As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Xenoblade] Xenoblade 2 coming to the Nintendo Switch in late 2017

• FiatilFiatil Registered User regular
    Sooo anyone know if Nintendo is going to hop on the HD Remake bandwagon this gen? I will 100% buy a Switch for an HD Xenoblade remake.

• Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Fiatil wrote: »
    Sooo anyone know if Nintendo is going to hop on the HD Remake bandwagon this gen? I will 100% buy a Switch for an HD Xenoblade remake.

They already hopped on that bandwagon last gen.

That said, I wouldn't expected the first Xenoblade to get another remake. If anything, X is probably first in line to get a remake (or re-release, rather).

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    Port/remaster of Chronicles X is never an impossibility. But if they were going to do it in the foreseeable future, now would have been the time to do it, not dedicate resources to a brand new game in the series. So I wouldn't expect anything for at least a year, year and a half, minimum.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
    Port/remaster of Chronicles X is never an impossibility. But if they were going to do it in the foreseeable future, now would have been the time to do it, not dedicate resources to a brand new game in the series. So I wouldn't expect anything for at least a year, year and a half, minimum.

That's not necessarily the case. For example, Nintendo has outsourced all of the recent Zelda remakes, so a potential Xenoblade Chronicles X port wouldn't really take away resources from Xenoblade 2.

• Road BlockRoad Block Registered User regular
    Maz- wrote: »

That's not necessarily the case. For example, Nintendo has outsourced all of the recent Zelda remakes, so a potential Xenoblade Chronicles X port wouldn't really take away resources from Xenoblade 2.

That's exactly what they did for Xenoblade 3DS and it would probably be more challenging to port to the less powerful 3DS than to the more powerful Switch.

• AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    I recently finished XCX. I had bought it, like, forever ago and never got in to it for some reason. Not the game's fault, I think it was just a weird time for me.

At any rate, holy shit I loved every God damn minute of it! Now I'm hungry for a sequel.

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • DashuiDashui Registered User regular
    Axen wrote: »
    I recently finished XCX. I had bought it, like, forever ago and never got in to it for some reason. Not the game's fault, I think it was just a weird time for me.

At any rate, holy shit I loved every God damn minute of it! Now I'm hungry for a sequel.

How long did it take you? I bought it when it came out, too, but stalled after awhile. I found the attribute and gearing systems indecipherable. "This level 20 item is worse than my level 5? Why? It increases my health a fair amount but every other stat I need tanks. God dammit!"

Xbox Live, PSN & Origin: Vacorsis 3DS: 2638-0037-166
  • DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Dashui wrote: »

How long did it take you? I bought it when it came out, too, but stalled after awhile. I found the attribute and gearing systems indecipherable. "This level 20 item is worse than my level 5? Why? It increases my health a fair amount but every other stat I need tanks. God dammit!"

There's light, medium and heavy gear. The heavy gear is always going to have way more base defense stats (with a bigger weakness to gravity if that ever matters)

The lighter gear's advantage is more upgrade slots so you can stack more damage boosting stuff in it.

• PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    I think I mostly ran around and climbed big rocks before I stopped playing.

• PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular

There's light, medium and heavy gear. The heavy gear is always going to have way more base defense stats (with a bigger weakness to gravity if that ever matters)

The lighter gear's advantage is more upgrade slots so you can stack more damage boosting stuff in it.

A few enemies will use gravity attacks, it's pretty rare.

And basically yes - use heavy gear until you start cranking out augments because it's 95% of the time the better option (or more. Gravity is really NOT a common element... but you may find yourself wrecked suddenly if you're all in heavy but meh).

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    edited January 2017

I clocked in at around 100 or so hours. Did a bunch of side stuff and exploring.

The gear and stats are madness. I ended up just looking up what all the stats were.

Gear is odd and took a bit for me to realize what was going on, but generally gear has traits and some traits can increase stats like attack and defense. Traits also have ranks so it is possible to have a low level piece of gear with a high ranked trait that makes it better than a higher level piece of gear.

I'd just look up a guide on it. Getting past that hurdle is well worth it and honestly once you know what you're looking at it's simple enough.

Though not having an in game explanation on these things is one mark against an otherwise great game.

All in all I'd say XCX has a number of little flaws, but the whole is so much more than the sum of it's parts.

edit- There seems to be a pretty damn robust post-game too. I look forward to delving in to that.

Axen on
    A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    I'm just gonna say that I always had money problems. And running around "The Cave" is not my idea of fun.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • BarrakkethBarrakketh Registered User regular
    I beat the game earlier after dragging my ass basically doing post-game stuff before finishing the story.

Which mainly means the foundation for a thermal Lailah. Diskbombs with Custom.WP-ATK XX (x3 on each), Cracker-BM and Grenade with double thermal traits. Also the ME M-Missles for appendage smashing (with x3 Crush.APPEND). Just need some octopus boards to finish Megaflame-B.

