing else I read ever mentioned her before or since, and the book specifically details his losing his parents but says nothing of the sister... Is there anything else out there about her or was this a thread left hanging on purpose?

26965406221_865f825658.jpg
    Steam/PSN/XBox Live:LutExIV
  • Options
    Blackbird SR-71CBlackbird SR-71C Registered User regular
    Hijacking this thread for Dishonored 1 question;

I have been trying to improve anti-aliasing in the original game by various means: Supersampling, Dynamic Super Resolution, combined with various settings of Multisampling transparacy etc. However, no matter what I tried there still remained some jagged diagonal lines at certain places like the corner of this room:

Spoilered for size

Does anyone have any idea how to get rid of this? I wouldn't even mind, but when moving the camera horizontally the jagged lines start to flicker and look like "waterfalls" of pixels.

steam_sig.png
    Steam ID: 76561198021298113
    Origin ID: SR71C_Blackbird

• Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    Details on the New Game Plus Mode
    You get to mix powers from both characters.
    I am looking forwards to linking people with Domino, then summoning rats to eat one of them and seeing what happens.
    Oh, and it's also finally patching pretty much all the bugs I ran across (kills from the nonlethal option in the Conservatory, Strong Arms taking longer, etc)

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    They're also going to add an option to replay specific missions, which is what @Tube wanted!

• Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    Was able to re-pick this up the cheap. The 1.3 patch pretty much fixed most of my FPS gripes with the game. It's still terribly unoptimized even on very high end hardware, but at least it's consistently unoptimized and not bouncing all over the place like it was at release. I'm on the final mission now, basically finished most of it over this last weekend. That's both a testament to how good the world and mission building is, that I just wanted to keep playing...and a testament to how short the game is. It's not like I've been rushing through missions, I explore every nook and cranny and find most things.

There is certainly some replay value here, in terms of playing as Corvo, and going for a lethal run this time (I was non-lethal the first time). I'll come back to it at some point I'm sure, but too much other stuff to play right now to replay it immediately.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    They're also going to add an option to replay specific missions, which is what @Tube wanted!

I'll definitely be ready for a replay by then

• Options
    edited December 2016
    And done. Last level was not my favorite, but that doesn't detract from the awesomeness of the rest of the world/level design. Still not real happy with the state this got released in for PC, but the game itself turned out good. I still think Dishonored 1 has a bit more "magic" to it, but some of that is just by virtue of being the first game, first time we experienced this world.

Interested to try Prey next year, see what Arkane does with that.

GnomeTank on
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    FreiFrei A French Prometheus Unbound DeadwoodRegistered User regular
    New game plus patch is up on PC (may be just for beta?) but mixing powers is so glorious.

Are you the magic man?
  • Options
    SyngyneSyngyne Registered User regular

Read something interesting about this mission-
    If you knock Stilton out in the garden after getting his code, he never makes the séance, and Megan in present time ends up with her eye and arm intact.

5gsowHm.png
  • Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Syngyne wrote: »

If you knock Stilton out in the garden after getting his code, he never makes the séance, and Megan in present time ends up with her eye and arm intact.

Can confirm. I did this my first playthrough.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    Oh there's a thread for this.

I just started, seems pretty cool so far. Playing as Emily, natch, and i'm going to go the opposite route that I did with the first game where I had Corvo be sneaky and chokey and non lethal. The first level is also a lot different from the first game where everyone was just doing their jobs, whereas here they are traitorous dickbags who deserve a knife in the throat. Moreso when I see all the actual loyal guards laying dead all over the place. Fuck these people.

Is going through a first playthrough without powers a bad idea? I was considering that but not if it would be super frustrating or not worth it.

• Options
    Road BlockRoad Block Registered User regular
    Aistan wrote: »

I just started, seems pretty cool so far. Playing as Emily, natch, and i'm going to go the opposite route that I did with the first game where I had Corvo be sneaky and chokey and non lethal. The first level is also a lot different from the first game where everyone was just doing their jobs, whereas here they are traitorous dickbags who deserve a knife in the throat. Moreso when I see all the actual loyal guards laying dead all over the place. Fuck these people.

Is going through a first playthrough without powers a bad idea? I was considering that but not if it would be super frustrating or not worth it.

No powers is very much for replays. You probably want to know your way around the levels before you attempt it.

• Options
    knitdan wrote: »

Can confirm. I did this my first playthrough.

Same, I did it as well. Amazingly cool detail.

• Options
    EtiowsaEtiowsa Registered User regular
    Road Block wrote: »

No powers is very much for replays. You probably want to know your way around the levels before you attempt it.

Eh, it's actually not that bad. The levels are actually very well designed wrt no power runs. Most of the routes you can take are pretty well telegraphed.

• Options
    ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    LutExIV wrote: »
    I noticed in the books about Corvo in game it mentions he has a sister. Nothing else I read ever mentioned her before or since, and the book specifically details his losing his parents but says nothing of the sister... Is there anything else out there about her or was this a thread left hanging on purpose?

