As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Pax South 2017 VR

MurfMurf Registered User regular
There was a Big VR booth right by the OW booth I think? it was 1v1 a type of tennis/combat game. Does anyone recall what VR system that was?

• BekerBeker Child's Play Program Director SeattleRegistered User, Penny Arcade Staff regular
    Assuming you mean right next to the Arena stage, that was an HP booth I believe. I was told that was developed just for them, I'm not sure if its the same game, but CCP's Project Arena they are working on is basically the same.

-Beker/Erick
    zx6ak2M.png
  • MurfMurf Registered User regular
    Beker wrote: »
    Assuming you mean right next to the Arena stage, that was an HP booth I believe. I was told that was developed just for them, I'm not sure if its the same game, but CCP's Project Arena they are working on is basically the same.

Actually I was hoping to learn what VR hardware they used, it fit better over my glasses than Occulus or Vive

• BekerBeker Child's Play Program Director SeattleRegistered User, Penny Arcade Staff regular
    If I remember correctly it was just standard hardware. I think Vive, but it could have been Oculus. I helped them get set up and I don't remember noticing anything unique about it. They may have removed some of the foam though, which would make it fit closer to the face.

-Beker/Erick
    zx6ak2M.png
    Damn ok, i am gonna have to find a store and actually try therm on I guess. Thanks for the help.

• TSoul19TSoul19 twitch.tv/soulygamingRegistered User regular
    edited August 2017
    It was a Vive and here is a link to the Zotac VR Go Hardware (backpack) you used at the booth!

https://goo.gl/mNi47K

TSoul19 on
    Nice thank you! I ended up going with the Vive after I sold my PUBG Exclusive skins ;) Had to end up buying contacts so I could use it comfortably, but I love it.