Rollers are red, chargers are blue....omae wa mou shindeiru
    Xenoblade Chronicles launches "Holiday 2017" (probably late November); new trailer + extended gameplay:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xjpao-nD5YU&t

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfGk6VMcJsw

• The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    God it looks so fucking gorgeous. Particularly in motion, I didn't expect it to look quite so...I dunno. Lush?

And while we have no idea if it has any story connection to Chronicles, if it does, I think, re: the Architect:
    Could/should be Shulk. Xeno games tend to never be able to have an actual happy conclusion (if they even get to conclude), bittersweet at best. So I think it could be neat (and sad) if it turns out that Shulks new world wasn't at all what he wanted, or expected, and ended up finding out that he couldn't relinquish the godhood he wanted no one to have, and ended up having to give in and direct creation to try to come and take away his power in order to start over again, with the "monado" power even more diffuse and diminished in any single holder.

Alternately I'd be perfectly fine with it having no direct connections, but plenty of inferences for our own personal headcanons. :P

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• OatsOats Registered User regular
    I hope I can scale down that UI.

• pyromaniac221pyromaniac221 this just might be an interestin YTRegistered User regular
    Those environments are as gorgeous as the character designs are not

psn tooaware, friend code SW-4760-0062-3248 it me
  • vamenvamen Registered User regular
    edited June 2017
    I like the idea of the blades, but the execution makes me think they are going to constantly be getting in the way of the camera. I hope they will stand farther out in the final game.

EDIT - also, that town is GORGEOUS.

vamen on
  • skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    I guess I'm the only one that doesn't mind, and even likes the character designs. But then again I enjoy anime...

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
    skeldare wrote: »
    I guess I'm the only one that doesn't mind, and even likes the character designs. But then again I enjoy anime...

I didn't like them in the trailer, but they actually have been growing on me as I'm watching this really long gameplay demo.

Yeah, I'm basically neutral to them when compared to Xenoblade 1. The environments look pretty -- is there any info on if the game will just be you and swordgirl, or will it have a party like 1 did? The trailer made it seem pretty duo-ey, but it's just a trailer at the end of the day.

edited June 2017
    Yeah, I'm basically neutral to them when compared to Xenoblade 1. The environments look pretty -- is there any info on if the game will just be you and swordgirl, or will it have a party like 1 did? The trailer made it seem pretty duo-ey, but it's just a trailer at the end of the day.

The long gameplay demo showed a party. There are also other 'blades' like the swordgirl that you can swap out with.
    If I recall right, it was 3 party members, each connected to a blade.

vamen on
  • EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    The story treatment of the girl could potentially be a problem.

But the designs are... somewhere between "Default armor" Xenoblade 1 and "late-game armor" Xenoblade 1.

Sharla's armor sets are awful, and Seven's speed frame is even worse.

• KyanilisKyanilis Bellevue, WARegistered User regular

The gameplay video that was also posted shows a lot more! To answer your question, yes, there are definitely party members.

• AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    Mmm, yes. That combat system looks delicious. I'm 100% more excited for XC2 now.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
    I'm pleased it's actually out this year. So much of E3 was awesome but most everything I was eager for is next year.

vamen wrote: »

The long gameplay demo showed a party. There are also other 'blades' like the swordgirl that you can swap out with.

This is good. I need a party with some solid banter in my RPGs -- that's what put Xenoblade over the top for me. That moment with Rikki, Melia, and Dunban is fantastic.

This is good. I need a party with some solid banter in my RPGs -- that's what put Xenoblade over the top for me. That moment with Rikki, Melia, and Dunban is fantastic.

And it's also good when it's Reyn-time.

• TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular

It's always Reyn-time.

steam_sig.png

It sounds like they kept the British voice acting, which means it will continue to be Reyn time forever.

• Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    Territorial Rotbart...we meet again! :evil:

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    edited June 2017
    I remember fuckall about how XC1 ended. Didn't it go total batshit at the end? Something about
    scientists on a space station orbiting Earth.
    I may need a refresher before I go into XC2 if there's much linkup at all between the two.

AbsoluteZero on
    cs6f034fsffl.jpg
    Probably spoiler dat, but you kind of got the gist of it yeah.

• lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    There's a Heropon!

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
    Yeah my only real complaints with Xenoblade is I felt the end game was a bit over the top and that I preferred it when Shulk was just out for revenge since that's a fairly rare story for a heroic character. (Also my favourite part of Silent Hill 3)

Not a fan of the character design for this one, but for more Xenoblade I can deal. The environments were always where the graphics impressed anyway.

• EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    I did like how Shulk's revenge plot ended, though.

And the foreshadowing that led to that.

edited June 2017
    Fair, I'm still mad at him for
    Preventing Dunban from killing Mumkhar

Yeah not giving in to hatred is all very well but that one needed to die.

Road Block on
  • KriegaffeKriegaffe Registered User regular
    I'm not sure I can play this game in front of the kids. It looks like there's a sex doll running around after the main character.

Kriegaffe wrote: »
    I'm not sure I can play this game in front of the kids. It looks like there's a sex doll running around after the main character.

You can swap her out for a less sexy sex doll.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg