As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Pinny Pal Community Thread 3.0 New Pinny arcade fans start here. Winter is Coming Soon™

12346»

• MarioManiacMarioManiac Registered User regular
    I hope I can be put in the group with Kurpav, Krovek and Sennohki. Grizzlchips has backed out of group 22, so I'm told via Slack.

"If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 mph, you're gonna see some serious shit!"
    signature_zpsh4qstnbp.png
    https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/MarioManiac
  • InterestingMixInterestingMix A little bit of everything really Melbourne, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    That makes me LFG

Anyone need an Aus person in their group?

m6s4s1d.png

Woosh!
  • txmlawrencetxmlawrence Registered User regular
    Has anyone heard anything about new groups yet? I go to South every year but can proxy for West this year 2017

• misskassmisskass Melbourne, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Hm it looks like our group has disappeared off the list. :(

• fishfishmonkeyhatfishfishmonkeyhat Freelance Pin Man Newcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2017
    How can pins be real if our groups aren't real?

fishfishmonkeyhat on
  • InterestingMixInterestingMix A little bit of everything really Melbourne, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    How can pins be real if our groups aren't real?

GPlay_Inception_v01_r01.gif

m6s4s1d.png

Woosh!
  • gidgetsgidgets Registered User regular
    I'm interested in being in a group with @txmlawrence and @InterestingMix. If that makes things hard, I'm open to people being moved around, but prefer people who are on the pinny pals Slack. Thanks bunches @darkinfero!

That works for me (as mentioned in slack, which I suppose covers your second statement regarding preference :wink: )

m6s4s1d.png

Woosh!
  • SeamstressAyaSeamstressAya ArizonaRegistered User new member
    Hi everyone! My name is Aya and I just got into Pinny Arcade this year. I attended my first ever PAX South and had a blast. I'm looking for any tips and tricks that you're willing to send my way. I'm also looking for a group that needs a South trader to join them. I currently have a handful of the LE's and 2 South sets waiting to be traded for others from this year.
    I'm more of a lurker when it comes to forums and social media stuff but feel free to contact me.

Thanks everyone!!!

• SennoSenno AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Hi everyone! My name is Aya and I just got into Pinny Arcade this year. I attended my first ever PAX South and had a blast. I'm looking for any tips and tricks that you're willing to send my way. I'm also looking for a group that needs a South trader to join them. I currently have a handful of the LE's and 2 South sets waiting to be traded for others from this year.
    I'm more of a lurker when it comes to forums and social media stuff but feel free to contact me.

Thanks everyone!!!

Welcome to the community!

The pinned posts are your best introduction - with this one in particular being helpful; http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/200192/pinny-pals-community-resource-hub-podcast-chat-apps-and-useful-info

These forums usually inform about upcoming community meetups - though many of us have transitioned to Slack - a chat app where conversation is more immediate. Asking in here for a group to join is obviously the first step to being in a proxy group, and user @darkinfero takes care of that and does a great job.

I also recommend you putting your collection on pinnypals.com - this will help organise your sets, what you have, what you want, and can help you with trading.

And finally, because I run it, heres the facebook page for the pinnypals website https://www.facebook.com/PinnyPals/

• SeamstressAyaSeamstressAya ArizonaRegistered User new member
    Senno wrote: »

Thanks everyone!!!

Welcome to the community!

The pinned posts are your best introduction - with this one in particular being helpful; http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/200192/pinny-pals-community-resource-hub-podcast-chat-apps-and-useful-info

These forums usually inform about upcoming community meetups - though many of us have transitioned to Slack - a chat app where conversation is more immediate. Asking in here for a group to join is obviously the first step to being in a proxy group, and user @darkinfero takes care of that and does a great job.

I also recommend you putting your collection on pinnypals.com - this will help organise your sets, what you have, what you want, and can help you with trading.

And finally, because I run it, heres the facebook page for the pinnypals website https://www.facebook.com/PinnyPals/

Thanks for the links! I'll check them out.

• theoriginalztheoriginalz PhillyRegistered User regular
    Hey friends. The expindables needs a new west pal. Feel free to message me here or on slack for details!

Trade pins with me! Pinny LanyardjlB4Ded.png
  • fishfishmonkeyhatfishfishmonkeyhat Freelance Pin Man Newcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    I've decided to leave the Pinfessionals so they'll be needing another AUS pal. The other members of the group have the US shows covered (and I believe Unplugged as well) so this is a great opportunity for an Aussie looking for an established group they can trust to join.

If you're interested send me a PM and I'll put you in touch with them.

(for the curious it's because I'm not collecting enough of the US pins now and to free up some show time for myself)

• HingoHingo Minneapolis, MNRegistered User regular
    I've decided to leave the Pinfessionals so they'll be needing another AUS pal. The other members of the group have the US shows covered (and I believe Unplugged as well) so this is a great opportunity for an Aussie looking for an established group they can trust to join.

