As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Movie Thread.

19495969798100»

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    -Tal wrote: »
    some might say that mr. burch is a bad writer

Tell it to me in memes

• Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    So he gets knocked out immediately and the real hero does work right

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • TubeTube Registered User admin
    I thought Borderlands 2 was supposed to have good writing? And be done by Mikey Neumann?

• EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    Tube wrote: »
    I thought Borderlands 2 was supposed to have good writing? And be done by Mikey Neumann?

I think some people really like it, I don't have a super strong opinion either way

And I've no idea about that second part

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    The writing in Borderlands 2 is... fine. And then you get to Tiny Tina, who I explicitly did not like. But that did give Ashley Burch a role in bigger and better things, I think, so hey, good for her.

• TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    He also did a HAWP about his experience writing Borderlands 2 where he flip-flops between going

"HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO WRITE THIS I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO"

to

"Ok, I think I've got this, I can write this."

straight back to

OH GOD I'M A TERRIBLE WRITER WHY

So I can appreciate his self-depreciation.

b1ehrMM.gif
  • ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    Tube wrote: »

I think some people really like it, I don't have a super strong opinion either way

And I've no idea about that second part

mikey was on the writing team, yeah

and I would say, yes, it had decent writing and I don't know where any of this stuff is coming from

My main issues were

1) Tiny Tina
    2) Handsome Jack was INSUFFERABLE and even though it was intentional it was still the fucking worst

And also the memes in the badass rank stuff, etc

All of that isn't Anthony Burch's fault but he was the head writer so I think a lot of the blame defaults to him

• BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Yeah Anthony Burch is one of multiple writers on BL2, I don't know why he gets singled out as The Meme Guy so often

CYpGAPn.png
  • GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    He was head writer so it all kinda defaults to him.

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    tiny tina was my favorite part of that game

• Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    i can't remember much about borderlands 2, but it wasn't like...nextwave levels of terrible from what i recall

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• TubeTube Registered User admin
    I guess it's new thread time

geth, close the thread

• GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Affirmative Tube. Closing thread...

This discussion has been closed.