The comic also had a major thread about Corvo's sister, and how she mysteriously disappeared.

The comic also had (big spoiler)
    Billie Lurk time-travelling to two years before Dishonored 2.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    Redcoat-13Redcoat-13 Registered User regular

If Emily had been doing a good job as Empress (or Corvo hadn't gotten slack), then the rebellion wouldn't have happened. Plus, I imagine a fair few of the guards changed sides after seeing how little chance they had against witches / robot soldiers / their superiors changing sides. You have to be realistic about whether you want to die pointlessly for a young empress who hasn't really improved things for the better.

Anyway, without wanting to give anything away, mild spoiler
    killing people in the Dishonored universe tends to generally be the kinder thing

bigger spoiler about the guards
    they all seem to suffer horrible fates once Delilah takes over anyway

Mission 7 spoilers
    If Stilton is still around, then the district doesn't turn to complete shit; Stilton also carries on protecting the miners and their rights

PSN Fleety2009
  • Options
    UselesswarriorUselesswarrior Registered User regular
    Etiowsa wrote: »

Eh, it's actually not that bad. The levels are actually very well designed wrt no power runs. Most of the routes you can take are pretty well telegraphed.

I agree for the most part. I was pretty bummed on the second level to find that not all bone charms / runes are accessible without powers.

Hey I made a game, check it out @ http://ifallingrobot.com/. (Or don't, your call)
  • Options
    Just beat this as a non-lethal Corvo. It was really excellent and I'm basically ready to play through again immediately as a lethal Emily. Every level was great in its own way, the world is amazing and the graphics are stupendous, the game is super tense when you can't just kill people who spot you, and blinking around choking people never gets old.

• Options
    Seems Dishonored 2 is going super cheap just about everywhere. $20 US on amazon, and I've seen it on Australian shelves for $25 AUD (about equivalent, maybe even alittle cheaper)

I have to admit it's a bit sad. Dishonored 2 is a great game. If copies aren't moving at that price then it's a damn shame.

• Options
    KonphujunKonphujun Illinois, USARegistered User regular
    Just beat this as a non-lethal Corvo. It was really excellent and I'm basically ready to play through again immediately as a lethal Emily. Every level was great in its own way, the world is amazing and the graphics are stupendous, the game is super tense when you can't just kill people who spot you, and blinking around choking people never gets old.

Now do it in batman mode (no powers). It is a completely different game.

Everything: Konphujun(#1458)
  • Options
    SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    So uh

where the DLC at

s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
  • Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    The video description says 'standalone retail game'. Is that a mistake or is this Dishonored 3?

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    Standalone expansion, so bigger than DLC but not a full-size game. $30 on Steam, which mentions it has
    a full set of new powers (although an "Original Game +" mode will be included, which adds a set of powers from the main Dishonored 2 game).

s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    E: Double.

SoundsPlush on
    s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    danxdanx Registered User regular
    edited June 2017
    Yilias wrote: »
    The video description says 'standalone retail game'. Is that a mistake or is this Dishonored 3?

No it's standalone but it's not full price. It's like £20.

danx on
  • Options
    TairuTairu Registered User regular
    I need to beat this game

• Options
    It's an expandalone.

• Options
    Seems a smart way to do it. I would have happily advised anyone who was curious to pick up Daud's DLC if it could be brought on its own.

So is Billie going to have outsider powers? Alot of her abilities appear technology based but she also seems to have a blink ability which seems beyond what we've seen of dishonored tech.

Also Outsider powers could be a liability​ considering who they're trying to kill.

• Options
    SyngyneSyngyne Registered User regular
    So is Billie going to have outsider powers? Alot of her abilities appear technology based but she also seems to have a blink ability which seems beyond what we've seen of dishonored tech.

Explanation: whale oil

5gsowHm.png
  • Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular

Explanation: whale oil

Any sufficiently advanced etc etc.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
  • Options
    PhillisherePhillishere Registered User regular
    Seems a smart way to do it. I would have happily advised anyone who was curious to pick up Daud's DLC if it could be brought on its own.

Also Outsider powers could be a liability​ considering who they're trying to kill.

I read somewhere that she's got some sort of relic from a dead god.

• Options
    CromartyCromarty Danielle Registered User regular
    Does anyone know what the tunes are called that play on the audiograph in the spare room on the Dreadful Wale after mission 3? I know one of them but not its name and Google has not been helpful.

• Options
    DLC comes out September 15!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbfVx-HLBRU

• Options
    FreiFrei A French Prometheus Unbound DeadwoodRegistered User regular
    I love Rosario Dawson as Billie so I'm looking forward to this a lot. Not to mention, the powers are fresh and they all look inventive and crazy fun, especially with stuff they've shown off like the hook mine.

on a Dishonored 2 note, I'm doing a ghost playthrough with Corvo and I got a rune that I've never had before that knocks out enemies after I leave their body. This, combined with chain possession just means I can knock out entire rooms so easily.

Are you the magic man?