If you're interested send me a PM and I'll put you in touch with them.

(for the curious it's because I'm not collecting enough of the US pins now and to free up some show time for myself)

F

Pins for trade!
    2015 PAX Prime Omeganaut (I will forever hate Katamari)
  • timmywiltimmywil Chattanooga, TNRegistered User regular
    My group needs a "hardcore" AUS pal as well. We'll get you full sets of the US PAXes in exchange for 2 extra full sets from AUS. Thanks for your time.

Hey @gidgets and @txmlawrence , are you still looking to set up, please let me know ASAP.

m6s4s1d.png

Woosh!
  • txmlawrencetxmlawrence Registered User regular
    I am attending West if @gidgets still needs a proxy

• theoriginalztheoriginalz PhillyRegistered User regular
    edited August 2017
    Hey friends. The expindables needs a new west pal. Feel free to message me here or on slack for details!

We're still in search of a West pal. HMU if you can help! We're not hardcore, but also not super casual :) found one. thanks!

theoriginalz on
    Trade pins with me! Pinny LanyardjlB4Ded.png
  • Psi_aussiePsi_aussie Registered User new member
    Just submitted a form.
    I am super keen to get back into this groove. Not sure how well I'll do, but Im gonna put in a solid effort at this year's AUS to get what I can. Definitely "enthusiast" for now, but with ambitions, I tells you!
    AMBITIONS!

FYI @darkinfero I am now part of "Holla Holla Get Dolla"

m6s4s1d.png

Woosh!
  • Tubby2877Tubby2877 Addicted Pinner Canberra, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Hi all, while we are not on the list on the front page, the pinultimates have been around since 2015, and are looking for un unplugged member. We have a South (@seiven), East (@SG_Fred) and West (@Ecoho) and Aus (Me) person, so just looking for one extra unplugged (you) person to join our ranks. Feel free to get in touch.

• zimzeezimzee Yonkers, NYRegistered User regular
    Tubby2877 wrote: »
    Hi all, while we are not on the list on the front page, the pinultimates have been around since 2015, and are looking for un unplugged member. We have a South (@seiven), East (@SG_Fred) and West (@Ecoho) and Aus (Me) person, so just looking for one extra unplugged (you) person to join our ranks. Feel free to get in touch.

If you are still looking for an unplugged person, I can be the one! I will surely always go and I can also help with the east pins if needed.

2vikpdov4y8b.png
  • Tubby2877Tubby2877 Addicted Pinner Canberra, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    We are @zimzee, ill send u a message tomorrow with the deets but welcome to the pinultimates

• skellerskeller San DiegoRegistered User regular
    The Pindentured are looking for an Aus member this year, we have the other 4 shows covered. Send me a message on here or on Slack if you're interested!

• imnotalawyerimnotalawyer Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    Hopefully this is the appropriate thread to toss a newbie question into...

I am a long-time PAX-goer and recent Pinny Arcade convert, although I only go after pins that have significant meaning to me. In that respect, I have been incredibly fortunate in tracking down those rare pins I have missed out on... with one exception... the Star Trek Timelines pin has now become my white whale!

I have not had any luck through the trading post or through trade offers on Pinny Pals. Offers go unnoticed (not even rejected) and it can be pretty frustrating. I have even been to subsequent events hosted by Disruptor Beam (the studio behind the game) and swung and missed trying to get their community director to dig a stray pin out of the junk drawer. I really would like to avoid simply ebaying it...

Can anyone offer advice for building trades or otherwise tracking this pin down? At the moment I only really have two pins (the talent pipes and gwent pins) to offer, which I suspect is a large reason for my failures to date... any help is much appreciated!

imnotalawyer on
    faPgNTD
  • Wraith90Wraith90 Saskatoon, SkRegistered User regular
    A lot of Timeline pins left the community (it is Star Trek after all) so there are not too many for trade. They are slightly more common at East I would say as that was where they were offered.

I would check out the community slack and ask in the #trades channel.

Link: bit.ly/pinslack

• helen0rzhelen0rz Registered User regular
    Not sure if this is the place, but can someone explain to me how pinny arcade community site trade works? If I’m at the trade page, and I accept the offer, what exactly comes after? Some trade posts have multiple pins they’re looking for and to trade, and I don’t want to commit to a trade post without understanding the steps up to mailing the actual pin?

48vla9t2j9ff.png
  • intrikenintriken Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    @helen0rz sometime people post multiple pins that they are looking for at once. you do not have to accept the offer but if you see something in their list that you have, you can propose a direct trade with that user for something you have. When you get an offer like that you can either accept or propose a counter. Once both parties have accepted then you ship each other the pins. It then gives each side the ability to report on the process good or bad sort of like ebay.

q79shc6tkx4f.png